Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tui

VIP Member
I’m eating far too many Gold bars at the moment. Yesterday I had 4 🙈
On the bright side only 3 days til I start my annual leave then it will be mat leave after that wooooo

Reactions: 8

LittleMy

VIP Member
People just like to be dramatic especially when they know you’re a first time mum. I had a traumatic first birth, but it didn’t stop me going on to have another child and wanting more. While it can be hard and circumstances for everyone are different, it is a pain that many forget. In hindsight, I wish more women talked less about the gore and complications during labour (that not everyone will experience btw) and more about how to cope in those first weeks post-birth. I felt like I was way out of my depth and hormones had a lot to answer for.

• Heart

Squiggle

VIP Member
When I had my first I just kept telling myself people do this in other countries in their homes, with no medical staff around. What queen's they are! And that really helped me evaluate what was going on. I felt also all you ever hear is bad pregnancy and labour stories when actually it can be really lovely.
I was very lucky. I went into labour at 5am, got to hospital at 9 and I was 5cm. Straight in the pool. He was born at 13.01 that afternoon.
I know all labour's aren't going to play out like mine and I was very lucky but imo all you ever hear are the awful labour's. I also didn't tell many people because I felt embarrassed I had a "nice" time. I didn't want to piss anyone off with my experience.
I don't even know if this makes any sense but just wanted to put my experience out there to try and help 🙃

• Heart

Stimpii

VIP Member
I’m going in for my induction later on today. Any chance you can go into labour from the fear of the unknown 😬🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
It’s not looking good. The sac has got larger but nothing inside it, not even a yolk sac. I have to have a re scan next week but I think it’s over. I don’t even know what to say. X
This happened to my friend....empty sac is now 2 years old. Hopefully it's a good outcome for you at next scan x

• Heart

Stimpii

VIP Member
🥰🥰🥰 what a little pet! How are you both getting on? Any word of getting home today?
We came home late last night. Her blood sugar levels were all fine and she was feeding well enough to discharge us 🎉 Think midwife is coming tomorrow so fingers crossed she hasn’t lost too much weight.

• Heart

Whaaaaat

Hello 😊 Has anyone experienced annoying responses to people finding out your baby's sex? Im already a mum of one boy who's almost 9 and we had a surprise lockdown pregnancy after trying for 8 years! Anyway, I found out yesterday we are having another boy and honestly some of the replies I've had from close friends when I msged them to tell them, are making my blood boil. Replies such as. 'Ah never mind - it's ok to be disappointed etc' ... 'atleast its healthy'. one of my friends actually said 'atleast you've got poppy' (her little girl).

Of course it would have been just as lovely to have one of each and I know gender disappointment is a real thing but I am not disappointed and its annoyed me that people would assume I am upset to have another baby boy????

Am I just super hormonal or are these awful things to say? I'm happy I'm having a boy! My blood is boiling again as I write this honestly.

Any mums of multiple boys / girls had experiences like this??? X
I hate that! I’m a boy mumma and people always assume I want a girl. I don’t. I love my boy. I’d be happy more than happy to have another boy, id probably be a bit disappointed the other way!

• Heart

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
Finally a midwife rang me!! Aparently I have a call for an hour on Sunday evening is this what you all had during covid? X

Kitt

VIP Member
My husbands new thing is that he wants a double carrier. He wants to be THAT GUY. One on the front, one on the back.

• Haha
  • Heart

Upintheair83

VIP Member
I remember how terrified I was before my first and like you everyone told me all the things that could go wrong and about all their horrific births. I hate to hear of anyone feeling that way when it’s not the case the vast majority of the time. I wish someone had told me it’s not all doom and gloom, So glad I have helped ease your anxiety a bit. It will be hard it will be painful. But it will end and you will
Have a beautiful little baby at the end of it. Good luck with everything xx
Thank you, such lovely words- so comforting yet honest. It’s what I needed to hear. I feel like when you get pregnant everyone has an opinion. And a lot have negative undertones to it too, which I don’t understand. For eg, a friend today was like ‘enjoy taking a poo in peace’ and ‘good luck with the heartburn’ I mean why so negative? If it’s that bad why do women have babies? It’s like some people try and outdo others with their birth horror stories and make being a parent out to be a bad thing- and quite honestly as a first time pregnancy all these things people say I find really hard to navigate ! And so to hear someone being honest yet positive means such a lot to me.
I really do love this thread because everyone is supportive and helpful. It certainty makes a change from all the bad or negative things that people say.
Thank you so very much xx

elloelloello

VIP Member
I have my scan tomorrow morning and I feel sick with anxiety. Last week it was too early and only saw a tiny sac so hoping I see a tiny baby and even better a heart beat.. been in tears all day I’m an emotional wreck 😭 I’m sure it will all be fine but I’m just so nervous!

• Heart

Stimpii

VIP Member
Hello 😊 Has anyone experienced annoying responses to people finding out your baby's sex? Im already a mum of one boy who's almost 9 and we had a surprise lockdown pregnancy after trying for 8 years! Anyway, I found out yesterday we are having another boy and honestly some of the replies I've had from close friends when I msged them to tell them, are making my blood boil. Replies such as. 'Ah never mind - it's ok to be disappointed etc' ... 'atleast its healthy'. one of my friends actually said 'atleast you've got poppy' (her little girl).

Of course it would have been just as lovely to have one of each and I know gender disappointment is a real thing but I am not disappointed and its annoyed me that people would assume I am upset to have another baby boy????

Am I just super hormonal or are these awful things to say? I'm happy I'm having a boy! My blood is boiling again as I write this honestly.

Any mums of multiple boys / girls had experiences like this??? X
We have 2 boys and had loads of ‘aww that’s a shame’ when we found out number 2 was a boy. I actually wanted 2 boys so was made up. I just tried to ignore it.

Then all we used to get asked was ‘when are you having a girl’ 🙄 I’d respond with never as we were done with 2. Now we are having a girl (lockdown accident) 😅🙈 but people assume we tried for a girl.

CrimeJunkie

They ask you about 5 million questions at booking appointments some are quite personal 😂 I remember some of them being have you ever had sex for money, have you ever taken drugs, have you ever been abused by your partner, loads of mental health questions ... suppose they need to know! 🙈
I was asked if me and my partner are blood related, wanted to say yes just to hear her reaction 😂

• Haha

Tui

VIP Member
Haha I’m intending to breastfeed which will give me plenty of time on the sofa and means I can guilt my husband into taking care of the dirty nappies when he is around 😂

swimming

VIP Member
Someone asked me if I had an affair !!! 😡
My husband had cancer and treatment left him infertile so we had fertility treatment using a donor. And yep, some prick actually thought it was kind to ask if I had an affair cos “ *husbands name* fires blanks”
People are total dicks and it amazes me! There seems to be no filter when people think they can talk to a pregnant woman.

• Wow

l005

Ergh don’t, we had a 3D scan and when my MIL saw it she said oh he’s got a big nose... wonder who that’s from? Honestly what a twat comment to make lol.
don’t let other people’s petty comments get to you babe, it’s soooo exciting that you’re having a little babe! Congratulations ☺
Omg how rude is that! What is wrong with people...! Thank you and you too!! Xx

• Heart

WhatABore

VIP Member
How odd I have also been told about breast feeding but it isn’t something I have ever wanted to do either! X

also people say some very insensitive things I think it’s lack of intelligence that is an awful thing to say but experience tells me they are morons. Good for you for blocking them. I have had people say things to me like im not a real parent because I’m a step parent and judge me then people say when are you having children, even though I have mentioned my struggles before. People are very unkind sometimes ☹ some of these people purposely say these things to hurt me and I pity themas I would never say these things.
Some people just don't think at all!
My own Mum, at a family party, a month after my miscarriage, turned around infront of everyone and asked when I'm making her a grandmother because she's bored of waiting.

• Wow