Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Once, just once I'd love to fall asleep as quickly as Mr TY does.
But nope here I am once again settling the babies whilst he snores 🙄
He walked through the door at half 9 tonight, he knows I don't get a second to myself.
I could stab him this week.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

jackolantern

VIP Member
We’ve started thinking about weaning and from the very little I’ve read I already fucking hate it and it makes pumping forever look like paradise in comparison 😭🙈😭🙈😭

All I know is he loves magnums, surely a full magnum diet provides all the needed nutrients right? 🤣

• Haha

Crazycatlady18

VIP Member
So first day of nursery went well they said she just got on with it.
I’m worried they didn’t feed her enough and I’m not sure they gave her a bottle which I’m not happy about.
She was a bit unsettled when she got home which I expected but it took me a while to realise she was hungry and she had 11oz!!!!! Which is unheard of for her she’s never drank more than 8oz in her life 😂 I don’t know what to do, suppose I should just ask tomorrow when I drop her off🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
  • Wow

Belle Amie

VIP Member
Baby woke me up with the loudest noise so I was expecting the messiest nappy to change. Had he pooped? nope just the loudest fart I’ve ever heard from such a small human 😂

• Haha

Dipdab

VIP Member
So I look forward to alone time once the babies are in bed. Then spend said alone time looking at photos and videos of them 🙃 why am I like this.

I’ve also had dancing veg funky melody in my head all evening

• Heart

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Had a KIT day today, absolutely knackered now. Actually did some work learning a new system and had a meeting with my boss where he (provisionally) agreed to me changing my hours slightly which is a massive weight off my shoulders. Money is literally keeping me awake at night at the moment, we’ve got so much going on and so much to pay for that we’re thinking about having to postpone our wedding 😔 But this is one less thing to worry about at least.

• Heart
I've just been doing exactly the same @Dipdab 🙈

I'm feeling really resentful of my parents tonight. They insisted on visiting when baby was 3 days old even though I was recovering from a C-section. I asked them to consider waiting til the following weekend but they got upset. So they only saw us for maybe 4 hours as it was all just too much. They live 400 miles away so it was a long way for them to come for so little time.

That was 8 weeks ago. Not seen them since. Mum has gone on and on about missing him, crying on the phone etc. She had 2 weeks of annual leave left to take but they've decided to have their 3rd holiday abroad this year, rather than coming to see their grandson. I won't hear from her for days and then I'll get a message demanding a "live" photo. 🙄 Tonight she randomly asked if she could have a photo of him to post on her Facebook (I suppose at least she asks first...). When they came it was like a bloody press conference, she was uploading to her social media all day. Now I've got my dad messaging me asking if he's sleeping through the night yet?! 🤦🏻‍♀️ And saying how they didn't have bath seats in their day and they "only" dropped me under the water once.

They are such a weird mix of over-bearing and not giving a shit and it's really getting to me. I had the most wonderful relationship with my grandparents growing up and I just know it's not going to be the same for him. Sorry, just needed to write all of that down!
I don’t get why parents/grandparents feel the need to almost brag about stuff like that, mine do it and it drives me insane. Yes great that you bathed me in a washing up bowl, but I really like the nice non slip baby bath thanks 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Oh I posted the other day about the Book You Wish Your Parents Had Read, my mum came round and saw it and thought it was hilarious, took a photo of it to ‘send to all her friends’ 🙄 she genuinely believes she was the most perfect parent. Sorry for trying to do better for my child!

• Heart

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Sorry, I didn’t read your post properly first of all, I just picked up on the milk intake… I’m glad you have this safe space to say how you feel without judgement because that’s a heavy load to carry. Having a child that isn’t medically ‘well’ is tough, the extra worry, appointments etc, added to another two whole other humans to care for. Just know we’re always here for when it gets too tough to handle, not physically but lots of love & support. I know the girls are similar age to baby Waka, In terms of milk does she require anymore for her age as baby Waka only had about 8oz today x
Thank you everyone Mr TY is at the pub so it's just me alone, despite the fact I should actually be out tonight at my friend's anniversary meal so I'm wound up about that too🙄
I'm not sure tbh Mama Waka, I only worry as they were preemies and a low birth weight so it's always been drilled into us from discharge that intake is so important

• Heart
  • Sad

wakametango 2.0

VIP Member
I think I’ve been a KW this evening. Mr Waka was greeted with a bag of wet washing to be hung up, yesterdays still outside, frozen pizzas & garlic bread out in the counter top, I put baby Waka to bed and said ‘I’m going for a shower’ (he usually goes first) he got the hint and I’m currently enjoying my oven pizza with my (clean) feet up 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha

ThePidge

VIP Member
They rolled away the stone and lo’ the pidge family were there. Fucking hell girls, Noravirus got us all HARD. Mr. Pidge and I were practically taking turns hanging over little pidges cot, neither of us could stand without retching. Absolutely horrific, -10/10 do not recommend to a friend…

Little pidge seems to be ok’ish now (although still teething), the poops have slowed down and she has stopped vomiting but she keeps gagging very easily when eating and it seems to be putting her off. Hopefully it improves!

good news though, I lost 5lbs and I missed a lot of pages. Good to be back, I’m off to catch up 😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow

WhatABore

VIP Member
I know I'm getting old. I bought new trainers today.
Saw some cheap converse/vans type shoes which is what I'd normally go for and thought.. "No... I must buy for comfort. These won't be comfy"

And bought some light supportive trainers 🙃

Just thought I'd add that in to my popping the ball comment.
I'm officially an old person.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Borntorun

VIP Member
Fellow teacher over here! Read a few posts and it’s given me so much rage 😂
This was why, as a midwife, I used to disappear for a while from the pregnancy threads every now and again. Because people used to comment that they’re just sat drinking tea and chatting and clearly midwives just don’t care etc etc. and I’d just get the rage 😂

• Heart
  • Haha

Be kond

Chatty Member
At what point do people stop telling me because I can’t put the baby down that she’s spoilt? Every single time I see my mum, she makes a point repeatedly telling me she’s spoilt. I don’t know how I’ve kept my cool so long. But it’s really starting to bother me. If she isn’t saying how spoilt she is, she’s constantly commenting on how she looks, she never says anything bad but it almost comes across negative to me? It all could be hormones but it bothers me so much

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Heart

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
I noticed this earlier today. We’re looking for a swing for Baby’s birthday. Argos are selling a kids swing in pink that is £45. The exact same swing, but in blue, is £33. I honestly don’t see the thought process behind it?!
It's stupid isn't it! Same for us, mens razors are cheaper than the same razor that is PINK. You can bet your arse if men had periods sanitary products wouldn't be as expensive as they are.
Men's shampoo? Cheap as chips? Ours? Sell your kidney if you want soft shiney hair😡
I'm on one this week, but I'm sick of living in a world that is ruled by male privilege.

Rxt156

VIP Member
i hate surprise visits. please don’t drop in EVER. Whether or not you’re passing/nearby/dying 🤣🤣
I had a friend who refused to let his own mother in who was at the door because she didn’t call first 🤣

• Haha

calmyourritas

VIP Member
You know what really fucks me off, family and friends who were so insistent on meeting baby as soon as she was born. Wanted to come round as soon as we were home. Met her once and then not even mentioned it again. Always busy or have something better to do when I try to arrange something 🤷‍♀️

I actually think that annoys me more than people who didn’t even bother to come. I’m giving up with people now

• Heart

WhatABore

VIP Member
So Everleigh slept until 6.55 this morning 👀
Of course I didn't though. Convinced myself she was dead 😂
She has never slept that long.
She's only ever slept past 5.30 maybe once or twice. And even then, she was still awake by 6.

• Heart
  • Wow