Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kitt

VIP Member
Did they give you a reason for the spotting ? Hopefully it’s all gone now and you can enjoy your pregnancy with no worries x
No unfortunately they didn’t give me an explanation but they just said it might go away and not to worry unless it’s a lot of blood.

Now I’ve seen the heartbeat I feel I can relax a bit more.

Reactions: 9

Hbirdette

VIP Member
Hello 😊 Has anyone experienced annoying responses to people finding out your baby's sex? Im already a mum of one boy who's almost 9 and we had a surprise lockdown pregnancy after trying for 8 years! Anyway, I found out yesterday we are having another boy and honestly some of the replies I've had from close friends when I msged them to tell them, are making my blood boil. Replies such as. 'Ah never mind - it's ok to be disappointed etc' ... 'atleast its healthy'. one of my friends actually said 'atleast you've got poppy' (her little girl).

Of course it would have been just as lovely to have one of each and I know gender disappointment is a real thing but I am not disappointed and its annoyed me that people would assume I am upset to have another baby boy????

Am I just super hormonal or are these awful things to say? I'm happy I'm having a boy! My blood is boiling again as I write this honestly.

Any mums of multiple boys / girls had experiences like this??? X
Ergh don’t, we had a 3D scan and when my MIL saw it she said oh he’s got a big nose... wonder who that’s from? Honestly what a twat comment to make lol.
don’t let other people’s petty comments get to you babe, it’s soooo exciting that you’re having a little babe! Congratulations ☺

• Wow
  • Angry

elloelloello

VIP Member
It’s not looking good. The sac has got larger but nothing inside it, not even a yolk sac. I have to have a re scan next week but I think it’s over. I don’t even know what to say. X

• Sad
  • Heart

littlepup

VIP Member
Just been reading on another thread and the talk is pregnancy related. And it’s actually really scaring me! People talking about your uterus hanging out, wearing tena pants while smelling like a corpse! 🙈🙈I know they are talking about an influencer not being realistic about babies/ pregnancy/ birth- but it’s actually really upset and scared me. I know these sort of things happen but it’s making me so anxious. Like really badly this morning. Been crying to my other half about it because I feel like I won’t be able to do this whole birth thing! I was trying to be so positive about it, but as soon as I hear negative stories I completely feel washed over with anxiety and that down there will never be the same again and that I will be uncomfortable and pee myself for the rest of my life! It’s making me so panicked and I feel like I’m getting terrified of the birth!! Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I just being a wimp?😳😳Iv never been pregnant before and I just feel like I’m in another world at times. Any words of advice welcome xx
Have you looked into hypnobirthing? There're some free intro sessions online and youtube videos. I actually haven't gotten round to doing the whole thing myself but as I understand it, it's all about eliminating fear and anxiety around birth and teaching breathing and meditative methods to help the body overcome pain and give you confidence.
I've not heard a single negative thing about it from anyone I know who's done it. Some have gotten less from it than others, but all reports are positive.
I really need to get onto it come to think of it.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Tui

VIP Member
For those that are finding out the gender of your baby, are you telling people straight away or waiting for a while/keeping it a surprise until baby is born? We found out last week but haven't said anything, I'm quite enjoying hearing people's guesses and why at the moment 😂. I think we will eventually tell, but trying to think of a fun way to do it (not a typical balloon or cake thing)!
We told people, I’ve always found it annoying when people say they know the gender but act all coy about telling as generally I don’t care that much (sorry to be blunt!) and am more interested in the name which usually comes after birth!

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
Hi ladies, im so happy i found this thread. You all sound lovely. I found out im pregnant last weekend ans am currently 5 weeks. Called the antenatal team and was asked to leave a voicemail, then they will write to me within 2 weeks. Feels a bit lonely at the moment, although i know its very early days. I am trying to get better at eating little and often, but its not how i usually eat.
Im thinking of booking a private scan for either 7 or 8 weeks for peace of mind. 😊

• Heart

Days28

To everyone who replied to me yesterday re: dating scan, thanks for the advice - I rang the hospital first thing and they had booked it in the wrong month - should have been January not February, all sorted now xx

WhatABore

VIP Member
Hello 😊 Has anyone experienced annoying responses to people finding out your baby's sex? Im already a mum of one boy who's almost 9 and we had a surprise lockdown pregnancy after trying for 8 years! Anyway, I found out yesterday we are having another boy and honestly some of the replies I've had from close friends when I msged them to tell them, are making my blood boil. Replies such as. 'Ah never mind - it's ok to be disappointed etc' ... 'atleast its healthy'. one of my friends actually said 'atleast you've got poppy' (her little girl).

Of course it would have been just as lovely to have one of each and I know gender disappointment is a real thing but I am not disappointed and its annoyed me that people would assume I am upset to have another baby boy????

Am I just super hormonal or are these awful things to say? I'm happy I'm having a boy! My blood is boiling again as I write this honestly.

Any mums of multiple boys / girls had experiences like this??? X
People seem to think everyone wants 1 of each.
I have a boy and a girl already and when I told friends about this pregnancy, a few of their responses were "Why? You've already got one of each?"
Had several people say that!
Same as when I told them my second was a girl, they were all saying "Oh yay, one of each. At least you don't need to have any more"

• Heart

Stimpii

VIP Member
She’s a little on the small side so we probs have to stay in for 24 hours so they can monitor her blood sugar levels. Glad I didn’t take the induction last week now as she would have been even smaller.

Shows how out growth scans are!

• Heart

Tui

VIP Member
This message is lovely and has really helped me! 🥰🥰I cant thank you enough. I never thought of it like that before- a short lived pain. It’s really making me think of it in a different way.
it means such a lot that you have taken the time to put my mind at rest xxx
My pregnancy yoga teacher calls it “pain with purpose”

We have had the results back from cvs and baby is postive for Down syndrome. We are speaking to hospital tommorow to talk everything over xxx
Keep chatting with us if it helps xxx hope you get all your questions answered tomorrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Upintheair83

VIP Member
@Upintheair83 i think people tell the absolute worst of the worst stories. They almost want to out do each other in the bad births stakes. People who say “oh mine was fine” don’t say it much, and it’s easily overlooked (especially online) when others are writing huge scary rants.

But that said, I think being realistic is also important going in to labour. Knowing things can go wrong and being prepared to make changes to your birth plan as you progress, or throw it out altogether. And I think being realistic about the effects afterwards is important too. As someone else mentioned, very heavy bleeding is common. Mine lasts up to 8 weeks. But I’ve had 3 kids and never pissed myself yet, so I wouldn’t worry too much about that!

I think striking a balance between realism and sticking your head in the sand is important. If you start reading an awful birth story, just stop if you find it is making you anxious, and go and look at some facts about birth instead 👍🏻
Thank you so much, it means such a lot for people to give advice. As you say it’s fine being realistic and I think we store the bad stories in our head more than the good.
I will def try and not read horror stories online, I didn’t mean to this morning, it was a comment on a thread about an influencer but it really stopped me in my tracks and gave me major anxiety. I know it’s not all sweetness and light but sometimes people write these things and I feel like they don’t always realise what they are putting out there. I will def try and read more about hypnobirthing and mentally prepare myself as much as possible.

I also want to say that this thread is lovely, from the support for mums to be who are worried, for the support that people have given when people have lost babies along the way, to sharing the happy stories. It’s really been a lifeline for many of us, and to be able to share these fears, worries and excitement has meant a lot to me.

• Heart

l005

People seem to think everyone wants 1 of each.
I have a boy and a girl already and when I told friends about this pregnancy, a few of their responses were "Why? You've already got one of each?"
Had several people say that!
Same as when I told them my second was a girl, they were all saying "Oh yay, one of each. At least you don't need to have any more"
It's so silly the assumptions people make isnt it, and the unnecessary comments that come with it! All babies are little miracles, and of course having one of each is lovely too...Why should having one of each mean youd not need to have any more? It's just crazy...The things people say eh!

• Heart

littlepup

VIP Member
We have had the results back from cvs and baby is postive for Down syndrome. We are speaking to hospital tommorow to talk everything over xxx
I’m so sorry that you are going through this. I hope that you can gain some clarity from the hospital tomorrow.
I am unsure if there is a bias which might not be helpful at this stage, but charities such as the Down’s syndrome association can give information on non medical, practical issues such as the availability of financial support, education rights etc
I’m sure you know this already, but just in case with it all happening so quickly.
Lots of love to you x

Last edited:
  • Heart

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Got my positive pregnancy test this weekend just gone, so happy but also so nervous! This is our first baby, I came off the pill in September and I was fully prepared and expecting to be disappointed again this month so it was a shock, but a lovely one 🥰

Looking at my dates, I’m 5 weeks along. We’ve booked an early pregnancy/dating scan for a few weeks time, but I didn’t realise until after I booked it that it’s an internal scan (transvaginal I think it’s called?). Now I’m worrying because I thought it would be a standard ultrasound 😂 Has anyone else had one of these?

• Heart

littlepup

VIP Member
Just want to put this out there again for anyone suffering with sickness. Pregnacare vitamins are known to make a lot of women sick. You mistakenly put it down to morning sickness.
If you’re taking them and suffering, try a few days without and see if you improve.

Generic vit D and Folic acid can be taken separately.

• Heart

Stimpii

VIP Member
People are always too quick to tell you their horror stories. I’ll openly admit I’m the biggest wimp in the world. Having a blood test has me feeling like I’m gonna pass out. But I’ve had 2 babies with just paracetamol for relief. Our bodies are made to do this.

Even now for baby number 3 I’m nervous and scared about labour but the baby arriving safely is the only thing that matters. I’ve never had a proper definite birth plan. I’ve just made sure I know what could happen, and what some of the terms they use mean.

• Heart

Stimpii

VIP Member
Finally caught up. Hope everyone is doing well ☺ We seem to be in a good routine now. My older 2 boys are amazing with her. It’s so nice to see. Keep thinking even tho it’s hard with homeschooling they’re getting more time with her and we’re limiting the risk of bringing covid home. I’m sure once my partner is back at work it will be a diff story 😅

Would love to post a pic of her but don’t know if it’s allowed🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart