Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's particularly odd that she's not going to do a vlog about NYC at all (or at least, says she isn't). Unlike Concord, New York is festive and bustling at this time of year. In the brief glimpses that she posted on IG and TikTok, it looks like she did some really fun things, like tea at the Plaza and visiting the 5th Avenue library and the holiday market at Bryant Park. She just made a 25-minute video of herself sitting in a Massachusetts hotel room with a hot water bottle, but she isn't going to make any YT content about her first-ever trip to New York? What's wrong? Was it not "bookish" enough?
I think (like someone said above me) she was with family that she didn't know all too well so she was probably afraid to vlog. Especially since probably her NY trip was just for simply retro, it probably scared her off 100% when the ad wasn't well received.
I know a lot of her American fans are probably super pissed about how this trip went / how she received America as just an ad opportunity rather than an educational/experience one

Reactions: 12
So I finally got around to watching (okay, skimming) the latest video.

How uncomfortable does this look? She's obviously set it up for the vlog because no one would choose to read in such an uncomfortable, cold-looking spot. I think the section is actually titled 'reading in a chilly meadow' which says it all.

1668987367103.png

I don't mean to offend any Americans, but Ruby's vlog has put me off visiting Boston and Concord. She's made it look boring and sad. I'm hoping it's just a mixture of the lacklustre video and the time of year.

How uncomfortable does this look? She's obviously set it up for the vlog because no one would choose to read in such an uncomfortable, cold-looking spot. I think the section is actually titled 'reading in a chilly meadow' which says it all.

View attachment 1747506

I don't mean to offend any Americans, but Ruby's vlog has put me off visiting Boston and Concord. She's made it look boring and sad. I'm hoping it's just a mixture of the lacklustre video and the time of year.
I may be a bit bias, as I live here, but I love Concord and all that it has to offer. She just totally missed the mark on everything. Yes, a lot of it is the time of year, as I have already said. It is past tourist season, cold, shorter days, people are busy with work, holidays, etc.. Harvest time is long over and we are busy putting away all our outside decor, closed pools in September, kids are in school or uni, it just isn't a time for this sort of thing. That being said, the area is beautiful, lush, green and busy during the spring and summer months. There are loads of places to tour, the Colonial Inn and some smaller, specialty places to eat in the center, along with several nice antique shops, gift shops, clothing boutiques, and, along with Concord Bookstore, there is also Barrow Bookstore, which is a used bookstore dealing with both used and antiquarian books. Apparently she missed out on this too. She must be blind. There is Artisan's Way....a nice arts and crafts store with beautiful pottery, baskets, paintings and other artwork. Lots of jewelry stores too. There are 2 cemeteries in the center, so you can see the very old tombstones and interesting engravings on them. You can go to Sleepy Hollow Cemetery (she called one that, but it wasn't it...lol....she got the wrong cemetery) and see the plots of Alcotts, Emerson, Thoreau and Hawthorne. Tour buses stop to all these places and there are also a lot of school day trips here during the season. It is clean, beautiful and fun. The local area, towns nearby, are also very beautiful, with some that are very woodsy with farms and massive mansions. Carlisle is one of the top 10 most expensive towns to live in, in MA, but you need a car to get there and appreciate the narrow winding roads and picturesque scenery. I am surprised she didn't film more of the center, inside the antique shops, the used bookstore. She even seemed very odd and nervous at the Concord Bookstore, though why she proclaims it the most beautiful one she has ever seen is beyond me. It is a very generic independent bookstore. That is it. Boston also has a lot more to offer, with beautiful museums, a rich history, the Freedom Trail, Harvard Square in Cambridge with all the bookstores and Longfellow's very luxurious home. Why luxurious? Because his work sold well in Europe while he was alive, as opposed to some of the other authors, who gained more fame after their passing. Again, so much history in this area. She just didn't care and used it as a platform to play.

Okay. Ruby just hit an all time low with this lackluster video of Concord and Salem. I mean, Concord and Salem, literary tour. Excuse me? Where is the freaking content?

She went to the Orchard House and considers herself privileged to have been able to take video and pics from Louisa's room. I have tons of pictures from there. They have no problem, so long as you are quiet and your phone sounds are not on. Too bad she didn't have any footage of May's room, the nursery, the parent's bedroom, the parlour where they held plays, the kitchen and dining room, Beth's piano, or Bronson Alcott's amazing library! Too bad she didn't share with her viewers that while Louisa May Alcott wrote Little Women here, the events actually took place at the Wayside, the "House of Authors" right next door, which she didn't tour. She could have also mentioned how Louisa wrote "Pot Boilers" to make money to finance the family, since their father was always off giving lectures and completely broke. They loved him, but as a provider he was useless. She didn't even show the School of Philosophy, which is right on the grounds and talk about how we still have philosophical lectures there every summer, known as the Summer Series. Nope. Just wanted to play Jo March with that ridiculous costume.

BTW Ruby, MacIntosh Apples are the most famous and most delicious apple in New England. Sorry you had to settle for it. Now she wants to eat apples to be like Jo March, even though she declares she doesn't really like them. Guess we know why you didn't feel good later. Two apples in a day for someone who never eats them mean trouble. lol

She never saw Sleepy Hollow, where the Alcotts, except for May (who died and was buried in Europe), Hawthorne, Emerson, Thoreau are buried. She didn't even mention that old burial ground right near where she stayed, knowing she got it all wrong. She didn't tour Emerson's House, The Old Manse (home to Hawthorne for 3 years and The Emersons), Concord Museum, which houses the entire library room from the Emerson House, which was moved from the original house across the street to the Museum, in tact, where it is safe from fire, because of all the rare objects. They recently catalogued it all with white gloves and photographing. Experts, mind you, not some clumsy like her. Concord Museum also has antique furniture, history of Concord and the Revolution, one of Paul Revere's lanterns, the desk, pencil, snowshoes and other items own by Thoreau. I mean, so much for literary tour.

Whilst sitting on her backside against that tree I could not help and laugh at how many people walk their dogs daily in this area and what happens at that tree. Also her comment on wanting to swim in that brook? That is a fall off gutter, where water and trash gather from the city. Sure...go take a swim in it, Ruby. Then she shows the boathouse from the Old Manse and sits there to read. Again, no information about its importance or that of the North Bridge. BTW, Rubes, that was where the river scenes were filmed in your favourite version of Little Women and we all got to stand on the bridge and sides watching it be filmed. The crew also went all around Concord Center and bought books and antiques for the movie props, as a kind gesture to the local businesses.

Then, after wearing that stupid costume that even Louisa wouldn't be caught dead in (I can't believe she lugged around so many ridiculous clothing pieces for this trip), she was off to Salem. Nothing about witchcraft trials or visiting the memorials, no touring the Witch House...just stood in front of it very awkwardly, didn't mention The House of the Seven Gables, and quickly ended the video. Most people are so full to the brim with information from tours and loads of interesting pictures and information from their trips, but everything seemed to just slip right by Ruby's blank mind. What a waste of money and time this entire expedition was!
I mean, we all know she has the money and business opportunities to potentially return to Massachusetts in the future if she wants to do any of these things.

Reactions: 1
I mean, we all know she has the money and business opportunities to potentially return to Massachusetts in the future if she wants to do any of these things.
But why not do it while you are there in the first place instead of wasting your time walking in fields, reading books under a tree and playing dress-up as someone who is soon to be 23 years old? She said she wanted to do a literary tour, but she left out all the literary places. All of these things she could have looked up and booked a tour, but she didn't. Bookstores she left out. Libraries she left out. I mean, not a very enthusiastic trip!

Reactions: 10
I've noticed lately that a lot of influencers and YouTubers are relying way too much on sponsored content and ads to make videos and Instagram posts. Ruby is just one obvious example. But in a time when so many of us are struggling to make ends meet, it's extremely off putting. I find myself watching YouTube less and less. I pay for Premium only to find that half of a 10-minute video is just a Notion ad or Shein haul. If companies are paying content creators thousands and they can make a living off it, their content SHOULD reflect that they have extra time and money to invest in editing and formulating ideas. They owe their viewers that at least.

What's the point of them making thousands for an ad if they half-ass everything? I think a lot of influencers just want to do the least amount of work because of an already lacking worth ethic and just want to cruise through life getting everything gifted while their faithful viewers foot the bill. I used to follow a tiktok influencer who just finished law school and decided that maybe law isn't for her at the moment and is instead living as an influencer. Influencers know that it's just easier than working or living a regular life as long as they're advertising stuff. We see this a lot with Ruby just putting a lazily edited video together FOR an AD. It's not genuine interest.

Reactions: 15

View attachment 1747506

As much as how I hate how Ruby did New England, her trying to "romanticize" New England during the worst time of the year is only making it worse. Boston & Concord (the way she pronounced it like the plane earlier on in the video had me going nuts. it's con-curd, roobs. ) have a lot to do during the summer, but Ruby put herself in a rock & a hard place because she didn't see many of the actual good areas in Boston, and didn't have a car for Concord.

Her trip was a disaster because she booked for too long & didn't plan well enough. She should have known that Concord (and pretty much anywhere outside the greater Boston area) is dead at this time if she did...any research at all. She should have just stayed in Boston the entire time and visited Concord for one (or two) days.

Reactions: 10
Ruby: "I'm VARRY HONGRY."
Also Ruby: (Eats nothing.)

She makes a point to say she's skipped "BRACKFUSST" and the first thing she eats is at 3pm.

She says she's going to have a "quick LONCH" despite having eaten nothing all day and apparently being really hungry.

She says it's going to be a quick, as though she's in a rush and doesn't have time for food, but then she does duck all but sit on a bed playing make-believe for the rest of the day.

Untit4545975e465465494455680985789875600-9-d.jpg

Her "lonch" consists of two tiny, thin slices of bread, a banana, a small wedge of avocado(?) and a single small, sad baby carrot.

Untit4545975e46546549445568098575600-9-d.jpg

She doesn't appear to have eaten all of this "food", as she takes her usual single, tiny bit of an already incredibly small piece of carrot (dipped in what appears to be a tub of butter?), then instantly cuts away.

Untit4545975e465465494560-9-d.png

But it's okay, because she's gonna follow it up by "eating apples". Plural.

Untit4545975e46546549445560-9-d.jpg

She gets on the bed with a single apple on a plate, so already it's not looking good.

Untit474678451226098ly768909546546578457989645e94560-9-d.jpg

She starts chomping away on the lone apple with every disgustingly loud bite audible on the video for some anti-ASMR, while she butchers some of Little Women, narrating about "MAG" March and her sister Jo, who has a "HOSKY" voice and eats "RASSETTS" while a "PAT RAT" scrambles nearby.

Untit474678451226098ly7689095465465784579896478975e94560-9-d.jpg

She cuts to a closer angle of herself pretending to read (and get apple juice all over the book and bed), where the apple is half-eaten.

Untit474678451226098ly7689095465465784579896478975e465465494560-9-d.jpg

She cuts back to a wider angle where there's a new apple with a single bite taken out of it in her hand.

Only it's not new. Look at the earlier screenshot. It's the same apple, she's just edited this out of sequence and named the chapter "reading and eating apples" to give the impression that she ate more than she did. This is far from the first time she's tried this trick.

Untit4545975e4654654944556809800-9-d.jpg

She's also got a tub of peanut butter - the classic ED staple - on the desk she's "working" at, along with a glass of water to chug. No other food to be seen.

"Syo, AS IT TARNED OUT, in the evening, oiy ANDED opp feeling really not varry whal. :("

Gee, I wonder why, you bleeping dumbass. That's generally what happens when you eat almost nothing every day and use tea and water as substitutes for meals.

Speaking of water, she's left approximately 5,793 glasses, cups, mugs and cartons strewn all over the B&B room, even though she JANUINELY KHAAN'T FYOCUS IF THAHR'S CLOTTAH ARYOUND!

Untit4545975e465465494564445568098578984565754675600-9-d.jpg

A coffee cup is on the nightstand when she gets up.

Untit4545975e4654654945644455680985789845678975754675600-9-d.jpg

It's still there at the end of the day.

Untit4545975e4654654944556809857898454675600-9-d.jpg

Untit4545975e46546549456444556809857898454675600-9-d.jpg

In her previous videos, she showed that she'd wisely taken her water bottle with her. Only Miss Sustainability has opted not to use it and instead start buying boxed water for some reason?

The carton is shown all over the place even though she already has a glass.

So either she fills this up just to pour a glass of water from it, even though she's sat in the same room as the sink, she bought several of them despite not needing to buy any at all, or the most likely option: It's another ad. She poses the carton the same way she does all her gifted tit, with the brand name on clear display and the product snuck into every shot she can, regardless of how little sense it makes.

image (8).jpg

She posted the above story during her trip, too. This tit's blatant.

And she's lying about the timescale of her videos again, too.

Untit4545975e465465494545645644455680985789845678454975754675600-9-d.jpg

When trying to explain what happened the next day and claiming she sat in a meadow for hours reading, she has one of her patented poker tell squinting seizures. She's lying.

Untit4545975e46546549454564564445568098578984567845497786765754675600-9-d.jpg

She looks terrified when she sits down to pretend to read under a tree (she claims she's been reading this book for endless hours across the trip, yet is somehow still only 3/4th of the way through) and she's constantly looking around all skittish in case someone might be nearby.

No bleeping way did she sit there reading for hours. She filmed two minutes of footage and then ran back to her room as fast as she could.

Untit4545975e465465494545645644455680985789845678454976887786779779879789678678657787954675600...jpg

After doing a godawful job of showing what Concord has to offer outside her B&B room, with 80% of the footage of Louisa May Alcott's house being close-ups of cracked and peeling paint of old windows, she concludes her trip there by urging everyone to visit. But she does it in her usual stilted, faux-poetic "just list several nouns with awkward adjectives" purple prose, which sounds anything but sincere.

"Oiy johst want tyo nyote that Con-chord is one of the myost BEEYOOOTIFOL PLYACES oiy've AVVAR visited. WHOITE STEEPLED TOPS. FLAILING LEAVES, SQUIRRELLING SPARRYOWS HOPPING YOVAH EXPYOSED TREE RYOOTS. TOINY COFFEE SHOPS AND POIYLES OF VOIBRANT LEAVES-DUVETS OF ORANGE AND BROWN--PATCHWOCK QUILTS OF ANOTTHA YEAHHR PAAHHST. OIY WUD RACKOMAND CONKUDD TO AVVERYONE."

There were leaves and trees and sparrows and coffee shops. All of the things she chose to highlight are things you'd find in almost any town in the western world. At no point does she mention anything that makes the town unique.

Reminder: "Oiy would rackommand this to AVVERYONE" is her go-to line when talking about a book she claims she's finished but very clearly never read, which sums up her approach to Concord; she lazily glanced at this town's cover blurb and then just pretended she'd experienced everything it had to offer.

Untit4545975e46546549454564564445568098578984567845497786779779865754675600-9-d.jpg

She butts back in from the present to ramble about her "wroyting jacket" and the "CRONCH of an appol" while her dog barks loudly in the background. As always, she does not bother recording a second take, because she's indescribably bleeping lazy.

She fills this section with humble-bragging lies about how she got up in Concord and went walking BEFWORD SHE'D EVEN MYADE HARR BAD! BOHT USUALLY SHE AWHLWLHEYS MYAKES HAHR BAD AS SYOON AS SHE WYAKES OPP! HAHR RYOOM JOHST HAS TYOO BEE VARRY TOIDEE OR SHE CAN'T FYOCUS!

As she's coming out with these blatant lies, there's mess all over her room, her bed is clearly visible in the background with the duvet that's been on it for months now, and the same sheets that have been on it for about a year. She's quite happy to live in filth and squalor and that's always been the case.

Untit4545975e465465494545645644455680985789845678454976887786779779865754675600-9-d.jpg

She showcases her usual lazy clichés, too. She tacks a load of unrelated footage onto the end of a vlog for padding. She plays Danse Macabre for the 9,492,507th time. The audio levels and quality are terrible; the second Bella shows up on-screen, their conversation is absolutely deafening, with the added bonus of being accompanied by wind blasting against the camera mic.

Ruby says she doesn't want to make a separate video all about her Salem trip, so surely she's wisely chosen to cherry-pick the best of what the place has to offer. There's...umm...main roads? And a tree? Grey skies. Hedges... How is this different from her being at home again?

Untit4545975e465465494545645644455680985789845678454976887786779779879789865754675600-9-d.jpg

Bella instantly (and inadvertantly) proves why she and Ruby make such fitting friends.

She points to a random shop. "This store looks just like...DOO-SEE'S MARKET from Gilmore Girls!"

Spoilers: It's pronounced "Dough-See".

Ruby then says that the coffee shop they're in had a real "Gilmwoar Gharls feel tyo it", despite it looking like every modern coffee shop/restaurant nowadays.

Neither of them has actually watched the show, have they?

Untit4545975e4654654945456456444556809857898456784549768877867797798797898657787954675600-9-d.jpg

Then they go to a bookshop and do nothing but talk about how "beautiful" the covers are.

The video abruptly ends with more dog barking and a snippy "HAVE A PRODOCKTIVE WEEK" after Ruby announces that her second meal in Salem will just be more sugary desserts.

What a miserable and pointless trip this was for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I have to say I found Ruby to be quite rude when she kept talking over Bella as she couldn't even say a sentence without Ruby coming in and interrupting her.

Reactions: 24
Ruby's back on her performative poverty bullshit again. Her dad's hiding cash in off-shore tax havens, her mum's been retired since the day she got married, she's raking in endless ad cash and sponsor money, they own several houses between them and they can take dozens of overseas holidays a year.

But Ruby read something in the Torygraph about a cost of living crisis and has decided that her family is suddenly too poor to turn their heating on this winter.

Ruby would also like to take this opportunity to recommend that you buy a product that she's advertising, because of course she does. She's just discovered what she seems to believe is a brand new, cutting edge piece of technology: an electric blanket.

Screenshot_20221121_132233_Chrome.jpg

It's her new favourite "wahrk essanshul", even though she doesn't have a job or do anything resembling work.

But Ruby's family are SYO VARRY PWOOR that they could apparently only afford to buy one of these, and they all have to share this one single-bed blanket between them in lieu of turning the heating on ever again.

Reminder: Ruby is the fuckwit who leaves windows open all over the house in the cold dead of winter while the heating's on, without a peep from her parents about it. There's no way these rich, tax-dodging Tory cretins aren't going to have their heating on all day, every day.

"NOT AN AD OR ANYTHING!"

Yeahhh, sorry but nope, you've cried wolf far too many times, Ruby. Better to just not go waving any products at the camera at all, ever again, especially when it's this bleeping tone-deaf and braindead.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
£70????? Yet another reminder of how out of touch she is; for those who are struggling with CoL, this is completely unattainable. She. Does. My. Head. In. She could, you know, DONATE some of the hundreds of clothes she has been gifted and bought. She could donate the gifts she is gifted and still publicise the products. Ffs.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The have a bleeping Aga, she's said a number of times it's their main heat source. No way they're actually turning it off. Why does she lie about everything?

Reactions: 18
Ruby's back on her performative poverty bullshit again. Her dad's hiding cash in off-shore tax havens, her mum's been retired since the day she got married, she's raking in endless ad cash and sponsor money, they own several houses between them and they can take dozens of overseas holidays a year.

But Ruby read something in the Torygraph about a cost of living crisis and has decided that her family is suddenly too poor to turn their heating on this winter.

Ruby would also like to take this opportunity to recommend that you buy a product that she's advertising, because of course she does. She's just discovered what she seems to believe is a brand new, cutting edge piece of technology: an electric blanket.

View attachment 1748547

It's her new favourite "wahrk essanshul", even though she doesn't have a job or do anything resembling work.

But Ruby's family are SYO VARRY PWOOR that they could apparenly only afford to buy one of these, and they all have to share this one single-bed blanket between them in lieu of turning the heating on ever again.

Reminder: Ruby is the fuckwit who leaves windows open all over the house in the cold dead of winter while the heating's on, without a peep from her parents about it. There's no way these rich, tax-dodging Tory cretins aren't going to have their heating on all day, every day.
Her big old uninsulated house would cost a fortune to heat even without the cost of living crisis, it’s also possible her house is heated through an oil tank which is hard to fill atm. Her house is also falling apart and hasn’t been decorated in years.. I think it’s highly likely her parents don’t turn the heating on. It’s like a meme that wealthy people are miserly with heating their large country homes. Anyone who’s been in a house similar to hers will know how cold and impossible to heat they are 💀 radiators just don’t work in those types of houses.
It’s likely they only heat one room, via their aga or a fireplace so the bedrooms are probably freezing

Reactions: 11
Pretty sure she said her house is grade listed so they’re not even allowed to put in central heating

Reactions: 4
Ruby Granger #34: Sells her soul at any price, not-an-ad and other lies: she's heard it said otherwise

Reactions: 14
my husband got an ad on Youtube yesterday for heating cushions. they are more than 100€, but I'd totally see him buying this. 😆 (we have gas heating. yay!:rolleyes: )

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.