Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Anyone got the mam self sterilising bottles? Don’t know if I’m giving into a gimmick here. Sticking them in the microwave for 3 mins to sterilise seems too easy to be good..
MAM bottles are absolutely brilliant, so handy for taking away or if you’re out and need to sterilise. Especially good for hospital use if you are planning on bottle feeding as you can just ask someone to stick it in the microwave for you. They are also good for colic etc. You can take them apart as well and wash them thoroughly. We have a steriliser too as find that when you sterilise them they get SO hot and I always burn my hands (you have to put a cap full of water in them) so prefer to sterilise them like that but yes very handy.

On another note: update on partner lost his job yesterday; he has 4 job interviews lined up for when we get home from our week away 🤞🏼 He is in hospitality so I know they are crying out for people, it’s just really been a hard hard month for us as a family for many different reasons so had a slight breakdown yesterday. Really looking forward to seeing the little bean on Sunday though and thank you so much for everyone who sent love and hugs yesterday ❤ You’re all ace.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Borntorun

VIP Member
Blimey girls, I go to work for 13 hours and you guys fill five pages!!

I used to be all fussy about baby clothes when I was pregnant with my daughter, but she’s 2 now and if she’ll stop throwing a tantrum about going to nursery because she gets to wear a peppa pig shirt then so be it. I honestly can’t get wound up about it! Also peppa pig is nowhere near as bad as Bing Bunny - he’s a knob.

I had a fairly horrendous day at work, ending in a sad case. But one of my work friends managed to speak to someone and then they managed to borrow a portable ultrasound scanner, so one of the consultants did a sneaky little scan to cheer me up. So I got to see little baby. 11 weeks and 2 days today - and the cheeky monkey was waving at me all over the show. Definitely helped pep me up a little. Sometimes working for the nhs isn’t all bad. Still have my proper dating scan next week

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
I have been engaged for one year tomorrow and my fiancé has bought me a card a massive plant and some
Dior perfume can’t believe we are having a baby like I never thought this would happen when he proposed feeling very emotional and grateful and I don’t know who needs to hear this but it is still ok to whinge about being pregnant. We are all lucky but also being pregnant isn’t the easiest feeling sometimes physically or emotionally I bloody hope McDonald’s bring the selects back and I hope you all have a nice relaxing sleep tonight because the insomnia is real for me right now. X

• Heart

Borntorun

VIP Member
So after a 50 minute wait, my scan was all fine and I got four free pictures to make up for waiting so long (which is great as they’re £5 each otherwise…) I’ve been convinced it’s a boy from the beginning but does anyone really get the whole nub theory thing? What dya reckon?!

Attachments

• Heart
My partners (literally) just lost his job and we’ve got our dating scan on Sunday for our third so yes definitely feel the “what the fuck am I doing” right now.

• Sad
  • Heart

VeryCherry

Top tip coming up 😂
I bought some nighties to wear for bed, the material is sort of slippery/glossy which I’d normally hate but omg, making it so much easier to turn over in the night. I just slide around haha x

• Haha
Reactions: 18

calmyourritas

VIP Member
I had a four hour lie down today. Was

How are you doing lovely? Lovely to see you on the threads 😘 xx
I’m okay thankyou ❤ Sometimes I wonder why I do this to myself and keep reading but I can’t help myself. I guess its like looking at your exes Facebook when you break up 🤣

It’s been 3 weeks now. I have good days and bad days. The good are good but the bad are awful. I think the bleeding has finally stopped now which means I can start to move forward I guess. Still unsure what I’m going to do but I will get there… thankyou for asking ❤

• Heart

LilyRose1234

VIP Member
Congratulations mama!! Lovely to hear. Did you have a positive birth experience overall? If so, would you like to tell us about it? Always good to hear good stories 😊 x

(when you have the time/energy)
Of course! So my waters broke quite suddenly, luckily I was already at the hospital with an appointment for reduced movements! Started having contractions and was examined and only 2cm dilated so taken to the ward as I was already at the hospital. Took some basic pain relief but the contractions were becoming really unbearable so had a diamorphine injection which made me super drowsy. Woke up a little while later ready to push (although literally no one believed me until I was examined haha) and was rushed into a delivery room and pushed for 40 minutes or so and out she came! It was definitely positive, although very rushed and quite intense given how quickly it all happened! Had a little bit of tearing so needed some stitches which have been a bit uncomfortable but manageable ☺

• Heart

eff29

Just caught up on thread. @Smallpotato I am so sorry that your doctor and hospital were so awful. That certainly looks like a very strong positive. I had a MC 2 months ago, and the EPU said it was a weak positive on the actual test I did there, but it was a ridiculously faint line and that was only whilst they waited a couple of hours for my blood test results to come back to confirm hcg and progesterone levels. If you have the energy, definitely pop a PALS complaint in, that doctor sounds awful 😡

Can I also just say how lovely everyone is in this thread. I'm currently the same gestation as my previous MC, so have been really emotional, terrified and panic attacks about this pregnancy. Have my first private scan in just under 2 weeks, but so scared I'm going to bleed and panic. But all these messages have reassured me so much that it is so common too. The first 12 weeks are absolute killers 💔💔💔

• Heart
  • Sad

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
Just wanted to cheer everyone up I tried to go on top instantly regretted it couldn’t figure out how to move just sat there 🤦🏽‍♀️had to get off felt like Godzilla🤣🤣cringing at myself.

I also fear for my life at night as I feel like I can’t breathe anyone else have this it’s like being constricted in a straight jacket 🧥

• Haha

Smallpotato

VIP Member
How are you doing small potato? X
drained! I’m a very logical person, I like a plan. I’ve done about 10 tests and none of them have that faint line so this dickhead doctor can’t read a pregnancy test 🙃 I’m just going to hope that babypotato is still cooking away, ready for Wednesday ♥

• Heart

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Today was a good baby day - a relative’s little one arrived almost four weeks early but doing perfectly over 7lbs, we decided on our pram aaaand found out my best friend is having a baby so we’ll have our little ones 3-4 months apart ❤ So excited. I’m now lying awake listening to my husband snore but you can’t have it all!

Reactions: 17

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
I have been and bought my pram / travel system I have been hustling different shops trying to get the best price… I have saved 359 pounds by shopping around and ringing every shop who supply my pram. For any women on here looking for a pram or travel system new make sure you shop around I feel so proud of myself 🥰🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Smallpotato

VIP Member
We told extended family today, BILs and their wives (that’s thicko and Twelve-erife) replied with…

“Fuck off”
&
“Great”

Husband is actually quite upset; he’s the only one out of the family to have two children and thought his brothers would be somewhat excited, but that response was a bit shite tbh. I predict BIL and twelve-erife will probably get engaged soon as they won’t be able to stand not being centre of attention.

We told a few of our friends via FaceTime who were so excited, inc my husbands work wife aka my son’s honorary Auntie. That made it worth it 🥰

Sorry I’ve not been on all day, just catching up and i may be in denial but I’m 99.9% sure my vagina didn’t swell or change colour 😂😂
I’m going to ask my husband in a bit 🤣

• Heart
  • Wow

Ilando

VIP Member
So grateful for our NHS. Have been 4 times recently due to reduced movement including this afternoon. Got seen within an hour of phoning each time. I know not everyone has a positive experience but their care of me through endometriosis, miscarriage and now pregnancy has been fantastic.

Think they deserve a payrise more than a medal from the queen!

• Heart