New baby and post birth advice #19 Marching to the beat of our tiny dictators drums

My baby is…

• Under 3 months

Votes: 33 27.7%
  • 4-6 months

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • 7-9 months

Votes: 21 17.6%
  • 10-12 months

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • 13-18 months

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • 19months - 2 years

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I’m pregnant and just reading ahead

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I’m neither pregnant nor a mum, I’m just being nosey

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I own the thread’s favourite parrot

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aaaaaand continue!

I’m never sure if I’m meant to write a summary for these threads. I think we’ve talked sleep deprivation, toddler tantrums, social anxiety… and of course the nominations for World’s Worst Knobwaffle award just keep rolling in…

• Heart
Reactions: 8
@Babyyoda88 i also have been to MILs today and come home equally annoyed as you!

Annoys the hell out of me how they are with the baby. All the time we are there they just fuss over the baby and “ohhh baby is doing this” “ohhh the baby is doing that” “that cry means he’s tired”. Just shut up please 😂

They’ve also bought some OTT elaborate cot rocker thing. She was shocked when the instructions said NOT for long periods of sleep. Please just stop. I know she’s keen but OMG irritates me when I go round 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Whoops....I almost picked the option about my actual baby and not the feathered fucker baby.

Here is the first class head himself to grace the thread 🤣 his phrase of the week has been shouting "you're a wee dick" to the BT guys working out the front of the house 🙃 meanwhile Hannah has once again decided sleep is for the weak and partying is the only way forward 🤣

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Oh wait. I feel awful @Definitelyme I forgot to ask if you and Baby Me had a nice 1st birthday?
😬 Sorryyyy
He did, thank you! We let him play with the hoover until he got bored (it’s his fave) and I also left his nappy off much of the day so he could fiddle with himself to his heart's content, another favourite activity 🙄🙄😂😂😂 so he couldn’t have asked for more really!

How did the cake toppers you made turn out also!!
😂😂😂

543387C5-9FF6-4A87-8D99-35B3E4D7086D.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 22
He did, thank you! We let him play with the hoover until he got bored (it’s his fave) and I also left his nappy off much of the day so he could fiddle with himself to his heart's content, another favourite activity 🙄🙄😂😂😂 so he couldn’t have asked for more really!

😂😂😂

View attachment 1233452
Hahaha what a birthday 😂😂 happy 1st birthday x

Whoops....I almost picked the option about my actual baby and not the feathered fucker baby.

Here is the first class head himself to grace the thread 🤣 his phrase of the week has been shouting "you're a wee dick" to the BT guys working out the front of the house 🙃 meanwhile Hannah has once again decided sleep is for the weak and partying is the only way forward 🤣
So cuteee. Why do babies fight sleep. Do they not know how good sleep is 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3

😂😂😂

View attachment 1233452
I mean isn't that every boys dream birthday? Being free to fiddle!

• Haha
@Babyyoda88 i also have been to MILs today and come home equally annoyed as you!

Annoys the hell out of me how they are with the baby. All the time we are there they just fuss over the baby and “ohhh baby is doing this” “ohhh the baby is doing that” “that cry means he’s tired”. Just shut up please 😂

They’ve also bought some OTT elaborate cot rocker thing. She was shocked when the instructions said NOT for long periods of sleep. Please just stop. I know she’s keen but OMG irritates me when I go round 😂
They love just giving all the advice and asking all the questions. At one point I was trying to talk to my MIL about something else and she was just ignoring me and fussing over baby so I just stopped talking. I’m literally an extension of the baby to them.

In other news we used one of these today with baby and she actually enjoyed it… (we put avocado in it)

AB01359C-5B2A-4C49-BBDC-6DF456815742.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yay new thread t2 is celebrating by having a party in her cot when she should be asleep 😩. She’s actually squealing with delight 🥲. She is literally the most hyper happy baby ever. Laughs and squeals all day, which is cute but not at 10pm

• Haha
@wakametango 2.0 I don’t think I can do keto. I lost a stone before I fell pregnant. Took just over 3 months. I just can’t get my head into it. Because Mr B isn’t here for dinner every other week, I find myself either snacking at dinner or eating when the kids go to bed. Today, I ate dinner at 9, and I like it at 5/530 😭

Ohhh no! I literally just came on here to ask how you were getting on after spaced soothing. My 9mo is being a nightmare when it comes to bedtime AGAIN 🙃 spent 45 minutes in the car trying to get her to sleep, got home and she woke straight back up. OH took her out again for another 30 minutes, did she go to sleep? Did she duck 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 1
The awkward moment I clicked on the wrong link from the last thread and ended up accidentally voting on how many weeks pregnant I apparently am rather than how old the baby is 🤣🙈

Although I did have to do a pregnancy test this week. duck me that was a scare, we’ve only had sex once as well! 😂

I can’t explain how much I love this parrot haha

• Haha
Reactions: 11
@wakametango 2.0 I don’t think I can do keto. I lost a stone before I fell pregnant. Took just over 3 months. I just can’t get my head into it. Because Mr B isn’t here for dinner every other week, I find myself either snacking at dinner or eating when the kids go to bed. Today, I ate dinner at 9, and I like it at 5/530 😭
Honestly I am the same, my eating got so bad I just had to go cold turkey I needed to control myself

Honestly I am the same, my eating got so bad I just had to go cold turkey I needed to control myself
This is what I need. I do really well on Mondays, and then something happens, I get stressed and eat. I wish when I got stressed I lost weight 😭

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.