Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I'm still angry this morning!
I am too.
Casually throwing out things like people here are both racist and homicidal. Unchallenged.
Also unchallenged on her less than glowing twitter past.
And why did nobody think it at all strange she has the names, address and jobs of people? People who have never once showed any interest in where she lives or goes. (She posts those endless train selfies).
Again - is she actually allowed to keep folders of our details? I really thought this was illegal.
Awful.

ETA and paying someone to do a programme on a topic they admit they have done no research on? Why has no one questioned her on this? She says she relies on third party anecdotal evidence as she can't bring herself to look here (*let's pretend we believe this*). As Judge Judy would say 'don' t tell me what other people said to you - heresay'.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17

Missypissy

"Whopping" is she paid to promote this adjective? Always manages to sneak a "whopping" in. Also suspect she is working commercially with satisfying, comforting and cheering. But she has been using them for decades. Never without.

• Haha
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Thank you @SqualorVictoria for new thread.
I listened to bits of the Sophie EB thing (couldn't take an hour and a half of Sali) and thought SEB was careful to call it 'gossip' not trolling or bullying. Thought that was interesting.
Also - I know we never ever mention her children for good reason - but from what she was saying they sound very lovely boys.

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
Have a satisfying Christmas you bunch of lovely people with lots of cossetting gifts from your affluent-looking friends and family!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I wonder if Sali's 'girlfriends' are more pleased to receive a candle snuffer or those drops you put down the toilet to make your poo smell less pooey (I've never quite got over that :poop:. I'd be so offended and not a little confused).
But they're all getting Hush socks this year aren't they.

• Haha
  • Heart
I watched Bloke's documentary and was very underwhelmed. This is a lengthy post and I do apologise, but the video was almost an hour long and I want to give a thorough overview for those who don't want to watch it.

The parts that were good were:
- It outlined hate speech, trolling and the law, as well as how suspect it is that powerful people like Sali want to use sweeping measures that violate free speech
- It described Tattle users as former fans who simply question Sali's honesty USP
- It acknowledged that most people are finding this thread thanks to Sali's own discussions
- It gave some insight into Sali's own shady and bullying behaviour
- It touched on the fact that this thread does not appear to display "hate speech", and that discussions around Sali's age and botox are inevitable given that she is a beauty influencer
- It discussed the "us versus them" and "good versus evil" discourse people like Sali create by using words like "trolls" and "sewer rats"

However, the documentary had its limitations.

- It seemed to have a goal of undermining policies and laws that tackle online hate speech, as well as the people that speak out against online harassment. Aside from a vague repetition of "collective responsibility to protect", there wasn't much discussion about this very real problem that Sali purports to be suffering from. I don't think anyone on this forum denies that women receive disproportionate amounts of hate online (for example, rape threats), and that this is something that needs to be tackled. I belong to numerous women's pages that are hijacked by men who gaslight and threaten, and it makes me feel very unsafe. As far as I can tell, our issue with Sali is that she takes these very real problems and conflates them with women discussing whether or not she is sponsored by Charlotte Tilbury
- It failed to explicitly mention that Sali's documentary made it seem as though the abuse Sali received was the same as the violence experienced by other women such as Jess Phillips. In fact, Bloke's documentary failed to describe what sorts of abuse Jess Phillips has actually received relative to Sali (I am not fan of Jess Phillips, but I also know how much misogynistic and racist violence women in politics face). This is why Sali is so dangerous - her "documentary" will be used to undermine testimonies from those who really have experienced traumatising online abuse
- I agree that we need to talk about how draconian the proposed legislation is, but it's a shame it didn't touch on how these measures will disproportionately affect vulnerable people. What happens to individuals who have to be anonymous for their own safety? E.g. human rights defenders who use the internet to expose human rights abuses; Facebook, YouTube and Twitter are actually huge evidence databases of atrocities
- It didn't really touch on the culture of these forums or what they mean to people beyond holding influencers accountable. Much of Sali's thread is women sharing beauty tips and there is often a sense of female comradery and support
- It didn't put online forums in historical context of celebrity gossip
- Although Bloke did contact the psychologist for further clarification about which comments qualify as hate speech, he could have done his own due diligence by looking at other threads. The psychologist never said that it was Sali's thread specifically (my suspicion is that she deliberately phrased it as such). She is actually right in that there are some threads which probably do qualify as hate speech, such as the JK Rowling thread which is openly transphobic
- Similarly, although the psychologist appeared to give a sweeping definition of hate speech, and I agree it was very worrisome and vague, some research into the actual legal definition would have been beneficial. Contacting another lawyer for their opinion would have been amazing (though maybe that's a bit OTT for a YouTube video!)
- He did not do a side-by-side comparison of the things said on here versus Sali's descriptions of what is said. It's not just that people were commenting on things Sali herself made public (e.g. her children and someone's funeral), it's that the comments made were arguably not even particularly awful or slanderous
- It should have discussed the responsibility of forums and what "collective responsibility to protect the most vulnerable" actually means. On most threads, Tattle is pretty good at kicking out people who are dangerous to influencers, and they take down posts that qualify as hate speech. Having said that, there are other threads of here that don't seem to have the same management
- There was a picture of a sausage at 11.52 that was a bit weird
- There were some metaphors that I didn't find helpful, especially given the video was so long

Overall, the documentary did not go deep enough and lacked a real understanding of what these forums are about. Its agenda from what I could tell, was to be critical of people like Sali Hughes who wish to use their power to bring sweeping laws into being. Whilst I agree with by and large, I think our motivations for this criticism are likely different.

If you read this far, thank you for taking the time and I hope it was useful :).

• Heart

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
She also hugely fetishises Jewish men which I have always found totally off and so bloody reductive. So you ‘have a thing’ for Jewish men - what, all of them? Philip Green? My uncle Maurice? Thought not. No receipts but I remember her frequently saying things about it and her wedding announcement thing was something like ‘he likes small people and I like big noses’. Plus all the I WAS AT A FAMILY BAT MITZVAH stuff. I don’t know if it’s full on racism but it’s othering and I don’t like it.
YES. Racial fetishization is racism too. How is it appropriate to say you prefer a particular race of people?! It would be like me saying I was attracted to my wife because I have a thing for black women. No. No, thank you. That’s not flattering at all.

Perhaps she likes the status of being a shiksa wife?? She is so screwed up!

Yel

Chatty Member
Ah thank you. I must've got the wrong end of the stick.
I know she contacted a former forum member who posted here briefly. Sali contacted her to say she knew her name and where she lived, her job and also obscure details I won't go into. Also that this member had contacted Sali whilst in the group 'begging' for freebies - (she hadn't - Sali had put out a call for testers for a certain product and this person responded).
Does this count as data she gathered through her website?
I have no idea.
You've raised a very good point. Sali has said she's gathered names, addresses, job titles, employers details. She herself is a business and is this personal data stored on equipment bought/owned by her company PRETTY HONEST LIMITED, Company number 09066915?

What personal data is being stored by pretty honest limited? Is it secure? Was there any consent? For what purpose? Even if she was able to find it by stalking social media that wasn't locked down that doesn't give her a carte blanche to do what she likes as she seems to believe.

Sali puts herself in quite a muddle as per usual as she's really not very bright.

I doubt she really has this data, but she's being pretty stupid using it as a tool to try to scare and intimidate.

• Heart

Curio

Chatty Member
Maybe the new story is true but the old story suited her more at the time as it sounded more ‘badass’. It’s interesting how what’s acceptable changes over time. What makes someone look (sorry can’t think of a better word!) badass then now looks unkind and inappropriate.

Missypissy

A whole article on websites to buy makeup from before U-turning to say buy in person?

And how does buying in person support your local beauty professional? She isn't Sharmadean Reid, and how is that economically better for the sales assistant? Most counter staff arent on commission, and all that really matters is if they are being paid a secure living wage by their corporate managers?
This pivot is lol. Like when you write an over complicated story at junior school but your hand gets tired so you end it by writing "then I woke up and it was all a dream"

• Haha

Leonard

I see there’s a new insta post up. Hush PJs (it’s an AD but also definitely not an AD as She Paid For Them)
Usual awkward photos - this time wrapping some Xmas presents. Oh apparently she’s a size 8. Who knew? 😉

(Also I tend to just lurk on these threads but wanted to say thank you for all the beauty recommendations. The Korean mits are amazing! What a lovely, helpful bunch of beef faced trolls you are)

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
I think Sali in her narrow mindedness conflates ANY negative comment on her socials with Tattle. It doesn’t compute for her that people don’t see the world as she does. Any and all questioning of it is trolling. Not saying she doesn’t get the odd vile comment but so does everyone with a social media account, regardless.

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
Didn’t someone here say a while back that there were complaints on other threads that there was more beauty talk than bitching?! Speaks volumes about who we are.

We call her out for: dishonesty over the products she promotes, her racism and bullying, the racism and bullying by the rest of the members of the “coven”, her poor oral hygiene (really, Sali, please scrub your filthy tongue), her inability to choose the correct foundation shade, her flattering hair choices, etc, etc

No wonder she doesn’t want people coming here to take a look because then all her lies would start to unravel!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
@bloke 👏👏👏👏 thank you for actually highlighting the flipside of that condescending, actual lies and bullshit piece the BBC threw money at.

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
When was this?! I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and assume it was in relation to Coco Chanel..?
Yes you are right. In Pretty Honest Chanel is one of her beauty heroines. She introduces her by saying something along the lines of 'she was an amazing woman, dodgy politics aside'.
I mean. Really. How can you put being a Nazi sympathiser (and allegedly a spy, and also identifying her Jewish workers to be sent to the camps) as 'aside' - it sort of is the defining thing about someone isn't it? Chanel was a disgusting person. No about of statement lippies or chic suits make her otherwise.
I am baffled as to whether Sali did any research into her. Maybe she as usual relied on family and friends telling her.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 15

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Does anyone remember the Sali article from years ago about fashion? The one where she was like "I have unique fashion choices" or something. And a photo of her wearing the exact same thing everyone wore in 2011

• Haha
Reactions: 15