One Direction #6 God Only Knows Where 1D Did Go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel sorry for Liam, he’s had the least success of the four of them with regards to album releases and doesn’t appear to know where he fits.

Louis looked gorgeous but I do wish he’s stop with the man spreading. Loved the suit jacket but would look even better with more tailored trousers.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Haven't heard Liam talk in ages. It's like his jaw is misaligned or something? His speech sounds completely different now

Reactions: 1
I thought it was very brave of Liam to come out and support Louis. He’s battling something big and he can’t mask it. Hope he rides out the storm. Must hurt that he can’t be as successful as Louis or Harry

• Sad
Reactions: 13
The interview Liam gave last night and this post today mentioning he’s been struggling a lot is really sad, I hope he’s starting to get to a better place now and healing from whatever has happened.

It never sat right with me last year when the whole of TikTok, Twitter etc was mocking the video of him with Logan Paul. The stuff he said wasn’t great but It was so obvious he wasn’t ok and hasn’t been for a while and everyone jumping on the bandwagon to mock him wouldn’t have helped. Everyone is quick to preach mental health but took great delight in mocking someone who was obviously not well for a bit of clout.

I really do sympathise with him. I genuinely do believe he was meant to be the ‘star’ of One Direction and the band was built around him after Simon Cowell effectively promised him he’d be a star one day. It must be incredibly hard to see someone else achieve the level of success and the dream you were probably sold. It would certainly have affected my mental if I was in Liam’s shoes.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
The interview Liam gave last night and this post today mentioning he’s been struggling a lot is really sad, I hope he’s starting to get to a better place now and healing from whatever has happened.

It never sat right with me last year when the whole of TikTok, Twitter etc was mocking the video of him with Logan Paul. The stuff he said wasn’t great but It was so obvious he wasn’t ok and hasn’t been for a while and everyone jumping on the bandwagon to mock him wouldn’t have helped. Everyone is quick to preach mental health but took great delight in mocking someone who was obviously not well for a bit of clout.

I really do sympathise with him. I genuinely do believe he was meant to be the ‘star’ of One Direction and the band was built around him after Simon Cowell effectively promised him he’d be a star one day. It must be incredibly hard to see someone else achieve the level of success and the dream you were probably sold. It would certainly have affected my mental if I was in Liam’s shoes.
I agree. It’s clear that he has been struggling for a while and looks like he needs some guidance in what to do next. In his interview in the diary of a ceo he said after what “‘doing music” did to him and his mental health, he was ready to leave it for good but then ended up doing his successful single.. I wonder if he sees himself coming back or will focus on something different. But it must be so hard coming down from success like that and doing something else when you went to it so young. I hope he finds some guidance and that people around him are supporting him. It’s lovely to see how Louis defended him after the Logan Paul thing and that they remain “close”. Can’t wait to see the movie!

Reactions: 2
Liam's had buccal fat removal from the look of things. Tragic, he always had such a lovely face.

gettyimages-1474023962-1024x1024.jpg

He's clearly very unwell overall and that caption is worrying. It's difficult to know whether he'd have coped any better had he had his own successful career, given that he didn't do well during the height of 1D's fame. Very sad.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

Yeah, no disrespect to Harry because he is a great performer, but it must be difficult for Liam seeing him succeed. I think for all of the guys, except Harry, it would be hard to come away from the huge success of the band and not having the same level of fame/success anymore. Liam's music after the band was nothing special. It was like every other song in the charts at the time so it didn't really stand out. He kind of got lost in it all, which is a shame. He has a great voice. Just my assumption here but I think he would be happier if he accepted the level of success he has now, and stop trying to sell himself as the best one in the band like he did in the Logan Paul podcast. He should put that behind him for now and focus on Liam Payne the solo artist

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Liam's had buccal fat removal from the look of things. Tragic, he always had such a lovely face.

View attachment 2037052

He's clearly very unwell overall and that caption is worrying. It's difficult to know whether he'd have coped any better had he had his own successful career, given that he didn't do well during the height of 1D's fame. Very sad.
This makes me sad.... Also, it might just be my preferences but it seems like buccal fat removal never ages well.

I really hope that Liam is able to pull it all together and find something that makes him happy and fulfilled, whether that be music or something entirely different. He has a beautiful voice but if being in the industry isn't healthy for him, I don't want him to keep at it, if that makes sense.

View attachment 2037052

He looks awful and about 20 year older. Why do people do it. Too much money they don't know what to do with it. He always strikes me as a person who is unsure of who he is. Thrown into the spotlight too young.

Reactions: 3
Did any of you ever come across that tweet about how 1d were one of the biggest bands for so many years yet they don't have memorable hits to the general public (non fans) like others do eg Backstreet boys I want it that way

Not sure how much I agree with it because it's too early to say but then there's a part of me that can't picture their songs being played on the radio decades from now. It was all fun and poppy for the time but nothing groundbreaking. What they achieved as a band though was huge. I think their personalities carried the band more than their music in a way

Reactions: 2
Did any of you ever come across that tweet about how 1d were one of the biggest bands for so many years yet they don't have memorable hits to the general public (non fans) like others do eg Backstreet boys I want it that way

Not sure how much I agree with it because it's too early to say but then there's a part of me that can't picture their songs being played on the radio decades from now. It was all fun and poppy for the time but nothing groundbreaking. What they achieved as a band though was huge. I think their personalities carried the band more than their music in a way
I feel like What Makes You Beautiful is pretty iconic in the same way as I Want It That Way or Bye Bye Bye are. None are there for musical quality, it's for nostalgia.

I struggle to think of anything from later albums that hits the same mark though.

Reactions: 6
Niall’s performance was really beautiful ❤
Honestly it’s pretty impressive how well he’s doing considering he hasnt released music or done any sort of promo in years. He must have a brilliant management team, I can’t see that ever happening to Louis, the proof is in Liam really

No disrespect to Louis (I mean he’s my favourite so def no disrespect lmao) or Liam but Niall is very universally well liked, his music is nice and simple and a lot of people like it

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.