New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm getting close to turning into one of those neighbours that refuses to give the ball back and pops it though šŸ˜‚
17 things I handed back yesterday that they'd thrown over the fence!
Plant pots and all sorts!

(and yes, I counted so I could go back inside and rant to my partner šŸ˜‚)

There's currently a book and all sorts they've thrown again. I refuse to throw them back šŸ˜‚
Only did last time because she asked

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
We have our 8 week jabs tomorrow. Iā€™m nervous even though Baby Rita had cannulas, IV lines, needles and all sorts done to her when she was in hospital! Anyone have any tips or what should I expect?
Iā€™m not sure whether you are breast or bottle feeding but if you can feed Baby Rita while sheā€™s having the injections I found that it distracted my little boy a little. Hope sheā€™s ok, as others have said give calpol as instructed by the nurse and hopefully she will be fine after plenty of cuddles ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I know I'm getting old. I bought new trainers today.
Saw some cheap converse/vans type shoes which is what I'd normally go for and thought.. "No... I must buy for comfort. These won't be comfy"

And bought some light supportive trainers šŸ™ƒ

Just thought I'd add that in to my popping the ball comment.
I'm officially an old person.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I swear to god if I have to say ā€œno darling we stroooooke dogs, we donā€™t pull their furā€ one more time I will lose my bleeping mind
ToddlerMe is obsessed with the dog. He gets his lead and tries to put it on (which is just whacKing the dog with the lead) and when we are walking him he cries until he can hold the lead. When we are at the caravan we have a cage for the dog, and ToddlerMe gets in the cage with the dog if you take your eyes off him for a second (just to say our dog isnā€™t crate trained, so he doesnā€™t have any special love for the crate, and he doesnā€™t seem to mind ToddlerMe getting in there, but we always take the beast out when we see it!) He also sits on his head, puts food in the dogā€™s mouth for him, tries to ride him like a horse (this is a big Labrador btw). He is a MENACE.
The poor dog puts up with so much from him without a complaint. Heā€™s a saint.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I swear to god if I have to say ā€œno darling we stroooooke dogs, we donā€™t pull their furā€ one more time I will lose my bleeping mind
Omfg just put this on my gravestone pls just change ā€˜donā€™t pull themā€™ to ā€˜donā€™t slap themā€™
Thank god we have the most patient dog in the world

Omfg just put this on my gravestone pls just change ā€˜donā€™t pull themā€™ to ā€˜donā€™t slap themā€™
Our other kids have also loved DoggyMe (not to this level though) and the obsession does fade after a while!

ToddlerMe is obsessed with the dog. He gets his lead and tries to put it on (which is just whacKing the dog with the lead) and when we are walking him he cries until he can hold the lead. When we are at the caravan we have a cage for the dog, and ToddlerMe gets in the cage with the dog if you take your eyes off him for a second (just to say our dog isnā€™t crate trained, so he doesnā€™t have any special love for the crate, and he doesnā€™t seem to mind ToddlerMe getting in there, but we always take the beast out when we see it!) He also sits on his head, puts food in the dogā€™s mouth for him, tries to ride him like a horse (this is a big Labrador btw). He is a MENACE.
I didnā€™t know you had a dog .. sounds like carnage šŸ˜‚ baby Waka LOVES to tease the cat and dog with food, the dog loves her apple biscotti biscuit things and giggles when she pulls it back, we donā€™t play teasing games with her so sheā€™s discovered that all on her own. She drags the heavy leather collar around the place & today when I put the food out for the cat and dog I could hear her going ā€˜mmmmā€™ while looking at the bowl šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ah Labs are the bestā¤
We used to be exactly the same with my Aunties Lab! šŸ˜

• Heart
I didnā€™t know you had a dog .. sounds like carnage šŸ˜‚ baby Waka LOVES to tease the cat and dog with food, the dog loves her apple biscotti biscuit things and giggles when she pulls it back, we donā€™t play teasing games with her so sheā€™s discovered that all on her own. She drags the heavy leather collar around the place & today when I put the food out for the cat and dog I could hear her going ā€˜mmmmā€™ while looking at the bowl šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
Mmmm dog food šŸ¤®

Yes we have the worldā€™s largest Labrador. And yes, it is carnage šŸ¤£ Was chatting to a German man at the weekend when we were out and he just looked and said ā€œFour is a lot of childrenā€¦ AND A DOG šŸ˜Ø that is a lot!ā€.
Whereas I was thinking he was a hero because he and his other half had two little ones in one of those teeny VW campervans

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Baby C has recently started to become aware of our dog and it's the sweetest thing. I can just tell they're going to be as thick as thieves. The cat on the other hand is not to be trusted at all but thankfully keeps his distance from all humans except me. šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh my god the slapping as well, thatā€™s when sheā€™s trying to be nice šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

Hahah thatā€™s so cute! Our pup is recovering from a minor op so got the crate out for her as a little safe place, but leave the door open for her to come and go, and every time my back is turned the baby is trying to get in with her. She just lays her head on her neck like she knows sheā€™s poorly and doesnā€™t try to pull her fur, so thereā€™s clearly some self awareness! Gotta love a lab haha, friendly giants

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I know I'm getting old. I bought new trainers today.
Saw some cheap converse/vans type shoes which is what I'd normally go for and thought.. "No... I must buy for comfort. These won't be comfy"

And bought some light supportive trainers šŸ™ƒ

Just thought I'd add that in to my popping the ball comment.
I'm officially an old person.

I got some new Vans for my birthday. Iā€™ve had to take out a small mortgage on Compeed blister patches, why do the hurt when they are so pretty šŸ˜­

Baby C has recently started to become aware of our dog and it's the sweetest thing. I can just tell they're going to be as thick as thieves. The cat on the other hand is not to be trusted at all but thankfully keeps his distance from all humans except me. šŸ˜‚
My cat must think sheā€™s a dog, she will go & lie right next to the baby. Sheā€™s really good and just lightly touches the cat ( which is amazing for a 1yo) babies face just lights up when she sees the cat & she crawls at lightning speed towards the cat flap when she hears it šŸ„°.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Has anybody elseā€™s dog taken a while to get used to their baby? I mentioned on here when Ems was born that my 12 year old jack russell was struggling a lot (Poppy has since been diagnosed with noise phobia so baby noises would set her off).

We hired a dog trainer/behaviourist and she is definitely a whole lot better but she still isnā€™t quite there? She is very curious about the baby and will wag her tail a lot but still seems unsure of her.

Sometimes she is constantly seeking the baby out and other times she wonā€™t come near her.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.