One Direction #6 God Only Knows Where 1D Did Go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Much like most people, I just feel he doesn’t know his place/where he belongs in the industry and is floundering. Another poster highlighted just how young they all were and to go from being in the biggest group in the world and having that level of success to not really knowing what to do with yourself must be hard. You’d surely realise that of five of you, not all of you will reach a similar level of success as you did in the band and it must be hard when the ones that do get it aren’t you.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
really random, but did we ever work out why Louis doesn’t get radio play?

in my office we have different stations on for 8 hours a day, I always hear Harry, very occasionally hear Zayn/Pillowtalk, Niall I hear another song like Slow Hands or his Anne-Marie collab once a day easy and now Heaven gets played ALOT.

But I’ve literally never heard a Louis song on the radio? I’ve not heard Liam either tbh but 😶. Steal My Girl and Story of My Life routinely still gets radio play on local stations too.

Reactions: 5
Strip that down and bedroom floor got quite a bit of radio play at the time, if I remember. I’ve never heard a Louis song on the radio either though.

Reactions: 1
Louis’ album was R2’s album of the week and Two of Us/Kill My Mind were included in Radio 1’s playlists when they were pushed as singles.

Strip that down and bedroom floor got quite a bit of radio play at the time, if I remember. I’ve never heard a Louis song on the radio either though.
Yeah I meant more recently in the last year or two, I remember hearing Strip that down.
Louis’ album was R2’s album of the week and Two of Us/Kill My Mind were included in Radio 1’s playlists when they were pushed as singles.
Fair, we must have just cycled off Radio One at that point 🤣 any radio station 5 days a week is too repetitive, but it’s always interesting to see who they keep in rotation and who they don’t.

Reactions: 2
I always thought Louis’s song about Jay should have got more airtime but I think Fizzie passed away the week it was released so (obviously) there was little to no promotion. Such a poignant song though, it still makes me cry.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I always thought Louis’s song about Jay should have got more airtime but I think Fizzie passed away the week it was released so (obviously) there was little to no promotion. Such a poignant song though, it still makes me cry.
I’m not usually so affected by songs that I can’t always listen to them, but at times I have to skip Two of Us because it’s just so heartbreaking. It encapsulates such universal feelings about loss. Some of his songs are very underrated.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m not usually so affected by songs that I can’t always listen to them, but at times I have to skip Two of Us because it’s just so heartbreaking. It encapsulates such universal feelings about loss. Some of his songs are very underrated.
Two of Us, along with Never Grow Up by Taylor Swift are songs that I never want to hear again. Not because they’re bad, but because they’re so beautifully written and heart wrenching that they make me absolutely sob when I listen to them and I don’t want to face my feelings thank you very much 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I feel like this when I listen to any of the One Direction songs, and Louis's songs in particular. His lyrics are amazing and so succinct, he expresses himself so well. Harry's music for me is too complicated with different meanings in it, I haven't listened to any of Zayn or Nialls just yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I feel like this when I listen to any of the One Direction songs, and Louis's songs in particular. His lyrics are amazing and so succinct, he expresses himself so well. Harry's music for me is too complicated with different meanings in it, I haven't listened to any of Zayn or Nialls just yet.
I agree, Louis’ lyrics are very straight forward but also very clever.

Absolutely loved All of Those Voices! It was funny at times and so sad in others. The only criticism I have is it got a bit repetitive towards the end showing the clips from other countries of fans/the shows.

@ladyem did you and your daughter get to see it?

Absolutely loved All of Those Voices! It was funny at times and so sad in others. The only criticism I have is it got a bit repetitive towards the end showing the clips from other countries of fans/the shows.

I’m glad you loved it!
There’s a showing at 3pm on Saturday that I’m going to take her to. Fingers crossed!

• Heart

I just saw a clip on Tik tok of him and Freddie and it’s so sweet 🥹 I might need to pack tissues when I go to see it on Friday 🙈

• Heart
Can I ask what are the showings like, are they managed for lots of screaming girls. I'm seeing Louis on my own in November in Brighton and Im worried about this there too. Crowds scare me.

really random, but did we ever work out why Louis doesn’t get radio play?

in my office we have different stations on for 8 hours a day, I always hear Harry, very occasionally hear Zayn/Pillowtalk, Niall I hear another song like Slow Hands or his Anne-Marie collab once a day easy and now Heaven gets played ALOT.

But I’ve literally never heard a Louis song on the radio? I’ve not heard Liam either tbh but 😶. Steal My Girl and Story of My Life routinely still gets radio play on local stations too.
Because he's not pop enough for pop radio stations and not indie enough and not the right background for the indies. Despite having another 1 album and another in the top 5.... A radio promoter spoke about it on twitter before his last album was released when fans tweeted asking how it worked. Also bigger labels like sony etc buy the rotations out sometimes as well to promote their clients.

This is who Louis featured in his documentary??? He’s just deactivated his twitter after this recent attention from Louis’ fans. Disgusting.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
WOW. Yikes. That's...... disgusting, frankly. And definitely not a good look if Lou featured him in the doco.
This is who Louis featured in his documentary??? He’s just deactivated his twitter after this recent attention from Louis’ fans. Disgusting.

Nizam sounds like a man to be avoided at all costs. A nasty racist homophobic bigot. WTF is Louis doing having a friend like that?

Sorry but the tweet saying he would make fun of Harry but larries think they married is actually sending me 😭😭😭😭

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.