New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could it be the heat? 😊

I've found sometimes they do just tend to sleep a bit. Especially when having a growth spurt.
As long as he's fine when he's awake and not lethargic or anything, he's probably fine 😊
Our house isn’t too hot, about 25 which is normal.
I’ll take it as a potential growth spurt and development I’m just not used to this level of sleep!

Fellow teacher over here! Read a few posts and it’s given me so much rage 😂
This was why, as a midwife, I used to disappear for a while from the pregnancy threads every now and again. Because people used to comment that they’re just sat drinking tea and chatting and clearly midwives just don’t care etc etc. and I’d just get the rage 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
@onlyheretoorbit so sorry about the job ❤❤❤ That is always a kick in the teeth, have been there many times and it never feels any better (no matter what you try and tell yourself before you get the news)
Sounds to me like a successful day out, even if it didn’t feel it. I think half an hour or an hour at a big event like that is probably enough for a baby anyway, and I’m sure baby O loved eating Al fresco, so that’s a lovely positive. Sorry it felt overwhelming for you, those places can be so noisy and so MUCH that tbh I tend to avoid them. But you have it a go, it maybe isn’t for you, and you’ll know again. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@Crazycatlady18 was mini crazy cat with your parents today? Did she get on ok? And I don’t think you’ve been over sensitive at all about things this week. What a crazy emotional rollercoaster it is going back to work. It’s HARD transitioning to the new routine, everyone’s emotions are high (including little people) and we have so much to deal with. I think feeling it all is so normal, but just not talked about ❤

@LongishCat all ok with you?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
@Crazycatlady18 was mini crazy cat with your parents today? Did she get on ok? And I don’t think you’ve been over sensitive at all about things this week. What a crazy emotional rollercoaster it is going back to work. It’s HARD transitioning to the new routine, everyone’s emotions are high (including little people) and we have so much to deal with. I think feeling it all is so normal, but just not talked about ❤

@LongishCat all ok with you?
Aww thank you for asking your very kind.
She was a lot happier when she got home today, mum said she was a bit clingy but she was much better. She’s absolutely exhausted though bless her 💕
Hope you’re all good too x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Happy 30th birthday for tomorrow @jackolantern in case I forget … I hope your knobwaffle has bought you an extra special Polish axe to celebrate the occasion - I’m picturing maybe gold plated or with diamonds!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Omg been trying to do bedtime for over an hour and a half 💀 every time I think she’s dropping off she springs up wide awake 🥴 send help (obvs the KW has gone out for the evening)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Hi everyone, haven’t been able to keep up with these threads lately but need to vent. I had the whiniest baby today nothing I could do was working she is getting her front teeth and she fought sleep all day and I got frustrated earlier now I didn’t shout or anything at her but I just said oh please go asleep and now I’m convinced she hates me😭 the guilt is actually eating me alive. I tried so hard to have a baby and I feel so ungrateful

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Omg been trying to do bedtime for over an hour and a half 💀 every time I think she’s dropping off she springs up wide awake 🥴 send help (obvs the KW has gone out for the evening)
Oh mine does that too sometimes it’s so annoying! It’s also very sweaty tonight

Reactions: 1
Hi everyone, haven’t been able to keep up with these threads lately but need to vent. I had the whiniest baby today nothing I could do was working she is getting her front teeth and she fought sleep all day and I got frustrated earlier now I didn’t shout or anything at her but I just said oh please go asleep and now I’m convinced she hates me😭 the guilt is actually eating me alive. I tried so hard to have a baby and I feel so ungrateful
Honestly don't worry- we are all human and have a breaking point. She wont remember either. I have had a few days/nights like that where I've gotten angry and felt guilty, but she defo doesn't hate you! Only a couple of nights ago I was in the same position and shouted at her and had to leave the room, so solidarity with you!

Reactions: 6
She’s not even currently upset, just standing up in her cot shouting HEY DUGGEE at me 😐
Everleigh woke up last night and at 3am was singing 'row row row your boat' to herself.
Although she can only say row. So she just repeat sings the word row 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Do we have the same kid? Currently nap trapped and KW is sound asleep. Mine’s been up since 14, it’s now 21:15 in NL and she’s 4 weeks today. She’s so tired but isn’t sleeping in the afternoons and early evenings.

• Sad
  • Wow
So I’m trying to get into an evening routine of bottle, bath and bed and Mr Rita is making it very difficult.

Just bathed Baby Rita and said to KW, can you settle her in the Moses basket and try to get her to sleep I’m just popping upstairs to grab a 30 second shower (as usual) and then I’ll come and cook the dinner. Told him to put Ewan on if needed or lullaby playlist from Spotify.

Come downstairs. Has he got her to sleep? No. That’s fine. Is she settled? No. Is she in the Moses basket? No. Is he making any attempt to get her to sleep? No.

He’s put her on the play gym with the dancing vegetables birthday party blasting out 😵💫😵💫😵💫 baby is having a mini rave so now I’m trying to settle her AND cook the dinner at the same time because she thinks it’s time for a party and not bed time 🙃🙃

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
So I’m trying to get into an evening routine of bottle, bath and bed and Mr Rita is making it very difficult.

Just bathed Baby Rita and said to KW, can you settle her in the Moses basket and try to get her to sleep I’m just popping upstairs to grab a 30 second shower (as usual) and then I’ll come and cook the dinner. Told him to put Ewan on if needed or lullaby playlist from Spotify.

Come downstairs. Has he got her to sleep? No. That’s fine. Is she settled? No. Is she in the Moses basket? No. Is he making any attempt to get her to sleep? No.

He’s put her on the play gym with the dancing vegetables birthday party blasting out 😵💫😵💫😵💫 baby is having a mini rave so now I’m trying to settle her AND cook the dinner at the same time because she thinks it’s time for a party and not bed time 🙃🙃
Literally the worst thing ever when they do the actual opposite of what you’ve asked.
I have now stopped asking knobwaffle to do anything of any importance coz it’s a wasteeee of time and I spent longer fixing it than I would’ve spent doing the job in the first place 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Everleigh woke up last night and at 3am was singing 'row row row your boat' to herself.
Although she can only say row. So she just repeat sings the word row 😂
Is it bad I find this really creepy, like horror movie creepy.
Not that Everleigh is creepy 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

I would go on dinner/baby strike, let him sort at least one of them out!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.