Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched very first episodes one born every minute the other day. The dad was such an unbelievable prick. Playing ‘jokes’ like trying to lock his labouring wife in the bathroom for a laugh. Absolute wanker. Couldn’t stick it after that. Made me realise (hopefully) that people ham it up for the camera, I don’t remember thinking that on the past. I know I’ve watched a few with sad outcomes too. Also made me feel really upset the freedom and amount of people they were allowed in, pre-Covid that we’ll not have.

Cravings - I haven’t and won’t but I could quite happily eat washing powder or chew pieces of clean fabric. I can’t stop breathing in fresh towels though. The urge is mental. Apparently it’s not uncommon according to google but I really hope that goes away as soon as baby arrives!!! Anyone else have anything weird??
I knew someone who pulled chunks of plaster from the wall and ate them in pregnancy. It went away when the baby was born!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I can’t say I’ve had any weird cravings, although I do eat pickled onions straight out the jar about 3 times a day 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
I watched very first episodes one born every minute the other day. The dad was such an unbelievable prick. Playing ‘jokes’ like trying to lock his labouring wife in the bathroom for a laugh. Absolute wanker. Couldn’t stick it after that. Made me realise (hopefully) that people ham it up for the camera, I don’t remember thinking that in the past. I know I’ve watched a few with sad outcomes too. Also made me feel really upset the freedom and amount of people they were allowed in, pre-Covid, that we’ll not have.

Cravings - I haven’t and won’t but I could quite happily eat washing powder or chew pieces of clean fabric. I can’t stop breathing in fresh towels though. The urge is mental. Apparently it’s not uncommon according to google but I really hope that goes away as soon as baby arrives!!! Anyone else crave anything weird??

It can be common in pregnancy but I think it's linked to being deficient in some nutrients and iron?
I think I remember reading!

Reactions: 2
Anyone got any previous experience of having sugar in their urine? Had my 28wk midwife appt today and she said there was a bit of sugar in my urine which can be an indicator of gestational diabetes... she’s getting me to go back next week to redo but I can’t stop thinking about it now even though she told me not to worry 🙃
My fundal height is measuring on the 50th centile today and at 24 weeks, my blood pressure is normal, I’ve gained virtually no weight and overall have a normal balanced diet... not that it means much but just wondered if anyone had experienced this and went back the following week and everything was ok?

Reactions: 1
So I’m due on Wednesday, induction is booked for Thursday but I’m still undecided about it 😬 Really don’t think baby is gonna come before Thursday.

Have midwife appt tomorrow morning so will ask if she’ll do another sweep. The one last week didn’t do anything.

So I’m due on Wednesday, induction is booked for Thursday but I’m still undecided about it 😬 Really don’t think baby is gonna come before Thursday.

Have midwife appt tomorrow morning so will ask if she’ll do another sweep. The one last week didn’t do anything.
Getting close now!! I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned before, but is there a reason they’ve booked your induction so early? I’d be inclined to wait it out a bit, but then again by the time 40 weeks comes sometimes you just want the buggar out 🙈

Getting close now!! I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned before, but is there a reason they’ve booked your induction so early? I’d be inclined to wait it out a bit, but then again by the time 40 weeks comes sometimes you just want the buggar out 🙈
They offered to induce me last week but I said no. It’s to do with baby turning a few weeks back.

My other 2 labours were quick and straight forward so I’m worried an induction would be long and I’ll regret it. 10000% last baby though so at least I won’t need to ever do this again.

Main thing putting me off is the fact I won’t have my partner with me for most of it 😟

This thread has me craving fizzy drinks and buttery crumpets now. 😂 Tesco in the morning.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
They offered to induce me last week but I said no. It’s to do with baby turning a few weeks back.

My other 2 labours were quick and straight forward so I’m worried an induction would be long and I’ll regret it. 10000% last baby though so at least I won’t need to ever do this again.

Main thing putting me off is the fact I won’t have my partner with me for most of it 😟
I had two inductions, neither particularly pleasant experiences tbh (but no natural labour to compare to). You could always ask them to push your induction date back a week and if you don’t go yourself then reconsider? If you’ve gone quickly before though your induction may not be too bad, and your partner may not have to be away for too long. It’s just so hard to know, isn’t it? I’m sure you’ll make the right decision x

I had two inductions, neither particularly pleasant experiences tbh (but no natural labour to compare to). You could always ask them to push your induction date back a week and if you don’t go yourself then reconsider? If you’ve gone quickly before though your induction may not be too bad, and your partner may not have to be away for too long. It’s just so hard to know, isn’t it? I’m sure you’ll make the right decision x
Really wish I was a man and didn’t have to make these choices 😅 Going for my covid swab in the morning (can’t wait 😬🙈)

• Heart
Anyone got any previous experience of having sugar in their urine? Had my 28wk midwife appt today and she said there was a bit of sugar in my urine which can be an indicator of gestational diabetes... she’s getting me to go back next week to redo but I can’t stop thinking about it now even though she told me not to worry 🙃
My fundal height is measuring on the 50th centile today and at 24 weeks, my blood pressure is normal, I’ve gained virtually no weight and overall have a normal balanced diet... not that it means much but just wondered if anyone had experienced this and went back the following week and everything was ok?
Yes I had that! I had it in my urine a few times and had to be tested for GD. I didn’t have GD.

We just put it down to me eating too much sugar throughout the day. And cold pure orange juice was my craving, I couldn’t get enough.

Yes I had that! I had it in my urine a few times and had to be tested for GD. I didn’t have GD.

We just put it down to me eating too much sugar throughout the day. And cold pure orange juice was my craving, I couldn’t get enough.
Ahhhh ok, I also read on another forum you’re supposed to use your first pee of the day?! Not sure how accurate that info is but we shall see 😊

How’s everyone doing today?

I was late for work cause I was puuuuking.

• Sad
  • Heart

I am good how are you? No sickness but waves of dizziness constipation and people are irritating me very easily 🤣 has your sickness just started xx

I’m alright - getting a lot of crampy pain but I think it’s constipation 😫 took my eye off the ball recently with eating plenty of fruit etc. Going to force some fybogel down myself until the Tesco shop arrives 🤮

Pregnancy sickness is rough!! 😞

I’m alright - getting a lot of crampy pain but I think it’s constipation 😫 took my eye off the ball recently with eating plenty of fruit etc. Going to force some fybogel down myself until the Tesco shop arrives 🤮

Pregnancy sickness is rough!! 😞
I’ve had crampy pain but is very sporadic and I also am
Constipated 😕 x

• Heart

Ugh noo! Does it get at all better throughout the day?

I had a headache from Sunday afternoon to last night which has now gone thank god - it was horrible! Really unwilling to take paracetamol atm unless I absolutely have to.

I also had my booking appointment (40 min phone call followed by an in person appointment) and the midwife was so lovely, I’ve heard lots of people getting fobbed off so think I’ve really lucked out with mine!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.