New baby and post birth advice #19 Marching to the beat of our tiny dictators drums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love how you can always count on this thread for the real honest talk!

I had a go at making an insta-mum recipe for veg cheese and egg muffins earlier this week. I hate egg, so I thought they stank šŸ˜‚ Baby was not bothered by them in the slightest, had the tiniest amount and then wolfed down a peppa pig yoghurt instead šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
Ugh egg šŸ¤® someone else is going to have to cook egg for my baby to eat, I just canā€™t make the smell and the mess afterwards šŸ¤¢ Iā€™d be put off eating for life.

my baby literally has two spoon fulls (sometimes more) of food so far, she doesnā€™t even like the Ellaā€™s kitchen pouches, Iā€™ve just been boiling and then blending frozen veg so far.

Reactions: 2
Out of the 3 kids, I made the most "effort" with my first. Having the extra time ect to make different meals, try new things.
And out of all 3 of them, he's always been the pickiest eater

I never bothered trying potato when i was weaning with baby tango because what kids doesnā€™t like fries, mashed potato, hash browns šŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ugh egg šŸ¤® someone else is going to have to cook egg for my baby to eat, I just canā€™t make the smell and the mess afterwards šŸ¤¢ Iā€™d be put off eating for life.

my baby literally has two spoon fulls (sometimes more) of food so far, she doesnā€™t even like the Ellaā€™s kitchen pouches, Iā€™ve just been boiling and then blending frozen veg so far.
Everleigh would only eat sweet pouches. Don't think we ever got her to eat a savory one

Everleigh would only eat sweet pouches. Don't think we ever got her to eat a savory one
sheā€™s not even a fan of the sweet pouches, I gave her a strawberry yoghurt one and youā€™d think I was poisoning her šŸ™ˆ šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø May be sheā€™s still getting use to it all.

• Haha
Weaning and potty training are the devils work!! My midwife who is an absolute legend runs baby groups in my area and she does weaning talks. Her biggest rule is donā€™t wean babies with food from baby books or social media. If as a family you donā€™t eat stuff like avocado then donā€™t give it to your baby, your favourite tool should be a fork or a masher and baby has everything you eat as a family in smaller pieces whether thatā€™s a roast dinner, spag Bol or fish fingers if you canā€™t be arsed to cook. Seems like good advice to me!! And if baby O is going to be anything like one of my others then she will only eat chicken nuggets and chips for the next five years anyway!
Love that advice. I wouldnā€™t eat flax seeds and chia soaked oats so why would she? You just see this insta mums showing off and you canā€™t help but feel guilty youā€™re trying to wrestle a pouch of banana purĆ©e down your little one ā˜¹

Reactions: 5
Ugh I wish babies fell asleep when they are tired rather than causing a commotion and screaming for 30 mins šŸ˜…

I know itā€™s time for sleep when heā€™s had milk, change then been awake for a while but he struggles to drop off himself. He sleeps if we go out, he sleeps very well in the car and pram BUT if I am staying in the house he doesnā€™t have those things to send him off to sleep so ends up crying and getting upset. A dark room, lots of shushing and white noise finally sent him off but this happens every morning when I stay in. Do I have to go out every day to get him to have this nap?šŸ˜³

Reactions: 3

Oooh I loveee eggs. Going to try the food hater on scrambled egg next week. At least if she doesnā€™t eat it Iā€™ll eat it

• Sick
Reactions: 1
I have the same issue especially when me and my husband make dinner together in the evenings. We literally think we will have 5 minutes to ourselves. Nope. My husband thinks itā€™s because she doesnā€™t want a brother or sister. šŸ¤£
Those babies know if you have too much quiet time alone together youā€™ll make another one šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Ugh I wish babies fell asleep when they are tired rather than causing a commotion and screaming for 30 mins šŸ˜…

I know itā€™s time for sleep when heā€™s had milk, change then been awake for a while but he struggles to drop off himself. He sleeps if we go out, he sleeps very well in the car and pram BUT if I am staying in the house he doesnā€™t have those things to send him off to sleep so ends up crying and getting upset. A dark room, lots of shushing and white noise finally sent him off but this happens every morning when I stay in. Do I have to go out every day to get him to have this nap?šŸ˜³
Could you bring the pram inside if he sleeps well in it?

We love a pouch here too. Her packed lunch for nursery is always a pouch, chopped fruit and a yoghurt pouch. Our nursery is dominated by cliquey yummy mummies (who, side note, fawn over a couple of the dads in the drop off queue which is hilarious) so Iā€™m too scared to ask the nursery what other kids have for inspo because itā€™ll definitely be some kind of homemade three course extravaganza thatā€™ll make me feel rubbish. Ignorance is bliss!
My eldest was having sandwiches at 7 months šŸ˜‚ people weā€™re shocked when they saw her eating them, but she loved them!

I never bothered trying potato when i was weaning with baby tango because what kids doesnā€™t like fries, mashed potato, hash browns šŸ˜†
My 6 year old šŸ˜­ and I wish I was joking

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm almost 30 & I won't eat mash. Its awful. But I'll happily eat anything that has potato inside. Mash can get in the bin.

• Haha
I think itā€™s amusing we all pay extra for protein and potatoes to be shaped like minions or dinosaurs etc but then cut them up to cool down and be easier to eat so the kid never really sees the shape anyway šŸ˜‚

when I was weaning my eldest he ate most thinfsā€¦fast forward To him being 18 months old in first lockdown, both of us being key workers but his nursery staying closed as couldnā€™t staff it. We were working insane hours trying to get our hours in and sharing chunks of childcare during the dayā€¦so he just got a freezer tea every day and we ate crap whenever we could. Now heā€™s a right bloody 3.5 year old fussy eater who only eats meat if itā€™s shaped and covered in breacrumb. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Mash is my favourite. Love it in a nice, fresh piece of white bread covered in light cover butter šŸ¤¤

• Haha
At nursery though the 3 year old eats fish pie, salads and all sorts. I try and make whatever heā€™s loved that week and apparently asked for seconds of only for him to stay ā€œno I only like forest school casseroleā€

or my favourite ā€œI only like forest school orangesā€.An orange is a sodding orange!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.