Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like how she planned the use of a 'writing jacket' long enough in advance to bring that ridiculous circus jacket across continents, only to forget putting it on in most of the planned clip. And then later she says that she could only bring the first part of the book Little Women, because the whole book would be too heavy.
If only Ruby had at her disposal a device that you can use to read books without carrying them around, specifically designed to be compact and light for travellers and commuters...

I really need to know what she's doing in this photo. Send help. 😂 😭
She's cosplaying as the mouse from Dumbo

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I really need to know what she's doing in this photo. Send help. 😂 😭
Untit474678451226098ly768909546546578e94560-9-d.jpg

"HARKEN YOUR EARS, FALLOW CONSYARVATIVE VOTERS, THE PHASSANT-HONTING EVANT WILL COMMANSE SHWORTLY! TONIGHT WE DINE ON SOCKYOOLONT WOYLD BARDS AND WHATAVVA WE CAN FOIND AT WAITROSE! HAVE A PRODOCKTIVE HONGER GYAMES!"

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Most people are so full to the brim with information from tours and loads of interesting pictures and information from their trips, but everything seemed to just slip right by Ruby's blank mind. What a waste of money and time this entire expedition was!
How very dare you! She was DYEEPLY AFFAKTED! It’s just much too personal to discuss online 😑

• Haha
Reactions: 16
"Sidenote I LOVED Saoirse Ronan's performance of Jo in the 2019 Greta Werwig production, she just did it so well"

I.e. I liked the aesthetics of this film and saw that everyone's favourite character is Jo so I pretend Jo is my favourite character so that I look like I understood the book in the same way as everyone else even though I've never read it but pretend I read this book as a child to make other people think I'm an intellectual booklover.

Reactions: 10
"Sidenote I LOVED Saoirse Ronan's performance of Jo in the 2019 Greta Werwig production, she just did it so well"

I.e. I liked the aesthetics of this film and saw that everyone's favourite character is Jo so I pretend Jo is my favourite character so that I look like I understood the book in the same way as everyone else even though I've never read it but pretend I read this book as a child to make other people think I'm an intellectual booklover.
Also not to get off-topic but I thought Florence Pugh's Amy was more memorable than Ronan's Jo. Jo is a character that's easy to love. I think it's much harder to portray an unlikeable character like Amy in a way that makes her likeable and relatable

• Heart
Reactions: 23
God, this video keeps getting worse and worse.

Apparently JOAN March spent her days doing all the performative tit Ruby usually does, like pretending to read, pretending to use her suspiciously pristine and empty PONKIN PODDITIFTI PLANNAH, setting up her camera to film herself walking back and forth for the camera, and claiming to be VARRY PRODOCKTIVE with LYOTS OF WROYTING AND ADDITTING despite doing duck all.

View attachment 1745679

As predicted, she took her crappy vanity tea overseas with her just to be able to keep cramming in undeclared BARD 'N' BLAND ads into her America videos. JOAN MARCH would DAFFINATELY have bought BARD 'N' BLAND CANDOLLIT LOIBARRY TEEE!

The hard edit at 09:31-09:32 might be the most sloppy, jarring and abrasive audio cut she's ever put in a video.

View attachment 1745617

She starts rambling in sped-up footage about associating clothes with productivity or some such nonsense while waving her matador-pirate-magician jacket around.

"Obviousleee it dossn't have motch of an AFFACKT at the myoment...becozz oiy've NAVVER...worn it bafwore," she says, after having literally just shown herself wearing it...

View attachment 1745643

And then she cuts to a photo of her wearing it years ago...

View attachment 1745645

But she's NAVVER worn it. AVVER. JANUINELY. What was left of her sludge brains must've leaked out on the flight to Boston.
WTF is this? Is she auditioning for a JANUINE low budget remake of the Greatest Showman?

Reactions: 5
Does anyone else find it odd that Ruby seems to be in a sudden hurry to put this trip behind her? This video was an especially hurried mashup of Concord and Salem, like she just wanted to get it out of the way. Her IG and TikTok posts about NYC were also rushed and scattered---except for her appointment with SimpleRetro (where free clothing was apparently *VERY STRANGELY* forced upon her), we barely saw anything of the city. Now she's announced that she isn't going to do any more vlogs about this trip. What's going on?

Reactions: 20
Does anyone else find it odd that Ruby seems to be in a sudden hurry to put this trip behind her? This video was an especially hurried mashup of Concord and Salem, like she just wanted to get it out of the way. Her IG and TikTok posts about NYC were also rushed and scattered---except for her appointment with SimpleRetro (where free clothing was apparently *VERY STRANGELY* forced upon her), we barely saw anything of the city. Now she's announced that she isn't going to do any more vlogs about this trip. What's going on?
Yes, I definitely noticed this, as I briefly said in my post on the previous page. She cut it fast and furious. I don't know if she received lots of hate comments so wants to break with the subject or what is going on. NYC may have been hard to film more since she was with family most of the time and she couldn't play pretend in front of them or say her quirky comments while they stood by waiting. Still, I am surprised she didn't film and do a voice over and compilation on things. Seems like a complete cop-out to me. But a lot of people were asking her questions about that whole store/clothing situation, so she seems to have cut it out of her videos completely. Same for Salem and Concord. Very quick, didn't cover much, very uninspiring for her time at both places. She seemed already sick of her trip and adventures and frustrated to have to film at all. Hey, Rubes. We really don't care. Feel free to leave YouTube altogether if all you can muster up is some pathetic adds or poetry readings with poor pronunciation. I think she just snapped when she found out there are a lot of people smarter and wiser than her. Something definitely got to her.

Reactions: 13
This comment makes me think she didn’t enjoy her trip, and that she found it lonely:

9D212035-3488-4C85-B101-3DCA0866F502.jpeg

Reactions: 18
This comment makes me think she didn’t enjoy her trip, and that she found it lonely:

View attachment 1746548
I am pretty sure she said in one of her first videos when she was still on Beacon Hill that she didn't like the trip because there weren't many "literary things" like she thought there were...(lies)
Also, speaking on the new Jo video, she seemed really overwhelmed walking down that (sidewalk? road?) with all those cars zooming by.

Reactions: 6
From the vlogs we have seen so far there hasn't been much food, the only decent sized portion I noticed was the pancakes when with the other vlogger, is her name Athena?
Otherwise, I noticed in the hotel room in the latest video that she seemed to nibbling on peanut butter and small snacks. Where are the meals?

Reactions: 9
This video definitely seems to be rushed as it hasn't even been properly edited the main example of this is when she is talking about the writing jacket and all of a sudden the footage skips to her being in a car wearing different clothes and she says "No it is not" it just seems really odd footage to leave in as I don't have a clue why this is the video. The whole video just seems really odd is I would have thought that seeing as she was in Concord for a week she would have done a video that consisted of what she did in the week similar to the one that she did when she was in Boston but instead she only focused on one day which seems strange. The fact that she is not doing any more vlogs about this trip surprises me as I thought that she would have done a video about New York and what she did whilst she was there and to me it just feels like a missed opportunity to show her viewers what New York as like as not all of them will have been to New York before. I don't know but it definitely feels like something has happened on this trip that has unsettled her in someway.

Reactions: 12
This Concord portion appears to have been especially depressing -- it's depressing just to watch! In Boston and Amherst she seemed a little more engaged, but in Concord she looked withdrawn and anxious and reluctant to leave her room. I think this trip was just a bad idea. Three weeks alone in a foreign country might be fun for people who are outgoing and independent, but it was a mistake for someone like Ruby. And traveling alone in New England in mid-November was also ill-advised. It gets really quiet up there, it's cold, the days are short, and there aren't a lot of people around. It might be charming and cozy to do an off-season trip to someplace like Concord with friends or family, but not all alone -- and not if you're marooned without a car! I used to live in a very Concord-like town in northern New England, and sure, the town square with its shops and restaurants was postcard-quaint but you absolutely needed wheels if you wanted to see or do anything outside of it.

all of a sudden the footage skips to her being in a car wearing different clothes and she says "No it is not" it just seems really odd footage to leave in as I don't have a clue why this is the video.
Yes! What WAS that?

Reactions: 16
Why post a picture of the top part of a wall and a bit of a window? This is not content, Ruby
IMG_20221120_195454.jpg

Reactions: 6
Besides the fact that she travelled alone-ish for the first time, she made a lot of mistakes. She should have had a tighter itinerary, to make sure she got into literary places. She should have gone during tourist season when tourists were actually around and things were open. She missed the height of fall foliage season, she didn't seem to even know where to go or what to do and asked her followers after she got there. That is so bizarre. She went to odd places, like the beach, instead of using that time to go to the Museum of Fine Arts and picked Ipswich instead of Rockport, where there is a lot more to do and see. They went to Salem after all the Halloween celebrations were over and when stores have sold out of everything, many places close down for a few weeks and everyone is tired and grouchy after such a busy month. She made that Emily Dickinson promo the highlight of her trip and everything else seemed to not really interest her. By November we are in full swing of hunkering down and prepping for winter. North Bridge is bustling with tourists in late spring and all summer. But when she went no one was there to inform her of the history of the area and chat with her. Just locals jog or walk, with the very rare tourist walking by. People walk their dogs here, this time of year, and that is about it. As winter and bad weather approaches, you will see less and less of anyone out. It is cold here and all the big holidays are upon us. It is family time, not touring time! I almost feel like the NYC was tacked on unexpectedly. Or forced on her? It wasn't literary, so I was not convinced of her being happy. She was gone too long for a first solo trip. She would have been so much better with her family, a friend, or even a tour group, where she would have learned more and got a lot more out of it. Tour groups can be very supporting and kind. But I think she wanted to roam off on her own to create her dippy content for her social media. I just feel like she really had a brief happy time in Amherst and the rest depressed her. It can't be very cheerful being a tourist walking around by yourself, not seeing anyone else doing it when everyone her age is busy working, at uni, doing important things, and not playing "dress-up" and "let's pretend to be someone else!" Now that she is home she is probably in that flux situation where all her trips are behind her, she has no school to attend, no worthy routine, no purpose, doesn't want to do Vlogmas (she hasn't anything to share anyhow) and a future of so many unknowns.

Reactions: 9
It's particularly odd that she's not going to do a vlog about NYC at all (or at least, says she isn't). Unlike Concord, New York is festive and bustling at this time of year. In the brief glimpses that she posted on IG and TikTok, it looks like she did some really fun things, like tea at the Plaza and visiting the 5th Avenue library and the holiday market at Bryant Park. She just made a 25-minute video of herself sitting in a Massachusetts hotel room with a hot water bottle, but she isn't going to make any YT content about her first-ever trip to New York? What's wrong? Was it not "bookish" enough?

Reactions: 17
Ruby kinda reminds me of increasingly younger versions of myself. Her previous videos made me think of things I did at 14, but in this video we really regressed to a 8 year old who just read Little Women and now suddenly copies every random thing mentioned in the book. I can imagine 8yo me having a "writing jacket" and scribbling loads of stories wearing it to imitate Jo. But its so weird to see this thinking in a grown woman.
Also in the book Jo is nearly 10 years younger than Ruby.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.