One Direction #6 God Only Knows Where 1D Did Go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else find this so unprofessional and embarrassing? It’s the one thing that puts me off him the most. The song was his own too, not even a 1D cover.

A2583B0A-CE24-4413-8CCF-43DF866B7745.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Does anyone else find this so unprofessional and embarrassing? It’s the one thing that puts me off him the most. The song was his own too, not even a 1D cover.

View attachment 2029381
Ngl a lot of people still blame the industry for why 1d were never taken seriously but stuff like this is the reason why they weren’t. Their concerts were so haphazard and disorganised with barely any rehearsal time (which wasn’t their faults most of the time since they were overworked) but they’ve had enough time to get better at creating a live show since then. It’s embarrassing to be over a decade into your career and still need the words to the songs you’ve written taped to the stage.

Reactions: 6
I mean that was from the new ablum .so he did that two day concert thing a few months ago and it was with his new songs which had just come out which is why he had them written down in case

I mean that was from the new ablum .so he did that two day concert thing a few months ago and it was with his new songs which had just come out which is why he had them written down in case
He does it all the time, and even so he should have been prepared regardless

Reactions: 5
Not to mention they used to be really unprofessional as a band as well (usually Louis) Eg live concerts.. not singing with the others but drinking tea in a mug, or stopping to randomly eat nachos while the others would carry on

Not to mention they used to be really unprofessional as a band as well (usually Louis) Eg live concerts.. not singing with the others but drinking tea in a mug, or stopping to randomly eat nachos while the others would carry on
I remember at the time thinking it was funny, but looking back it showed they just didn’t care!

Reactions: 5
When they were in 1D you can excuse it a little because they were still relatively young but, when you go and see an artist, you’d expect them to know the words to their own song, especially one they’ve written.

When they were in 1D you can excuse it a little because they were still relatively young but, when you go and see an artist, you’d expect them to know the words to their own song, especially one they’ve written.
It definitely became part of the 1D image, the childish, playful, messing around on stage.

Good for the managers because it meant they didn't waste time/money on choreographers/rehearsals etc. And meant more time for touring and working them to their knees.

Reactions: 4
Tbf i think they were just sick of it, I mean it was the same thing over and over again for a long time, and they couldn’t even leave their hotel most of the time so I understand why they looked uninterested sometimes

• Heart
Reactions: 3
He does it all the time, and even so he should have been prepared regardless
from what I’ve seen of him, and having worked with a lot of actors (and a husband) who have it, I have a sneaking suspicion he has ADHD. He has all the hallmarks of it and a bad short time memory is part of it. His sister Felicite had ADHD, I remember reading about it and it has a huge genetic component, so other siblings likely predisposed to it or have it to a lesser degree. My husband has it severely and his brother has it to a lesser degree. Seeing Louis in interviews he’s very shifty and bouncy and his eyes dart around a lot, he struggles to maintain eye contact unless really trying ..just a hunch x

Reactions: 2
Anyone who believes louis actually writes the songs is very naïve. He might throw in a line or two, but the majority of the songs will be crafted by his co-writers.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
tbh i think it’s so louis can engage with the audience
That's my feeling as well. I do think the first time was a genuine forgetful moment (artists do forget the lyrics sometimes) and then it worked its way into some very easy fan engagement. The crowds seemed to enjoy it & made signs throughout Louis' tour, kind of like a joke they were all in on. I'm of the opinion he plays into it.

I think he probably has ADHD. His constant movement and his lack of concentration when younger. It sounds like he is quite involved in lyric writing, to what degree who knows.

To throw my two cents in, as someone with pretty severe ADHD, I have notes and reminders literally everywhere, always. Even if I'm making a formulaic phone call for work that I make twenty times a day and I know the "script" I need to use and the answers to practically every question someone could ask, I still have my notes open in front of me the entire time. A lot of us do it, it gives peace of mind that just in case your brain fails in the middle of something you've done a thousand times, you've got backup. Also, can you even read papers on the ground in concert lighting? I honestly have no idea and have shite eyesight but I'd have to have approximately one word in 84 point font per page to actually read it lol.

Now I gotta make a sign before the concert in June....
---
I think he probably has ADHD. His constant movement and his lack of concentration when younger. It sounds like he is quite involved in lyric writing, to what degree who knows.
Not to mention the havoc he caused while younger, having trouble "playing nice", having a filter, being what someone at Radio 1 called a "little tit"....sounds like me before diagnosis. People with ADHD tend to get in a lot of trouble unless we are properly managing it. Not everyone, of course, but many.

Reactions: 2
To throw my two cents in, as someone with pretty severe ADHD, I have notes and reminders literally everywhere, always. Even if I'm making a formulaic phone call for work that I make twenty times a day and I know the "script" I need to use and the answers to practically every question someone could ask, I still have my notes open in front of me the entire time. A lot of us do it, it gives peace of mind that just in case your brain fails in the middle of something you've done a thousand times, you've got backup. Also, can you even read papers on the ground in concert lighting? I honestly have no idea and have shite eyesight but I'd have to have approximately one word in 84 point font per page to actually read it lol.

Now I gotta make a sign before the concert in June....
---

Not to mention the havoc he caused while younger, having trouble "playing nice", having a filter, being what someone at Radio 1 called a "little tit"....sounds like me before diagnosis. People with ADHD tend to get in a lot of trouble unless we are properly managing it. Not everyone, of course, but many.
This above - 100%. My husband has been fired from so many jobs, as literally has no filter (he's better now properly medicated). ADHD is extremely common in actors and performers as it can make them very watchable, as ADHD people can be incredibly creative and you never know what they are going to do next! Robbie Williams has severe ADHD and I think Chris Martin too. I'm sure I read somewhere Zayn also had it as a child .. I might be mistaken. People with ADHD often self medicate and can get into substance abuse easily - especially stimulants, like cocaine. They can also have high IQs despite not being traditionally 'academic'. Louis is obviously pretty bright; he plays it down a bit with all the swearing etc.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.