Rosie Ramsey #4 baby's here, where's my wine, bring on the free stuff, it's #ad time

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People have been going on about her privilege which is why I said we all know that she has nice things, and it’s not relevant.

I think every mum has some form of mum guilt at the moment regardless of circumstance for all the normal things their kids are missing out on. I would’ve thought that was fairly obvious.

Sounds like you didn’t see the post yourself. The gist of what she said was “if you start a message with ‘I love you but...’ and then proceed with telling me you disagree with me then don’t bother.” She didn’t call anyone out. She also said “I’m an acquired taste”, it was actually quite a sensible response. We don’t know what was in the content of the message she was referring to, could’ve been horrible and unnecessary. A bit like a lot of the posts on this thread recently 🤷🏻‍♀️
No. Mum guilt is very different to the current situation. So not sure what you are saying is obvious.

No I didn’t see the post. From what was described earlier and you have described the same Then No I don’t think it was a sensible response.

Why even mention it On her platform.

Why didn’t she just message the sender. I think if the person really did say that she loved her then I don’t think the rest of the message would have been all that horrid. From what she said the person disagreed with her on something.

If you put yourself out there for all to see, then people will have opinions on the content.

If She wants to live in a rose tinted world then she needs to come of social media , like she promised and start her ‘mat leave ‘.

She does not have the direct message function on her stories as sounds like she cannot deal with direct messages and that shows perhaps IG is not the place for her.

Mrs Ramsey obviously changed her mind about the post or someone told her to delete it. If she was 💯 pc confident on what she said it would still be there for all to see.

She has a platform and she should use it wisely.

Reactions: 9
The "I will not follow the rules" post was aimed at the government potentially removing childcare bubbles and she said if they did that it was tough tit and she would still do it anyway.

The "i love you but" post was something totally different and was aimed at people who have a go at her about stuff despite saying they think she's great.

Somehow those posts seems to have been melded together on here.

Reactions: 11
I think it’s because she did the post about not following the rules, then the next morning she did the ‘I love you, but’ post so it’s a fair assumption to make that the ‘I love you, but’ post was someone calling her out for saying she wouldn’t follow the rules. I think what’s annoyed people is that Rosie can’t take any criticism and if it was someone calling her out for that then rightly so. She has a huge following and it’s completely irresponsible to say things like that when there are a lot of people who will think that’s ok and they won’t follow the rules either.

Reactions: 9
View attachment 388491
Is it just me or is it kinda irresponsible to show yourself drinking alcohol in bed with a baby? I’m no mumsnetter but this is a bit of a no no?
(Alcohol + implied cosleeping)

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I think it’s because she did the post about not following the rules, then the next morning she did the ‘I love you, but’ post so it’s a fair assumption to make that the ‘I love you, but’ post was someone calling her out for saying she wouldn’t follow the rules. I think what’s annoyed people is that Rosie can’t take any criticism and if it was someone calling her out for that then rightly so. She has a huge following and it’s completely irresponsible to say things like that when there are a lot of people who will think that’s ok and they won’t follow the rules either.

I think this might have been me. I sent her a message saying something like “I promise I don’t want to sound horrible, I think you’re great I have a lot of respect for you. I totally understand how you feel and even though you’re right, removing bubbles would be awful please consider keeping it to yourself saying things like I would break the rules. When you hear people say that it makes you feel - what’s the point. And there are people who could potentially follow the rules better. I don’t mean to sound horrible”

anyway she saw the message, no reply and blocked me. Fair enough, but I’m surprised she then went to the effort to post about it. For context I’m doctor (didn’t tell Rosie that, it shouldn’t make a difference) and I’m so aware how this feeling of “they’re breaking the rules so why not me” has a huge impact. When you’ve got a big following I think you have a responsibility to post carefully. There’s a way to say things and I’m not sure it was the best way to do it and I just thought I’m not doing my bit if I don’t bring her attention to that. That’s all. I wasn’t criticising her views, just asking her to consider sharing certain things more privately when there could be adverse consequences...

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I really dont like the wine posts. Its not right to need wine that much and rhr whole needing a glass ar the end of each day is not healtht however much you dress it up as funny.

Reactions: 12
Isn't she on the sofa?
Oh I thought it was the bed. Still promoting drinking alcohol while in charge of a tiny baby is not great idea on SM (not bashing mums having a cheeky glass of wine but she has quite a flippant attitude to alcohol for someone with a large following)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I think this might have been me. I sent her a message saying something like “I promise I don’t want to sound horrible, I think you’re great I have a lot of respect for you. I totally understand how you feel and even though you’re right, removing bubbles would be awful please consider keeping it to yourself saying things like I would break the rules. When you hear people say that it makes you feel - what’s the point. And there are people who could potentially follow the rules better. I don’t mean to sound horrible”

anyway she saw the message, no reply and blocked me. Fair enough, but I’m surprised she then went to the effort to post about it. For context I’m doctor (didn’t tell Rosie that, it shouldn’t make a difference) and I’m so aware how this feeling of “they’re breaking the rules so why not me” has a huge impact. When you’ve got a big following I think you have a responsibility to post carefully. There’s a way to say things and I’m not sure it was the best way to do it and I just thought I’m not doing my bit if I don’t bring her attention to that. That’s all. I wasn’t criticising her views, just asking her to consider sharing certain things more privately when there could be adverse consequences...
What a shame she threw her toys out of her pram. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me and definitely good advice. Influencers should recognise the position they have over their followers and treat it with the care it deserves, especially when it comes to rona.

Oh I thought it was the bed. Still promoting drinking alcohol while in charge of a tiny baby is not great idea on SM (not bashing mums having a cheeky glass of wine but she has quite a flippant attitude to alcohol for someone with a large following)
Ahhhh we see such a tiny part of her life. Chris/her mum could be just out of view, looking after the baby. I dunno. Think she’s been a ball bag for the last 9 months but picking apart her parenting with a microscope seems very mumsnetty to me.

Reactions: 22

This is exactly it , she does have a massive platform and is constantly sending out the wrong message, she clearly has no clue that there is such a thing as constructive criticism and if you put yourself out there you will get it , and should learn from it

Reactions: 4
What a shame she threw her toys out of her pram. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me and definitely good advice. Influencers should recognise the position they have over their followers and treat it with the care it deserves, especially when it comes to rona.

Ahhhh we see such a tiny part of her life. Chris/her mum could be just out of view, looking after the baby. I dunno. Think she’s been a ball bag for the last 9 months but picking apart her parenting with a microscope seems very mumsnetty to me.
I’m not picking apart her parenting, I’m picking apart how she chooses to represent herself on social media

Reactions: 8
I’m not picking apart her parenting, I’m picking apart how she chooses to represent herself on social media
Sorry I meant that’s what I was seeing generally on the thread, to be fair your comment wasn’t much of a reach. She can be flippant with alcohol (though I suppose most people are unless they’ve ever struggled with addiction)

Reactions: 2
She’s having a glass of wine 😂 calm down. There are three adults in the house
We don't even know if it IS wine. It could be coke, Ribena, anything like that! She is expressing so I expect she will be careful.

After I had my eldest daughter (now 23) I literally INHALED a pint of lager and it never touched the sides and she was about 10 days old but god it was GOOOOOOODDDD!! But I just had the one.

Give and take ladies, give and take! We aren't all perfect and this isn't Mumsnet. I can take or leave Rosie depending what she is up to, but she's been picked at all through her pregnancy, and now she been picked at since she came home.

Reactions: 31
We don't even know if it IS wine. It could be coke, Ribena, anything like that! She is expressing so I expect she will be careful.

After I had my eldest daughter (now 23) I literally INHALED a pint of lager and it never touched the sides and she was about 10 days old but god it was GOOOOOOODDDD!! But I just had the one.

Give and take ladies, give and take! We aren't all perfect and this isn't Mumsnet. I can take or leave Rosie depending what she is up to, but she's been picked at all through her pregnancy, and now she been picked at since she came home.
It was definitely wine, she used a wine emoji and the hashtag #winetime...

Not bothered about her having a glass of wine, it’s the constant mentioning of not being able to drink alcohol to get through the day that irks me, she’s not the only insta mummy that does it and it’s especially upsetting for people whose lives have been ruined by alcohol. But obviously that’s not her problem and she’d just tell us to get lost because she has very little empathy for people who don’t agree with her anyway.

Reactions: 6

Your message to her was well worded, polite and a very fair point. I think the fact she saw it and blocked you speaks volumes. We've all commented on her previously that she can't stand any form of criticism and this just proves it.

Reactions: 12
It was definitely wine, she used a wine emoji and the hashtag #winetime...

Not bothered about her having a glass of wine, it’s the constant mentioning of not being able to drink alcohol to get through the day that irks me, she’s not the only insta mummy that does it and it’s especially upsetting for people whose lives have been ruined by alcohol. But obviously that’s not her problem and she’d just tell us to get lost because she has very little empathy for people who don’t agree with her anyway.
The thing is though if she likes a glass of wine, she shouldn’t have to not mention it. If it triggers past the point of finding her mildly annoying it’s probably best to unfollow. I mean that in a kind way by the way. No influencer is worth getting upset about beyond mild annoyance

I’ve not seen her mention not getting through the day without a drink. She’s made it clear she likes a drink sometimes but there’s nothing wrong with that and I’m sure many people do.

Blocked you for that? Wow, thin skinned Rosie, knows she’s an acquired taste but can’t take any feedback

Reactions: 8
The thing is though if she likes a glass of wine, she shouldn’t have to not mention it. If it triggers past the point of finding her mildly annoying it’s probably best to unfollow. I mean that in a kind way by the way. No influencer is worth getting upset about beyond mild annoyance

I’ve not seen her mention not getting through the day without a drink. She’s made it clear she likes a drink sometimes but there’s nothing wrong with that and I’m sure many people do.
I can deal with it personally, but appreciate what you’re saying. She does mention alcohol way too much, hence why every thread title of hers includes wine in some way! She even mentioned it in the hospital wishing Sandra had bought her some wine. I don’t think she has a problem, I think she just thinks the whole #winetime is hilarious when for many people it’s anything but a joke.

Reactions: 5
My best male friend came to hospital to visit me when I had my first baby and his present to me was a bottle of vodka 🤣 what would mumsnet think of that. Didn't drink any till she was about 2 months cause I was too tired..

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.