Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I'm not going to pass comment on her personally as I do follow her page, but I've actually been hurt by some of the comments on her latest post. I resisted the urge to comment back as I'm very much an act first think later kind of person but the model mother comment has irked me. Yes I do believe more positive birth stories should be shared but I'm so cross with the whole it's not luck it's because of your prep and hard work, bullshit. I did it all, prepped, hypnoed, yogied and guess what it all went tits up and did for a very long time afterwards. So in a contradictory kind of way, yes share positive stories but be bloody mindful of those who also prep and do everything they should but still do not achieve what they wanted to. Someone with such a mass following REALLY needs to approach this with care. Sorry for going a little mums netty!

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Peachesplease

Hello! Another lurker who's so glad to have found this thread! I've been trying to catch up with previous threads but there's a lot to get through!!

I can only repeat what others have said. I used to wonder why she posed so strangely with her legs so far apart.

I used to admire her house. Until it finally clicked that all she did was post pictures of the same spaces, from a different perspective time and time again.

I used to envy her foreign travel. Until I realised that all she did was walk or cycle around, eat pizza/ice cream, and take photos of other people's houses. Where are the sights? The museums, the galleries? The culture and people? I mean, it's your holiday, do what you like. But this is supposed to be a travel guide???

The endless f-ing clichés. The hand hearts, the straw bags and hats. The vitamin sea. Farrow and ball downpipe. That rug with the design that looks like my toddler got hold of a biro and went mad.

The endless Soho farmhouse visits. Yes you're a member. We get it. Good for you. Does she think this shit is at all relatable? I didn't think you were supposed to take photos inside a private members club either.

The blog post on how her life is perfect and she doesn't want children and those ghastly kids on her flight home from Mallorca and then bam, 6m later she's pregnant without a shred of self awareness.

If any of you imagine she might share the realities of looking after a baby, think again. She won't. She only paints the perfect picture unless she's describing issues that are now resolved.

Oh there's more!. I don't want to go on too long!! Thanks for letting me get that out!!

Oh yes! 1 more thing! Whoever said they're like a retired couple, hit the absolute nail on the head.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Hilarious if this is actually true and they went to that much effort for the perfect insta photo opp!
Hate to say this but I’ve seen her and hubby get out the car , set up a picnic take photos which were later posted and then pack up and go home within 15 mins 😂 all at St Albans !!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

Libertine

VIP Member
She’s making serious money and doing serious damage and it’s actually quite cruel.
I think Rebecca has a highly addictive personality and is completely addicted to social media praise and free stuff. She cannot keep away from it.

Her family don’t have the polished, confident look of old money about them. Neither does her husband by any stretch! Rebecca was probably a nice, normal girl from an aspirational family who owned a profitable small business. They worked hard and did well for themselves.

However, her Instagram feed is a cos play of how she believes very wealthy people spend their time and money.

The travel, the house, the clothes, the garden - none of it is authentic. She only posts for three reasons: to incite envy, to beg, to shill. Properly posh people don’t need to do that.

She has replaced an eating disorder with a social media addiction. It’s no way to live one’s life.

Social media is probably damaging Rebecca just as much as it is damaging her followers.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Libertine

VIP Member
Rebecca brags a lot - but read between the lines.

She was ‘in shock’ after the baby arrived, which makes me think she had a fast birth which isn’t necessarily a good thing. She posted on stories she had ‘the worst night of my life’ which probably means the baby screamed all night. The baby also had a tongue tie, so establishing breastfeeding hasn’t been straight forward. The walks each day are possibly due to her obsessive need to exercise.

It’s all smoke and mirrors. I imagine for someone as self-centred as Rebecca the whole experience has been overwhelming and confronting - but her feed depends upon her presenting the pretence of a stepford wife life.

Reactions: 24

Nosleep

I just KNEW she’d find it all blissful and wonderful. I nearly said so when everyone was saying what a shock it’d be and how hard she’d find it.
The things that make having a baby so hard simply don’t apply to her. She has endless support with a husband who barely works and parents at her beck and call. Lots of woman simply don’t have that. My husband works away so 10 days after my second son was born he was off working away. My parents live 300 miles away. They have no money worries whatsoever, no need for Ben to get back earning or her to worry if mat pay will be enough. They have a huge, beautiful house and garden- space like that is such a luxury and makes having a baby easier and every (gifted) item they could dream of to ease the pressure.
She has no idea just how privileged she is and it’s quite sickening to see how smug and boastful she is but I am NOT surprised in the slightest. I could’ve predicted everything would be a wonderful, blissful time for her.

Reactions: 20

Peachesplease

Why doesn't she just take some time off the gram? Even if it was just 4 weeks or so. Enjoy her baby, get to know each other, get used to new motherhood? Does the ice cream really need another photo? Does Susan from Surrey really need an urgent response on the coleslaw? Why not just have a rest from it all???????

And then I just saw the nuna leaf #gifted and I remembered. I feel sorry for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Libertine

VIP Member
Hate to say this but I’ve seen her and hubby get out the car , set up a picnic take photos which were later posted and then pack up and go home within 15 mins 😂 all at St Albans !!
It’s the same with her ‘travel’ posts.

I’ve been to some of the same destinations she has travelled to. She knocks over four attractions in a day that each deserve a full day or more to be properly explored and enjoyed. I’m positive she asks her followers for destination advice then makes a shopping list of places to take instaworthy photos.

The best analogy I can think of is asking Instagram the best places to experience some culture in London.

Then scheduling:

9-10am at the British Museum
10.30-11.30am at the Natural History Museum
12-1pm at the Portrait Gallery
1.30-2.30 at the Tate Modern

Take copious photos at each attraction and go back to the #gifted accommodation to watch Netflix.

She isn’t a traveller; she’s a content creator. Travel is wasted on her.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

Icantbelieveitsnotbutter

She’s not hesitant at all, she just wants everyone to ask for it to help her feel important and so that she can say it was in response to so many requests to hear it.

Yes, agree that she was incredibly lucky and I agree that she should acknowledge that and not attribute it down to purely preparation, having not had a straightforward time myself I think she is actually being quite thoughtless in the way she is talking about it, but I think that is down to a lot of naïveté, thoughtlessness and also her self entitlement rather than through malice.

Reactions: 15

swipeup

VIP Member
She feels overwhelmed with messages and emails she "should" be responding to. On maternity leave. With a 3 week old baby. I actually feel sorry for her. Not in a "oh poor her, having to deal with all that" kind of way, I mean properly feel sorry that that's her mental state just now, and she can't see that as long as she goes back to business with constant posting and actually inviting people to ask questions that need a response!! she's creating this situation for herself but deep down there's obviously some need that's being met by doing it. It's sad.

Libertine

VIP Member
Her wealth or lack of it isnt really the issue most of us have with her. There are many rich people online with instagram accounts who dont belittle others, show no compassion, boast, beg, patronise and seem so discontent with everything they have. I think this is the real issue. We dont want to focus on her wealth as this makes us all seem jealous and bitter which i dont think any of us are.
I think her pretend-posh-persona has everything to do with the issues people are discussing here!

She has created a caricature of a wealthy, young lady of leisure in order to sell consumer goods to her audience who she hopes will envy, and then try to emulate, her lifestyle.

But she hasn’t quite nailed a wealthy lifestyle, so it doesn’t feel quite right to most of us, which is why we are picking up on the begging and bragging and so on.

She lacks authenticity. This is most likely why she comes across as discontent; a meaningful and authentic life is rewarding and leads to content.

The vast majority of wealthy, young ladies of leisure aren’t hooking up with a plain, older bloke at fifteen years of age. They aren’t getting married at twenty and knocked up at twenty-five. When they travel to exotic locations they aren’t sitting in gifted accommodation of an evening, watching Netflix and eating supermarket food washed down with a lemonade.

Thinking about it more this morning, the expensive car is obviously a business expense. If the family business also has a financial interest in the house, could the entire house and garden be considered a business expense as they are heavily featured on social media?

In fact, did the four directors of the family business sit down for a meeting to discuss the blog and Instagram feed becoming a bit stale, and decide a baby would freshen things up? 😳

Is little Freya tax deductible, too?

• Haha

twinkletoes1

Long time lurker on here.. loving your work guys 🙌

Just had to comment when I saw the registering the baby story. Why did they trek to St Albans when they live right next to Hemel? Could her baby not possibly have a Hemel certificate? Not insta friendly enough??

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14