Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bum is still hurting but baby is now moving happily after my little slip down the stairs. Going go monitor it over next hour and if anything changes will phone midwife
Hope you'll feel better soon!

Went shopping with my mom today, which was lovely, then went to my parents' house. Was the first time seeing my dad in ages and after saying hi and acknowledging my bump he said "Looks like milk production has started as well!". I mean, yeah, my breast are bigger, but I'm quite self conscious about them, so I told him I wasn't comfortable with him saying that. "Well, it's true, isn't it? So what's the problem?"
Ugh 🙄 Why do people think it's okay to say stuff like that? It's not funny...

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Can anyone try to describe what Braxton Hicks feel like for me please?
I had lines of pain that came from the outside in toward the middle. The whole bump didn’t hurt, just lines of pain

different post:
I also set my first boundary earlier. My mum said ‘come on fats’

I said ‘why would you say that? You know what I’m going to say don’t you… worry about your own belly’ x

🙃🙃😆

Reactions: 4
We have a king size bed and my dream is a super king when we have the space! If you’ve got the space you absolutely won’t regret a bigger bed. Husband would happily have a double but he’s a cuddler and a snorer and when we’ve stayed somewhere and had a double I’m ready to leave him after a few nights! I run hot too and force us to have a summer duvet year round whereas he would sleep under a 20 tog brick and still have cold feet. I’ve had a few nights in the spare room lately because I’ve slept much more lightly since being pregnant and up and down with needing the loo and his snoring was irritating me and I will say I’ve come around to now thinking it’s fine if we need to. I would still try and sleep together when possible but if you’re both suffering and then need to throw a newborn in to the mix there really is no point suffering for the sake of it - you can get intimacy and cuddles back in other ways and you’ll probably feel more inclined to do so if you’ve had a decent bit of sleep!

Reactions: 2
We live in a 3 bed and are giving the baby the teeny tiny room so we can keep the middle room with a double bed in for as long as possible. Will be gutted when we have another and have to give it up - for the past few months we've been sleeping separate a few nights a week. Partly cos of the heat, partly cos of his snoring :mad:and partly just cos we've started to enjoy it haha. Oh and because he gets pissed off at my U pillow, been feelig like I need it quite a bit atm Mostly I stay in out king size and he gets shipped out :devilish:

Reactions: 4
You guys have just made me realise, my husband has actually stopped snoring since we got a king size! I wonder whether it’s because it’s less cramped and more space to spread out, or because the mattress is better so he gets a better sleep.

Talk maternity clothes to me ladies. We trekked round our local city centre today and it seems the verdict is all the maternity clothes were removed from stores when they reduced lines due to the pandemic. We tried m&s, John Lewis, next and H&M but no joy so I’m going to have to try online but I don’t know what size I am in places that have maternity lines! Where are good places to try?

Hope you'll feel better soon!

Went shopping with my mom today, which was lovely, then went to my parents' house. Was the first time seeing my dad in ages and after saying hi and acknowledging my bump he said "Looks like milk production has started as well!". I mean, yeah, my breast are bigger, but I'm quite self conscious about them, so I told him I wasn't comfortable with him saying that. "Well, it's true, isn't it? So what's the problem?"
Ugh 🙄 Why do people think it's okay to say stuff like that? It's not funny...
I'd be furious-gutted with someone talking about my boobs, true or not. Sorry he doubled down instead of backing off.

Reactions: 1
When we move into our new house very soon, my partner and I will have separate rooms. After months of terrible nights sleep for both of us I think for our own sanities it’ll be better for us.

You guys have just made me realise, my husband has actually stopped snoring since we got a king size! I wonder whether it’s because it’s less cramped and more space to spread out, or because the mattress is better so he gets a better sleep.

Talk maternity clothes to me ladies. We trekked round our local city centre today and it seems the verdict is all the maternity clothes were removed from stores when they reduced lines due to the pandemic. We tried m&s, John Lewis, next and H&M but no joy so I’m going to have to try online but I don’t know what size I am in places that have maternity lines! Where are good places to try?
I think it’s terrible there’s hardly any maternity clothes in shops if any at all. I’ve found most joy with new look online. I’ve been buying my usual size 10 in maternity however my boobs are getting too big to fit in most size 10 now.

We have a king size bed and my dream is a super king when we have the space! If you’ve got the space you absolutely won’t regret a bigger bed. Husband would happily have a double but he’s a cuddler and a snorer and when we’ve stayed somewhere and had a double I’m ready to leave him after a few nights! I run hot too and force us to have a summer duvet year round whereas he would sleep under a 20 tog brick and still have cold feet. I’ve had a few nights in the spare room lately because I’ve slept much more lightly since being pregnant and up and down with needing the loo and his snoring was irritating me and I will say I’ve come around to now thinking it’s fine if we need to. I would still try and sleep together when possible but if you’re both suffering and then need to throw a newborn in to the mix there really is no point suffering for the sake of it - you can get intimacy and cuddles back in other ways and you’ll probably feel more inclined to do so if you’ve had a decent bit of sleep!
Couldn’t agree more. I need to measure up for a super king!

When we move into our new house very soon, my partner and I will have separate rooms. After months of terrible nights sleep for both of us I think for our own sanities it’ll be better for us.
It’s a no brainer to me. I’m glad to hear more people are open minded to the idea for reasons of sanity. I’m not sure why there’s a stigma around it. When I mentioned it to my mum she looked horrified.

We live in a 3 bed and are giving the baby the teeny tiny room so we can keep the middle room with a double bed in for as long as possible. Will be gutted when we have another and have to give it up - for the past few months we've been sleeping separate a few nights a week. Partly cos of the heat, partly cos of his snoring :mad:and partly just cos we've started to enjoy it haha. Oh and because he gets pissed off at my U pillow, been feelig like I need it quite a bit atm Mostly I stay in out king size and he gets shipped out :devilish:
It’s a luxury to have a spare room with a double, I’m dreading losing ours too 🤣

When I was pregnant with my daughter we slept separately. And then when she was born I ended up cosleeping to save my sanity, so again kicked him out to the spare room. Now we have a super king though so this time round it’s not bothering me having him in bed with me - I can starfish and still not touch him 😂

Reactions: 3
When I was pregnant with my daughter we slept separately. And then when she was born I ended up cosleeping to save my sanity, so again kicked him out to the spare room. Now we have a super king though so this time round it’s not bothering me having him in bed with me - I can starfish and still not touch him 😂
Living the dream! The ones I’ve looked at have separate 3 ft mattresses, and I’ve seen duvets with separate togs. Oh my ♥🤣

Living the dream! The ones I’ve looked at have separate 3 ft mattresses, and I’ve seen duvets with separate togs. Oh my ♥🤣
We generally use separate duvets… we have one for making the bed. But he’s always hot and I’m always cold so have our own ones 😂😂

Sooooo... sleeping arrangements 😴🙂

Those who struggle to sleep well with their partners, isn’t it better that you sleep separately and well, rather than both being sleep deprived?

I’m not a very cuddly person and a very light sleeper. We only have a standard double, my partners 6ft 2 (and very warm blooded aka hot, and dare I say it a bit of a snorer) and when we tried to share a bed I really suffered. So he went off to the double in the spare room and we’re both as happy as Larry. We’re still affectionate with each other and our sex life hasn’t suffered.

I felt a bit mean as he does like to snuggle, but I was slowly losing my sanity.

I think society says that as couples we need to share a bed, or something’s wrong in the relationship.

When the baby’s here and ready for a room of their own I think we’re either going to have to move to a 3 bed or get a super king size.

Are we the only ones who sleep separately? Do people think it’s weird? Just curious 🙂
We don't sleep separately, but I wish we did! I hate sharing a bed, I do not like to be touched when I'm sleeping or falling asleep whereas my partner loves to cuddle etc. Sometimes I sneak off to the spare room if I can't sleep and he's snoring. I just like being able to sprawl out, especially these days! 🐋

I found Dorothy Perkins and New Look maternity bigger than expected. Tried over bump jeans / jeggings with both and they were just large all over not just the bump area. T shirts from New Look also a lot bigger than from Boohoo which seemed to run true to size.

We live in a 3 bed new build and we are desperate for a 4 bed as my husband is now permanently working from home. They seem so out of reach though 😭

I've started thinking about my hospital bag, I may be a bit eager but my side of the family have a tendancy to come at least 4 weeks early so I'd rather be prepared. Anyway I'm after nightie recommendations and maternity pads if you have any!xx

We have a super king and still my partner sleeps as close to me as he can 🤣 he will start far away and eventually gravitate over the course of the night, even ends up sharing my pregnancy pillow 🤣

I've started thinking about my hospital bag, I may be a bit eager but my side of the family have a tendancy to come at least 4 weeks early so I'd rather be prepared. Anyway I'm after nightie recommendations and maternity pads if you have any!xx
I got my nighties in primark and also morrisons and I've obv not tried the maternity pads yet but been recommended boots thick ones by more than a few people so that's what I've got

I got my nighties from primark, but tbh especially now I’m home and it’s warm I sleep in my nursing bra and loose shorts! I got the thick ones from boots in a pink packet and they’ve been good! Also have seen you can get cooling ones which look good but haven’t been able to get my hands on any!

ETA “sleep” - I spend the nights in bed feeding in my nursing bra and shorts. Courtesy of a cluster feeding baby I’m not sure what sleep is 🤣

• Heart
I’ve been wondering this too. Sometimes my stomach goes so tight but it doesn’t come and go, it’s tight for ages
I have been having this sensation for weeks had it so bad the other day it doesn’t hurt me like period pain which is what I thought it was like it’s just really tight uncomfortable like feels like she is trying to push as far as she can x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.