Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Heybooboo

VIP Member
Because no one is allowed to use a phone and hold a baby at the same time 🙄 wow sometimes it so silly what people cling on too

• Haha
Reactions: 42

Catlady1

VIP Member
Trouble is there’s not much to criticise her for at the moment is there. She’s just had a baby and to comment on that is like going down an arm chair expert worm hole! So I shall tell an anecdote of when I had my daughter 23 years ago. I was in hospital with a young girl who already had two young children. She was a nice girl but a bit common as my mum would say!! Anyway she liked Byker Grove. Which was a children’s programme that made Ant and Dec famous. She took her baby into the day room which most wards had then and fed him in front of the TV. A midwife saw her and came bustling in and said we do not feed our babies in front of the tv on my ward. The girl having just had a baby was very tearful about it and I had to tell her to ignore the old cow and that it was her baby and I doubt there’s a mother alive who hasn’t multi tasked in this way. The moral of this tale is most of what we do is by instinct and common sense. We all do our best. Times and best practice changes. Chill out!!

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Fluffyducks

Chatty Member
Just went to listen to last weeks podcast.. then realised Robin was “co-hosting”, couldn’t have switched it off faster. I’m not being subject to someone else’s irritating five year old talking shite, when I’m trapped at home with my own crotch goblin. Thanks but no thanks👋🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

bla bla bla

Surely she's allowed to be tired having just had a new child?! Surely that's when you're most tired, when you're getting used to the new routine?
Surely she’s allowed to have a drink and call her baby whatever she likes. But here we are....

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I have found the competitive super-womaning on this thread a bit tedious... ok sure some people have a c section and do an Ironman or whatever the next week
I know several seriously fit people who’ve had one and been bed bound with agony for a while. I can’t get angry at a woman who’s struggling a bit following a human being being taken out of her abdomen.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38

Vloggerfam

VIP Member
My association was not to do with pronunciation. More how it looks, or could look. Especially when written by hand in some peoples handwriting
The person I replied to said it was an pronunciation issue?

It’s besides the point, I’ve seen some absolute garbage written on here but this really is reaching. It’s a kids name, it’s not your kid, get over it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 37

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Can we get the thread back to Rosie now please? Not because I'm the Mumsnet police but because you're all absolutely horrifying me and making me wonder whether I really want to keep trying for a baby :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 35

KNS

The guidelines must have changed since I had mine then. Midwife said the odd glass won't hurt but no more than one glass. I saw how unwell my eldest was after I had fruit juice. I couldn't eat garlic, spices. I didn't eat plain pasta for years after they stopped feeding.
Guidelines have never changed because breast milk has always been made in the same way- it’s biology, I would say health professionals who are uneducated on the subject is most likely the case. Every babies stomach is different, my baby was fine after I drank wine & ate curries.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

etak24

I think it’s because she did the post about not following the rules, then the next morning she did the ‘I love you, but’ post so it’s a fair assumption to make that the ‘I love you, but’ post was someone calling her out for saying she wouldn’t follow the rules. I think what’s annoyed people is that Rosie can’t take any criticism and if it was someone calling her out for that then rightly so. She has a huge following and it’s completely irresponsible to say things like that when there are a lot of people who will think that’s ok and they won’t follow the rules either.

I think this might have been me. I sent her a message saying something like “I promise I don’t want to sound horrible, I think you’re great I have a lot of respect for you. I totally understand how you feel and even though you’re right, removing bubbles would be awful please consider keeping it to yourself saying things like I would break the rules. When you hear people say that it makes you feel - what’s the point. And there are people who could potentially follow the rules better. I don’t mean to sound horrible”

anyway she saw the message, no reply and blocked me. Fair enough, but I’m surprised she then went to the effort to post about it. For context I’m doctor (didn’t tell Rosie that, it shouldn’t make a difference) and I’m so aware how this feeling of “they’re breaking the rules so why not me” has a huge impact. When you’ve got a big following I think you have a responsibility to post carefully. There’s a way to say things and I’m not sure it was the best way to do it and I just thought I’m not doing my bit if I don’t bring her attention to that. That’s all. I wasn’t criticising her views, just asking her to consider sharing certain things more privately when there could be adverse consequences...

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34

Oliviabob

I had multiple losses before my eldest and honestly, I just couldn’t find anything positive in anything whilst I was pregnant. My brain was just scrambling. It’s only when I look back that I realise I must have seemed like a right miserable monster 😂

• Heart

LittleRa

Chatty Member
Rosie’s latest grid post says people can take strength in the fact that there are always people worse off- namely her and Chris!!! She’s honestly saying to people who may have lost their jobs, signed onto Universal Credit, lost their homes, had relatives die of Covid etc that they should cheer up because her and Chris have it soooo much worse in their massive house with their hundreds of thousands of pounds and two beautiful healthy kids plus other family members for support (Sandra). Jesus Christ!

• Angry
  • Wow

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Her rant yesterday just reinforced to me how much of a moron this woman is. No Rosie you don’t have it harder than others just because your husband has a broken ankle and a newborn. You live in a massive house, by the sea, your child has loads of toys, a garden, loads of lego (which creates HOURS of fun) etc. There are kids out there with parents who quite frankly couldn’t give a shit about them, left to their own devices all day. Fending for themselves. Hardly getting 2 full meals a day. Not getting any help with home schooling and possibly don’t even have the equipment needed. You are NOT in a hard up position here. No matter how much you love to pretend you can relate, you can’t. You’re not in the working class world anymore. How about instead of moaning every single fucking day or your life you do something to help others. Donate some of your wealth to worse off children, it might put you in a more positive mindset.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Woh guys... let’s stop looking for problems! Completely gives people the right to call us trolls. Some of thesecomments are not constructive and unnecessarily unkind.
Was gunna say...y’all know she’s got another kid right? Think she knows how to hold a baby.

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
This thread isn’t fun when it’s like mumsnet. There’s a place for all this I know everything about baby talk and it’s not here! She’s really improved since having the baby I guess she just really is a bad pregnant woman..

• Heart

Cocobean

VIP Member
She’s having a glass of wine 😂 calm down. There are three adults in the house
We don't even know if it IS wine. It could be coke, Ribena, anything like that! She is expressing so I expect she will be careful.

After I had my eldest daughter (now 23) I literally INHALED a pint of lager and it never touched the sides and she was about 10 days old but god it was GOOOOOOODDDD!! But I just had the one.

Give and take ladies, give and take! We aren't all perfect and this isn't Mumsnet. I can take or leave Rosie depending what she is up to, but she's been picked at all through her pregnancy, and now she been picked at since she came home.

Reactions: 31

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Can you imagine being in hospital feeling rubbish and having Chris Ramsey's wife blurting out a Pontins style cover of Whitney Houston at your bedside?! I'd ask the doctors to sedate me.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

Sln2404

I personally don’t see the issue with using tape to stick a baby’s ear when it’s a newborn if it’s going to save a lifetime of bullying. It’s not like she’s chopping bits of him off.

Reactions: 30