Niomi Smart #6 it’s smoothie bowl weather but they’re not together, feel new tea was the end of Joe’s tether

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let me tell you that this comment is highly inappropriate. You shouldn't stereotype and paint all men with one brush. I have been to India and specifically travelled in Mumbai and like everywhere in the world there are going to be good men and bad men. Maybe you're just naive and have a lot of growing up (and travelling once its safe!) To do...until then please keep your non factual opinions to yourself and base your views on evidence and truth. Ps i have seen my fair share of filthy disgusting white men too. Some Men are good and some men are bad and it doesn't depend on colour hun 😒
Truth. The most sexual harassment I’ve received is in Paris from white men.

I still wouldn’t go to India on my own without a man though. Because I’m a wimp.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think they are on a break. Otherwise, Joe would have deleted niomi’s pictures from his Instagram.. it’s been weeks now! Judging from her last video I have a feeling that they had an argument which led to a temporary breakup (still going on for now). The vibe I get from Niomi judging by her gazillion notebooks is that he complained about their relationship (maybe even saying stuff like : « if you can’t change, it’s over for now, I can’t keep up like that etc... »). And now she takes time working in herself and in a few months she’ll post a video saying she had made progress, she is feeling much better and she and joe are closer than ever..

Reactions: 6
Truth. The most sexual harassment I’ve received is in Paris from white men.

I still wouldn’t go to India on my own without a man though. Because I’m a wimp.
im so sorry you had to experience that.. I wouldnt go alone either... i wouldn't recommend going anywhere foreign alone with the world the way it is to be honest...yes harassment and violence against women may be high in some places but it really bothers me when some childish girls say ALL men of a certain country are the same. But then again it is 2020 and this year is trash so why am I even surprised 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with her demeanour. I’ve had messy splits in the past and handled things in a similar way. I’m an incredibly private person and I just can’t imagine sharing such private moments with millions of people. It’s no different from going to work in a 9-5 - game face on. Her day job is just a little different.

Reactions: 19
To be fair Joe never pretended to be happy ( certainly not the way Niomi always pretends)as his face alone gave away so much, I'm just surprised he proposed last year which kinda goes against his mannerisms and actions, maybe he felt guilty for taking her around the world to another country and thought it would make things better? But he's free to change his mind as is she, a proposal is just that, a proposal, not any guarantee, let's be real.
I think a proposal is a guarantee in a way. It's a promise, that you intend to marry that person and dedicate the rest of your life to them. It's a big deal for a reason.

As much as I do feel sympathy for Joe in that he probably didn't realise the extent of Niomi's control issues and the obvious effect it had on him during lockdown, he must have had some inkling previously and for that my sympathy wanes. If he had any doubts as to their compatibility then he should not have proposed. They did live together - admittedly not full-time - prior to his proposing. I'm sure lockdown was eye opening for him but if he had any doubts - and her behaviour has been like this for years now, we have talked about her eating/exervise for some time - then he should have not popped the question.

I imagine he proposed because it was the 'right thing' to do given the India move and they'd been together for several years to the point where in a serious and committed relationship you expect a proposal should come soon.

Reactions: 11
If he ended things out of the blue because he wasn’t happy then that’s on him for not communicating his feelings earlier.

He probably just got cold feet and is scared of the commitment.

I’m doubting he cheated now - she couldn’t be this positive and happy if he cheated. Being cheated on ruins you.
I think he fell out of love. I noted in this vlog.

12.59 she is saying she bought this photo for Joe and he says something in the background that I can't make out, but seems like he said something along the lines of "why" because she replies, 'Because I thought it looked like us!" so I sensed he was so over it all. No longer in love.

• Sad
I think they are on a break. Otherwise, Joe would have deleted niomi’s pictures from his Instagram.. it’s been weeks now! Judging from her last video I have a feeling that they had an argument which led to a temporary breakup (still going on for now). The vibe I get from Niomi judging by her gazillion notebooks is that he complained about their relationship (maybe even saying stuff like : « if you can’t change, it’s over for now, I can’t keep up like that etc... »). And now she takes time working in herself and in a few months she’ll post a video saying she had made progress, she is feeling much better and she and joe are closer than ever..
I don't think it is a break. Niomi wouldn't be moving by herself back to London, calling it "traumatic" etc, if it was just a break.

Reactions: 25
I think I have more sympathy for Joe because Niomi reminds me of someone I was with for a few years a bit. He used to show us off a lot on social media which I didn’t like but equally didn’t say much about it because it’s taken badly - I wasn’t trying to hide our relationship, which is what he implied when I brought it up one time, I’m just more private. And while I had minor doubts for a long time, I thought everything would work itself out and ultimately still cared so persevered. As you do when you’ve been with someone a long time.

Eventually though I snapped when we were on holiday - which was booked by me, my attempt at trying to get some time away, have fun and spend some time together to fix things, which is not how it went at all. I ended it and flew home early. Lots of people said that was cold and harsh and all the rest of it and why didn’t I tell him sooner, but I had tried and it was brushed off. ‘Why are you bringing this up and causing an argument, we’re so happy?’ Post another couple selfie on instagram while I’m baffled in the background at this response.

So, sorry for the OT story but I can totally see why this might’ve gone the way it has for Joe. Maybe he shouldn’t have proposed but maybe he didn’t realise, perhaps he had his lightbulb moment in the flat and it’s not always that cold and calculated to be honest. People are saying it’s disrespectful etc that he didn’t voice his feelings - we don’t know that’s the case, and if he did try to talk to her and she brushed it off that’s just as disrespectful in my view.

Reactions: 45
I would love for her to properly address it but considering how fresh it is, I don't think it's too weird to properly hold off from talking about it. Especially because it would make everything seem quite final. Hard to go back from there if they did get back together, which she might be hoping for. If I got dumped seemingly out of the blue, I'd probably still be in shock and not want to accept it's fully over.
I think she's behaving how most people behave, putting on a brave front to seem like she's doing fine and that there's still joy in her life without Joe. It's still clear she's going through a tough time, I think she's fairly explicit with it, more than a lot of other youtubers I've seen. But probably isn't ready to make it her "brand" yet. I'd much rather see that side to Niomi though and I hope she does loosen up a bit. I often feel like I'm watching a robot when I watch her videos, in a way it's quite soothing but I just end up falling in and out of her content.

Reactions: 18
To be fair Joe never pretended to be happy ( certainly not the way Niomi always pretends)as his face alone gave away so much, I'm just surprised he proposed last year which kinda goes against his mannerisms and actions, maybe he felt guilty for taking her around the world to another country and thought it would make things better? But he's free to change his mind as is she, a proposal is just that, a proposal, not any guarantee, let's be real.
Agree with all this, and I suspect she’s made things a lot worse for herself by thinking, as others suggested, that the ring on her finger locks the relationship down regardless of any issues they have. Like forget being engaged, even getting married doesn’t make you immune to being broken up with, people get divorced all the time. And let’s not forget he proposed almost a year ago now, it could easily be the case that he really wanted to marry her then. Lockdown has been a really weird time and shown people’s true colours as well as made people realise what they value and want. It’s been make or break for so many relationships and for a couple like Niomi and Joe who probably had quite a surface level, part time relationship anyway due to the differences in their work schedules, it just so happened to be break 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Agree with all this, and I suspect she’s made things a lot worse for herself by thinking, as others suggested, that the ring on her finger locks the relationship down regardless of any issues they have. Like forget being engaged, even getting married doesn’t make you immune to being broken up with, people get divorced all the time. And let’s not forget he proposed almost a year ago now, it could easily be the case that he really wanted to marry her then. Lockdown has been a really weird time and shown people’s true colours as well as made people realise what they value and want. It’s been make or break for so many relationships and for a couple like Niomi and Joe who probably had quite a surface level, part time relationship anyway due to the differences in their work schedules, it just so happened to be break 🤷🏻‍♀️
Totally, I have seen many couples including me going through breakup and divorce because of lockdown, but just had a realisation my ex broke up with after two months of being unemployed due to covid and his job demanded a lot of time away (he is an marine engineer and work in cruises) so that make him go in a spiral I wonder if for Joey finding himself jobless and unable to travel for work and do his normal life were actually the reasons for him to finish or he wasn't sure and the situation finished to convince him to finish it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Totally, I have seen many couples including me going through breakup and divorce because of lockdown, but just had a realisation my ex broke up with after two months of being unemployed due to covid and his job demanded a lot of time away (he is an marine engineer and work in cruises) so that make him go in a spiral I wonder if for Joey finding himself jobless and unable to travel for work and do his normal life were actually the reasons for him to finish or he wasn't sure and the situation finished to convince him to finish it.
I’m sorry to hear that :( I hope you’re okay.
Yes I agree, I think especially people furloughed or made redundant etc seem to be breaking up - could be as simple as actually having time to think and realising what you do and don’t want. Maybe he realised he really wants to work abroad again and knows she wouldn’t go (obvious from her comments in the videos) or maybe he just realised he didn’t like her as much as he thought when alone with her for months on end. If you’ve lost your job and then you’re stuck with Niomi’s almost toxic positivity, it’s enough to make anyone spiral. It is a horrible situation for her too, of course it is, but you can’t stay with someone you’re really not happy with out of politeness or whatever.

• Heart
I wish joe would do a sit down storytime. At this point anythings possible.

Loosing his job would have been a far bigger deal than he probably admitted. I hear a lot of couples divorce or want to when they both retire - really sad.

Reactions: 5
I agree with this. Maybe he shouldn't have proposed in hindsight, but every person is allowed to change their mind...even after marriage. As much as that sucks, it is true. It's not an iron clad agreement that forces people to remain if they're unhappy...at least, it certainly shouldn't be. If he simply realized he no longer wanted to be in the relationship, he's not at fault in this situation. It's unfortunate, but it happens all the time in real life (happened to me!). I don't know the guy, but he doesn't seem malicious, so I'm sure in retrospect, he probably wishes he hadn't proposed either, to save her the pain. But sometimes it just takes people a while to fully cotton on to our own feelings.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Let me tell you that this comment is highly inappropriate. You shouldn't stereotype and paint all men with one brush. I have been to India and specifically travelled in Mumbai and like everywhere in the world there are going to be good men and bad men. Maybe you're just naive and have a lot of growing up (and travelling once its safe!) To do...until then please keep your non factual opinions to yourself and base your views on evidence and truth. Ps i have seen my fair share of filthy disgusting white men too. Some Men are good and some men are bad and it doesn't depend on colour hun 😒
While it’s true that sexual harassment and assault sadly happens literally everywhere, there IS a specific problem in India with regard to an epidemic of street harassment and pervasive and unchecked assault. There are Indian women on the ground who are working tirelessly to make sure this is addressed, not brushed under the rug, and that systemic and social changes are made. It helps no one to, through misplaced nationalistic pride, pretend that this problem isn’t there or ‘it’s the same as anywhere!’. It’s not, unfortunately. Of course the way outsiders talk about India should be checked— they can be colonial, patronizing, and racist. But to tell the lie that walking as a single young woman through Indian streets alone is the same as anywhere else, that’s just an insult to the women who have been fighting for change, and renders them invisible.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
A proposal is kind of a big deal. that's why the ring should be of value (to show how much the man values the woman, usually 3 months salary) then if he breaks the contract (to marry) she gets the ring as compensation. If she breaks the contract then the ring is returned.
What? Have I woken up in 1950?

While I agree that the person who’s been dumped should keep the ring (I did, as it was a gift), I can’t believe there’s still this weird notion that a woman should be ‘valued’ by the price of her engagement ring. 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
If he ended things out of the blue because he wasn’t happy then that’s on him for not communicating his feelings earlier.
I don't think life comes with supermarket jar expiration dates on this kind of real life stuff, there is no due date to return promise on an engagement is there? Who ever said it that it was out of the blue, look at his face in the videos and vlogs mentioned. Something was amiss for sure, maybe he finally snapped.

What? Have I woken up in 1950?

While I agree that the person who’s been dumped should keep the ring (I did, as it was a gift), I can’t believe there’s still this weird notion that a woman should be ‘valued’ by the price of her engagement ring. 🙄
Yes, also sitting and waiting for the guy to propose to her cause that's what's so highly praised and achievable by so many ego's.. like any dude can propose to you and it's supposed to be the pinnacle of YOUR life lol... maybe it is but also maybe it really isn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.