Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LongishCat

VIP Member
KW said to me today "this is your job now try to cope better". No I have a job that pays me a wage, these are OUR children and I'm struggling so get off your ass and HELP ME.
I'm sorry, what?! 🤬
What a dick! He's their dad, he's also responsible and he should pull his weight. I'll send my actual cat over to scratch open his face 😾

Work has been kinda ok I guess. And Kitten has been doing great at daycare! The daycare lady said it was as if she hadn't been gone. She ate and slept well and is enjoying crawling around.
When I came to pick her up yesterday, she was laying on her tummy in the middle of the room, chomping on a wooden toy. When she spotted me, she threw the toy away, started giggling and screeching happily and then proceeded to crawl/bounce to me like a little seal 🥺😍 It was so cute!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

WhatABore

VIP Member
Went to the zoo today.
Everleigh spent the whole day trying to grab anyone's bag she could reach.
At one point, I pushed her up towards the window with the chimps, grab my 4yo so she can see, turn back around and Everleigh is undoing a woman's bag standing next to her and digging her hand in 🤦🏻‍♀️

She also wouldn't stop shouting at a little boy who had a Duggee Tshirt on. 😂 Poor kid looked terrified

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Dipdab

VIP Member
Flew to Scotland yesterday. You know when you’re on a flight and there’s a baby crying the whole time. Yup that was me. T1 cried from take off to landing. No idea why she was fed and napped. Tried everything possible but poor thing was having none of it. So stressful even more so because the lady sitting next to us got up and moved away which made me feel really bad (it shouldn’t have).
Anyway all the crying wore her out as she’s just slept 11 hours through the night (every cloud)

Ps congratulations @calmyourritas 💐👰‍♀️🤵🏼♂

• Heart

jackolantern

VIP Member
KW said to me today "this is your job now try to cope better". No I have a job that pays me a wage, these are OUR children and I'm struggling so get off your ass and HELP ME.
Where is Mr Elf currently? Me and Tommy just want a chat... :rolleyes: :mad: :LOL:

• Haha

Toffeebythesea

VIP Member
Hello I'm new here I have a 9 week old (10 weeks tomorrow 😩) we are in the midst of leap 2 and he js a clingy sweaty gammon and I am living off coffee. Happy to be here 🥰

• Heart
  • Haha

LongishCat

VIP Member
Happy birthday @jackolantern 🥳❤

@Definitelyme thank you for checking in!
We went to Germany for a couple of days. Bit mixed feelings. It was great to be somewhere else, but KW worked a bit/did some virtual meetings, which pissed me off.
I had told him so often leading up to our holiday I was looking forward to spending time with the three of us, but also the two of us while Kitten slept. I know he's not feeling great because of a number of reasons (work, his dad passing, etc). We're both sleep deprived and a bit down/depressed, so it's taking a toll on us as a couple. It was my birthday about 6 or 7 weeks ago and he still didn't get me anything. Sounds silly, but makes me feel shitty. I feel like he's just taking me for granted and he's not motivated to do anything at all. It's like he's checked out.
I'm sure we'll get through this, but it's really hard atm. Some days I just want to pack up and leave, but he's great with Kitten and I do still love him.

Kitten also keeps grabbing her ears, so going to an ENT today. She's had 2 ear infections in June and it looks like they're still lingering on now. Had hoped it would've cleared up now with nursery being closed, but it's been 2,5 weeks now and she still seems to have some issues with her ears :(

Sorry for the word vomit...
Feeling a bit down lately :(

Oh, and Kitten (and KW) slept pretty well on holiday, but I slept horribly. One night I spent over an hour panicking, thinking someone was going to come and kidnap Kitten. I walked around the appartment to check if anyone was there, went to check on Kitten, absolutely positive I was going to find an empty crib. Why do our brains do this? 🙃

• Heart

jackolantern

VIP Member
Can confirm without a shadow of a doubt, I'd rather have a daily enema in the middle of Tesco's than be pregnant again :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart

Dipdab

VIP Member
Not me telling hubby my dentist appointment was at 2 and an hour long when it’s really at 230 and 30 mins. So I could have half an hour to chill in the car by myself 😅😅 motherhood is wild

Happy birthday @jackolantern hope you’re having a lovely day

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

LilyRose1234

VIP Member
Honestly I’m at my wits end. She is exhausted, she won’t nap. Everyone is commenting on how tired she looks but she won’t fucking sleep. Not at night, not during the day. I’ve looked at the routine above and want to tweak the timings to work around nursery etc so it can be consistent everyday, but I have to share a room with her until we’re in our own house again, I can’t let her cry too much because there’s other people living here. I’m just done with it all. I’ve got so much work to do but can’t get anything done, can’t afford to send her to nursery more, can’t afford for my partner to give up work or either of us to go part time. I’m sorry for the rant but I’m just so exhausted by it all 😭

• Heart
  • Sad

Trombolese

Chatty Member
In regards to the “making a rod for your own back” chat, I’ve had it quite a lot from older people, but nothing would ever stop me from cuddling baby T when he needs it. I could never let him cry it out, I feel such a strong responsibility as his mum to be there for him and give him all of the love and comfort in the world! My parents were fans of the cry it out method, as were their parents and I’m glad to be breaking that cycle.

in other news, in my sleep deprived state I thought it would be a good idea to squirt some baby oil into baby Ts bath this evening, but think I was really heavy handed because he was slipping everywhere and I was in a mad panic about getting him out of the bath without him sliding out of my hands, I can only compare it to wrestling with a very large slippery fish :eek: do not recommend.

• Haha

miss_americana

Chatty Member
We’re going back into the NICU today to give the donation we’ve collected for them- I thought I was fine but the anxiety about going back has just hit. I feel so sick at the thought of it. I know it will be fine when we get there and I have to keep telling myself that!

• Heart

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Twin 1 woke up today and thought she'd walk.
This is not okay😂 I wasn't prepared for this I expected her to be atleast 15months corrected before she started not fricking 10months corrected.
Send help because she's a god damn menace🤦🏻‍♀️😂

• Heart
  • Haha

Upintheair83

VIP Member
I finally go back to work after my maternity leave tomorrow. Iv shed a few tears tonight tucking my little one into bed. I can't imagine how I will feel not being around him 24/7, he's become my best friend.
So some words of wisdom to all you wonderful new mums is that time is so precious. I know we all say it and get told it, but it really is. One moment you are pregnant , the next they're here and your life changes....but it all goes so fast. Iv enjoyed every single second of being at home with my little boy, I will always treasure it and I know im so lucky to have been able to take maternity leave.
So to all you mums who work, are on maternity leave or just amazing stay at homes mums (who do the hardest work imo) I just want to say enjoy your babies because time goes so fast.

• Heart

Littleelf

VIP Member
Haven't managed to catch up as I'm just drowning at the moment. I haven't got 2 seconds to sit and read anything at all So sorry to everyone for not engaging and just banging on about myself 🤣 I don't mean too I've just got nowhere to vent and I'm struggling.

Summer hols has really got me. My 5yo had a bad day yesterday and had some major meltdowns, then she had night terrors that were the worst I've ever seen. Like a crazy demon who is asleep actually running about the house attempting to smash things up and screaming non stop for 45 minutes. It was very distressing. We have however finally realised that when she has lots of meltdowns in a day to basically be up and waiting for night terrors because it will happen. I think the neighbours probably think something terrible is going on in this house the shouting and screaming they must hear 😕 trying to get her assessed for autism but her teachers said they hadn't seen any signs at all and didnt think it was nessesary and our GP is reluctant to do anything without teacher support so I feel very stuck with her.

Baby elf is moving ALOT and I'm finding i cant do anything at all ☹ i can't turn my back for two seconds without him making a beeline for things that could hurt him. Most of the time he's whinging if he's down on the floor and I'm just at a loss of what to do with him, the sound goes right through me. I'd love to sit and play with him all day long but I have another child too who needs feeding and attention and a house that is a shit tip so I cant and I'm just literally drowning 😓

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18

Dipdab

VIP Member
Kw weekly nomination - he went to the football yesterday, didn’t even drink but is “too tired” to get up this morning at 6am with the babies. So I’m doing it all. I don’t normally mind but I’m going to Scotland for 3 weeks tomorrow to stay with my parents. He’s only joining us for the last week so has 2 weeks of lie ins and his own time. Wish I could just roll over and pretend not to hear the babies crying when they wake up 😒

• Angry
  • Sad

Rxt156

VIP Member
Oh my goodness the baby has gone down for a nap ON HIS OWN twice today and once yesterday. The freedom for that period of time (45 mins to 2hr) is insane and I feel like a new woman for being able to get stuff done/have a quick nap/cup of tea without it going cold 🙏🏻 . I sat beside him for a while and just enjoyed the quiet 😂. I am fully aware that I’ve probably jinxed it now and it’ll change as quickly as tomorrow but I am taking a small win where I can get one 😋

Could you still find someone to change the locks while he's out? What a prick...
Don't let hime try to get you to take 5 yo swimming.
In Dutch we say "wie zijn gat verbrandt, moet op de blaren zitten", which translates to "if you burn your butt, you have to sit on the blisters".
THREAD TITLE 😃😃😃😃?!!??!

• Heart
  • Haha

LongishCat

VIP Member
We're going on a short holiday tomorrow!
We've booked at a small b&b where they have some chickens, pigs and ponies, hope Kitten will enjoy looking at them 🤩
It's going to be so hot though, 30+°C every day 🥴 but I'm really looking forward to it!

I brush Kitten's teeth with my finger 😅 might have to get a baby toothbrush.

Also, in case it can be interesting for anyone. I noticed Kitten wanted to chew on the metal part of her dummy chain clip. I figure because it's cold and nice for her gums?
I gave her a big metal spoon and she loves chewing it/putting it in her mouth/drooling all over it. Think I'll put one in the fridge for next time.
Obviously don't leave your bub alone with it, but Kitten really liked it!

Also, my nephew (second son for my brother) was born yesterday! My SIL was induced, because she was at 42 weeks!
But that also means Kitten is exactly 9 months older than him 👀 😂

• Heart

TheDuchess

Chatty Member
I’ve got so many questions today 🤣 We’ve had an extremely relaxing Sunday at home.

Has anyone tried the Lovevery toy subscription? Is it worth it?

It seems to be about €500 a year. This is our first and so we don’t have any toys. How much would say you spent on toys in the first year?
Blimey I read that as LoveHoney the online adult store 😂

• Haha