Sali Hughes #25 Gifted. I try very hard to pay but she will not have it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @TriviaNewtonJohn for the title, this one got the most votes!

Recap to follow, I need sleep!

Continuing on from here:

Reactions: 8
Thank you @SqualorVictoria for new thread.
I listened to bits of the Sophie EB thing (couldn't take an hour and a half of Sali) and thought SEB was careful to call it 'gossip' not trolling or bullying. Thought that was interesting.
Also - I know we never ever mention her children for good reason - but from what she was saying they sound very lovely boys.

Reactions: 17
Thanks for updating us @bloke
My particular interest is the power imbalance between the media and the individual, particularly the UK press. And also cults/mlm...and now “influencers” I guess. Plus I like chatting. I think we covered women’s magazines in media studies back in the day. They provide a sense of community and support. The same is often found in forums I think.
So just to recap-
these trolls
-don’t mention her by name
-don’t send her hate mail
-the one she met was a “normal” person who apologized and cried
-make her worried to be alone in a foreign city
-there’s only about 20 of them and she knows where they live and work

Okkkkkkkaaaayyy

My cuticles are horribly dry, Vaseline or no? I have the cotton gloves for hand cream.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

Reposted @bloke's documentary.
Well worth watching.
I just watched the whole thing. What a relief to hear a more balanced account than that pushed by Pretty Shrill and her coterie of blue tickers.

I was utterly disgusted to hear Sali's use of words heavily implying that posters in this forum gave Sali cause to fear for her personal safety. Untrue, grandiose, deeply offensive to women who have had actual death and r@pe threats.

Nice pastiche of Sali's overly enthusiastic use of alliteration in there, @bloke !

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
-make her worried to be alone in a foreign city
-there’s only about 20 of them and she knows where they live and work

Okkkkkkkaaaayyy
Quite.
And let us never forget the only people ever threatened have been us. Pitchforks and beying for blood by her chums. And she knows where we live. It's all in a folder (not sure that is legal BTW :unsure: ) and proudly admitted this to a violent sex offender.
On the one hand she keeps saying how 'normal' we are - 'schoolteachers among them' and how easy it is to be a foul keyboard warrior when we are pathetic fat jealous beef faces who never leave home - the next we are potential deranged homicidal stalkers following her to Paris, constantly ready to pounce and push her under a train (or the metro I suppose).
All because we questioned her ethics and use of botox.
See how daft that sounds.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I watched Blokes documentary last night. Two things struck me. In the footage Bloke used of Sali, I thought she looked really beautiful. Her face shape is so different now. He also inserted a clip of the " troll" Sali met up with. My first thought upon hearing her was actress. She sounded very scripted. She didn't sound like an emotional person talking off the cuff.

Reactions: 5
She says that women are more systematic in their bullying 😂

Babes - it's called deep dive research into your lies. You should try it sometime, you know...like journalists do.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I posted about it on the last thread, it should be one of the last few posts. She's trying to make it sound better than it actually was, that Lauren was being replaced anyway because the Guardian wanted her to make videos but Lauren wanted to keep her video content to YouTube only

Reactions: 6
My cuticles are horribly dry, Vaseline or no? I have the cotton gloves for hand cream.
Vaseline is an occlusive, you ideally need something under it then if you want to put Vaseline over the top it will lock the moisture in. Got any almond oil/argan oil? Any plant oil would probably work equally well. If not, try your richest moisturiser.
I watched Blokes documentary last night. Two things struck me. In the footage Bloke used of Sali, I thought she looked really beautiful. Her face shape is so different now. He also inserted a clip of the " troll" Sali met up with. My first thought upon hearing her was actress. She sounded very scripted. She didn't sound like an emotional person talking off the cuff.
I think it was an actress - they had to use one to re-enact the interview, because supposedly Becky didn't want her voice used because she was scared of sewer-dwellers coming after her 🤔

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.