New baby and post birth advice #19 Marching to the beat of our tiny dictators drums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mr annoyed is throwing up and orange is really bunged up I’m the only one keeping this together atm I am knackered 😑

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The baby has just slept from about 9.30pm til 5.15am 😱 am I daft for hoping to get a bit more sleep once’s he’s had milk 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
T1 slept 630pm-7am 🤯. Ever since she has mastered rolling both ways and can sleep on her tummy she’s slept solidly. It’s like she’s finally comfy in her cot. I know they’re not supposed to sleep on their tummies but I feel too bad if I roll her back at night 🤷‍♀️. Does anyone else have tummy sleepers?

Reactions: 3
T1 slept 630pm-7am 🤯. Ever since she has mastered rolling both ways and can sleep on her tummy she’s slept solidly. It’s like she’s finally comfy in her cot. I know they’re not supposed to sleep on their tummies but I feel too bad if I roll her back at night 🤷‍♀️. Does anyone else have tummy sleepers?
Yeah, for about a week she has screamed when ended up on her tummy as she doesn’t associate it with sleeping but last couple nights she has ended up on her tummy so I’ve left her. I did roll her onto her back once as I was getting into bed incase she woke upset but after that I that her get on with it!

Reactions: 2
Once they can roll they’re fine to sleep on their tummies! Mine will only sleep on her side or her tummy, the minute she rolls onto her back she wakes up 🙄

I know everyone complains about their knobwaffles but I feel mine has topped them all.
Popped to my mums yesterday and she gave me some triple chocolate cookies and some of the shortbread chocolate cookie things.
Both older kids had one of the shortbread things and my Mum had one too. Left one for me. I managed 2 bites out of it whilst the kids were having dinner later on.

Said to my partner. You can have one of the triple choc cookies to put in your pack up.
Come downstairs this morning and I think.. Ooh. I can finish my shortbread.
But where is it?
Nowehre. Where are the cookies?
Nowhere.
Because he took the part eaten shortbread. Ate it himself and shared the other 4 cookies with people at work 🙃🙃

After 2 hours sleep and 2 the night before, did I cry over cookies? Yes I did.

He went.. "Well, I hadn't had one of them in ages"
That's nice mate.
Neither had I.

This rant has made me feel better 😂

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I know everyone complains about their knobwaffles but I feel mine has topped them all.
Popped to my mums yesterday and she gave me some triple chocolate cookies and some of the shortbread chocolate cookie things.
Both older kids had one of the shortbread things and my Mum had one too. Left one for me. I managed 2 bites out of it whilst the kids were having dinner later on.

Said to my partner. You can have one of the triple choc cookies to put in your pack up.
But where is it?
Nowhere.
Because he took the part eaten shortbread. Ate it himself and shared the other 4 cookies with people at work 🙃🙃

That's nice mate.
Neither had I.

The day is young, but definitely a title contender for todays knobwaffle award.

I hope you can get to a shop or something and pick yourself up some more cookies!

But where is it?
Nowhere.

That's nice mate.
Neither had I.

I HATE when people eat my food that I've been looking forward to 🤣 so he is defo a top tier knobwaffle today 🤬

Reactions: 5
@WhatABore i HATE when my BF eats things I specifically had planned to eat! I have started hiding my snacks in a box in the cleaning cupboard because we all know he never goes in there 😅

• Haha
Wait WHAT. He shared them out at work??! That takes the absolute knobwaffle award!

• Haha
Once they can roll they’re fine to sleep on their tummies! Mine will only sleep on her side or her tummy, the minute she rolls onto her back she wakes up 🙄
Ah ok I wasn’t sure as I guess it’s drummed into since birth “they must always sleep on their backs”. Makes you panic soon as you see them asleep on their tummy

@WhatABore i HATE when my BF eats things I specifically had planned to eat! I have started hiding my snacks in a box in the cleaning cupboard because we all know he never goes in there 😅
I'd been thinking about it all night. Getting to come down to my left over shortbread 😂😂

Reactions: 1
This is also my child when she’s not Poorly she loves sleeping on her tummy xx

As long as they turn there themselves, it's perfectly fine 😊
All my kids have been stomach sleepers from as soon as they could roll 😊

Ladies, how do I cut the 11pm dream feed and someone tell me I can stop the twins waking at 5am. I'm too tired to keep being tag teamed at 5am😪😂

• Heart
Ladies, how do I cut the 11pm dream feed and someone tell me I can stop the twins waking at 5am. I'm too tired to keep being tag teamed at 5am😪😂
I’m mean, we’ve gone cold Turkey. I did give her warm water for a bit so she was used to not having the hood stuff at night (she has 3 meals, snacks and x4 8oz bottles in the day!)
With our 5am wake ups I cut day naps to 30 mins and gave her a 10 min bridging nap 4/5ish to get her to 7/8
It’s brutal isn’t it

I have no advice on the 5am thing. I'd like that too 😂 and I'm dreading it being when people say "Some kids are just early risers"
And I'm praying it's not true because Everleigh has never slept past 6am. 6am is a lay in😂

• Haha
I have no advice on the 5am thing. I'd like that too 😂 and I'm dreading it being when people say "Some kids are just early risers"
And I'm praying it's not true because Everleigh has never slept past 6am. 6am is a lay in😂
If it helps, the eldest was one of those "early rise things" if the sun was up, so was he. We had plenty of 4am wake ups! The past few weeks though he's been in bed till gone 9, which would be ideal, if I didn't have new babies😂

I’m mean, we’ve gone cold Turkey. I did give her warm water for a bit so she was used to not having the hood stuff at night (she has 3 meals, snacks and x4 8oz bottles in the day!)
With our 5am wake ups I cut day naps to 30 mins and gave her a 10 min bridging nap 4/5ish to get her to 7/8
It’s brutal isn’t it
It really is, these two are on 2/3 meals a day it all depends on their mood and the school run. They're on 4 bottles in the day at 7ozs but they never finish it all as they're clearly full, I need to knock feeding on the head at 11 because by the time I'm done it's 1am, then it takes a good hour for me to convince myself They're OK and for me to sleep then were back at it at 5 🥴
I'll give cutting naps a go tomorrow because they've had a 2 & a half hour one from 6.30am because we were all tired and I made the most of the eldest being at his Nans😂

• Heart
my baby will only sleep on her tummy too and now she’s over 6 months I let her 😬

If it helps, the eldest was one of those "early rise things" if the sun was up, so was he. We had plenty of 4am wake ups! The past few weeks though he's been in bed till gone 9, which would be ideal, if I didn't have new babies😂

It really is, these two are on 2/3 meals a day it all depends on their mood and the school run. They're on 4 bottles in the day at 7ozs but they never finish it all as they're clearly full, I need to knock feeding on the head at 11 because by the time I'm done it's 1am, then it takes a good hour for me to convince myself They're OK and for me to sleep then were back at it at 5 🥴
I'll give cutting naps a go tomorrow because they've had a 2 & a half hour one from 6.30am because we were all tired and I made the most of the eldest being at his Nans😂
Yes I loved getting in bed and napping but I think I was giving her an extension of her night sleep when I should have been making her power through and catch up in the night. Tricky because we need to sleep too! That is absolutely brutal. A few sleepy times this week I have just given her the bottle in the cot and let her feed herself, I am so tired!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.