Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Hbirdette I'm 24 weeks on Tuesday! My next scan is 12th April. It just seems so close to my DD and i was 2 weeks early with my first! My First pregnancy, apart from spd, was so easy. This time I'm a panicking mess 😑

Reactions: 2
@Hbirdette I'm 24 weeks on Tuesday! My next scan is 12th April. It just seems so close to my DD and i was 2 weeks early with my first! My First pregnancy, apart from spd, was so easy. This time I'm a panicking mess 😑
Aww bless you, I’ve got nothing to go by as this is my first baby. My scan is the 10th March I believe 🤔 I struggled with PGP a lot, it seems to be easing a little bit now! Occasionally it comes back and surprises me though!

Reactions: 1
Aww bless you, I’ve got nothing to go by as this is my first baby. My scan is the 10th March I believe 🤔 I struggled with PGP a lot, it seems to be easing a little bit now! Occasionally it comes back and surprises me though!
It is a bugger! I couldn't walk yesterday but today I seem to be better. Baby must be on a nerve or something! Not too long to wait for your scan but long enough! I got a heat pad from amazon for pain and its been really good. I hope your scan goes well and your placenta has moved up!

• Heart
Just been reading on another thread and the talk is pregnancy related. And it’s actually really scaring me! People talking about your uterus hanging out, wearing tena pants while smelling like a corpse! 🙈🙈I know they are talking about an influencer not being realistic about babies/ pregnancy/ birth- but it’s actually really upset and scared me. I know these sort of things happen but it’s making me so anxious. Like really badly this morning. Been crying to my other half about it because I feel like I won’t be able to do this whole birth thing! I was trying to be so positive about it, but as soon as I hear negative stories I completely feel washed over with anxiety and that down there will never be the same again and that I will be uncomfortable and pee myself for the rest of my life! It’s making me so panicked and I feel like I’m getting terrified of the birth!! Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I just being a wimp?😳😳Iv never been pregnant before and I just feel like I’m in another world at times. Any words of advice welcome xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Just been reading on another thread and the talk is pregnancy related. And it’s actually really scaring me! People talking about your uterus hanging out, wearing tena pants while smelling like a corpse! 🙈🙈I know they are talking about an influencer not being realistic about babies/ pregnancy/ birth- but it’s actually really upset and scared me. I know these sort of things happen but it’s making me so anxious. Like really badly this morning. Been crying to my other half about it because I feel like I won’t be able to do this whole birth thing! I was trying to be so positive about it, but as soon as I hear negative stories I completely feel washed over with anxiety and that down there will never be the same again and that I will be uncomfortable and pee myself for the rest of my life! It’s making me so panicked and I feel like I’m getting terrified of the birth!! Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I just being a wimp?😳😳Iv never been pregnant before and I just feel like I’m in another world at times. Any words of advice welcome xx
I’m nervous - I’m a doctor so well used to blood, gore and hospitals but it’s different when it’s yourself!! I think the important thing to remember is that yes it is hard and probably the most significant experience of many women’s adult lives, and there may be traumatic events, if it was so terrible everyone would stop at one child or have no kids at all! Your beautiful baby will make it all worthwhile (that’s what I tell myself when I’m thinking of having to change a maternity pad every 1-2 hours and buying all black nighties in case I bleed through them 😆)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
When I had my first I just kept telling myself people do this in other countries in their homes, with no medical staff around. What queen's they are! And that really helped me evaluate what was going on. I felt also all you ever hear is bad pregnancy and labour stories when actually it can be really lovely.
I was very lucky. I went into labour at 5am, got to hospital at 9 and I was 5cm. Straight in the pool. He was born at 13.01 that afternoon.
I know all labour's aren't going to play out like mine and I was very lucky but imo all you ever hear are the awful labour's. I also didn't tell many people because I felt embarrassed I had a "nice" time. I didn't want to piss anyone off with my experience.
I don't even know if this makes any sense but just wanted to put my experience out there to try and help 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m nervous - I’m a doctor so well used to blood, gore and hospitals but it’s different when it’s yourself!! I think the important thing to remember is that yes it is hard and probably the most significant experience of many women’s adult lives, and there may be traumatic events, if it was so terrible everyone would stop at one child or have no kids at all! Your beautiful baby will make it all worthwhile (that’s what I tell myself when I’m thinking of having to change a maternity pad every 1-2 hours and buying all black nighties in case I bleed through them 😆)
Thanks so much, that really does help. just to know someone else is scared too- and the fact you are a doctor and used to things like that makes me feel better. Some people paint a horrific picture and this morning Iv just had a complete meltdown. I’m quite realistic about things that could happen but it doesn’t stop it being less scary. As you say if it was that bad, people wouldn’t keep doing it over and over again and I suppose your body is very capable of healing and is made with birth in mind. But sometimes these waves of panic wash over me and I feel like I won’t be able to do it.
iv been watching a lot of positive birth stories and channels on you tube but a few comments caught me out this morning on another thread on here! I’m just glad Iv got this pregnancy thread to keep checking in on 🥰🥰 x

When I had my first I just kept telling myself people do this in other countries in their homes, with no medical staff around. What queen's they are! And that really helped me evaluate what was going on. I felt also all you ever hear is bad pregnancy and labour stories when actually it can be really lovely.
I was very lucky. I went into labour at 5am, got to hospital at 9 and I was 5cm. Straight in the pool. He was born at 13.01 that afternoon.
I know all labour's aren't going to play out like mine and I was very lucky but imo all you ever hear are the awful labour's. I also didn't tell many people because I felt embarrassed I had a "nice" time. I didn't want to piss anyone off with my experience.
I don't even know if this makes any sense but just wanted to put my experience out there to try and help 🙃
You have helped a lot! Thanks so much, I think maybe it’s human nature for people to paint a bad picture isn’t it? But for whatever reason it’s caused a major panic in me this morning! So I just needed some reassurance from this thread.
I hope my birth will go like yours! 💛💛🥰🥰xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
@Upintheair83 also what really helped me was I had a nice little playlist to have on while in labour. It was so nice going through songs of an evening putting together something I knew I'd be listening too. Not that I heard much while in labour 🤣
You're right it is human nature and I'm not doubting some people have a bloody awful time but listen to your body. Let it take over when the time comes, as it knows what to do ❤ the bleeding after was like a bad period. Puppy pads on sofas and in the bed and big pads for knickers 👌🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Have you looked into hypnobirthing? There're some free intro sessions online and youtube videos. I actually haven't gotten round to doing the whole thing myself but as I understand it, it's all about eliminating fear and anxiety around birth and teaching breathing and meditative methods to help the body overcome pain and give you confidence.
I've not heard a single negative thing about it from anyone I know who's done it. Some have gotten less from it than others, but all reports are positive.
I really need to get onto it come to think of it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Have you looked into hypnobirthing? There're some free intro sessions online and youtube videos. I actually haven't gotten round to doing the whole thing myself but as I understand it, it's all about eliminating fear and anxiety around birth and teaching breathing and meditative methods to help the body overcome pain and give you confidence.
I've not heard a single negative thing about it from anyone I know who's done it. Some have gotten less from it than others, but all reports are positive.
I really need to get onto it come to think of it.
Yes Iv been looking at some of videos of hypnobirthing yesterday actually and I think it’s the route I will go down. It seems to help a lot with calming your mind and I think that’s what I need. One lady said she was terrified of tearing and hypnobirthing really helped her. I think for me it’s not so much the birth, but the after math of it. The state I will be in afterwards. Does that sounds weird? I’m worried about the inevitable tearing and now I read on that thread about your uterus hanging out- I’m every more terrified! 😳😳
Iv seen a lot of women on here, have or are going to do the massage in the weeks leading up to the birth and I think I will do that too when the time comes. Just so I feel fully prepared. does anyone know of any good books on hypnobirthing? Xx

@Upintheair83 also what really helped me was I had a nice little playlist to have on while in labour. It was so nice going through songs of an evening putting together something I knew I'd be listening too. Not that I heard much while in labour 🤣
You're right it is human nature and I'm not doubting some people have a bloody awful time but listen to your body. Let it take over when the time comes, as it knows what to do ❤ the bleeding after was like a bad period. Puppy pads on sofas and in the bed and big pads for knickers 👌🏼
Thanks so much and thank for being honest about the bleeding, I will make sure I get lots of pads!!!! I will def try the music as music does calm me xx

Thanks so much, that really does help. just to know someone else is scared too- and the fact you are a doctor and used to things like that makes me feel better. Some people paint a horrific picture and this morning Iv just had a complete meltdown. I’m quite realistic about things that could happen but it doesn’t stop it being less scary. As you say if it was that bad, people wouldn’t keep doing it over and over again and I suppose your body is very capable of healing and is made with birth in mind. But sometimes these waves of panic wash over me and I feel like I won’t be able to do it.
iv been watching a lot of positive birth stories and channels on you tube but a few comments caught me out this morning on another thread on here! I’m just glad Iv got this pregnancy thread to keep checking in on 🥰🥰 x

You have helped a lot! Thanks so much, I think maybe it’s human nature for people to paint a bad picture isn’t it? But for whatever reason it’s caused a major panic in me this morning! So I just needed some reassurance from this thread.
I hope my birth will go like yours! 💛💛🥰🥰xx
I'm on my 3rd and I'm still panicking 😂
I think it's just a natural thing because you're going into the unknown!
You're certainly not alone ❤

• Heart
@Upintheair83 i think people tell the absolute worst of the worst stories. They almost want to out do each other in the bad births stakes. People who say “oh mine was fine” don’t say it much, and it’s easily overlooked (especially online) when others are writing huge scary rants.

But that said, I think being realistic is also important going in to labour. Knowing things can go wrong and being prepared to make changes to your birth plan as you progress, or throw it out altogether. And I think being realistic about the effects afterwards is important too. As someone else mentioned, very heavy bleeding is common. Mine lasts up to 8 weeks. But I’ve had 3 kids and never pissed myself yet, so I wouldn’t worry too much about that!

I think striking a balance between realism and sticking your head in the sand is important. If you start reading an awful birth story, just stop if you find it is making you anxious, and go and look at some facts about birth instead 👍🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@Upintheair83 i think people tell the absolute worst of the worst stories. They almost want to out do each other in the bad births stakes. People who say “oh mine was fine” don’t say it much, and it’s easily overlooked (especially online) when others are writing huge scary rants.

But that said, I think being realistic is also important going in to labour. Knowing things can go wrong and being prepared to make changes to your birth plan as you progress, or throw it out altogether. And I think being realistic about the effects afterwards is important too. As someone else mentioned, very heavy bleeding is common. Mine lasts up to 8 weeks. But I’ve had 3 kids and never pissed myself yet, so I wouldn’t worry too much about that!

I think striking a balance between realism and sticking your head in the sand is important. If you start reading an awful birth story, just stop if you find it is making you anxious, and go and look at some facts about birth instead 👍🏻
Thank you so much, it means such a lot for people to give advice. As you say it’s fine being realistic and I think we store the bad stories in our head more than the good.
I will def try and not read horror stories online, I didn’t mean to this morning, it was a comment on a thread about an influencer but it really stopped me in my tracks and gave me major anxiety. I know it’s not all sweetness and light but sometimes people write these things and I feel like they don’t always realise what they are putting out there. I will def try and read more about hypnobirthing and mentally prepare myself as much as possible.

I also want to say that this thread is lovely, from the support for mums to be who are worried, for the support that people have given when people have lost babies along the way, to sharing the happy stories. It’s really been a lifeline for many of us, and to be able to share these fears, worries and excitement has meant a lot to me.

• Heart
People are always too quick to tell you their horror stories. I’ll openly admit I’m the biggest wimp in the world. Having a blood test has me feeling like I’m gonna pass out. But I’ve had 2 babies with just paracetamol for relief. Our bodies are made to do this.

Even now for baby number 3 I’m nervous and scared about labour but the baby arriving safely is the only thing that matters. I’ve never had a proper definite birth plan. I’ve just made sure I know what could happen, and what some of the terms they use mean.

• Heart
Thank you so much, it means such a lot for people to give advice. As you say it’s fine being realistic and I think we store the bad stories in our head more than the good.
I will def try and not read horror stories online, I didn’t mean to this morning, it was a comment on a thread about an influencer but it really stopped me in my tracks and gave me major anxiety. I know it’s not all sweetness and light but sometimes people write these things and I feel like they don’t always realise what they are putting out there. I will def try and read more about hypnobirthing and mentally prepare myself as much as possible.

I also want to say that this thread is lovely, from the support for mums to be who are worried, for the support that people have given when people have lost babies along the way, to sharing the happy stories. It’s really been a lifeline for many of us, and to be able to share these fears, worries and excitement has meant a lot to me.
I think as well, if you read something negative, your brain automatically thinks oh god, that's going to happen to me. When in actual fact, that 1 thing that happened to them, probably only happens to 1 in a million births.

• Heart
People just like to be dramatic especially when they know you’re a first time mum. I had a traumatic first birth, but it didn’t stop me going on to have another child and wanting more. While it can be hard and circumstances for everyone are different, it is a pain that many forget. In hindsight, I wish more women talked less about the gore and complications during labour (that not everyone will experience btw) and more about how to cope in those first weeks post-birth. I felt like I was way out of my depth and hormones had a lot to answer for.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.