Niomi Smart #2 Glitch in the Gleam Bot, I'll just have to put Joe's fennel teabag back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's doing the exact same thing and consuming just as much, she's just changed the brands. She couldn't actually change her lifestyle to be less consumerist because it is her career and existence to shop and be a walking advert. Her skincare tips are about what products to buy, her recipes and cooking are more about vegan snack brands and supplement powders than real food, and her running tips are about buying new gear to reward yourself. What an empty life.

Reactions: 8
New video—- someone compared her to another influenza and she felt they were saying that person was better than her?? (At being an influenza?) She doesn’t see herself as an influencer 🤔 and seems to be having an existential crisis? But is launching a new business so doubting she’ll stop youtube

I don’t know how Niomi can even claim she started all and never thought it would be a job. She didn’t do any blogging for the fun of it like the originals did back in the day, she went straight into full time paid blogging and YouTube off the back of Marcus and the already formed Brit crew.

Reactions: 12
So many thoughts about this new video!!!!

Does she know the definition of influencer?! To claim she isnt one is very strange, and also to say that shes not a proper influencer because she's found a niche and doesnt accept brand deals that doesnt fit in with her brand... Isn't that the definition of a GOOD influencer? She lives with a chief marketing officer of a company, and its her JOB, you'd think she knows?

Reactions: 6
Just tuning into this video...thank god it's not a what I eat or some other insipid video (maybe I'll be eating my words?)

Btw for anyone wondering about her teeth - idk why she's put that video private, but she had Invisalign and then she had I think one veneer on that really tiny tooth she had that was just too small for the rest of them. Plus whitening. You can tell as well because the front ones are getting discoloured compared to the others.

[e1] noticed she's finally dropped under 1.6mil followers!

Reactions: 3
I don’t know how Niomi can even claim she started all and never thought it would be a job. She didn’t do any blogging for the fun of it like the originals did back in the day, she went straight into full time paid blogging and YouTube off the back of Marcus and the already formed Brit crew.
I remember one of her early videos literally saying after her law degree she wanted a more creative career so set up you tube.... anyone else remember this??

Reactions: 2
I remember one of her early videos literally saying after her law degree she wanted a more creative career so set up you tube.... anyone else remember this??
Yup. Aka 'Marcus was already earning a tonne doing this so I followed suit.'

She sounds so incredibly naive in this. The gist of it so far is - it's not 'all fun and games' anymore, and she doesn't like it because influencers are being held to account for what they do now. No job is going to be 'all fun and games.' This is basically just a massive whinge that people expect influencers so have some level of business integrity and treat it as a proper job now - when they've been paid for it all along and so should've done that from the off. Poor little Niomi, my heart bleeds. I wonder if Joe's family have had some influence it this, it sounds like she's gearing up to get off Youtube (thank God) bet it'll be around the time of the wedding. Joe clearly hates being on camera and won't want all their family life on camera all the time I expect.

Reactions: 10
Yup. Aka 'Marcus was already earning a tonne doing this so I followed suit.'

She sounds so incredibly naive in this. The gist of it so far is - it's not 'all fun and games' anymore, and she doesn't like it because influencers are being held to account for what they do now. No job is going to be 'all fun and games.' This is basically just a massive whinge that people expect influencers so have some level of business integrity and treat it as a proper job now - when they've been paid for it all along and so should've done that from the off. Poor little Niomi, my heart bleeds. I wonder if Joe's family have had some influence it this, it sounds like she's gearing up to get off Youtube (thank God) bet it'll be around the time of the wedding. Joe clearly hates being on camera and won't want all their family life on camera all the time I expect.
I cannot even be bothered to watch her videos anymore... omg niomi so sad for you that something you consider a full time job isn’t easy! God all the people redundant/on hugely reduced salaries must be feeling terrible for you%!! Omg how gone deaf can she be 🙄

Reactions: 8
I cannot even be bothered to watch her videos anymore... omg niomi so sad for you that something you consider a full time job isn’t easy! God all the people redundant/on hugely reduced salaries must be feeling terrible for you%!! Omg how gone deaf can she be 🙄
I wouldn't bother. The long and short of it was:
-Youtube isn't the same anymore, back when she started it was super fun and now everyone leaves mean comments that hurt her
-She doesn't think she's an 'influencer' because she isnt willing to shill brands that don't align with her 'ethos'
-She thinks other people might be doing the shilling 'better' than her (but this is all said in quite a derogatory way - that isn't her and she can't pretend it is her)
-But then equally, because she doesn't see herself as one of these awful soulless influencers who will sell tooth whitening machines for money, she isn't sure where her space in the influencing world is anymore or if there is one at all
-Has a company launching in September that she thinks is where all this Youtube career stuff has taken her and it's 'where she's meant to be'
So sounds like she's hoping the business will take off and she will quit Youtube I guess?

Is the business just this vegan skincare stuff? Because that market is so oversaturated and by people who actually know what they're talking about. Her skin is terrible and she has no expertise in skincare, I would not buy anything. What I would probably consider buying from her would be some kind of running coach app to get to run a marathon, and that's about it.

I wouldn't bother. The long and short of it was:
-Youtube isn't the same anymore, back when she started it was super fun and now everyone leaves mean comments that hurt her
-She doesn't think she's an 'influencer' because she isnt willing to shill brands that don't align with her 'ethos'
-She thinks other people might be doing the shilling 'better' than her (but this is all said in quite a derogatory way - that isn't her and she can't pretend it is her)
-But then equally, because she doesn't see herself as one of these awful soulless influencers who will sell tooth whitening machines for money, she isn't sure where her space in the influencing world is anymore or if there is one at all
-Has a company launching in September that she thinks is where all this Youtube career stuff has taken her and it's 'where she's meant to be'
So sounds like she's hoping the business will take off and she will quit Youtube I guess?

Is the business just this vegan skincare stuff? Because that market is so oversaturated and by people who actually know what they're talking about. Her skin is terrible and she has no expertise in skincare, I would not buy anything. What I would probably consider buying from her would be some kind of running coach app to get to run a marathon, and that's about it.
Thanks for the recap, no way I’ll be watching ! Land Rover or whatever gas guzzling car was def in her “ethos” I guess? So she’s not an influencer. But then says she is? Without YouTube any product she launches won’t be a success anyway as whatever the product is will basically just be glorified merch for her YouTube fans to buy

Reactions: 6
Is she really so unaware? She doesn't see herself as someone who just sells, sells, sells to their audience... I do. I see her as a walking ad. She's constantly selling.

She said advertising what dress to buy on the high street is just "not her". She literally has a dress ad a couple posts ago on her instagram, just adding the word sustainable and £300 to the price tag. The ethos is the same Niomi, you are an advert. She said she would never shill teeth whitening products, talking like it was a dirty word with her mouth full of veneered whitened fake teeth.

She said she is someone who needs a creative outlet. Girl where? I think vlogging can be very creative. I don't think filming your porridge then paying someone else to edit it for you is creative. She doesn't take any of her instagrams, Vlogmas showed she even pays someone to do bloody flat lays for her. She flounces around fields in £300 dresses and thinks it's creative. Maybe her ripped off pinterest cooking counts as creative? I genuinely just see her as good at consuming, someone whos life is all about brands and products. She turns sustainability into shopping for bouigie new brands and didn't know veganism was big in India because in her head it's all about buying acai bowls in London.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
What a boring video, I still have about 5-10 mins left.

"I just think... I just think I care too much? About my followers." Please, Niomi.

"I worry I won't stay ahead of the curve because I don't care about selling." Actually, you do care a lot about selling and that much is clear. Also, you won't stay ahead of the curve because you are s o o o o f r e a k i n g b o r i n g!

Is there any chance she found this forum and made this video off the back of this...?

[Edit] OK, I got to the end -- is this all a big ad for her ridiculous skincare venture?

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
- Talks about how her collars must be aligned with her values
- She talks about her collab with L’Occitane

... doesn’t L’Occitane test on animals? She needs to stop identifying herself as vegan

EDIT -I just looked it up and apparently L’Occitane is very anti animal testing, I didn’t know that! I still think she needs to stop saying vegan coz she still eats honey and presumably wouldn’t mind wool / leather

Reactions: 3
Is she really so unaware? She doesn't see herself as someone who just sells, sells, sells to their audience... I do. I see her as a walking ad. She's constantly selling.

She said advertising what dress to buy on the high street is just "not her". She literally has a dress ad a couple posts ago on her instagram, just adding the word sustainable and £300 to the price tag. The ethos is the same Niomi, you are an advert. She said she would never shill teeth whitening products, talking like it was a dirty word with her mouth full of veneered whitened fake teeth.

She said she is someone who needs a creative outlet. Girl where? I think vlogging can be very creative. I don't think filming your porridge then paying someone else to edit it for you is creative. She doesn't take any of her instagrams, Vlogmas showed she even pays someone to do bloody flat lays for her. She flounces around fields in £300 dresses and thinks it's creative. Maybe her ripped off pinterest cooking counts as creative? I genuinely just see her as good at consuming, someone whos life is all about brands and products. She turns sustainability into shopping for bouigie new brands and didn't know veganism was big in India because in her head it's all about buying acai bowls in London.
Yes 100% this! This whole video came across to me like she's criticising the ~ industry because other people shill cheap tat whereas she won't do that, she only shills expensive stuff. Like sorry Niomi just because you're selling expensive dresses you're still selling stuff, and it's not our fault that we can't all afford to spend £300 on ugly dresses. Comes across very out of touch, I also don't think she understands her audience that well tbh - she keeps saying 'it's not authentic/useful to you if I sell (cheap tat)' but when she started her channel aka when she got most of her audience she was a university student on a much lower budget? And as her selling has ~ progressed i.e. she's now selling very expensive stuff, her audience numbers/engagement is DROPPING. So obviously this isn't what people want.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
You guys just don’t understand how principled Niomi is....She doesn’t flog knockoff AirPods and therefore cannot be criticised (lol).

• Haha
What is she if she isn't selling? Think of all her content and take away all the ads and brand deals, what is even left? Even her what I eat in a days shill protein powder or vitamin tea. No hauls, sustainable or otherwise. Most of her travel vlogs are brand deal trips. Running and fitness tips, nothing useful but shilling an app or sportswear brand.

Yes 100% this! This whole video came across to me like she's criticising the ~ industry because other people shill cheap tat whereas she won't do that, she only shills expensive stuff. Like sorry Niomi just because you're selling expensive dresses you're still selling stuff, and it's not our fault that we can't all afford to spend £300 on ugly dresses. Comes across very out of touch, I also don't think she understands her audience that well tbh - she keeps saying 'it's not authentic/useful to you if I sell (cheap tat)' but when she started her channel aka when she got most of her audience she was a university student on a much lower budget? And as her selling has ~ progressed i.e. she's now selling very expensive stuff, her audience numbers/engagement is DROPPING. So obviously this isn't what people want.
Exactly, you're still flogging me a deodorant Niomi just like every other "influencer", the only difference is I can't afford yours. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Honestly, that dress was beyond hideous.

It's embarrassing how she lumps herself into the Zoe/Marcus category. They actually started it out as a hobby which grew. Her implying that they all started YouTube at the same time is laughable. Zoe and Marcus were already well successful before Nimbobs decided to make an account. Her implying they were all hanging about with 5 subscribers wondering "what could be" is complete bullshit and all the positive comments mean either A) she's filtering them or B) all her old followers have terrible memories or aren't watching this video.

Yes, I clearly remember her reaching to 1 million subscribers in an obscenely short amount of time (a couple days? a week?), all thanks to appearing in the videos of Marcus and Zoe beforehand. What a liar.

What a boring video, I still have about 5-10 mins left.

"I just think... I just think I care too much? About my followers." Please, Niomi.

"I worry I won't stay ahead of the curve because I don't care about selling." Actually, you do care a lot about selling and that much is clear. Also, you won't stay ahead of the curve because you are s o o o o f r e a k i n g b o r i n g!

Is there any chance she found this forum and made this video off the back of this...?

[Edit] OK, I got to the end -- is this all a big ad for her ridiculous skincare venture?
She would pimp a used toothbrush if it made her an easy quid - as long as it was vegan and sustainable of course. The fact that she sees herself as this ethical crusader of integrity in the world of influencers is hysterical. Check your feed to see how many swipe-ups and subtle ads you have there Niomi. Not to mention your pointless skincare range(s) that you keep going back to. There is absolutely no new need in the market for what she can offer so she's just in it for the money, not to be a solution to a problem. I am so glad things are much more transparent than they were before so we can see these clowns for what they are: walking billboards.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Yes, I clearly remember her reaching to 1 million subscribers in an obscenely short amount of time (a couple days? a week?), all thanks to appearing in the videos of Marcus and Zoe beforehand. What a liar.

She would pimp a used toothbrush if it made her an easy quid - as long as it was vegan and sustainable of course. The fact that she sees herself as this ethical crusader of integrity in the world of influencers is hysterical. Check your feed to see how many swipe-ups and subtle ads you have there Niomi. Not to mention your pointless skincare range(s) that you keep going back to. There is absolutely no new need in the market for what she can offer so she's just in it for the money, not to be a solution to a problem. I am so glad things are much more transparent than they were before so we can see these clowns for what they are: walking billboards.
THIS!

She also says that she sees herself as someone who "makes a difference" and "encourages change". witch how? I hope she doesn't actually believe this. If she does, she really needs to surround herself with other people or read more "negative comments which make her sad".

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.