Niomi Smart #6 it’s smoothie bowl weather but they’re not together, feel new tea was the end of Joe’s tether

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am watching her 'Get ready with me/London Vlog', it was 6 yrs ago, and I think she was still with Marcus. Her voice was soooo high pitched! I guess she was trying to be more like Zoe to fit the 'girl next door' and 'bff' thing. I am tempted to watch the Mumbai vlogs lol.

Reactions: 5
Yes, also sitting and waiting for the guy to propose to her cause that's what's so highly praised and achievable by so many ego's.. like any dude can propose to you and it's supposed to be the pinnacle of YOUR life lol... maybe it is but also maybe it really isn't.
Sadly I think for Niomi it probably is. I think it’s partly her mum/grandma’s influence as well as society generally.

Reactions: 9
I agree with everyone who thinks it’s batshit crazy she’s promoting Origins just ahead of her SmartSkin launch. 🙃 Niomi’s a lot of things but I’ve never considered her dumb. Couldn’t Gleam line up some makeup partnerships for her?🤷🏻‍♀️ And to think, I actually was considering getting her moisturizer just to be nice because I felt bad about her engagement ending. Forget that idea! 😉

Secondly, I wanna know what happened to the girl who said Niomi made her life hell in high school and was in talks with a journalist, too!

I can’t remember the poster, but please share! We’d all love to hear and it will keep the fennel tea HOT whilst we await more action on the breakup front 🤗🤗🤗

Reactions: 13
I agree with everyone who thinks it’s batshit crazy she’s promoting Origins just ahead of her SmartSkin launch. 🙃 Niomi’s a lot of things but I’ve never considered her dumb. Couldn’t Gleam line up some makeup partnerships for her?🤷🏻‍♀️ C’mon.

Secondly, I wanna know what happened to the girl said Niomi made her life hell in high school and was in talks with a journalist, too! I can’t remember the poster, but please share! We’d all love to hear and it will keep the fennel tea HOT while we await more action with the breakup 🤗🤗🤗
Yeah or plant-based food brand partnerships? She'd be 'perfect' for them surely? I don't get it.

Now this could be looking into things way to much but I was re watching the moving to India vlog to see Joe's reaction to the cupboard that I didn't notice at the time. Just before peanut butter gate she is talking about some foil and Joe asks as a 'joke' do you even care but he can't seem to fake his tone. It's around 14:14.
Just shows all the little things we miss in people's vlogs until something happens im their lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Now this could be looking into things way to much but I was re watching the moving to India vlog to see Joe's reaction to the cupboard that I didn't notice at the time. Just before peanut butter gate she is talking about some foil and Joe asks as a 'joke' do you even care but he can't seem to fake his tone. It's around 14:14.
Just shows all the little things we miss in people's vlogs until something happens im their lives.
He seemed kind of like a mopey musty mop.

Yeah she’s a type A level 999 vegan, but he stayed with her for a good while, long enough to know she was well, annoying? And extra? Weird dynamic. Who knows what was going on with them, and what was going through his head.

Reactions: 9
While it’s true that sexual harassment and assault sadly happens literally everywhere, there IS a specific problem in India with regard to an epidemic of street harassment and pervasive and unchecked assault. There are Indian women on the ground who are working tirelessly to make sure this is addressed, not brushed under the rug, and that systemic and social changes are made. It helps no one to, through misplaced nationalistic pride, pretend that this problem isn’t there or ‘it’s the same as anywhere!’. It’s not, unfortunately. Of course the way outsiders talk about India should be checked— they can be colonial, patronizing, and racist. But to tell the lie that walking as a single young woman through Indian streets alone is the same as anywhere else, that’s just an insult to the women who have been fighting for change, and renders them invisible.
There is a problem in india but to say all men there are a certain way is wrong AND racist and i hate the tone in which some people speak about different countries. Like I explained to a previous poster if you had bothered to read the thread I wouldnt go to any foreign place alone including India as that would also be naive. I have many Indian friends who I have spoken to about various problems before i went to travel there in a SENSITIVE manner. It doesnt help anyone when that tone is used and it just makes the person saying it sound extremely racist and that needs to be addressed because its 2020 and im not going to walk away from a comment that had racist undertones without checking the person 😒 anyway im.not expecting much from anyone on here and will not waste my energy explaining this anymore

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Yeah she’s a type A level 999 vegan.
She really is. I'm a vegan, and I've been watching her vlogs, and I've never realised how annoying it is to constantly go 'and it's ALL VEGAN", 'this is TOTALLY VEGAN', 'hey, guess what, this vegan thing I'm eating as a vegan... it's vegan! Because I'm vegan!'

Note to self... it is quite exciting when you discover new plant-based foods but I hadn't realised how 'duh' stating the obvious it comes across.

Reactions: 17
She really is. I'm a vegan, and I've been watching her vlogs, and I've never realised how annoying it is to constantly go 'and it's ALL VEGAN", 'this is TOTALLY VEGAN', 'hey, guess what, this vegan thing I'm eating as a vegan... it's vegan! Because I'm vegan!'

Note to self... it is quite exciting when you discover new plant-based foods but I hadn't realised how 'duh' stating the obvious it comes across.
Doesn't she still wear leather/silk/wool though?

Reactions: 7
Doesn't she still wear leather/silk/wool though?
I think it's highly unlikely given how much she goes on about sustainable/vegan/cruelty-free.

I know this is probably isn't the right forum for it but I would add that it is possible to have your own perimeters in place re veganism/cruelty-free that may not always be a 100% perfect record.To be vegan doesn't mean you don't slip up or make exceptions from time to time. However, I do think Niomi presents herself as on the extreme end of the spectrum so I understand why she may come as cross as occasionally hypocritical/inauthentic. But I do believe in doing as much as you personally can, and that it's up to you as the individual to decide what that is.

There is a problem in india but to say all men there are a certain way is wrong AND racist and i hate the tone in which some people speak about different countries. Like I explained to a previous poster if you had bothered to read the thread I wouldnt go to any foreign place alone including India as that would also be naive. I have many Indian friends who I have spoken to about various problems before i went to travel there in a SENSITIVE manner. It doesnt help anyone when that tone is used and it just makes the person saying it sound extremely racist and that needs to be addressed because its 2020 and im not going to walk away from a comment that had racist undertones without checking the person 😒 anyway im.not expecting much from anyone on here and will not waste my energy explaining this anymore
This is quite a misrepresentation of the person's post that you quoted though. She didn't say all Indian men are disgusting. She didn't actually even specify it was Indian men when she said 'disgusting men who might try to touch her.' Take your point but I didn't read it as being a racist post, I thought it was a criticism of Niomi for fetishising India and showing only a very limited and whitewashed experience of the country. She lived in a hotel seemingly with other expats and seemed surprised that India of all places had yoga and vegan food, didn't seem to make a huge effort to experience the full culture of a country she was going to live in which will inevitably come with the downsides too - I think it's this the poster was criticising?

Reactions: 17
My theory is Joe is a laid back guy, and pretty passive in the relationship (clear from how he acts in vlogs). They were perfect for eachother because they both ticked each others boxes - good looking, well off, in the right social circles etc. But ultimately they lacked any kind of real connection and chemistry.

Joe is clearly serious about his job and when the India opportunity came up they probably had a conversation about what it meant for their relationship, I wouldn’t be surprised if Joe went into that convo thinking they may even break up at that point. Niomi surprised him when she said she wanted to join him, especially as what she actually wants is to settle down and have a family in the UK. They probably discussed delaying their settling down plans for a couple of years so that they could live in India and therefore Niomi was making a big compromise for him. He probably hadn’t felt ready to propose at that point but because of family pressures, thinking it was the right thing to he went ahead and did it. The fact the whole process of choosing and making the ring was in India, it kind of indicates his thinking - that India would be a big part of their lives for the next few years so seemed appropriate.

Joe was clearly devastated that India got cut short, and even though Niomi said she was too I think she was secretly happy about it. They were now able to bring forward the wedding planning (all driven by Niomi) and part of Niomi may have thought that actually they could settle down sooner than she had expected. They were probably on completely separate pages and not communicating properly at this point in early lockdown. Moving in with Freddie should have been a red flag for Niomi because Joe knew wherever they lived in the UK would be temporary before they were off again. Niomi was naive, she had thrown herself back into work in the UK, started full on wedding planning and probably thought they were here to stay for the long haul. When discussing careers and Joe wanting to go abroad again, the cracks started showing and they realised they wanted different things and had different expectations of their lives together.

With Niomi saying it’s now time to ‘put herself first’ etc I think she’s referring to having to make compromises for Joe like moving to India and feeling like he didn’t make any big compromises for her like considering not going abroad. Joe probably then felt annoyed because he was making compromises everyday, not eating what he wanted to because Niomi was controlling, being filmed etc. It all made for an unhealthy relationship that ultimately wasn’t going to work. Joe was probably keeping a lot of these feelings to himself and then it all came out one day which made Niomi describe it as ‘traumatic’, she probably had no idea - living a little happy bubble because on paper she had everything she wanted again. No cheating involved in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Yel

Yes, yes and yes. She is only vegan with her diet.
Doesn't she have silk pillows? Because duck the silkworms boiled alive, it's good for Niomis skin and hair. I think this encapsulates her "veganism".

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Just read that niomi is 1m65 tall
I always thought she was shorter than me now I see myself in a whole other light 😂
We're the same height

I think she once emphasized that she is only plant based in her diet and do not consider herself vegan. Correct if I'm wrong

I don’t think it’s so complicated. I think Joe lost his job and fell into a depression. It’s too much of a coincidence that they broke up around the same time he lost his job.

I had a long term boyfriend of 3 years end our relationship because he lost his job. It caused him to completely spiral. He couldn’t be in a relationship because he felt he needed to get his life back on track on his own.

There’s a horrible news story in Australia right now about another man who worked in cricket like Joe. He also lost his job because of coronavirus and committed suicide this week because of it. Left behind his wife who is pregnant with triplets.

Losing your job can really mess with your mental health.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I don’t think it’s so complicated. I think Joe lost his job and fell into a depression. It’s too much of a coincidence that they broke up around the same time he lost his job.

I had a long term boyfriend of 3 years end our relationship because he lost his job. It caused him to completely spiral. He couldn’t be in a relationship because he felt he needed to get his life back on track on his own.

There’s a horrible news story in Australia right now about another man who worked in cricket like Joe. He also lost his job because of coronavirus and committed suicide this week because of it. Left behind his fiancée who is pregnant with triplets.

Losing your job can really mess with your mental health.
I think on the last board people were saying it didn't sound like he lost his job but that they chose to go home - I wonder if he didn't actually lose his job at all, but Niomi pressured him to give it up so that they could go home? Would really make sense if this had happened and he started to resent her for it.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.