Niomi Smart #55 Forky might have been Dr. Wiki but Lordon is Dr. Icky

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The more I think about it, the more fucked off I get that she expects to splash her wealth and privilege about the place in order to generate more wealth and privilege, and those of us who aren't quite so 'fortunate' should just lump it and allow such systems to continue? In fact, we should praise her for it or turn a blind eye? Yeah...those are not the only choices.

I don't think people should be sending private messages of harrassment. But frankly anything else, as long as it doesn't contain abusive language, could be construed as activism.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
However idyllic that terrace overlooking the rice paddy seems, all I can think about is how many mosquitos there must be. All that stagnant water is a breeding ground for them!

that kind of living is great for a holiday, (beach walk, coffee, gym, read a book, dinner out, early night) but she just seems in a constant state of trying to convince herself she’s happy. The repetition of “being kind to myself” “being more connected” just seems more than ever she’s lost and these phrases and routines just masking that she doesn’t have any sense of purpose.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
The more I think about it, the more fucked off I get that she expects to splash her wealth and privilege about the place in order to generate more wealth and privilege, and those of us who aren't quite so 'fortunate' should just lump it and allow such systems to continue? In fact, we should praise her for it or turn a blind eye? Yeah...those are not the only choices.

I don't think people should be sending private messages of harrassment. But frankly anything else, as long as it doesn't contain abusive language, could be construed as activism.
She’s a playground bully who vocally insists everyone has to be loyal to them but can’t give a f*ck how anyone else gets treated. I haven’t seen such manipulative behavior since my camp counselor days.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think that Tattle life is a safe place to talk freely about influencers and express ourselves as an alternative to bashing them on their posts, photos, videos... she should thank us :cool::p

But people who DM influencers to harass them is just incomprehensible to me... and honestly? I would believe it only if I see it ;) so give us the receipts Nimbobs 😎

Reactions: 35
Sooo…what even is her plan with Bali? Just to max out the amount of time she’s allowed to stay there on a tourist visa, go back to London and be sad, and then rinse and repeat? :rolleyes: It’s so pointless and unsustainable.

Also the whole travel-to-another-country-with-a-man is oddly reminiscent of when she went to India with her Ex and they broke up shortly afterwards. I hope this trip has a similar result and they breakup…

Reactions: 18
Her life in Bali looks really bloody boring.

Prancing around in a bikini, not going on your phone and only exercising and eating smoothie bowls would get really tedious after a while

Reactions: 29
I can hear the kids voices ringing in my ears: Karma means if you’re nice to me [Niomi] good things will come back to you

😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Bali where she met the creepy boyfriend?

This impulsive trip reeks of: We met on vacation, and it turns out we don’t like each other in our real lives, so we’re desperately trying to recreate that feeling by going back on vacation…forever.

Reactions: 37
What is she on? Mama Bali? Well, if this karma business works she’s not gonna be happy because all she puts out there is toxicity and negativity…
This whole aaaah-maz-ing spelling is paaahfect and beaudiful
1111C104-2EEA-4A26-AFCA-85749F50EF61.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Tattle has many users who only read the threads without ever participating. I think it’s often those lurkers who take what we write here and post it in comment sections or send dms to influencers. Most people who write on here seem happy to keep it on tattle (one of the main rules of this forum!), but sometimes I will read things in comment sections that have been taken almost word for word from a post, and in most cases I know it’s not the person who wrote it on tattle. Take the whole nail polish drama for example. We don’t know if it was someone from tattle who wrote to her about it, if it was a silent lurker, or someone who isn’t even from here but happened to notice the same weirdness about her first Bali pics. It’s still crazy that this whole episode that culminated in yesterday‘s post was started by the nail polish thing 😁

I have no problem believing that Niomi has been getting the occasional nasty message, sometimes probably from Tattlers. But I also think that like most influencers Niomi has zero frustration tolerance and coping mechanisms.

Reactions: 43
What is she on? Mama Bali? Well, if this karma business works she’s not gonna be happy because all she puts out there is toxicity and negativity…
View attachment 1903961
Omg can you imagine a Bali native reading this. "Colourful little boxes" omg.

Reactions: 23
"you get back what u give to the world" oh nimbobs I would be worried if I were you, considering all the tit you gave the world the last few days (litcherally and figuratively).

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Tattle has many users who only read the threads without ever participating. I think it’s often those lurkers who take what we write here and post it in comment sections or send dms to influencers. Most people who write on here seem happy to keep it on tattle (one of the main rules of this forum!), but sometimes I will read things in comment sections that have been taken almost word for word from a post, and in most cases I know it’s not the person who wrote it on tattle. Take the whole nail polish drama for example. We don’t know if it was someone from tattle who wrote to her about it, if it was a silent lurker, or someone who isn’t even from here but happened to notice the same weirdness about her first Bali pics. It’s still crazy that this whole episode that culminated in yesterday‘s post was started by the nail polish thing 😁

I have no problem believing that Niomi has been getting the occasional nasty message, sometimes probably from Tattlers. But I also think that like most influencers Niomi has zero frustration tolerance and coping mechanisms.
I've seen whole paragraphs I've written on the Gabby Lindley thread copied and pasted under her videos before. There's some real weirdos out there. Influencers/their disciples assume it's people on Tattle doing this when actually I personally haven't followed Niomi, or the other influencers whose threads I contribute on here, for years and sometimes never did, and would never engage with them on social media anyway.

Influencers like Niomi and Em Sheldon also adopt a very thin notion of 'bullying/harassment' etc. If any of them actually receive death threats or something tantamount to threats to their safety, threats of sexual violence etc then they absolutely should report it to the police, but the government is never going to stop people commenting in what Niomi thinks is a 'negative' manner because...free speech. If she wants a space where people just mollycoddle her and blow smoke up her arse then an influencer career is not for her, she could make her accounts private and weed out people who comment in a way she doesn't like, she seems to forget this is her JOB and not just a hobby that she gets paid obscene amounts for. Personally I can't feel sorry for her anymore, she's just so obnoxious.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I've seen whole paragraphs I've written on the Gabby Lindley thread copied and pasted under her videos before. There's some real weirdos out there. Influencers/their disciples assume it's people on Tattle doing this when actually I personally haven't followed Niomi, or the other influencers whose threads I contribute on here, for years and sometimes never did, and would never engage with them on social media anyway.

Influencers like Niomi and Em Sheldon also adopt a very thin notion of 'bullying/harassment' etc. If any of them actually receive death threats or something tantamount to threats to their safety, threats of sexual violence etc then they absolutely should report it to the police, but the government is never going to stop people commenting in what Niomi thinks is a 'negative' manner because...free speech. If she wants a space where people just mollycoddle her and blow smoke up her arse then an influencer career is not for her, she could make her accounts private and weed out people who comment in a way she doesn't like, she seems to forget this is her JOB and not just a hobby that she gets paid obscene amounts for. Personally I can't feel sorry for her anymore, she's just so obnoxious.
Yeah I think physical threats she should definitely report to the police, and she should also block people who just leave cruel messages that are only intended to be hurtful. But she makes money from the people who follow her and engage with her posts, it doesn't make sense to me why she labels constructive feedback as hate and blocks people for it.

Like she started her career as a sustainable vegan influencer and the people who followed her for that are right to feel disenfranchised she's now flying every month and eating meat. Yet if you say that you just get the whole "well unfollow, she can do what she wants." I guess she can but to not even address it or people's comments on it suggests she doesn't value the people who led to her popularity and made it a career in the first place.

Reactions: 18
View attachment 1903961
Lol thanks for the screenshot.

Ugh, Niomi is the definition of “Pics or It Didn’t Happen.” It’s not meditative or healing if you’re literally only doing it so you can post about it later on Instagram. She’s just doing all of this to say she did it.

I also think it’s hilarious how she’s trying to have a profound “Eat Pray Love” writing moment, but there are a ton of grammatical errors in the caption. :ROFLMAO:

I‘m also getting British colonizer vibes…the description is like a cringey 1800s anthropological study. I’m surprised she hasn’t whipped out her khaki dress yet (the one she wore in India).

Reactions: 25
View attachment 1903961
I don't know much about religions, but I value respect and tolerance very very much. Isn't this whole thing above, like, textbook cultural appropiation ?! Literally! "Praying to the gods", "colourful offerings", that's not your culture! It just looks pretty to her. She makes it sounds like these are her beliefs

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.