Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone! Baby girl arrived on Wednesday after a very speedy 3 hour labour, which was unexpected! She’s an absolute dream 😍 for those of you worrying about the growth scans/charts - last week she was measuring at 8lbs6, born weighing 7lbs4 so they’re definitely not always that accurate!!

A huge congratulations!! Glad you’re both ok 💖

Congratulations!!

I had a horrible experience this morning. They tried to find the heartbeat with the Doppler and couldn’t find it for ages and had to take me for an ultrasound the 15 minutes waiting for the sonographer was the longest 15 minutes of my life why do they do that?!! I literally had my scan yesterday where they had the heartbeat playing. The baby’s arm is always in front of her/his face so she said that’s why they couldn’t hear:oops: also anterior placenta. Only positive was I got to see the baby again properly.

Glad everything’s ok!! X x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Husband is bringing back KFC tonight on the way home from work, yes it'll be 10oclock by the time I eat it and heart burn will probably be an absolute biatch tonight but I can't turn down chicken 😂

Reactions: 6
I’m almost 5 weeks so still very early, has a lot of cramping tonight.. feel like the littlest twinge worries me! Anyone else get cramping early on? Xx
I had lots of cramping, and still get it occasionally now (24 weeks)

Just felt like mild period cramps but some days it would be all day xx

Reactions: 2
I’m almost 5 weeks so still very early, has a lot of cramping tonight.. feel like the littlest twinge worries me! Anyone else get cramping early on? Xx
I’m 7 weeks on Sunday and I’ve had a fair bit! Try not to worry x

Reactions: 5
I had it really bad and if I had never done a test I wouldn’t have known I was pregnant because my cycles were a mess so not coming on for two or three months is normal for me so try not to worry they went at about 9 weeks x

Reactions: 1
Yep mine felt like period cramps for the first few weeks x

Blimey girls, I go to work for 13 hours and you guys fill five pages!!

I used to be all fussy about baby clothes when I was pregnant with my daughter, but she’s 2 now and if she’ll stop throwing a tantrum about going to nursery because she gets to wear a peppa pig shirt then so be it. I honestly can’t get wound up about it! Also peppa pig is nowhere near as bad as Bing Bunny - he’s a knob.

I had a fairly horrendous day at work, ending in a sad case. But one of my work friends managed to speak to someone and then they managed to borrow a portable ultrasound scanner, so one of the consultants did a sneaky little scan to cheer me up. So I got to see little baby. 11 weeks and 2 days today - and the cheeky monkey was waving at me all over the show. Definitely helped pep me up a little. Sometimes working for the nhs isn’t all bad. Still have my proper dating scan next week

• Heart
Reactions: 19

I used to be all fussy about baby clothes when I was pregnant with my daughter, but she’s 2 now and if she’ll stop throwing a tantrum about going to nursery because she gets to wear a peppa pig shirt then so be it. I honestly can’t get wound up about it! Also peppa pig is nowhere near as bad as Bing Bunny - he’s a knob.

I had a fairly horrendous day at work, ending in a sad case. But one of my work friends managed to speak to someone and then they managed to borrow a portable ultrasound scanner, so one of the consultants did a sneaky little scan to cheer me up. So I got to see little baby. 11 weeks and 2 days today - and the cheeky monkey was waving at me all over the show. Definitely helped pep me up a little. Sometimes working for the nhs isn’t all bad. Still have my proper dating scan next week
Bing is so whiny 🤬 but yaaaayyy for seeing baby!

• Haha
So my nose is hella congested (standard), restless legs are a go and i cant stop feeling itchy down there now i think that i have it in my head i have thrush😭 i have to wait until next week for my midwife to confirm its thrush after i gave her a sample today. Im 100%. I want all of the canestan up my pen-y-fan 😂

Already given up on sleeping in bed tonight and taken myself to the sofa.

Last edited:
  • Sad
I am also a bit funny I don’t like anything with cartoons on or Disney I basically like plain things Zara, Next, M&S or home made knitted clothes. I am also sometimes partial to designer items and I don’t expect anyone to buy any of these things so far anything which has been bought people have sent me pictures of first which I think is actually amazing because my facial expressions are such a give away when I don’t like something. I am dreading i my baby loves pepper pig and I have to buy her merchandise 🤦🏽‍♀️

I think vouchers are great and I think I will start ordering hello fresh maybe to help with the ease of cooking x
I'm exactly the same with clothes!! Someone has bought baby some yellow winne the poo bodysuits!! I mean i know it's the thought that counts but eeeekkk! Not my cup of tea. 🤪🤪🙈🙈🙈xx

• Haha
I had reaaaally bad cramping for the first little bit. I started to ease by week 8 and I have nothing now. It’ll all be ok don’t worry xxx

Oh this is so sweet❤

Reactions: 1
Today was a good baby day - a relative’s little one arrived almost four weeks early but doing perfectly over 7lbs, we decided on our pram aaaand found out my best friend is having a baby so we’ll have our little ones 3-4 months apart ❤ So excited. I’m now lying awake listening to my husband snore but you can’t have it all!

Reactions: 17
I got some bits from the Frugi sale that arrived today. I'm erm, quite well chested and I've really been struggling for a swimsuit that keeps my melons in as I'm already up to a J :censored:
Outgrown my normal one really and any maternity ones I tried were just so low cut/had minimal boob space/had a padded section that my boobs dwarfed. But, I managed to get one from Frugi that's sorted me out, AND it's a tankini rather than a one piece which is 10/10 handy as I have a wee at home and then always need another one as soon as I get to the pool. I prefer to use the not-pool toilets in the sports area so I can wear shoes in there :sick: so saves me stripping all my layers off in the ladies to wriggle out of my cossie.
Also got some bambino bits, think the 'coming home'/intro to the world outfit is sorted. Keep telling myself I'll not buy more baby bits until we're further along, as everything needs to come out for a quick paint and to get a new carpet in, but I can't stop.

👋👋 Currently sat in the spare room, eating a pack of digestives.
My girl!!!!! I hadn't thought of a little midnight snack, good shout tbh! (Although I hope they are the chocolate coated ones!)

My girl!!!!! I hadn't thought of a little midnight snack, good shout tbh! (Although I hope they are the chocolate coated ones!)
Sadly they're the plain ones 😭
I've been waking up feeling hungry the last few nights and keep forgetting to put something good by the bed. I daren't go downstairs for anything nicer because the dog goes nuts and wakes the whole house.
Baby is currently doing flips so I think I'm up for a while yet 😬

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.