New baby and post birth advice #19 Marching to the beat of our tiny dictators drums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Woke up to one baby piss wet thru because of a leaky nappy, another baby had the mother of all poonamis it was up to her shoulders I didn't know where I was starting or what to do🤯
Dirty little critters babies are, aren't they. I have a feeling it's gonna be one of those days😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Wedding?! Doughnuts?! Not sure if I missed this but Best of luck! 👰‍♀️ 💍 🤍
Thank you! We’re already legally married (we had tiny ceremony in 2020). We’re having the postponed reception next weekend, which was originally booked for sept 2020 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So last night baby slept all night (well 9-6) but in bed with me. Is it possible for them to have separation anxiety at night for sleep but not for nursery? She’s like it at nursery too now, she loves being there but if the leave her alone to sleep she goes mad whereas before she napped well there. It’s the same here, she falls asleep easily but screams until she’s almost sick when she’s left alone, but if I stay with her (either in her cot or our bed£ she sleeps rsolidly
Don't have much advice really but Everleigh won't go to sleep unless we're in the room or she will scream until she's sick.
We have to sit in her room until she's fully asleep.
Try and escape early and she'll wake up fully and start screaming.
It's the same in the night if she wakes up.
Have to stay in there until she goes back to sleep.
She's always been like this. Where as my other 2, I could lay them down, give them their bottle and they'd just turn over and go to sleep or make noises to themselves until they went sleep.
So it certainly isn't something we're doing as we've done exactly the same routines with all 3

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Baby and toddler slept until 6:20 today! 🙌 Toddler has woken between 4:30 and 5:30 almost every day in the last 6 weeks since baby was born.
(Baby was up at 2 and 4:30 too... I haven't got a unicorn 6 week old, don't worry!) but so nice not to have to start the day at 5am!

Had to do a lateral flow test on the toddler though which basically means pinning her down and her crying hysterically so that was lots of fun, thankfully negative so she can still go to nursery, phew!

• Heart
Don't have much advice really but Everleigh won't go to sleep unless we're in the room or she will scream until she's sick.
We have to sit in her room until she's fully asleep.
Try and escape early and she'll wake up fully and start screaming.
It's the same in the night if she wakes up.
Have to stay in there until she goes back to sleep.
She's always been like this. Where as my other 2, I could lay them down, give them their bottle and they'd just turn over and go to sleep or make noises to themselves until they went sleep.
So it certainly isn't something we're doing as we've done exactly the same routines with all 3
This seems to have come on over the last couple of weeks really, managed to get her to sleep by herself using spaced soothing, then she was poorly and it all went out the window and since then she’ll only sleep if I’m next to her 🤷🏼‍♀️ Glad it isn’t just me and isn’t something I’m doing wrong!

Reactions: 1
Why do they have to take our happiness like that, my joy came from arguing with my knobwaffle over the last one and sneaking it before he got a chance 😂

my mums tested positive for covid thinking she’s got it from the Little Mix show 😩 I only have one jab, has anyone had covid when their baby had no immunisations? Is there anything I need to look out for? If I have it how do I test him? Do I test him?
I’ve not been vaccinated personal choice they tested orange in hospital but I didn’t test her when I think she had it because I didn’t want to make her cry more sticking the sticks up her nose etc mine started with a really bad throat then bunged up super tired I also had a bad tummy but to be fair it didn’t last long for me. Orange slept more than usual and was very clingy I just gave her calpol and lots of cuddles xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
After his quest for blood yesterday, Tommy has slept for about 6-7 hours since midnight and had to be woken for his milk every time. Who is this boy and where is my child? :eek: Although as wonderful as it is, I don't want to have to endure 12 hours of screaming daily to get a night's sleep 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Baby T is absolutely obsessed with looking at the ceiling in the living room, he just stares at it for ages at times, and laughs and smiles at it as if it’s a person talking to him, he’s not like this with any other object and there’s nothing there for him to look at. He does it so much now that we joke about it, and last night I said maybe there’s a ghost up there. My MIL then said that when her daughter was a few years old, she used to talk about the old lady who would float over her head. I’m slightly terrified, but equally I now know I can just leave the baby led on his changing mat staring at the ceiling and he will happily laugh and gurgle whilst I make a cup of tea or get something else done 🤣 does this make me a bad mum 👻

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Baby T is absolutely obsessed with looking at the ceiling in the living room, he just stares at it for ages at times, and laughs and smiles at it as if it’s a person talking to him, he’s not like this with any other object and there’s nothing there for him to look at. He does it so much now that we joke about it, and last night I said maybe there’s a ghost up there. My MIL then said that when her daughter was a few years old, she used to talk about the old lady who would float over her head. I’m slightly terrified, but equally I now know I can just leave the baby led on his changing mat staring at the ceiling and he will happily laugh and gurgle whilst I make a cup of tea or get something else done 🤣 does this make me a bad mum 👻

I posted before about how my daughter talks about a man in the room that she's seen in hers and her Sisters room. She covers her ears when she walks past her Sisters room.
Also a man that comes out her TV and out the window. Visa versa.
Creeps me out.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I posted before about how my daughter talks about a man in the room that she's seen in hers and her Sisters room. She covers her ears when she walks past her Sisters room.
Also a man that comes out her TV and out the window. Visa versa.
Creeps me out.
:eek: That’s horrifying, I don’t think I’d be able to sleep, the TV ghost is the worst for me. My friends nephew used to talk about a man who comes into his room at night and sits on the end of the bed, when they asked him to describe the man he just used to say he’s really old and had 1 arm. I really hope baby T isn’t actually in touch with the paranormal world 😅 I’m such a whimp about that sort of stuff. For now he seems to like the ghost, if there is one😂 I can’t put him down anywhere else in the house though or he will scream, but the middle of the living room floor is great according to him 🤷‍♀️ Atleast my arms are getting a bit of a rest.

• Wow
Not at all, you’ve got to grab a moment’s peace when you can! Baby Cupcake always reserves his best smiles for the ceiling light in our living room, they’re such strange little creatures aren’t they?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@Dipdab you are the donut hero we didn’t know we needed! Hope the wedding goes perfectly for you! Have you got adorable dresses for the babies?

Reactions: 2
Why do they have to take our happiness like that, my joy came from arguing with my knobwaffle over the last one and sneaking it before he got a chance 😂

my mums tested positive for covid thinking she’s got it from the Little Mix show 😩 I only have one jab, has anyone had covid when their baby had no immunisations? Is there anything I need to look out for? If I have it how do I test him? Do I test him?
I had covid (but I had two jabs whilst preggers) little cat caught it too. She was ok, miserable and gave us a bit of a scare as she was absolutely boiling hot!!!! Baby neurofen and calpol together were recommended by a&e and she was fine after a week.
I did test her as we were meant to
Visit a relative. If you’re going to test, I did it up her nose very gently when she was a bit drowsy and very calm. Hopefully you’ll all be ok soon xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.