Niomi Smart #6 it’s smoothie bowl weather but they’re not together, feel new tea was the end of Joe’s tether

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think on the last board people were saying it didn't sound like he lost his job but that they chose to go home - I wonder if he didn't actually lose his job at all, but Niomi pressured him to give it up so that they could go home? Would really make sense if this had happened and he started to resent her for it.
Yeah that would totally make sense!

Reactions: 10
B5593DDD-43B4-428A-8E49-5D02942E163D.jpeg

Is this yet another skincare ad for other brands? If so that’s her third in about as many weeks...what the hell is she playing at?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I think on the last board people were saying it didn't sound like he lost his job but that they chose to go home - I wonder if he didn't actually lose his job at all, but Niomi pressured him to give it up so that they could go home? Would really make sense if this had happened and he started to resent her for it.
I find this plausible. Niomi kept going on about the very difficult decision they had to make to come back home. If Joe had lost his job, I think returning to the UK could have been the natural course of events but if Joe, independently or not, had made the decision to quit in order to be able to return home during the pandemic, I think that would require a more challenging decision making process

Reactions: 12

Yel

Sure nims preach about how important organic skincare is for you and the planet #AD when you released some cheap ass petrochemical junk under your own name.

Oh does organic skincare only matter when you're paid to promote it and gifted a hotel stay :rolleyes:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I find this plausible. Niomi kept going on about the very difficult decision they had to make to come back home. If Joe had lost his job, I think returning to the UK could have been the natural course of events but if Joe, independently or not, had made the decision to quit in order to be able to return home during the pandemic, I think that would require a more challenging decision making process
Yeah exactly, also Niomi's reason was they wanted to come home to be near their families but during lockdown she wasn't allowed to see her family at all? I haven't seen mine since Christmas last year as where I live we are in another local lockdown, so it seems to me they may as well have stayed in India really. Think it was just a case of any excuse for her to come home though.

Reactions: 8
I have been following the threat a while now. I am a guy and i think i understand what has happened here, something which perhaps has been overlooked? Its apparent to me from the vlogs and i can relate it to my own relationship. Joe quite clearly broke up with niomi because he wasnt happy. Its wasnt her fault. And you shouldnt rely on someone to make you happy as it comes from self. He continued to see if it would pass not knowing what the problem was , questioning if it was being in a relationship with niomi or other things and it didnt (its a kind of sadness). After a long time trying things didnt get better. Lockdown was hard. The only thing joe could do to improve things for himself was to let her go. He needs the freedom to be doing exactly what he wants to be doing at any given time otherwise he aint happy. You have to actually want to be in the relationship 100%. Cant be half in half out otherwise it will never work. I recently broke up with my gf of almost 2 years on the same grounds. In the words of Alfie Deyes "Do more of what makes you happy". Its hard but i respect it. You have to do whats right for you at the end of the day. Not the other person. Some people say its selfish.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Late to the (smoothie bowl) party on this but this thread title is pure excellence.

Would simply love it if Nimbobs went on a wild acid trip and let her perfectly blowdried hair down. Thinking eating a bleeping cacao bite or a brazil nut covered in dark chocolate is naughty is shameful.

Loosen up Nimbs! Get some magic mushrooms down ya!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Aww love her fear mongering with organic skincare. In a world of finite resources, organic cosmetics is selfish. It is far more efficient to be able to use man-made compounds.

Can't expect much from an airhead. Shes probably busy brushing her hair instead of reading even one reputable scientific article.

Reactions: 9

Few days after getting engaged she says Joe is "practicing" fatherhood at 13:09

Aww love her fear mongering with organic skincare. In a world of finite resources, organic cosmetics is selfish. It is far more efficient to be able to use man-made compounds.

Can't expect much from an airhead. Shes probably busy brushing her hair instead of reading even one reputable scientific article.
Yeah all those tiny bottles are plastic!!

Reactions: 4
To be fair to her about the vegan thing, I’m sure she made a point of saying her diet is plant based but she’s not vegan, because she’s not an ethical vegan and strict in that way, but goes PB for health and sustainability reasons.

On a separate note, the stories today have a bit too much self love for my taste, full on smug mode and loving how she looks as she films *cringe*

Reactions: 6
I think I have more sympathy for Joe because Niomi reminds me of someone I was with for a few years a bit. He used to show us off a lot on social media which I didn’t like but equally didn’t say much about it because it’s taken badly - I wasn’t trying to hide our relationship, which is what he implied when I brought it up one time, I’m just more private. And while I had minor doubts for a long time, I thought everything would work itself out and ultimately still cared so persevered. As you do when you’ve been with someone a long time.

Eventually though I snapped when we were on holiday - which was booked by me, my attempt at trying to get some time away, have fun and spend some time together to fix things, which is not how it went at all. I ended it and flew home early. Lots of people said that was cold and harsh and all the rest of it and why didn’t I tell him sooner, but I had tried and it was brushed off. ‘Why are you bringing this up and causing an argument, we’re so happy?’ Post another couple selfie on instagram while I’m baffled in the background at this response.

So, sorry for the OT story but I can totally see why this might’ve gone the way it has for Joe. Maybe he shouldn’t have proposed but maybe he didn’t realise, perhaps he had his lightbulb moment in the flat and it’s not always that cold and calculated to be honest. People are saying it’s disrespectful etc that he didn’t voice his feelings - we don’t know that’s the case, and if he did try to talk to her and she brushed it off that’s just as disrespectful in my view.
I don’t think this is OT at all! Could be a very similar situation to how Joe felt. I don’t believe he is the kind of person who would ever mean to hurt her, I think he probably kept thinking it would work out but came to the sad realisation that it wasn’t meant to be

Reactions: 12
Now this could be looking into things way to much but I was re watching the moving to India vlog to see Joe's reaction to the cupboard that I didn't notice at the time. Just before peanut butter gate she is talking about some foil and Joe asks as a 'joke' do you even care but he can't seem to fake his tone. It's around 14:14.
Just shows all the little things we miss in people's vlogs until something happens im their lives.
I was thinking this - the clues were there all along! 🧐

Doesn't she have silk pillows? Because duck the silkworms boiled alive, it's good for Niomis skin and hair. I think this encapsulates her "veganism".
I didn't know this was how silk was made. Now don't like my silk pillowcases as much.

Reactions: 8
Ok so lets be clear I don't like her. There is something about her I can't put my finger on. Yes she is controlling, obsessed with food and being organise in general but...

I will never get why he broke up with her and yes if he did all of a sudden I believe her it must be traumatizing. He proposed just last December. Sorry that just few months ago. I have got a very strange feeling that its not her who is super controlling in the relationship but actually... him. When they moved back to uk maybe he promised not to turn the life upside down and move to India again and now all of a sudden he decided to go back? Watch the space. The calm, laid back guys are often controlling (in their own strange way). Not in a nasty way but maybe he said I'm going, up to you. I dislike her but... I feel sorry for the girl. Her life is a healthy lifestyle. She was leaning towards it since Marcus. She adapted to it and as much as controlling it may appear is good for your body to be eating healthy and regularly exercise. Joe knew that all when he met her. She went to India after him. Come on I wouldn't for any money in the world. She did and tried to make it home for them. Lets just be realistic. If all of a sudden he broke up with her for her lifestyle he is a di.... He met her the way she is now. Don't like it don't be with that person. Simple. There is something strange I really hope she doesn't hope they get back together and keep it all quiet...

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I don't doubt it. She definitely still often uses a calfskin bag and wears leather shoes.
yeh she is just vegan to follow her orthorexia and make it able for her to avoid lots of food, its not about being ethical or sustainable

Reactions: 17
Ok so lets be clear I don't like her. There is something about her I can't put my finger on. Yes she is controlling, obsessed with food and being organise in general but...

I will never get why he broke up with her and yes if he did all of a sudden I believe her it must be traumatizing. He proposed just last December. Sorry that just few months ago. I have got a very strange feeling that its not her who is super controlling in the relationship but actually... him. When they moved back to uk maybe he promised not to turn the life upside down and move to India again and now all of a sudden he decided to go back? Watch the space. The calm, laid back guys are often controlling (in their own strange way). Not in a nasty way but maybe he said I'm going, up to you. I dislike her but... I feel sorry for the girl. Her life is a healthy lifestyle. She was leaning towards it since Marcus. She adapted to it and as much as controlling it may appear is good for your body to be eating healthy and regularly exercise. Joe knew that all when he met her. She went to India after him. Come on I wouldn't for any money in the world. She did and tried to make it home for them. Lets just be realistic. If all of a sudden he broke up with her for her lifestyle he is a di.... He met her the way she is now. Don't like it don't be with that person. Simple. There is something strange I really hope she doesn't hope they get back together and keep it all quiet...
it’s not healthy to calorie restrict to that extent and expect your fiancé who is a fully grown adult man to eat the same portions/food as you though. Now we don’t know for sure if she controlled his diet to that extent, but even from vlogs we’ve seen she questioned him when he merely wanted some toast for breakfast lol. But agreed on the whole India thing, her moving for him etc
i don’t agree with the people saying he must have cheated, or something must have actually Happened because she said it was traumatising. A broken engagement is traumatising in itself, especially when you don’t expect it, and having to let go of an entire life/future you imagined and got attached to.

Reactions: 16
triesherbest - I find it really hard to believe that she could control that much of his eating habits, he is a grown up man. But of course its possible. And yes all the cheating thing, doesn't need to happen. Guys are like that, they don't usually communicate, it could have been as simple as...he didn't like something for a long period of time and all of a sudden walked out on her. They really don't care about consequences, broken hearts etc. How many guys literally ghosted girls I work with (talking here about online dating) its unreal. No explanation, nothing. She maybe doesn't want to talk about it for one and simple reason. Huge embarrassment.

Reactions: 5
triesherbest - I find it really hard to believe that she could control that much of his eating habits, he is a grown up man. But of course its possible. And yes all the cheating thing, doesn't need to happen. Guys are like that, they don't usually communicate, it could have been as simple as...he didn't like something for a long period of time and all of a sudden walked out on her. They really don't care about consequences, broken hearts etc. How many guys literally ghosted girls I work with (talking here about online dating) its unreal. No explanation, nothing. She maybe doesn't want to talk about it for one and simple reason. Huge embarrassment.
He is a grown man, but that doesn’t mean much imo when it comes to controlling behaviour in relationships. It manifests in so many ways, and tbh he seems like the type who wouldn’t want to say anything to annoy her or oppose her too much (that’s just my opinion but he might be completely different off camera!) to avoid arguments.... I think that’s quite common for some men in relationships.. so I think it’s possible he could’ve just eaten the same food and portions etc to please her.
And yeah agree on the second point

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.