One Direction #6 God Only Knows Where 1D Did Go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like What Makes You Beautiful is pretty iconic in the same way as I Want It That Way or Bye Bye Bye are. None are there for musical quality, it's for nostalgia.

I struggle to think of anything from later albums that hits the same mark though.
Yeah I think WMYB is fairly well recognised, in terms of boyband classics. If it was played in a club today people would get excited.

Reactions: 1
That is a lovely statement and straight from the heart. I'm glad Liam says he's in a better place now, I sincerely hope that's true.
That was a really lovely sentiment. I doesn’t sound like he’s quite out the other side of it yet though.

No disrespect to Louis (I mean he’s my favourite so def no disrespect lmao) or Liam but Niall is very universally well liked, his music is nice and simple and a lot of people like it
I think a lot more folks would enjoy Louis’ music if only they got to hear it. He’s doing remarkably well considering the only promo he ever gets is via the mention of his kid. I don’t think he even had a piece in the DM on his own about his film, it was mentioned via articles about Liam, wasn’t it?

I would love to have an insiders view of how the industry really works. I don’t buy the notion that his team don’t do anything to help his career, I think the gridlock begins with the men in charge of air play and record company budget distribution and all that complex stuff. If his team do duck all they’d have no job. There are some very narrow views from his fans on Tumblr, lots of people have tunnel vision.

Reactions: 8
I hope Liam is in therapy - what I'd be asking if I knew him is is music really what he wants to do? I never got that impression from his brief solo outings

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I expect Liam to write a Prince Harry style book
I'd actually enjoy it if he did. I'd love to see what life was actually like inside a boyband that had the scale of One Direction.

He probably won't though. I don't think he wants to piss off his bandmates, and he does seem to really crave validation from fans even now. There's no way to be really honest and truthful while not admitting they all weren't perfect.

Reactions: 6
I honestly thought Liam would want to settle down fairly quickly post-1D, maybe his relationship breaking down with Cheryl was where it all started to go downhill :(

Reactions: 3
I honestly thought Liam would want to settle down fairly quickly post-1D, maybe his relationship breaking down with Cheryl was where it all started to go downhill :(
I agree with this, things could’ve been different behind the scenes obviously but from an outsider point of view he seemed really happy and settled with Cheryl and Bear. Especially in the early days. It’s after they split and he didn’t see his son as much etc that he’s started to seem a bit off the rails and unwell.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
No disrespect to Louis (I mean he’s my favourite so def no disrespect lmao) or Liam but Niall is very universally well liked, his music is nice and simple and a lot of people like it
yeah I would describe niall as michael buble-esque. Not that they are the same but he is very clean cut, mum's like him, keeps himself to himself and comes across as very genuine in interviews. He also promotes on quite a wide variety of things e.g the one show, jonathan ross, sunday brunch, the white house. Those are very different audiences 🤣

I think Liam is evidently mentally immature and has no boundaries for what he’s willing to share online because he doesn’t seem to fully comprehend the consequences of his actions. Not excusing him because he’s done things I really don’t agree with, but at this point I’m not sure viewing his posts and what he does through a normal person’s lens saying he’s using him for promotion is a good idea. It seems he’s either just slow/stunted in some way or has fried his brain with drug use. No 30 year old man acts like this without something else going on.

Reactions: 9
I think Liam is evidently mentally immature and has no boundaries for what he’s willing to share online because he doesn’t seem to fully comprehend the consequences of his actions. Not excusing him because he’s done things I really don’t agree with, but at this point I’m not sure viewing his posts and what he does through a normal person’s lens saying he’s using him for promotion is a good idea. It seems he’s either just slow/stunted in some way or has fried his brain with drug use. No 30 year old man acts like this without something else going on.
Stunted and mentally ill probably. I can't imagine the pressure of being plucked from a normal life at 17 and overnight becoming a huge sensation. You add substance misuse on top of that and it's a recipe for disaster. No amount of money, success and living your dream can ever take away from the 'normal' things they missed out on. They turned 18 as global superstars while the rest of us were jamming in pop world, passing driving tests, going on party holidays, going to university. There was no coming of age for them really. They couldn't even go to the supermarket.
They also weren't neopotism babies so it's not like they had families who knew the industry and could guide them through it. They were rags to riches in the extreme, vulnerable and wide open to manipulation and exploitation which is inevitably what happened.

I feel desperately sorry for him to be honest. Between being badly bullied as a kid, thrown to the wolves as a 17 year old on a global scale, no time or space to grow and develop cause I'd imagine it's pretty hard to do that when you're Liam from 1D and that's all anyone actually cares about, far away from any sense of normality and to boot, he probably thought his post 1D career would go better than it has which I'd imagine is a bit of a suckerpunch.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
this is so so sad as he looks so much better before! What do we think he has had done? It looks like he’s widened his jaw and given Harry’s as a reference photo!! But his features are made for a narrower face, looks really odd 😢 Maybe some fillers also? I know some are saying bucal fat removal, but his whole face shape looks different, not just leaner (he also had a leaner face at the start of 1D, so he could be someone who can lose weight off the face naturally).

Reactions: 3
He was so handsome before, I actually used to think he was the one that was aging the best besides Zayn 😕

• Heart
He's certainly had something done to his jaw. God knows why, he looked perfectly fine beforehand.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.