Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just weighed myself and I’ve lost 3lbs. I’m putting it down to eating better and cutting out rubbish (except darkmilk buttons because they’re amazing)
As long as I’m eating healthily and drinking water and stuff, I’m guessing it won’t cause any problems?
I lost 3-4lbs. I’m nearly 25 weeks now and back to my weight pre pregnancy. Didn’t even have any sickness just change in died (lack of wine) it will start going up, mine is slowly

Reactions: 1
Just out of my anomaly scan and it took 10 mins so I’m a little confused 😬 she said everything was good but couldn’t tell the gender because of the baby’s position

Reactions: 7
I'm exactly the same, I feel like a lump and deffo haven't been in the mood/had the energy. We've probably been intimate twice since Feb, poor bloke!!

We were watching a film the other day and a heavily pregnant woman was on top and I was like WTF!!! This is deffo written by a man...
I can’t see it being very flattering for me 🤦🏽‍♀️ So now I just try and do other positions 🤣🤣

Just out of my anomaly scan and it took 10 mins so I’m a little confused 😬 she said everything was good but couldn’t tell the gender because of the baby’s position
Mine I am not joking was under ten minutes my partner was bemused as when you have a private one they take so much more time showing and explaining. They even showed me her hair if you view in black and white not 4d/ hd. I didn’t enjoy either of the nhs scans the growth scan was also quite vague 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I can’t see it being very flattering for me 🤦🏽‍♀️ So now I just try and do other positions 🤣🤣

Mine I am not joking was under ten minutes my partner was bemused as when you have a private one they take so much more time showing and explaining. They even showed me her hair if you view in black and white not 4d/ hd. I didn’t enjoy either of the nhs scans the growth scan was also quite vague 🤦🏽‍♀️
I was expecting an hour long scan and the sonographer and person in with her were asking why I was there as I’m low risk 🥴 I came out deflated tbh but I’m guessing of there was anything wrong she would have flagged it 😭 anyway I’m after booking a private scan 🤣 if you throw money at an issue there is always a resolution 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
what!! The 20w scan I had with my son was at least 25 mins, but I suppose it depends how fast they can get it done. I’m sorry it wasn’t what you expected tho, that’s really crappy xx

• Heart
what!! The 20w scan I had with my son was at least 25 mins, but I suppose it depends how fast they can get it done. I’m sorry it wasn’t what you expected tho, that’s really crappy xx
Ya lol I was waiting 2 hours and the scan was 10 mins she was like “everything looks good” duck it I’m gonna take it that if there was anything out of the ordinary she would have said 😌

I was expecting an hour long scan and the sonographer and person in with her were asking why I was there as I’m low risk 🥴 I came out deflated tbh but I’m guessing of there was anything wrong she would have flagged it 😭 anyway I’m after booking a private scan 🤣 if you throw money at an issue there is always a resolution 🤣
100% book a private scan, they’re so worth it! I didn’t like my nhs one at all, the woman was really rude which I was shocked at and the whole thing was a bit clinical rather than a happy moment. The private scans I’ve burst into tears all 3 times because they’re just so lovely and really talk you through everything and seem as interested in your baby as you are! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was going to go to the gym at lunch but now I’m thinking I might go to McDonald’s instead I shouldn’t read this thread 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
100% book a private scan, they’re so worth it! I didn’t like my nhs one at all, the woman was really rude which I was shocked at and the whole thing was a bit clinical rather than a happy moment. The private scans I’ve burst into tears all 3 times because they’re just so lovely and really talk you through everything and seem as interested in your baby as you are! ❤
@Jellybb

I 100% back this my partner even shed a tear at our hd scan and when we had our 16 week he was holding my hand etc and the ladies were lovely.
The sonographer I had for my 12 week was the rudest man ever asked me if I had questions so I asked him one and he said I have no idea ask your midwife 🤦🏽‍♀️ My 20 week scan they take measurements and I asked her if everything was ok and she said well at the moment yes they all pretty much look the same at this stage which obviously made me worry more x

• Heart
I nearly cried after my 20 weeks nhs one as she was so sour towards us. It was awkward as hell as there was no niceties or chat and then she had problems finding the heart and I thought ‘good girl you give her the run around because she’s not being nice to mummy’ 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I went for an early gender scan privately and had a man doing it, he was so rough I couldn’t stand straight the next day without my belly hurting!

Been lucky with the NHS ones though they’ve all seemed lovey

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Sorry to hear so many have had such bad experiences with NHS scans. Feel very lucky that so far mine have all been great and the staff are soo friendly and helpful (which is a godsend as I have to go every 4 weeks).

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Sorry to hear so many have had such bad experiences with NHS scans. Feel very lucky that so far mine have all been great and the staff are soo friendly and helpful (which is a godsend as I have to go every 4 weeks).
Thankfully my NHS scans so far have been great too. Although the consultant did get frustrated at 16 weeks as baby wouldn't stay still to get proper measurement. The midwife that did my 12 week scan actually delivered me as a baby so that was enough to cause me to bawl my eyes out before we'd even seen our baby for the first time! 😢

• Heart
Thankfully my NHS scans so far have been great too. Although the consultant did get frustrated at 16 weeks as baby wouldn't stay still to get proper measurement. The midwife that did my 12 week scan actually delivered me as a baby so that was enough to cause me to bawl my eyes out before we'd even seen our baby for the first time! 😢
Aww this is so sweet I would have shed a tear too!🥲 the few midwives I have had I have really liked if I’m honest but it’s the actual scans which have been tit for me I know they are essential and I am grateful but they could be a bit nicer. I think it is my trust though I am going between two hospitals and the one where I will give birth were so nice when I had a early scan as this is where they make you go as it’s a much bigger newer hospital when I saw her on the screen like a tiny shrimp I burst into tears and she said are you ok I said well I didn’t think I would ever have a baby and she got all upset for me! This thread definitely shows how each trust is just so different I am glad some of you have had pleasant experiences because the scanxiety of worrying who would do my 20 week one after that man was over whelming as I told my partner and he said if i had him him again he will ask for someone else because he was allowed to the 20 week scan x

Reactions: 1
I'm gutted I didn't see about the chicken selects before I'd already made my boring poached eggs on toast 💔

Just back from the midwife and baby is measuring on the 90th centile. 😖 My last was on the 97th when he was born so it's likely to be right. Maybe it's for the best I lay off the McDonald's 🤣

• Sad
Ladies sorry for TMI this time of day but is anyone else really struggling with a lack of sex drive? And by lack, I mean a complete disappearance….
We’ve had sex maybe 3 times since finding out I’m pregnant (I’m 20 weeks now). Husband is amazing and patient so there’s no pressure from that side at all but I just want to want it again! I’ve not had any issues with bleeding etc and when we’ve done it I’ve enjoyed it but it’s like I’ve been switched off in that department. I’m feeling well symptom wise at the minute too so can’t even blame sickness etc. I want my mojo back before I’m too big to feel sexy or too tired from having a newborn!

We’ve not had sex since 5 weeks pregnant (now nearly 26 weeks). I was too sick to be rocked about and then when I found out I was Rhesus negative my midwife said if I were to bleed I would need to go and get an anti D jab and it seems to much hassle 😂. Tbh I usually have a high sex drive and I’m just not interested at all. My partner is very understanding too.

That sounds disappointing, glad you’ve booked a private scan! Sounds like she wanted you in and out x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.