Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep.
I can cope with him not being there even, it’s for him I’m gutted. For the experience he and we’d miss, their bonding etc. He wouldn’t even be able to see until after the 10 days technically.

I’m just sad and angry. Covid has fucked this pregnancy from start to finish. the lack of maternity service, not seeing anyone so friends not having that bond, nor even having the excitement of friends or strangers or going shopping for baby.
I know we’re all in the same boat though.

I’m waited/been made to wait until I’m 38 years old. Of all the times it could have happened and I’ve managed to be due in the predicted 2 week peak of a pandemic, worst time for the NHS - I’m just 🤯🤯🤯
Aww I'm sorry.
Fingers crossed because it's your first, you'll go over anyway! And then fingers crossed, he should be able to attend! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
We came home late last night. Her blood sugar levels were all fine and she was feeding well enough to discharge us 🎉 Think midwife is coming tomorrow so fingers crossed she hasn’t lost too much weight.
Aww that’s wonderful! Enjoy the newborn baby bubble days!

Reactions: 3
I’ve already had a private scan to confirm I was pregnant, I was just going to book another until someone said it’s unhealthy to be scanned too often, now I feel 🤯
I should be scanned every 2 weeks from 18 weeks - 24 (I was with my first baby) as I have an incompetent cervix - surely they wouldn’t do that if there was a danger to the foetus? 2 days stewing and my head is now a mess, any advice appreciate xx
Please don’t worry about scans. They’re perfectly safe. I had close to probably 20 scans with this pregnancy. They’re there to help you/the doctors.

Reactions: 4
Well, we talked this up. Partner has just been advised he has to isolate, work-mate has tested positive 😢😢
I don’t even want to think about it him having it, or subsequently me.
He can’t come to the ECV tomorrow.
I’ll be 38+4 by the time he’s allowed out of isolation supposing no other work mates develop symptoms.
Mum was in the supermarket yesterday, I just hope to God she doesn’t get a notification too.
Let’s just hope she doesn’t come any time soon!

@Days28 it’s a load of bollocks that scans cause any harm. They don’t. Whoever told you that should be ashamed giving false medical advise to a pregnant woman.
have you been booked in? Phone your midwife and ask why it’s so late. Assuming you want health screening they should reschedule for earlier
Has your partner decided to isolate to be on the safe side or has he been told he has to? Official guidelines say he doesn’t actually need to unless he has symptoms or has been contacted by test and trace x

Has your partner decided to isolate to be on the safe side or has he been told he has to? Official guidelines say he doesn’t actually need to unless he has symptoms or has been contacted by test and trace x
If someone they’ve been in close contact with has tested positive (within 1m for >15 mins) then it’s common sense to self isolate until test and trace contact you as that alone can take a day or so. If you’re able to do that obviously

@Mel17 Would you not get a digital test, that way it's either positive or negative, instead of faint lines open to misinterpretation?

@Mel17 Would you not get a digital test, that way it's either positive or negative, instead of faint lines open to misinterpretation?
Digitals aren’t always as sensitive especially early on. But if she waits a few days digital is a good choice

If someone they’ve been in close contact with has tested positive (within 1m for >15 mins) then it’s common sense to self isolate until test and trace contact you as that alone can take a day or so. If you’re able to do that obviously
I’ve now discovered they haven’t been using track and trace. But OH worked with him all day Thursday and the positive test was taken Friday lunchtime. His work has told him to stay home and we have decided he should stay away from me. We have a completely self contained area so it seems sensible he use it.

The ECV, it’s at the birthing uni, you just couldn’t put people at risk. I believe they ask if you’ve been in contact with anyone positive and wouldn’t let him in anyway.

I’ve now discovered they haven’t been using track and trace. But OH worked with him all day Thursday and the positive test was taken Friday lunchtime. His work has told him to stay home and we have decided he should stay away from me. We have a completely self contained area so it seems sensible he use it.

The ECV, it’s at the birthing uni, you just couldn’t put people at risk. I believe they ask if you’ve been in contact with anyone positive and wouldn’t let him in anyway.
If there’s been a positive test then that will be passed to track and trace regardless I’d have thought? Don’t need the app

If there’s been a positive test then that will be passed to track and trace regardless I’d have thought? Don’t need the app
But the track and trace wouldn’t be able to alert or know who was in contact with the positive person?
Either way, I’m beyond furious with his work. They knew his co-worker was getting tested Friday and didn’t bother to say anything.

But the track and trace wouldn’t be able to alert or know who was in contact with the positive person?
Either way, I’m beyond furious with his work. They knew his co-worker was getting tested Friday and didn’t bother to say anything.
When his colleague had his test he would have Given his contact details and they call him within a day or so to get his contacts (my husband had to do this and they called me as one of his contacts lol). Unless you mean the colleague didn’t comply with this when you say they aren’t using track and trace?

Oh I see. I didn’t realise they did that.
And no, I just meant they didn’t use the app which seems stupid as they are going into people’s houses and they were all under strict instructions about what they were to do if they came into contact with any risk outside work.

Anyway, sorry to hijack. Stay safe everyone x

When his colleague had his test he would have Given his contact details and they call him within a day or so to get his contacts (my husband had to do this and they called me as one of his contacts lol). Unless you mean the colleague didn’t comply with this when you say they aren’t using track and trace?

Please don’t worry about scans. They’re perfectly safe. I had close to probably 20 scans with this pregnancy. They’re there to help you/the doctors.
Thankyou ❤I’ve got myself in a right tizz about it all x

Honestly Google will tell you anything is unsafe, even breathing. The people who say scans are unsafe are probably the ones who are against all vaccinations as well 🙄

Thankyou ❤I’ve got myself in a right tizz about it all x

There's not enough evidence to suggest scans are harmful. However there is evidence to suggest for some women regular scans can reduce the risk of premature birth and stillbirth. If you've been told you need to have regular scans it's because they have a concern. I wouldn't stress about it.

@Kitt hey how are you feeling I cannot stop eating felt really sick yesterday when I went food shopping and then it’s gone now other than that I feel completely normal xx

Digitals aren’t always as sensitive especially early on. But if she waits a few days digital is a good choice
Hi everyone, I have tested again today and unfortunately no line. So looks like it’s been a chemical pregnancy. Hopefully I have better luck next cycle. Thanks everyone for all the support and advice. Goodluck with all of your pregnancies ❤Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@Kitt hey how are you feeling I cannot stop eating felt really sick yesterday when I went food shopping and then it’s gone now other than that I feel completely normal xx
Hey I’m ok, I’m still feeling sick all day every day but I’m getting better at managing it. Feeling really really tired these last few days. Got a week off work and I’m so glad for the rest. 7 weeks today :) feels like a long way to go doesn’t it

Reactions: 2
Just want to put this out there again for anyone suffering with sickness. Pregnacare vitamins are known to make a lot of women sick. You mistakenly put it down to morning sickness.
If you’re taking them and suffering, try a few days without and see if you improve.

Generic vit D and Folic acid can be taken separately.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just want to put this out there again for anyone suffering with sickness. Pregnacare vitamins are known to make a lot of women sick. You mistakenly put it down to morning sickness.
If you’re taking them and suffering, try a few days without and see if you improve.

Generic vit D and Folic acid can be taken separately.
Iv actually heard this too about the pregnacare vitamins, I take those healthy start ones provided by the nhs, still had pretty bad morning sickness in the beginning though 😅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.