New baby and post birth advice #19 Marching to the beat of our tiny dictators drums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do babies have sensors that you’re about to eat so they’re suddenly starving as well. I don’t think I’ve ate a meal when it’s ready or before it’s cold in weeks 😂
They definitely do! Mine will be as happy as Larry or fast asleep, the moment I pick up my fork there’s muuuurder.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
They definitely do! Mine will be as happy as Larry or fast asleep, the moment I pick up my fork there’s muuuurder.
Literally! We were having a great time singing Frozen my knobwaffle asked if I wanted beans the baby immediately started screaming to be fed I wouldn’t mind i’d fed him 40 minutes ago 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Baby tango can stand in her cot now, she’s so tired but obviously the novelty of looking around hasn’t worn off yet. Do I leave her!? She’s talking to herself and trying to touch my duvet cover!? She’s 8 months, should she even be doing this… I miss sleepy newborn days 😩😩😩

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Do babies have sensors that you’re about to eat so they’re suddenly starving as well. I don’t think I’ve ate a meal when it’s ready or before it’s cold in weeks 😂
They totally do. I have a confession in that I secretly hate weaning (this seems to be an unpopular decision but I stand by it). But the only upside is you can throw food on their tray and at least eat your own dinner while it’s hot

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Baby tango can stand in her cot now, she’s so tired but obviously the novelty of looking around hasn’t worn off yet. Do I leave her!? She’s talking to herself and trying to touch my duvet cover!? She’s 8 months, should she even be doing this… I miss sleepy newborn days 😩😩😩
I'd personally leave her to it 😊
They usually start pulling themselves up around 8/9 months. And then it's constant 😂
As soon as she wakes up, she'll be up at the bars 😂

• Haha
I'd personally leave her to it 😊
They usually start pulling themselves up around 8/9 months. And then it's constant 😂
As soon as she wakes up, she'll be up at the bars 😂
I know they’re not recommended but have you used a cot bumper? I don’t know if she can get herself down without whacking her head. She ended up crying so I got her but it happens through the night too and I reposition her. Never knew the cot would bring so much chaos 😂

Why is she practically 5 years old now 😪😪 where’s the time going!

I know they’re not recommended but have you used a cot bumper? I don’t know if she can get herself down without whacking her head. She ended up crying so I got her but it happens through the night too and I reposition her. Never knew the cot would bring so much chaos 😂
Everleigh bangs her head all the time and she doesn't even care 😂 she's in another room and the bang wakes me up sometimes yet she just lays down and goes back to sleep.
Probably knocks herself out tbh 😂

We did use some kind of cot bumpers with my second. However, this wasn't until she was like 1 🤔 and they wrapped around each individual bar

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Everleigh bangs her head all the time and she doesn't even care 😂 she's in another room and the bang wakes me up sometimes yet she just lays down and goes back to sleep.
Probably knocks herself out tbh 😂

We did use some kind of cot bumpers with my second. However, this wasn't until she was like 1 🤔 and they wrapped around each individual bar
My friend said her baby does the same. Baby tango is like me, dramatically cries 😂 total fun fest at 2am

Why is she practically 5 years old now 😪😪 where’s the time going!
I know!! She’s learnt so much in the last few weeks I wasn’t ready 😰

• Heart
I don't know if these would be any good or acceptable 😂
But if they are, I guess it's better than just wood 😂
Yes thank you, I’m going to invest. I’ve reintroduced the dummy as we’re week 7 of interrupted sleep and I’ve spent the last 3 nights looking for them with my phone light every 30 mins! 🥱

Reactions: 1
God men are so selfish aren’t they. I have started doing similar to my partner …. “I’m off out I’ll be back in X amount of time” and I’ll leave him with the baby. He can do it, so can I! Sometimes he’s gone for 2hr at the gym and I feel guilty for being an hour doing the food shop so he can swivel and do his bit so I can get my exercise in too!
Yeah I always rush the food shop too - like it’s any sort of break anyway! He had the cheek to message me on the train home (at 6, so already an hour later than he said) to ask what was for dinner. Cheeky sod 🙄

They totally do. I have a confession in that I secretly hate weaning (this seems to be an unpopular decision but I stand by it). But the only upside is you can throw food on their tray and at least eat your own dinner while it’s hot
I’m not loving weaning so much any more either! It was ok when she was just having porridge and purées but I hate the mess of giving her proper food. I still do, of course, but it’s so much cleaning up on top of everything else. I’m aware I sound lazy 😂 but I just can’t deal with the mess!

• Heart
Ladies, how do I cut the 11pm dream feed and someone tell me I can stop the twins waking at 5am. I'm too tired to keep being tag teamed at 5am😪😂
My wee one has recently been wakening up at 5am & we have no idea why. Just started happening all of a sudden! I’ve tried extending his bedtime by like 30 mins but he’s no for having it 😂
We also just started trying to bottle him today. He’s been completely breastfed but I’m away for 2 nights in 4 weeks time so he needs to get used to a bottle asap

Reactions: 4
I’m not loving weaning so much any more either! It was ok when she was just having porridge and purées but I hate the mess of giving her proper food. I still do, of course, but it’s so much cleaning up on top of everything else. I’m aware I sound lazy 😂 but I just can’t deal with the mess!
We did BLW with Toddler Runner. And every stage is annoying. In the beginning they hardly eat anything, and relatives tell me I’m starving her and I’m cruel. Then she learns to eat a bit but gags a lot and MIL accused me of nearly killing her, and I kept having to say no, babies are MEANT to gag, it means they’re not choking, gagging is a good thing… then they reach the stage where for some reason it’s hilarious to throw things off the edge of the tray and I spend forever cleaning up. Oh, or the fun stage where she’d pick up her whole bowl of food and decide to wear it as a hat… and then eventually you get to toddler age and they’ll only eat beige food anyway, despite the fact you went through all the above hassle because you’d read BLW stops fussy eating - clearly it doesn’t, kids just love plain pasta and no one likes broccoli

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I hate weaning with a passion.
I'd rather have a bath with my toaster. I'm over it.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
We did BLW with Toddler Runner. And every stage is annoying. In the beginning they hardly eat anything, and relatives tell me I’m starving her and I’m cruel. Then she learns to eat a bit but gags a lot and MIL accused me of nearly killing her, and I kept having to say no, babies are MEANT to gag, it means they’re not choking, gagging is a good thing… then they reach the stage where for some reason it’s hilarious to throw things off the edge of the tray and I spend forever cleaning up. Oh, or the fun stage where she’d pick up her whole bowl of food and decide to wear it as a hat… and then eventually you get to toddler age and they’ll only eat beige food anyway, despite the fact you went through all the above hassle because you’d read BLW stops fussy eating - clearly it doesn’t, kids just love plain pasta and no one likes broccoli
Omg I hate weaning, it’s messy and it’s faff and I’m shite at cooking at the best of times 😂
She also no longer eats anything I cook, instead the dog puts her paws on the e bottom of the highchair and she feeds anything she’s eating to the dog, and then has a sip of water and spins the beaker around so the dog can drink too. Never seen anything like it 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Omg I hate weaning, it’s messy and it’s faff and I’m shite at cooking at the best of times 😂
She also no longer eats anything I cook, instead the dog puts her paws on the e bottom of the highchair and she feeds anything she’s eating to the dog, and then has a sip of water and spins the beaker around so the dog can drink too. Never seen anything like it 🤣🤣🤣
Haha I remember it being peak pandemic and I watched Toddler Runner feed the dog an entire bowl of pasta. And I just remember thinking, kid you’ve got no idea people are literally punching each other in the shops over pasta and here’s you feeding a whole bowl of spaghetti to a dog

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’m glad it’s not just me who hates weaning. We’re not even at the messy stage yet cuz the weirdo won’t feed herself but she just hates eating. Bottles, food, everything. She does like her sippy cup of water though. But she always chokes on it and then gets wind 🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Sad
  • Heart
Weaning is the worst. Baby Me now does eat, but when he’s had enough he starts swiping his hands over the high chair tray to push everything off the edge. He is also a big fan of picking food up and the stuffing it down his crotch 🥴🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Weaning is the worst. Baby Me now does eat, but when he’s had enough he starts swiping his hands over the high chair tray to push everything off the edge. He is also a big fan of picking food up and the stuffing it down his crotch 🥴🥴
Baby me is awesome 🙌🏻
For you, probably not so much, but I love his stories😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.