New baby and post birth advice #19 Marching to the beat of our tiny dictators drums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They totally do. I have a confession in that I secretly hate weaning (this seems to be an unpopular decision but I stand by it). But the only upside is you can throw food on their tray and at least eat your own dinner while itā€™s hot
This was a pro to weaning until I read the rest of the thread now this is the only pro to a long list of cons šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Glad to hear everyone else dislikes weaning. Iā€™ve been dreading it. Weā€™ve only just started and Iā€™m already finding it stressful. Weā€™re also about to have our kitchen ripped out and redone. I get mum guilt giving them pouches when you see mums on insta making gourmet meals. Who has the time šŸ˜©.

Reactions: 4
Glad to hear everyone else dislikes weaning. Iā€™ve been dreading it. Weā€™ve only just started and Iā€™m already finding it stressful. Weā€™re also about to have our kitchen ripped out and redone. I get mum guilt giving them pouches when you see mums on insta making gourmet meals. Who has the time šŸ˜©.
Not scared to admit we use pouches more than we do anything else. I've not the time to be bleding and prepping daily. Not when there's 2 of them plus a fussy 9 year old.
Don't beat yourself up, honestly they'll be eating sand soon enough.

Reactions: 6
Been struck down with some kind of mysterious illness, everything hurts, I thought it was covid but Iā€™m testing negative. The baby wonā€™t sleep, and the step son who usually happily sits and plays lego or watches a film decided he wanted to ā€œplay exerciseā€ today, so I had to do a really tit attempt at a PE lesson, I havenā€™t exercised since before I was pregnant šŸ˜… I couldnā€™t think of many exercises so ended up making loads up and making them boring like balance on one leg, and he kept asking for more, I was just internally screaming MAKE IT STOP. The knobwaffle told me I need to make life easier for myself because I try to do too much, when he just played fifa today and not much else šŸ¤Ø not sure who he thinks will look after these kids if we donā€™t.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I absolutely hate weaning too! Sheā€™s 9mo and weā€™re doing 2 meals a day atm. She has free reign at tea time but I feed her breakfast because itā€™s too early in the day to be cleaning porridge/weetabix off of the walls šŸ™ƒ I also really struggle trying to think of different meals, especially because most of it just ends up on the floor or thrown around the kitchen and then I just thinkā€¦ whatā€™s the point?!

Reactions: 7
Not scared to admit we use pouches more than we do anything else. I've not the time to be bleding and prepping daily. Not when there's 2 of them plus a fussy 9 year old.
Don't beat yourself up, honestly they'll be eating sand soon enough.
We love a pouch here too. Her packed lunch for nursery is always a pouch, chopped fruit and a yoghurt pouch. Our nursery is dominated by cliquey yummy mummies (who, side note, fawn over a couple of the dads in the drop off queue which is hilarious) so Iā€™m too scared to ask the nursery what other kids have for inspo because itā€™ll definitely be some kind of homemade three course extravaganza thatā€™ll make me feel rubbish. Ignorance is bliss!

We love a pouch here too. Her packed lunch for nursery is always a pouch, chopped fruit and a yoghurt pouch. Our nursery is dominated by cliquey yummy mummies (who, side note, fawn over a couple of the dads in the drop off queue which is hilarious) so Iā€™m too scared to ask the nursery what other kids have for inspo because itā€™ll definitely be some kind of homemade three course extravaganza thatā€™ll make me feel rubbish. Ignorance is bliss!
Who has the time to make their little darlings (shits) baked kale with a side of avocado? Have a bit of pasta and dunk it in your yoghurt, go wild kiddo.

• Haha
Who has the time to make their little darlings (shits) baked kale with a side of avocado? Have a bit of pasta and dunk it in your yoghurt, go wild kiddo.
Baby tango has had blueberries and salmon in her hands eating it together this week and banana and carrot together .. Heston blumenthal who?

We had a hike today and plonked her on the grass for her lunch, she also enjoyed a dried leaf, a tiny gritty root of something and some grass. Iā€™m totally going for Ellaā€™s kitchenā€™s crown

• Haha
Baby tango has had blueberries and salmon in her hands eating it together this week and banana and carrot together .. Heston blumenthal who?

We had a hike today and plonked her on the grass for her lunch, she also enjoyed a dried leaf, a tiny gritty root of something and some grass. Iā€™m totally going for Ellaā€™s kitchenā€™s crown
Canā€™t beat a good bit of grass though can you? When we take all of them (dogs and baby) out for a picnic they all munch on grass, itā€™s like having a little herd of cows

(Ps if you do make your child a three course extravaganza, you go mumma! My previous post was entirely related to the small group of cliquey mums who all turn up in their Porsche wearing gym kit that costs more than most peoples monthly food bill)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
So glad everyone uses pouches! I do too. The only thing Iā€™ve made for her to not eat is mashed potato šŸ˜‚ i feel so tit when I see mums on insta making chia seed finger things and blending up avocados but I know for a fact I would be 100% be wasting time & money doing it as she wonā€™t eat it.
She wonā€™t eat this morning. 2oz. Donā€™t know whatā€™s is up with her. Driving me insane.

• Heart
Do babies have sensors that youā€™re about to eat so theyā€™re suddenly starving as well. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ate a meal when itā€™s ready or before itā€™s cold in weeks šŸ˜‚
I have the same issue especially when me and my husband make dinner together in the evenings. We literally think we will have 5 minutes to ourselves. Nope. My husband thinks itā€™s because she doesnā€™t want a brother or sister. šŸ¤£

• Haha
Love how you can always count on this thread for the real honest talk!

I had a go at making an insta-mum recipe for veg cheese and egg muffins earlier this week. I hate egg, so I thought they stank šŸ˜‚ Baby was not bothered by them in the slightest, had the tiniest amount and then wolfed down a peppa pig yoghurt instead šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
Love how you can always count on this thread for the real honest talk!

I had a go at making an insta-mum recipe for veg cheese and egg muffins earlier this week. I hate egg, so I thought they stank šŸ˜‚ Baby was not bothered by them in the slightest, had the tiniest amount and then wolfed down a peppa pig yoghurt instead šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
I've tried the odd fancy thing I've seen on Instagram when the mum guilt has got too much. And every single thing I tried was rejected šŸ™ƒ
Not even bothered trying some with Everleigh šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Weaning and potty training are the devils work!! My midwife who is an absolute legend runs baby groups in my area and she does weaning talks. Her biggest rule is donā€™t wean babies with food from baby books or social media. If as a family you donā€™t eat stuff like avocado then donā€™t give it to your baby, your favourite tool should be a fork or a masher and baby has everything you eat as a family in smaller pieces whether thatā€™s a roast dinner, spag Bol or fish fingers if you canā€™t be arsed to cook. Seems like good advice to me!! And if baby O is going to be anything like one of my others then she will only eat chicken nuggets and chips for the next five years anyway!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
And if baby O is going to be anything like one of my others then she will only eat chicken nuggets and chips for the next five years anyway!
Yup! The main variation in Toddler Runners diet is what shape the frozen potato comes in each day šŸ˜‚ Waffles, chips, smileys, stars, curly friesā€¦ now you canā€™t tell me thatā€™s not a varied diet šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Yup! The main variation in Toddler Runners diet is what shape the frozen potato comes in each day šŸ˜‚ Waffles, chips, smileys, stars, curly friesā€¦ now you canā€™t tell me thatā€™s not a varied diet šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
This is our meals too šŸ˜‚
Alphabet letters too. Hash browns šŸ˜‚
My freezer is full of different potato things šŸ˜‚

All the kids love super noodles too šŸ˜‚

Pasta and sauce is an easy one they all love as well šŸ˜‚

Alphabet potato shapes and spaghetti teach them how to spell too so winner!! Winning at this parenting malarkey we are. The way is look at it is itā€™s been 27 years since I had my 1st baby and the advice was waaaayyyyy different then and she turned out ok!! Baby O should be fine too šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
If as a family you donā€™t eat stuff like avocado then donā€™t give it to your baby
I say the same to new mums! We have our realistic set of family meals, and there is no point me trying to force fancy insta meals in there to wean that, after a few months, arenā€™t ever gonna be made again.

If it ain't pizza, I canā€™t guarantee everyone in this house will eat it. Even chips and pasta arenā€™t always safe šŸ™„

I am that mum that made everything from scratch for child 1 and still do now she's nearly 3, however I feel like that's going to be a hell of a lot harder with the second child as I have so much less time!
My eldest was such a brilliant eater until she turned 2.5 and since then she'll basically only eat pasta with a couple of different sauces I make, stir fry, sweet potatoes, fish and a few different veggies. Which I know isn't terrible but I miss the days when she'd tuck into loads of curry or lentil stew or basically anything I plonked in front of her!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.