Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Borntorun

VIP Member
I won solo bedtime tonight 🙃 and I have no one to celebrate with because I’m here by myself with the kids. So I’m gonna brag here instead. Both kids are asleep, no shouting, no tears.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Anyone who is baking, let me send you my address and you can post the goods over.
I hate baking, it is one thing I do not do with the kids because I just loathe it. Luckily my MIL is baker extraordinaire so when we see her it’s like GBBO

Also it’s 8.50am and I just woke up. ToddlerMe is still asleep (hanging off my boob), I can hear 6Me is awake but my goodness, haven’t had a lie in like that in 9 years! Summer holidays 👌🏻

• Heart

WhatABore

VIP Member
Just thought I would mark it as its a rarity. Saturday on my own, as usual with the kids.
Actually enjoyed them today.
Pushed back bedtime a bit just to spend more time with them.
Usually on a Saturday, I'm desperate for bedtime 😂
Don't think we've had a single child cry today 😂

• Heart

Borntorun

VIP Member
Remember my last post about being at an airport and KW forgot to pack nappies?! Thought I’d give him another chance and asked him to pack the nappy bag for the plane journey home. Baby pooed in the airport, I went to go and change her and…. No wipes this time. Had to get the worst off with loo roll then washed her bum under the tap at the sink 🤦🏼‍♀️ Honestly how can one man make the same mistake twice!!

• Wow
  • Haha

Crazycatlady18

VIP Member
Ok so she had 4oz at 10am even though she usually has an afternoon bottle (I did say this) and then a little bit of broccoli purée but no pudding as she went to sleep. They said today they’ll stick to her routine better and offer a bottle this afternoon.
She also hit her face this morning on a toy and hurt her cheek ☹ I’m literally ready to quit work and get my baby back home. It’s horrible.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
The mum guilt is so high today.
Last summer holidays were our last holidays as a family of 3 and we promised the boy once I started maternity we'd have so much fun, only that was cancelled once we found out twin 2 was unwell & I needed to deliver.
This summer holidays just feels like such a washout already and we're only on day 2.
It's so hard to leave the house with the twins when it's just me. It's impossible finding something that all 3 of them can enjoy and where I can keep all 3 of them safe at the same time without all of our home comforts.
We don't have the luxury of friends or family helping, and it's set in today that he's going into year 5 in September, we've only got like 2 more summer holidays max where hell want to be with us. I know he's not bothered, he adores his sisters, but I remember the fun I had as a child and I just feel guilty he won't have those memories for a few more years yet.

• Heart

jackolantern

VIP Member
Tommy when he brings his first partner home only to find out he’s been betrothed to multiple other people across the country: 😦

(Tommy’s first partner when they come over and realise his parents own an axe: 😦 )
Live scenes when I gift him all his Tattle wives for his 18th

• Haha

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
Sorry KW rant incoming.

So he was working this morning, and I'm working just now so we swapped hannah over at work. She woke at 12 from her first nap (this was at 2pm), he proceeds to try and put her down for a nap at half 2 so he can shower?! And he's surprised she doesn't want to go down and is screaming the place down and throwing all her toys out the cot etc. She's one, so a short wake window obviously isn't going to work. I said take her out in the car then "but I need to shower" ehhhh im sure you can go a few hours without a fucking shower. Jesus christ I've got days without one cos I can't put her down some days. So now I'm in work stressed that she's probably so upset and he's getting frustrated with her😭😭 honestly what a dickhead

Also see if it's that much of a fuxking drama, take her into the bathroom with you, take toys or put on ms Rachel and have a quick shower 🤬🤬🤬

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Mr TY has been asked to work in Scotland for 3 weeks 😭
I'm so pissed off, he didn't even try to say no. Yet I ask for a back massage and I get a straight no.
He's not even a knobwaffle at the moment, he's so past the knobwaffle line, the line is a dot to him.
dickheadwafflearseholeidiotman.

• Heart
  • Sad

Rxt156

VIP Member
Yeaaaahhhh we have a roller!!!
After being a whingey sod all day he just rolled from back to front for the first time 🥹 I forgive you lil baby 🥹

• Heart

jackolantern

VIP Member
Honestly it's the best feeling in the world being your baby's safe space. When they are upset and they wrap their little arms around you and just melt into a snuffly cuddle and fall asleep. There is no greater joy or purpose to me than when your pet or baby sleeps soundly knowing they are safe and loved. I wouldn't trade that for a screaming baby, feeling scared and alone just so I can have more time hands free. I just don't get it. Who the fuck can honestly relax and god forbid, sleep! with that going on? Even if he did cry himself to sleep eventually, I'd be in knots and wouldn't sleep a wink knowing how badly I made him feel. I'd take a lifetime of broken sleep if it meant he was happy.

• Heart

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Just thought I'd let you all know, if you don't hear from me, my MP has killed me.

With the help of twins Trust, I sent a really long complaint letter to my LA & my MP, like really long and really intelligent sounding ( doesnt sound like me at all😂) basically highlighting the fact our LA is not accessible to twins never mind a twin with additional needs, and the failures and dangers they are placing my child in.
My name will be mud by the end of the week, he'll defo have me taken out 😂😂 ☠💀☠

• Haha
  • Heart

WhatABore

VIP Member
Not baby related and feel free to skip it. I need to vent 😂
Currently super emotional at the thought of my 4yo starting school 😂

Also feel guilty that I didn't feel the same way when my 9yo started.
Before my 9yo started school, we were in a completely different place financially. Although we don't have loads now, we had hardly anything then. Both me and my partner lost our jobs at the same time. (we both worked for the same company which is how we met) and the company made over half the staff redundant. I also didn't drive then either.
So when my son started, we'd never been on holiday. We rarely went on days out. Only ever to parks we could walk to ect.
But since then, I've got a car, both worked inbetween kids ect. Managed to go on holidays and weekly swimming with the 2 youngest (9yo goes with school) I refuse to go in the school holidays. I can't cope with kids everywhere 😂

One simple thing has set me off that I didn't realise the last time we went swimming would be the last time in our weekly routine. We caught Covid and then I was ill too after that and by that time, school holidays started. 😂

We've been away a few times and taken the 9yo out of school for the week (naughty naughty 😂) but don't want to do that now she's just starting and he's getting into his last years.

So now I just feel like I'm losing all freedom with the kids 😂
And it sounds so silly 😂 especially as he's already in school but our life has changed so much between Oakley starting and Ivy starting!

Even more so that I feel like she's missed out on 2 years of life before school because of Covid and lockdown!
Ugh 😂

• Heart

ThePidge

VIP Member
Back again, when I thought things were safe… they weren’t haha! However, we are all recovered after 2 trips to the doctors and a projectile vomit in a public fucking pool which everyone had to evacuate and ruin all the kids fun, a new high score for mummy!

breaking news though- we had our first solid shit today and I celebrated by eating 20 mini sainsburys cookies🥳

I can’t believe I have 23 pages to read, fuck sake!

Thanks lovely, you have mine too. Isn't it so disappointing. I'm certain my mum has narcissistic traits. It's all about how she's a grandma now, the fun showy things, not the actual realities of having a grandchild.
I’m also in the shit grandparent club. My in-laws live 10 minutes away, they don’t work and I can count on one hand the number of times they’ve seen little pidge (I went to them too). I’ve fucked them off now, they’re full of drama, total narcs and I don’t have time for them anymore. They’re missing out on a fantastic little girl!

• Heart
Reactions: 16

moimoi

VIP Member
So basically she wants a grandchild when it suits her, but has no interest in actually being any help or support? Unbelievable behaviour - or would be if I didn’t see it cropping up so often with so many of our lovely mums. You deserve better, and baby C deserves better too. I’m sorry that it’s not what you’d want for your family ❤ Are your in laws any better?

This chat of not ideal grandparents makes me think we haven’t heard from @moimoi in ages. Hope all is well 👋🏻
Aw hey! Thanks for thinking of me. 🥺 I’m still around lurking.

Grandparents are still shit at 14 months. Still have a grandma (MIL) and grandad (my dad) who haven’t met him!!! My mum and my FIL have also still only met him once during fleeting visits for a few hours.

I actually unfriended my MIL on Facebook in a fit of rage the other week as she was posting photos on her hols, I was like, how can you go away yet not make time to visit your grandchild. Gonna be awkward when she realises. 🤣 But fuck it, she didn’t even send him a birthday card.

Not gonna lie but I do get a bit jealous when I see other families with hands on grandparents. My husband and I are definitely feeling a bit burnt out, as much as he won’t admit it. I would love a bit of relief and support!

• Heart

LilyRose1234

VIP Member
So after yesterday, baby managed TWO naps today, took a while to get to bed but has stayed asleep for long enough for me to watch an entire film (and eat an entire tub of Ben and jerrys). Honestly I think I cried most of yesterday from stress and exhaustion so glad today has been a smidge more manageable!

• Heart

Dipdab

VIP Member
Went to a pub for a lunch with a friend. T2 kept staring at this family and I was thinking why is my baby being such a creep. Then I clocked the toddler was watching bloody peppa pig on a phone and t2 was watching it too 😂.

• Haha
  • Heart

Crazycatlady18

VIP Member
Oh. My. God.
I put little one to bed and I hadn’t left the room and she started coughing and chocking on some reflux and started crying so i lifted her out the cot to resettled her and she did the most enormous projectile all over the cot and the floor. Before I’d even registered what was happening she did another over my shoulder all over the drawers and floor. She’s never done that before but shit me it comes out with some force and makes a tight mess

• Sad
  • Heart
My toddler once shouted in a slightly distressed way "what did you do?!" at my husband when he farted so now when anyone in this house farts, especially baby thunderpants, me and MrPower shout "WHAT DID YOU DO?????" 🤣🤣

• Haha