Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone, I’m back again, waiting for my doctor to call me re chemical pregnancy. I got told to take another test in meantime, this positive has just come up. It’s gotten darker since yesterday?
I can see the second line now! X

why don’t you get some digital ones or the first response ones?

Reactions: 1
Hi everyone, I’m back again, waiting for my doctor to call me re chemical pregnancy. I got told to take another test in meantime, this positive has just come up. It’s gotten darker since yesterday?
It could mean the pregnancy is continuing but it could also mean that the hormone is still in your system, as it can take a wee while for it to come down depending on how far the pregnancy got. Hopefully it’s the former though! How many days since your period is it?

Reactions: 2
How much weight should you worry about if you lose? Obviously I've been really sick and I know the weight loss is just a by product of that but I've lost over a stone now 😯 I'm just coming up to 14 weeks and hoping that it's all easing and I'll put it back on but I'm a bit paranoid. Called my midwife but no answer yet 🙄

How much weight should you worry about if you lose? Obviously I've been really sick and I know the weight loss is just a by product of that but I've lost over a stone now 😯 I'm just coming up to 14 weeks and hoping that it's all easing and I'll put it back on but I'm a bit paranoid. Called my midwife but no answer yet 🙄
I think it’s not unheard of to lose weight in first trimester especially if nauseous/vomiting. Worth discussing with midwife though to make them aware it is a problem

It could mean the pregnancy is continuing but it could also mean that the hormone is still in your system, as it can take a wee while for it to come down depending on how far the pregnancy got. Hopefully it’s the former though! How many days since your period is it?
I haven’t had a period since coming off my pill 8 weeks ago., I’m booked in for a scan tomorrow. I’ve just done this test.

Attachments

I haven’t had a period since coming off my pill 8 weeks ago., I’m booked in for a scan tomorrow. I’ve just done this test.
Well that’s certainly a positive test! A scan will be helpful as impossible to work out gestational age from your dates with pill etc. Fingers crossed it goes well for you xx

I wouldn't say that's a positive test. I genuinely don't want to sound cold hearted I'm just saying it so not to get your hopes up. In all the lines you've put up so far are faint to the point of negative. The tests would have had much more prominent lines than those. And i really hope im wrong too and you get the result you want. I straight away said that's a negative.

Reactions: 3
I wouldn't say that's a positive test. I genuinely don't want to sound cold hearted I'm just saying it so not to get your hopes up. In all the lines you've put up so far are faint to the point of negative. The tests would have had much more prominent lines than those. And i really hope im wrong too and you get the result you want. I straight away said that's a negative.
See I think it’s positive esp as look similar to the FRERs and internet cheapies i was doing at 3-4 weeks. It’s difficult as don’t know last period etc to compare. Ultimately pregnancy tests aren’t a helpful way of determining what the problem is right now and tbh I don’t think the GP surgery should have advised to take another test so soon - maybe in 3-4 days but not the next day as HcG will be circulating still whether this is a very early loss or whether the pregnancy is continuing. Hopefully the scan gives some definitive answers XX

Reactions: 3
You may be right, however the strength of the line is just dependent on how pregnant you are, a line at all means a pregnancy occurred. No matter how faint. all my tests were like this early on, Then they got progressively darker. Regardless of the outcome for this lady (🤞🤞🤞 everything is fine) this test is a positive test that’s for sure.

Reactions: 5
See I think it’s positive esp as look similar to the FRERs and internet cheapies i was doing at 3-4 weeks. It’s difficult as don’t know last period etc to compare. Ultimately pregnancy tests aren’t a helpful way of determining what the problem is right now and tbh I don’t think the GP surgery should have advised to take another test so soon - maybe in 3-4 days but not the next day as HcG will be circulating still whether this is a very early loss or whether the pregnancy is continuing. Hopefully the scan gives some definitive answers XX
I’m almost certain this is a positive test. All of these were like this with my son. Hopefully tomorrow will give me clearer picture.

You may be right, however the strength of the line is just dependent on how pregnant you are, a line at all means a pregnancy occurred. No matter how faint. all my tests were like this early on, Then they got progressively darker. Regardless of the outcome for this lady (🤞🤞🤞 everything is fine) this test is a positive test that’s for sure.
Thank you❤ xx

Thank you ❤Xxx

I’m almost certain this is a positive test. All of these were like this with my son. Hopefully tomorrow will give me clearer picture.
Oh sorry i thought this was your first pregnancy. Oh well if you've had these kind of test results before that's great. I really hope it's good news!

Thank you ❤Xx
Fingers crossed for you.
Is the bleeding heavy?
If you are a bit further along though and it is actually a miscarriage, (fingers crossed it isn't)
It can stay positive for weeks and weeks.
Some of my tests 2 weeks after my miscarriage were darker than a few days after the miscarriage.
Sorry, not to put a downer on it!
I have all my fingers crossed for you ❤

Fingers crossed for you.
Is the bleeding heavy?
If you are a bit further along though and it is actually a miscarriage, (fingers crossed it isn't)
It can stay positive for weeks and weeks.
Some of my tests 2 weeks after my miscarriage were darker than a few days after the miscarriage.
Sorry, not to put a downer on it!
I have all my fingers crossed for you ❤
Yeah I know, deep down I do think unfortunately a miscarriage is happening 😢 the bleeding was like a period from Saturday stopped and started again on Sunday. It’s calmed down now and I’m just spotting.
I will give an update tomorrow when I know more. I think I’m around 5 weeks, again can’t be sure as I haven’t had a proper period since coming off the pill xxx

• Heart
@Mel17 I dunno what is happening for you, lovely, but just to say I hope those lines keep getting stronger and all turns out ok x

Reactions: 4
When did you all go look at and buy prams?
I feel like I'm being a bit premature at 14wks but I'm also too excited 😂

When did you all go look at and buy prams?
I feel like I'm being a bit premature at 14wks but I'm also too excited 😂
I had a look from early on just to get an idea but won't be actually buying it so it comes when I'm around 36/37 weeks

To everyone who replied to me yesterday re: dating scan, thanks for the advice - I rang the hospital first thing and they had booked it in the wrong month - should have been January not February, all sorted now xx

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.