Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way Saoirse Ronan pronounces it it sounds like the vowel sound is a schwa both in the middle and at the end. But I'm not Irish so idk
Saoirse Ronan has said that she simplifies (or mispronounces) her own name because it's easier for non-Irish people to grasp. So she pronounces the name Sur-sha (sur rhymes with purr). The name is usually 'Seer-sha ('seer' to rhyme with near).

ETA: The only video example I could find was from the movie Song of the Sea.

The new PONKIN PRODAKTITI PLANNAH is out and spoiler:
View attachment 1749576

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I can't believe it's already time for a new thread, this one still feels like the new thread to me! Things move quickly in Rubyland 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I can't believe it's already time for a new thread, this one still feels like the new thread to me! Things move quickly in Rubyland 🤣
it goes so fast bc there are a lot of words in the thesaurus and lots of authors' names to mispronounce 😭

• Haha
Now that the dust has settled... can someone explain to me why a person would try to emulate Emily Dickinson? Call me a pleb but I got bored on my break today at work and looked up what she wrote, and honestly, it just seems like she wrote some of the most powerfully cringe-inducing prose I've ever read (And I've read de Sade) and made everyone around her uncomfortable.

• Haha
Well Matilda is out in the cinema this weekend. She’ll be dressed up like this for months now. It’s almost as bad as when kids would dress in superhero costumes for months

Reactions: 17
Wait. Another planner????? I swear this one looks identical to the other ones, even in color. And is not a bit late for purchases? Maybe it's because I live in what order shippings call "the rest of the world", but if I order something now it will arrive in February.
The planner is the exact same as this years academical planner as the pictures that represent each month are the exact same. Even the key section is exactly the same as the academical planner as it contains the same list, she hasn't changed a single thing as this planner is the exact same and contains the same content it honestly feels like a wasted opportunity as she could have changed this planner to make it look more unique than the academic planner but instead she wants it to be the exact same.
1669065484244.png
1669065555609.png

1669065814603.png
1669065828073.png

Reactions: 8
Her management probably know that last years planner didn’t sell, so don’t want to invest any money in paying someone to do new designs for this year

Reactions: 12
She looks happier in today's OOTD video than she's looked in weeks. Meanwhile, she just spent nearly a month in the U.S. walking in the footsteps of her supposed literary idols and she seemed lost and miserable the whole time. She should just drop all that bookish/literary/dark academia nonsense because it's unconvincing. This is her truth: she's a homebody and a momma's girl who still gets excited about visiting her grandparents. And honestly, so what? There's nothing wrong with any of that. But what she should really consider now, after that dismal trip, is taking a break from social media and getting in touch with her real self instead of clinging to the little girl bookworm identity that she roleplays online.

Reactions: 27
Well Matilda is out in the cinema this weekend. She’ll be dressed up like this for months now. It’s almost as bad as when kids would dress in superhero costumes for months
I bet she'll post a story in front of the cinema in her stupid power pose as well.
She looks happier in today's OOTD video than she's looked in weeks. Meanwhile, she just spent nearly a month in the U.S. walking in the footsteps of her supposed literary idols and she seemed lost and miserable the whole time. She should just drop all that bookish/literary/dark academia nonsense because it's unconvincing. This is her truth: she's a homebody and a momma's girl who still gets excited about visiting her grandparents. And honestly, so what? There's nothing wrong with any of that. But what she should really consider now, after that dismal trip, is taking a break from social media and getting in touch with her real self instead of clinging to the little girl bookworm identity that she roleplays online.
The thing is though, I don't think Ruby really even knows what her identity is. There's also a word for homebody and momma's girl, and it's arrested development. She wants to be a perpetual child and never leave home. There's not anything wrong with being a homebody necessarily but she also has no real plans for her life at 22 other than stay in her bedroom begging for more ads. She seems to hate youtube, she knows at this point that she's not a real writer, and she knows how difficult a master's would be. She has some real issues she needs to work through but she won't, she'll keep up the ads and poor content. She could transition into cottagecore but I don't think she even has that many ideas. She would just jump from one false identity to the next. She really needs someone to speak sense into her. Her parents won't because they're her biggest enablers, her few friends won't because they only see one side of her, her sister won't because she has a life of her own, we won't because she considers us mean bullies...

Reactions: 18
ruby it’s okay to be a homebody. Really. If you like movies secretly, you’re allowed to. If all you do is scroll through strudygram all day To see what’s trending that’s cool, too. But really. From one homebody to another, honesty might ruin your brand but you’d be sooooo much less burnt out.

Reactions: 18
There's also a word for homebody and momma's girl, and it's arrested development.
Sure, but what does it mean to be a "developed" person? Its definition has been very fluid over time. If we'd been having this discussion about someone like Ruby 60 years ago, the consensus would have been that Ruby should be married or at least engaged by now. Thirty, even 20 years ago, this thread would have been full of comments about how Ruby really needed to get laid more than anything else. So what are the milestones of healthy development today? Living on one's own? A social life outside of the family? A job? I've known people who have those things and who are still emotionally stunted disasters on the inside. Ruby just wears her stunting on the outside.

She seems to hate youtube, she knows at this point that she's not a real writer, and she knows how difficult a master's would be. She has some real issues she needs to work through but she won't, she'll keep up the ads and poor content. She could transition into cottagecore but I don't think she even has that many ideas.
Exactly, this is why I think social media is her biggest problem right now. She can't just be herself because she's hooked on having fawning followers who think she's a poet or some tit, and she likes getting free stuff. And it's her only income. So she's locked into putting on this act. I agree that she doesn't have good ideas---she doesn't seem to be naturally creative and even when she does try something different (like this misbegotten trip) she executes it so poorly and with such a lack of commitment and effort. She's well off. Without an online audience, she could have a really comfortable, happy life doing very little and that might eventually allow her to become a healthier person overall.

Reactions: 21
Her management probably know that last years planner didn’t sell, so don’t want to invest any money in paying someone to do new designs for this year
They never invest any money into it. The only thing that even slightly changes year to year in her planner is a slight change in the dull pastel colours and the dates.

The whole thing was likely "designed" by a Sixteenth intern playing around with the basic stationery templates that came with design software, and all they've done every year is a quick 5 minute amendment of a few headers.

Screenshot_20221122_063426_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221122_062652_Chrome.jpg

This one is beyond lazy though. They literally just took the Academic Planner, changed the 'Academic' text to 'Yearly' and deleted "2022/" from the title. Only they couldn't even be bothered to adjust the line under it to fit the width of the new date.

Screenshot_20221122_062652_Chrome.jpg

The line's the same width as before, and now it looks incredibly oversized. The design looked generic and crappy before, but sloppy tit like this is next-level lazy.

Reactions: 14
The problem is now she’s trapped into You-tubing her arrested development lifestyle as she’s ostensibly successful and makes a decent income from it. She has no incentive to change unless she loses views sponsorships and income.

if she wanted to ne a cottage core home body lifestyle vlogger she could - she owns her own bloody cottage -and that would be an age appropriate change to her channel but would allow her to continue with similar content.

I hope I’m making sense - I’m tired.

basically Riby needs to look to moving to her own place and if she wants to continue vlogging her cottage core homebody life she still can!

Reactions: 5
Unti65767tled.png

"£18.50 each because inflation isn't fun"

Get the duck outta here with this lying bullshit, Ruby. These cheap-ass wastes of paper cost pennies to produce. Your management team intentionally chose the cheapest supplier possible, hence the endless defects, issues, lack of product variety, zero customer service and crappy, crappy product quality. Don't act like this is anything but you trying to grift your fans for as much as you can. This is a Poundland planner dressed up. It should not cost this much for any reason.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
View attachment 1750779

Get the duck outta here with this lying bullshit, Ruby. These cheap-ass wastes of paper cost pennies to produce. Your management team intentionally chose the cheapest supplier possible, hence the endless defects, issues, lack of product variety, zero customer service and crappy, crappy product quality. Don't act like this is anything but you trying to grift your fans for as much as you can. This is a Poundland planner dressed up. It should not cost this much for any reason.
This is giving strong "it's one banana, Michael, how much could it cost? 10 dollars?" vibes

• Haha
Reactions: 21
View attachment 1750779

18.50 for a spiral bound planner that will get bashed up in a bag very quickly. :sick: I can't believe there are that many mugs out there that will pay full price.

You can get molsekine ones for less.

Reactions: 20
18.50 for a spiral bound planner that will get bashed up in a bag very quickly. :sick: I can't believe there are that many mugs out there that will pay full price.
I bet with shipping expenses it ends up costing even more especially for international customers. And I checked online and the Moleskine 2023 yearly planner costs only slightly more than this garbage (on Amazon Italia it's €20,50 and currently discounted at €15) Of course they can't sell any of those planners.That's the kind of product you're competing with at that price point

this big chunky spiral thingy alone would put me off the planner. It's not handy and waaaaay to big. I wonder how many of the planners they have to throw away because nobody is buying them.

Reactions: 9
this big chunky spiral thingy alone would put me off the planner. It's not handy and waaaaay to big. I wonder how many of the planners they have to throw away because nobody is buying them.
They always sell them all eventually, but only because they only order very limited stock and never restock.

It's more of Ruby's fudging of the numbers to embellish her non-accomplishments; she keeps bragging when they sell out and claiming there's been a positive response, but taking months and several desperate discounts to offload just 3,000 planners when you have 700,000 followers isn't a success story.

Even the fan she took to a BARD 'N' BLAND event had to mention how she had to tape her planners back together because they fell apart right away.

Reactions: 8
She really needs to release her planners earlier. I have a feeling some people still aren’t going to get it in time for the new year. If I were running a company I would have released it at the latest by November 1st. She has this problem each year but still doesn’t do anything about it.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.