Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i don't understand how could she merge Concord and Salem into one video and then be in NY and not include NY at all. She could have had 3 videos and that's better than one long, no? + she met other youtubers there, collaborations are good for expanding audience. I bet "pre-autumn week in SALEM with my penpal" and "bookshops of NY with *insert whaever his name is*" would get her some extra views?

Reactions: 8
Does anyone actually care about seeing gifted items, especially when they're non stop... like are we supposed to admire it? be envious? buy it? At this point it's coming across as a constant, desperate and personal attempt to prove her "success"

Reactions: 12
Her newest outfit of the day on tiktok...it's like a toddlers outfit sorry

Reactions: 3
I may be a bit bias, as I live here, but I love Concord and all that it has to offer. She just totally missed the mark on everything. Yes, a lot of it is the time of year, as I have already said. It is past tourist season, cold, shorter days, people are busy with work, holidays, etc.. Harvest time is long over and we are busy putting away all our outside decor, closed pools in September, kids are in school or uni, it just isn't a time for this sort of thing. That being said, the area is beautiful, lush, green and busy during the spring and summer months. There are loads of places to tour, the Colonial Inn and some smaller, specialty places to eat in the center, along with several nice antique shops, gift shops, clothing boutiques, and, along with Concord Bookstore, there is also Barrow Bookstore, which is a used bookstore dealing with both used and antiquarian books. Apparently she missed out on this too. She must be blind. There is Artisan's Way....a nice arts and crafts store with beautiful pottery, baskets, paintings and other artwork. Lots of jewelry stores too. There are 2 cemeteries in the center, so you can see the very old tombstones and interesting engravings on them. You can go to Sleepy Hollow Cemetery (she called one that, but it wasn't it...lol....she got the wrong cemetery) and see the plots of Alcotts, Emerson, Thoreau and Hawthorne. Tour buses stop to all these places and there are also a lot of school day trips here during the season. It is clean, beautiful and fun. The local area, towns nearby, are also very beautiful, with some that are very woodsy with farms and massive mansions. Carlisle is one of the top 10 most expensive towns to live in, in MA, but you need a car to get there and appreciate the narrow winding roads and picturesque scenery. I am surprised she didn't film more of the center, inside the antique shops, the used bookstore. She even seemed very odd and nervous at the Concord Bookstore, though why she proclaims it the most beautiful one she has ever seen is beyond me. It is a very generic independent bookstore. That is it. Boston also has a lot more to offer, with beautiful museums, a rich history, the Freedom Trail, Harvard Square in Cambridge with all the bookstores and Longfellow's very luxurious home. Why luxurious? Because his work sold well in Europe while he was alive, as opposed to some of the other authors, who gained more fame after their passing. Again, so much history in this area. She just didn't care and used it as a platform to play.
Thanks for explaining. I have a relative who lives in Boston and his photos of the place look so different to Ruby's. When my grandparents went to visit they did the whole touristy Halloween thing in Salem. They loved it. :LOL: So I was hoping the dreary looking videos had more to do with Ruby.

Reactions: 2
i don't understand how could she merge Concord and Salem into one video and then be in NY and not include NY at all. She could have had 3 videos and that's better than one long, no? + she met other youtubers there, collaborations are good for expanding audience. I bet "pre-autumn week in SALEM with my penpal" and "bookshops of NY with *insert whaever his name is*" would get her some extra views?
I think in Ruby's language/case/imagination/understanding it's pre-winter now

• Haha
Reactions: 1
The have a bleeping Aga, she's said a number of times it's their main heat source. No way they're actually turning it off. Why does she lie about everything?
Quite frankly, I think she lies because she's so used to making up fake scenarios of her life (such as living like a victorian child or a famous author) that at this point, lying just comes too natural to her. She's lying to us and herself.

Reactions: 8
The have a bleeping Aga, she's said a number of times it's their main heat source. No way they're actually turning it off. Why does she lie about everything?
I'm also confused as to why she didn't turn the heat up while staying at the B&B in Concord and resorted to her water bottle and oversized blanket scarf. You pay a single price for staying overnight. You can crank the heat up to stay warm. They certainly don't want their clients to be cold while staying over, so this was another weird Ruby only moment. I have big Colonial home. Rooms are spacious and we are careful about heating. Bills are high and I don't like being toasty. I am a winter person and love a cool house at night, so drop the thermostat hours before going to bed to cool the house down. Never have I needed a heating blanket or a hot water bottle to warm my bones! Maybe a little flesh and insulation in her own body would do her good. And wearing proper seasonal clothing. She is a basket case.

Reactions: 11
£70????? Yet another reminder of how out of touch she is; for those who are struggling with CoL, this is completely unattainable. She. Does. My. Head. In. She could, you know, DONATE some of the hundreds of clothes she has been gifted and bought. She could donate the gifts she is gifted and still publicise the products. Ffs.
Exactly, you can get electric blankets for £18.99 in Home Bargains. £70 is so much money tbqh.

Reactions: 4
my husband got an ad on Youtube yesterday for heating cushions. they are more than 100€, but I'd totally see him buying this. 😆 (we have gas heating. yay!:rolleyes: )
My boyfriend's got gas heating as well. I don't, but I've got a letter in the mail today from my electricity provider, telling me my monthly payment's gone up. It's all fun and games over here. :rolleyes:

How is she humbled when someone tells her the correct pronunciation of a word in a language which is foreign to her, but passive aggressive and triggered when someone points out her incorrect pronunciations of words in her native language?
Because in Roobee world, humbled means “I’m really pissed off with you for daring to challenge me but I’ll throw in a random word instead”

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Wait. Another planner????? I swear this one looks identical to the other ones, even in color. And is not a bit late for purchases? Maybe it's because I live in what order shippings call "the rest of the world", but if I order something now it will arrive in February.

Reactions: 7
From the way this person described the pronunciation I think Ruby now thinks it's pronounced Seersha like in see.
yeah lmfao, both the commenter and ruby are wrong. it's pronounced saoirse, not seersha or sorsha, it's somewhere in-between the two. it's basically impossible for ruby to ever pronounce it right anyway due to her non-rhotic english accent. she can't pronounce the R sound in the middle of the name.

yeah lmfao, both the commenter and ruby are wrong. it's pronounced saoirse, not seersha or sorsha, it's somewhere in-between the two. it's basically impossible for ruby to ever pronounce it right anyway due to her non-rhotic english accent. she can't pronounce the R sound in the middle of the name.
The way Saoirse Ronan pronounces it it sounds like the vowel sound is a schwa both in the middle and at the end. But I'm not Irish so idk

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.