New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

My baby is

• Under 3 months

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • 4-6 months

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • 7-9 months

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • 10-12 months

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • 13-18 months

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • 18+ months

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Still in utero, I’m just being nosey about what comes next

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • I’m a lurking knobwaffle

Votes: 8 7.2%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title this time is from @Easilyannoyed with 30 likes. Normally I try and pick something humorous but this was just too cute 🥰

A guide to the thread for new members:
Dress code? Pyjamas
Nothing is off topic or taboo - unless you’re bragging about milestones and you think you’re three week old can recite their times tables
Knobwaffle of the week nominations always welcome
We love a good doughnut 🍩
Thread titles tend to come from something random someone says during the chat. Please point out anything spectacularly title worthy so it doesn’t get missed

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@Celeste The wriggling around sounding uncomfortable can be quite normal and isn't always wind. Just their whole digestive system working.
However, there's no harm in trying things like Dentinox drops 😊 Would 100% recommend... Again 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Thanks guys for the weaning advice! He’s 5 1/2 months corrected, we can’t eat in front of him now because he gets a serious anger on for wanting it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
@Cucumberthunder detinox drops work for us, I give them At 6pm a couple of hours before bed otherwise she is usually awake 1-3 specially withering in pain until it comes out
I don't think it's colic as the second we pick him up he pretty much drifts off, it's just getting him to go back into his cot that's the challenge. Do they just help sleep generally?

Ahhh I think this was meant for @Celeste !

Thanks guys for the weaning advice! He’s 5 1/2 months corrected, we can’t eat in front of him now because he gets a serious anger on for wanting it 🤣
Pop him in his chair whilst your eating & offer him little bits even if he only plays with them it's still progress. If he's anything like Twin2 it'll be Reet in his gob and he'll be looking for more as he chews and sucks😂

• Haha
omg I can’t believe he’s 5 months. I still think of him as a teeny tiny newborn when you talk about him :cry:

Speaking of ages, the twins are almost 1, does that mean when they're toddlers I gotta leave here? Cause I'm invested I ain't going nowhere.
I'm gonna start using their corrected age to get me longer😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Speaking of ages, the twins are almost 1, does that mean when they're toddlers I gotta leave here? Cause I'm invested I ain't going nowhere.
Hahaha I’m sure I talk about Toddler Runner on here more than I do Baby Runner and she’s 3 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Had a lovely wake up this morning…. Ended up co sleeping last night again, woke up slightly as baby was climbing on me and pulling my eyelids open, thought she just wanted a cuddle but no, what she actually wanted was her sippy cup on the table next to me which she then tipped over my head 🙃🙃🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 8
At what point do I need to start brushing baby o’s teeth? Photo attached of the current situation…

HV gave me a toothbrush & paste at her last check - not looking forward to trying that one 😑
Give her the tooth brush now and let her chew it stuff get her used to it and then with you both holding it guide it over her teeth it's what I've always done with mine in the hopes they don't fear the toothbrush

Not all May agree but I started weaning at 5 months as they were more than ready. Started off with porridge and purées then did finger foods/blw from 6 months

• Heart
I’m still here with an 18 month old! 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
We also weaned baby L from just over 6 months actual. She could sit up and was grabbing food from us so it was definitely time 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
At what point do I need to start brushing baby o’s teeth? Photo attached of the current situation…

HV gave me a toothbrush & paste at her last check - not looking forward to trying that one 😑
In theory it's as soon as the first tooth is through. We used to do it in the bath (whenever baby has a bath) at first as she loved the bath so if it upset her we thought the bath would be distracting but actually she was fine with having her teeth brushed.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.