Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hashtagblessed

Wouldn’t she rather have just paid for the sodding buggy than have to write *AD/gifted EVERY SINGLE TIME SHE SHOWS IT FOR THE REST OF HER DAYS?!

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Libertine

VIP Member
A lot of her need to be out walking, the Pilates right up until birth, and the exercising while on exotic holidays seems to me to be eating disorder hangovers. I also wondered whether the desperate desire to give birth was related to being very uncomfortable with being so big/weighing so much.

She will be the best breastfeeder who ever breastfed, with a blog post coming soon to tell everyone how it should be done.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

purpleghost

Does anyone follow disastersofathirtysomething? Well when she posted a picture of one of her twins in a baby carrier a few people advised her that she hadn’t got it on correctly, she was nothing but gracious in her responses to them and thanked them for their advice (in a genuine non sarky way I might add!) She just comes across so lovely and a real example of how to respond to any criticism.
I once messaged ever after With Kids because in her stories her child’s car seat belt wasn’t on properly I was really nervous she’d get annoyed and block me because I quite like her account but did it anyway because was concerned for the girl. She replied back so grateful and bought a clip thing to put on it the same day and messaged me a few days later with a pic of the new clip on the car seat and thanked me again

Reactions: 11

Lucy1983

Been on here for a while but never commented before. The thing that has frustrated me more recently is that everything in their life is celebrated as an event. I don't have children but I imagine that getting the birth registered is just a task that needs doing, and I wouldn't be getting my husband and mum to come with me. When my husband does on the odd occasional work from home he's working all day and doesn't have time to leave his little office. I suppose if you have loads of help and more time to yourself that's why everything seems amazing to her but it just feels unrealistic to have this way of thinking. Maybe it's just my upbringing that was very different makes me think this way.

Starshining

VIP Member
Been on here for a while but never commented before. The thing that has frustrated me more recently is that everything in their life is celebrated as an event. I don't have children but I imagine that getting the birth registered is just a task that needs doing, and I wouldn't be getting my husband and mum to come with me. When my husband does on the odd occasional work from home he's working all day and doesn't have time to leave his little office. I suppose if you have loads of help and more time to yourself that's why everything seems amazing to her but it just feels unrealistic to have this way of thinking. Maybe it's just my upbringing that was very different makes me think this way.
Welcome and pull up a chair.

Its an illusion of grandeur and wishful thinking. Rebecca considers each day as a chapter in a Famous Five book where life is whimsical and lashings of ginger beer.

There is a lack of fulfilment somewhere in her life so this imaginary one of simplicity is enlisted.

• Haha

Skewbedu

VIP Member
Maybe her feet are swollen after having the baby so she is wearing bigger shoes? Either way, it is a bit odd. Also what is going on with her toes in this photo on her left foot? Is that just a smudge on the mirror?? It makes it look like she has really long claw like nails. Haha
Useful advice as ever on how popping a shirt you can't buy over some clothes you can. I've never thought of wearing a shirt over my other clothes. Thank God for influencers

• Haha

Skewbedu

VIP Member
That recent post isn't even a humble brag, it's just a blatant brag. People who stumble onto her posts (and aren't as superb Internet researchers/stalkers as us😁) would believe a young mum is some kind of hinchy hero.

WE know the lie of this, Grandad is probably doing loads of it as his only other career of pointing at bricks, making weird fences, wearing one pair of shorts and chatting up school girls leaves him plenty of cleaning time.

Also the ubiquitous mother is #so much love(d) for being there every minute.

Sod Princess Diana and her "there were three people in my marriage so it was a bit crowded". Poor Gramps has five people in his marriage, grabby, gramps, Mumma, dadda and social media!

• Haha
Pisses me right off. Some people actually have real problems and a difficult time during pregnancy/the early days. My Mum died during my first pregnancy yet you get people like her moaning about how difficult things are while she sits in her million pound house, eating courgettes with no real job and her husband/parents around every single day to help with the baby. So unrelatable it's unreal!

• Sad

Icantbelieveitsnotbutter

Grandad is using the same baby carrier but it equally isn’t fitting him properly, the position of Freya is not at all in line with the guidelines, they should be able to see her face at all times, she doesn’t have the neck support yet to hold her own head up so they need to position her to keep her airways clear. She also hasn’t secured the hip support correctly so not only does the baby look like it’s going to fall out but she also won’t be getting the support for her own back that the carrier is supposed to give, it’s fine to use from 7lb - with the newborn insert then I think the baby needs to be either 10 or 12 pounds to go in without the newborn insert. I am talking from experience as I used that carrier for 2 years.

It’s similar to lily pebbles who put a muslin over the Pram and the had a go at people for criticising her parenting choices - citing that as an example. I agree with not criticising parenting choices, but when it comes to matters of safety just thank people for pointing it out - even if you don’t agree.

Their lives arent comparable to any of ours. The family have a lot of money. Her parents also go on multiple holidays per year to far flung destinations which arent #gifted, they live in an affluent area of england and have beautiful homes. Money is no object. this is the problem with social media. People like us watching from afar think this is achievable but it just isnt. We wish we had their affluence and lifestyle but we dont because we dont have their bank balance lol
I live not far from her but in a more expensive area 🤪🙈. I still think she’s a twat.

• Haha

Ghosttalk4

Chatty Member
A £1m house is not cheap and is unobtainable for about 90% of people. Social media really warps reality #acknowledgeyourprivilege
Not forgetting she was about 23/24 when she got her million pound house. Followed by a huge extension. And she'd never even had a bloody job. 🤔 And she didn't even have to cut back on the monthly exotic holidays to get it.

Who buys a million pound house at 24 and then pops off to the Bahamas, Italy, Hawaii, Calafornia and the bloody Seychelles in the few mobths after to avoid the brick dust of their massive renovation 🍆 just popping back I between to see if it's Instagram worthy yet.

Last edited:

Leita

Chatty Member
It’s all in the phrasing isn’t it, if she’s instead talked about what she was planning to pack in her hospital bag and pinpointed which resources or blogs she’d used as a reference point - rather than what to pack in your hospital bag it would just come across so much better.
The hospital bag that wasn’t used.

• Haha

Tiredtiredtired

Advising her followers to let someone give a bottle of expressed milk whilst she sleeps every morning isn’t great advice in establishing breastfeeding. Hi Rebecca, If you miss feeds you need to pump to maintain supply. There’s other ways for your mum and the Dad to bond. I have breastfed 3 babies and they have a great bond with their daddy and my mum despite not being fed a bottle by them

Reactions: 10

Meringue22

VIP Member
So she struggles to reply to her friends on WhatsApp but she can post endless pics/post stories/tag companies/beg for freebies on Instagram? This girl needs to get her priorities right pronto

Clare

VIP Member
Imagine being so lacking in humility or self-awareness that you spend probably hours of your life answering baby related questions and giving advice 2 WEEKS after giving birth to your first baby............watching her stories today was flabbergasting - get a grip girl - enjoy your baby not the attention of strangers on your phone - you never get these weeks back - NOBODY needs your ‘advice’. My daughter is 9 today and I would hardly dare to give advice to anyone, I’m still learning everyday

Ghosttalk4

Chatty Member
Her mother is so nauseating, another vacuous kept women with no purpose in life. It’s really no wonder Rebecca is like she is .....
Someone in my office referres to them as 'plus 1's' - as in, they ride off the back of their husbands success and reap all the rewards.

• Haha