Niomi Smart #5 Onwards, upwards, but not Woodwards

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continuing from here - https://tattle.life/threads/niomi-smart-4-where-did-joey-goey.8941/page-51

Title thanks to @El-la

RECAP:

• Niomi has pretty much confirmed that her and Joe have split, with Joe being the one to break the engagement off.
  • She has been keeping herself busy, hanging out with her girlfriends and trying to show Joe what he is missing , through social media.
  • Joe's brother Freddie posted an Instagram Story of him and Joe in what looked like a home cinema. I attached the video below.
  • Niomi has since unfollowed or removed Joe from her followers list.

If anyone wants to add anything or write a better re-cap, go ahead! :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Just watched the asking my friend to be my bridesmaid video, and at the end she says “first Saturday in our flat”, was it their only Saturday in the flat?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I wonder how/if she’ll scrub her platforms of Dreamy Joey. IG is easy enough, but sooo much of her YouTube is mixed in with him, especially her India content and Vlogmas. Maybe she’ll just keep it all up, increase the ads on them, and let that Adsense $$$ roll in lol

Bets on how long she’s single? Will her next man pose for videos like this, then allow them to be posted to Instagram?

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I wonder how/if she’ll scrub her platforms of Dreamy Joey. IG is easy enough, but sooo much of her YouTube is mixed in with him, especially her India content and Vlogmas. Maybe she’ll just keep it all up, increase the ads on them, and let that Adsense $$$ roll in lol

Bets on how long she’s single? Will her next man pose for videos like this, then allow them to be posted to Instagram?

Oh bloody hell. That video. I can’t 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Just watched the asking my friend to be my bridesmaid video, and at the end she says “first Saturday in our flat”, was it their only Saturday in the flat?
Her last instagram post of them together, they were having pizza on the balcony at the flat. And you can see Joes hand grabing the pizza slice. The set up looks quite romantic actualy. The next day she says she is back in Sussex (which is were her family stayes) then the next few days she post a couple of ads with the location London taged, because that is where the photos are taken. But the photos are professional and probably got taken a few days prior her going back to sussex. This could mean that he broke up with her that night but that she had to post the ads because of contract? I don't know, but after the pizza night, 9 days later she posts a pic saying she wants to take a break from social because she is not feeling well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Omg, I don’t think I ever watched the bridesmaid video because it looked boring to me. The way she spoke about the flat stinks! ‘Joe’s flat’ and ‘Freddie is going to be our flat mate’ wtf? Joe might own it but if Freddie has lived there since what 2017? 2016? I’d say that’s Freddie’s flat and he’s very kindly letting us move in with him? You don’t refer to a flat as being whoever the landlord’s name is. Then saying first night in ‘our’ flat...just gave me the ick actually watching it, yikes.

Reactions: 38
There was something definitely off between them during the vlog where she gave a tour of Freddie’s (Lol) flat, they definitely had a row before she left to meet Charlotte. She was on a suppressed rage walking around with her camera making passive aggressive comments about it being boyish, wtf did she expect?! “that picture is the only touch that I’ve added SO FAR, so I think we...might need to...rearrange...” The bang of arrogance. Watch it again with the break up in mind.

Maybe they were going through a rough patch and she sensed that he was gonna call it off before she vlogged the whole “asking Charlotte to be her MOH” thing and just went and did it anyway so that Joe felt he couldn’t back out of it?
She also said she made him pick her up at the park! She couldn’t even cab or tube it home while he was slaving away in the flat.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I thought she looked a bit down in that bridesmaid vlog and like she was kidding herself saying lockdown had made them stronger. Also crazy how she said that they'd be in London in that flat together for the next 1-1.5 years! I think Joe knew before moving them in there that he was going to end things.

Reactions: 20
Her last instagram post of them together, they were having pizza on the balcony at the flat. And you can see Joes hand grabing the pizza slice. The set up looks quite romantic actualy. The next day she says she is back in Sussex (which is were her family stayes) then the next few days she post a couple of ads with the location London taged, because that is where the photos are taken. But the photos are professional and probably got taken a few days prior her going back to sussex. This could mean that he broke up with her that night but that she had to post the ads because of contract? I don't know, but after the pizza night, 9 days later she posts a pic saying she wants to take a break from social because she is not feeling well.
From the dates looks like they were in the flat about 2 weeks then. State of those pizzas though, no wonder he called it off.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Hi everyone - long-time reader (Sali Hughes brought me here!) first time commenter. Just wanted to add my thoughts to the mix.

I think, plain and simple, Joey got cold feet and decided he wasn't ready to marry; the fact that the whole thing seems to have come as a complete surprise to Niomi reminds me of the Rory McIlroy/Caroline Wozniacki saga. I'm not sure if everyone is familiar with the story, but basically golfer Rory McIlroy called off his engagement to tennis player Caroline Wozniacki back in 2014 days after their wedding invitations had been sent out. Rory ended the relationship in a THREE MINUTE PHONECALL. Caroline was reportedly shocked as only the day before he called off their wedding, Rory had been telling her he loved her. The day before! He claimed that it took the sending of the wedding invitations to make him realise he was actually getting married for real and that he wasn't ready for 'all that marriage entailed.' I'm thinking maybe Joey came to a similar realisation after the venue had been booked and Niomi had asked her friend to be bridesmaid. I remember Caroline Wozniacki said that what happened came as a complete shock to her – right up until the wedding was called off, she had thought she was in a happy relationship. I think the same kind of thing could have happened here.

As for Niomi telling all about their break up, I doubt it. I think we'll get a life update when she moves into her new place, she'll confirm the split, and that's it. I doubt we'll get all the gory details. (Unfortunately.)

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I genuinely feel like Niomi is demonstrating the "classic" characteristics of someone who has been cheated on if not physically, then emotionally. I feel like Joe perhaps mentioned the need to see other people/having emotions for someone else. It feels like she's either in denial or in total shock, from her posts on insta. Thoughts?

Reactions: 11
Someone in the other thread said "She also said she made him pick her up at the park! She couldn’t even cab or tube it home while he was slaving away in the flat."

I can't +1 this enough. It's ridiculous how much she demanded of him and how much she bossed around the situation. She's delusional to think just because he put a ring on her finger she'd put up with that nonsense.

This is the most cringe thing. If I were her, I'd feel so freaking embarrassed right now.

Notice how he's the one to end the kiss. Poor guy!

Reactions: 19
The Bridesmaid vlog is very interesting

You can tell by her face and body language that she was happy to leave Mumbai , despite what she was saying

There is a moment at 14:10 of the video where you can see Joe walking into the room through the reflection of a picture, and she sorta looks him up and down

Reactions: 8
I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my partner of 10 years to bits. But we don't have me hanging off of him like a monkey looking into the sea. Anyone else? It's a bit much and ridiculously fake.

You can tell by her face and body language that she was happy to leave Mumbai , despite what she was saying

There is a moment at 14:10 of the video where you can see Joe walking into the room through the reflection of a picture, and she sorta looks him up and down
Really good observation! Lots of tension in that moment.

He comes in wiping his face and she seems to want to playfully/cautiously smile at him and he's not having it as all he's been doing is setting up furni and then had to pick her ass up from the park.

Then she looks disappointed he just walked away, LOL.

She couldn't even cook that day, Jesus.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I really don’t think he’s cheated. Breakups can be humiliating and shocking and traumatizing even in the best scenarios. And I think her family/friends would have unfollowed him right away.

Reactions: 29
I think this girl is ridiculously delusional. At 15:00 in the Bridesmaid video, she goes on about "Joe being really excited about these vegan chicken nuggets" -- it's like she was constantly having to prove to us and to herself that he was onboard with her lifestyle and they were on the same path, etc. -- bless him for going along with it.

As if she didn't know they were vegan chicken nuggets -- "vegan chicken nuggets, is it?" She's so controlling, she probably looked up all the ingredients before he ordered it.

Bet he's thrilled to be rid of her. Super average physically, super annoying mentally.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

She flicked her eyes to the sides so often when she was saying about being sad to leave India etc. So much lying.

Reactions: 15
I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my partner of 10 years to bits. But we don't have me hanging off of him like a monkey looking into the sea. Anyone else? It's a bit much and ridiculously fake.

Really good observation! Lots of tension in that moment.

He comes in wiping his face and she seems to want to playfully/cautiously smile at him and he's not having it as all he's been doing is setting up furni and then had to pick her ass up from the park.

Then she looks disappointed he just walked away, LOL.

She couldn't even cook that day, Jesus.
another look of tension at around 10:35 when she is talking about Joe picking her up from the park, you can hear him walking on the creaky floorboards just out of shot

Reactions: 8
I think niomi is the one who dumped marcus. She seemed ecstatic after that and jumping around while moving to the next flat. Not a glimpse of sorrow.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.