Niomi Smart #5 Onwards, upwards, but not Woodwards

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all,

I just wanted to present my theory of what happened based on what I've read in these threads, her Instagram posts and YouTube videos. It's essentially creative writing because it's all based on speculation but let me know what you think.

So it's possible Joe just lost his job because of COVID but I think it's also possible he was pressured to quit his job by Niomi and possibly both their families so that they were back in the UK closer to them. I can see Niomi wanting to be back on UK soil during such a uncertain time. If he quit, maybe it was at a bad time, maybe it was just before the IPL was moved Dubai or he sacrificed moving with the team to go with Niomi's wishes to be in the UK. I think Joe has or at least feels he has sacrificed a career opportunity for himself and he feels like he did it for Niomi. (I am not putting her for this, if I were in her shoes, I personally would want to go back home too)

We have been seeing news of the IPL moving to Dubai in this thread, so maybe this is what has brought on these negative thoughts for Joe when he sees it on his LinkedIn or on the news or even former colleagues. He regrets leaving the role after months of being unemployed and stuck at home. After seeing news IPL start up again without rehiring him, he regrets his decision and associates this bad decision with Niomi and didn't want to be with her anymore.

At the same time, maybe there was tension with Freddie in the same house, and he he used that as an excuse to suggest she take a break and go to her parents to get some rest and self care(maybe even suggested he would join her in a few days)

01/08 - The last post that Joe liked and it's a post of her going back home to Sussex. I feel like Niomi is the kind of girl who maybe expects Joe to like her photos and asks questions when he doesn't give it a like. He's keeping her happy until she's out of their apartment

I feel like by this point, he's brought up issues in their relationship and his feeling of regret about moving back from India. Maybe she points out that she made sacrifices to move to India for his job. It's possible he brought up her career and that he doesn't really consider it a proper job/career like the one he had.

03/08 - Niomi uploads a video 'Honest chat about "INFLUENCERS"' which looks like it's filmed in Joes flat. I remember she was trying to say shes not like other influencers and saying that her intention is not to sell her audience anything. This is completely incorrect, she is constantly naming brands and as many people on the old thread (https://tattle.life/threads/niomi-s...e-to-put-joes-fennel-teabag-back.7260/page-13) brought up, she purposely put in lots of ads on the video. What she was saying made no sense because almost every video she is promoting products and she had ad revenue from youtube too and she even talks about her skin care line shes's releasing. Her main source of income is from promoting products from other brands. Is she in denial or delusional about what she does for a living? Is she blatantly lying and just being a phony? I think Joe watched this and may have called her out on this and this caused major offense to her.

This is when she takes a few days off and uploads post on 06/08 two posts on 07/08 and an IGTV on 08/08 without Joe liking them. Maybe she saw so many posts go unliked by him, she initiates a conversation with him and they get into their final fight before she posts about taking a break from social media on 09/08 which I am assuming is the day they broke off the engagement. I think their relationship is over then or within a few days from that.

I agree with what other people are saying, I feel like Joe has said something to her that was really offensive to her. I think he doesnt respect what she does anymore and has only recently realised this and told her his opinion. I feel like it would be very traumatic for the love of your life to tell you that what your doing and have been doing for over 6 years is wrong and then break up with you (especially when they were with you and in her posts and videos for ~4 years).
I also thought he might have been pressured to leave the job in India because back in March things seemed even worse than they turned out to be, everyone seeing the videos of people dying in the streets in China, then Italy happened...

Reactions: 9
Yes, this makes sense! Back in March when they left it hadn’t all gone totally mental with Corona yet. They apparently discussed it at length one night and booked flights for the next day as they ‘had to be with family’. So it wasn’t that Joes job was gone, or his work sent him home, it sounds like it was a decision outside of a work context. So maybe he had to quit his job to leave. Niomi seemed pretty oblivious to the stress to her poor fiancé being jobless by Covid, maybe a lot of resentment brewed there?

So I just spent an hour doing this :ROFLMAO: don't come for me
Smoothie bowl weather
Now THIS is the quality content that I come to Tattle for. Bravo!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Niomi Smart #6 Birds of a feather, flock together and also eat smoothies in smoothie bowl weather

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I’m not a fan of her constant need to portray a perfect life either but I do hope for her sake this is all for show. There’s nothing wrong with feeling like tit after your fiancé leaves you. The next 12 months don’t need to be the best of your life when all of your plans have changed overnight. Saying you’re so strong / empowered / excited for the future more than ever doesn’t make it true. Just take a breather.

Like people have pointed out, their relationship was probably very surface level but everything is very surface level for her unfortunately and I don’t think she really gets what it’s like to actually live. She’s so out of touch (which is very privileged of her) but also she’s not adding any substance to her own life. She’s a walking contradiction of values, she has “fun days” just so she can create content from it, her hobbies are monetised so they’re not really hobbies, her relationships clearly aren’t as perfect as she portrays and would like them to be, like most of us she has some things in her life that she needs to come to terms with but she won’t because it’s ‘offbrand’. She’s made herself and her life a brand that nobody asked for or really wants...it’s just all a bit sad.

I hope she finds a way to actually feel the way she has portrayed herself for years but I think that’s a big ask.
This is all so true! It’s all a facade. More and more I think that the life of an influencer/youtuber is so sad. Everything is just to portray an image, nothing is real

One thing I think is weird is that, whist Joe does come across as shy, he did often act up for her on Instagram and YouTube. If he really hated it, he could have asked to be filmed less/had a private Instagram.

If it was her fame that he really hated then why is he continuing to use his Instagram with all it’s Niomi content and 40k ish followers? That post about Chadwick Boseman wasn’t exactly necessary (not to be controversial but you don’t have to write a social media post to your followers to be truly sad someone has died). I feel like we give him too much credit, he seems happy to get a career boost from his father and now Niomi.

Reactions: 14
In my opinion Joe just fell out of love with her, as simple as that! nothing bad or traumatic have happened, he just realised they were not good for each other. So he broke up with her and that was a big shock for her. "why Joeyyyyyy, we never argued, we had this perfect life eating smoothie bowls, so WHY are you leaving me, WHY???" Thats why she calls it "traumatic", cause it shocked her, she didn't see it coming, she was planning their wedding and now the wedding is off!

She may have seen that he was miserable lately, but she was probably blaming lockdown for it and him being without a job etc.

Reactions: 23
For fucks sake, her mum’s house is sooo bloody nice! 😂 have you guys seen the size of that bath?!

I get it, she’s heartbroken and if you’re sad then you’re sad wherever you are, but my last breakup I was living in a flat above a kebab shop with a moth eaten carpet and mouldy bathroom.. and I know where I’d rather be moping around, lighting candles and looking at the moon!

(I live somewhere nicer now you’ll be pleased to hear)

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Right I'm not sure if this is a weird comparison to make but I thought I would just share. Personally, when I look at how Niomi is behaving online and read your comments on here about it, it really reminds me of a phase Ariana Grande went through - strange comparison I know!

About 2 years ago, Ariana broke up with her boyfriend of 2 years, Mac Miller. And then she jumped straight into a new relationship (I know Niomi hasn't done this... yet) and got engaged 4 weeks later. The part that reminds me of Niomi is that she spent the next few months telling anyone who would listen how incredibly happy she was and how amazing her new relationship is. (It was so obvious, at least to me, that her new fiancee was just a rebound and she was clearly living in denial). I feel like Niomi is doing the same thing - telling anyone who will listen (in her Instagram comments) how she's doing just fine and trying to give the impression she's so much better without him. I think that (like Ariana) she's doing this because she's trying to convince herself of this more than anyone else. She thinks the more she says it, the more it will be true.

Reactions: 7
The problem with your job being entirely about your personal life is that when your personal life is a mess (e.g. you get dumped) you have to share it all with your followers. She could take a break, and just chill, but I suspect that Niomi is too obsessed with maintaining her image of perfection, so taking a break would be saying that she isn't coping.

Also, influencers always have this bizarre desire to put a positive spin on whatever happens to them, to maintain the enviable angle that we are all supposed to view their lives. So we're supposed to envy Niomi despite the fact that she's just been dumped, because she's now free to grow into being a better person, she's now doing whatever she wants to do, she's now enjoying a new chapter in her life. Except the reality is: being dumped SUCKS. It's devastating and heart breaking. Even just not being able to wear your cherished engagement ring any more, all the wedding planning that won't be happening or needs to be cancelled, all the hopes for the future, a family, a life together - GONE, because the other person decided they don't want you any more. It's horrific. And a bit like when people in the public eye say 'We are separating with love' and similar BS when they split up, Niomi has to make this all about how perfect her life is, rather than saying 'yeah actually I feel like sh*t and I'm really suffering.' She would be 100% more relatable if she just admitted when things were bad.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Yel

Her last accounts showed her buisness has £440'000 in cash end of tax year 2019. It's probably way more than that now and of course that excludes all the wages and dividends she's paid herself.

She's incredibly fortunate she could take many years off from "working", other people go through cancer and bereavement and have no choice but to carry on with the daily grind.

Reactions: 23
I know we’re about two seconds away from people coming in this thread like I dOnT sEe AnYtHiNg WrOnG and JoE iS a GrOwN mAn! type stuff but wow she was indeed extremely controlling and it really wouldn’t surprise me if this is in fact what ended it. I’m sorry but WHO says about their boyfriend’s hair that “WE haven’t done something with this” and so on... literally so many other examples. I’m starting to come around to the belief that she did in fact see this coming and part of her OTT behaviour this last year was her trying to force the relationship forward when it was falling apart.

EXACTLY!!!

Reactions: 1
One thing I think is weird is that, whist Joe does come across as shy, he did often act up for her on Instagram and YouTube. If he really hated it, he could have asked to be filmed less/had a private Instagram.

If it was her fame that he really hated then why is he continuing to use his Instagram with all it’s Niomi content and 40k ish followers? That post about Chadwick Boseman wasn’t exactly necessary (not to be controversial but you don’t have to write a social media post to your followers to be truly sad someone has died). I feel like we give him too much credit, he seems happy to get a career boost from his father and now Niomi.
Excellent point, he could have easily made his Instagram private if being so public bothered him.

Reactions: 11
Some really great observations. It didn't occur to me that Joe might have resigned from his role to return to the UK but makes total sense given the season is about to resume and he's not in Dubai. There's been a lot of comment about the sacrifices Niomi made to go to India but I just don't see it, it was a huge opportunity to add 'on brand' content to her very dull channel and she was holed up in Soho House with the prospect of a fabulous beach side apartment to look forward to. I would think that Joe would have been devastated to leave what he considered his dream job, so yes seeing it all go ahead without him would be likely to stir up a lot of emotion.

Reactions: 13
I definitely don’t think she wants him back— well in some part of the grief there’s a desire to have that love back I’m sure— but she’s made pretty clear from the start that she is done with that chapter and obviously feels betrayed.

However I don’t agree that the new age guru stuff is harmless fun tbh, I think very often it exploits people’s difficulties in order to attain considerable investments of their money (people genuinely shell out money for rocks that they on some level DO believe are healing crystals), time, and emotion. It’s preying on people’s need to believe they can control their lives in areas where sadly you can’t. (Sound familiar with Niomi as a self professed control freak? She couldn’t control Joe’s love for her or her own happiness in the end, so she is attempting to find a source of control and explanation for that).

I also believe it‘s especially harmful when it couples with pseudoscience around health, and tbh after researching this for an assignment back in 2017 I really don’t believe you can extract this exploitation from the industry in all its variations today. ALSO I think a lot of people say ‘it’s fun’ as a bit of a front to try and make the skeptics or questioners seem crazy or overly invested when in reality they really do believe a lot of it is genuinely true and will invest their money in it time and time again, which emboldens the charlatans sadly.
yeh i agree, its the same with fortune tellers. some people waste a fortune calling those fone lines

Reactions: 3
Right I'm not sure if this is a weird comparison to make but I thought I would just share. Personally, when I look at how Niomi is behaving online and read your comments on here about it, it really reminds me of a phase Ariana Grande went through - strange comparison I know!

About 2 years ago, Ariana broke up with her boyfriend of 2 years, Mac Miller. And then she jumped straight into a new relationship (I know Niomi hasn't done this... yet) and got engaged 4 weeks later. The part that reminds me of Niomi is that she spent the next few months telling anyone who would listen how incredibly happy she was and how amazing her new relationship is. (It was so obvious, at least to me, that her new fiancee was just a rebound and she was clearly living in denial). I feel like Niomi is doing the same thing - telling anyone who will listen (in her Instagram comments) how she's doing just fine and trying to give the impression she's so much better without him. I think that (like Ariana) she's doing this because she's trying to convince herself of this more than anyone else. She thinks the more she says it, the more it will be true.
I think most of Niomi's posts now are a PR strategy to make the most (sales) out of the current situation. Those full moon stories were just shilling a bunch of products.

It doesn’t taste a thing like Mac and Cheese, but if you think of it as a pasta dish with a creamy sauce it’s so good! (Obligatory “my boyfriend loved it too”)
you see this is the aspect that annoys me, why try to make it something it's not? just say vegan pasta with blablabla.. why call it mac and cheese?

I don’t think anyone would get the impression from her stories that she’s doing amazing and we should be jealous? She said in her video it was traumatic and seemed very upset. Her Instagram is also the same. Her comments about it being a shitstorm, her crying selfie and her needing self care etc. I dunno it’s pretty clear she’s going through it but I think she’s handling it pretty normally. In fact I think she’s been more vulnerable than others for someone who’s in the public eye. I think she’s trying to appreciate the small things and see the small positives in her life right now and she doesn’t want to look like a complete mess. For her audience and for Joe and Joe’s family who will always have access to her content.

Reactions: 16
Okay so call me obsessed but I’ve been rewatching some videos of hers lately and I’ve been intrigued by some stuff. 1/ in her moving together vlog she talked about an apt tour and it never happened. In many videos she just brushes it off saying her sofa wasn’t the one she liked and her decoration not being perfect but in my opinion, joe did not want her to film their home and maybe wanted to keep some privacy.
2/ I feel like there had been many more down moments in her relationship than she would like us to know (very normal but then, don’t say that you’ve never ever had the tiniest argument with your partner). For example, on her video « huge life update + q&a » she seems very depressed but of course, she had to say that it was hormonal and that joeyyyy was peeeeerfect. It was shortly after they moved in together, my take on that is that she realised he works long hours and they had arguments about it and that perfect life where they blend into one person doing everything together could not happen. I think it has been going pretty poorly for years!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.