New baby and post birth advice #19 Marching to the beat of our tiny dictators drums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are you waking them to feed or are they waking for it?
They usually start fussing at half 10ish, sometimes they wake at 11 but I dunno if it's become habit now. It's their 5th bottle of the day sometimes I wonder if they even need it or it is just habit

Reactions: 1
They usually start fussing at half 10ish, sometimes they wake at 11 but I dunno if it's become habit now. It's their 5th bottle of the day sometimes I wonder if they even need it or it is just habit
I did read before about them waking for a bottle at night becomes habit.
And people suggested offering less milk each time and then switch to water.
I didn't end up trying it though!

I did read before about them waking for a bottle at night becomes habit.
And people suggested offering less milk each time and then switch to water.
I didn't end up trying it though!
No I've never tried it, I just always gave in with the eldest it was easier than being so sleep deprived because he was fussing all night.
It's not like they're waking up and crying because they're hungry, they just get restless. They'll drink it all just cause its there. Think I'm gonna work on naps and then try and cut down the feed or even do it earlier and surprise them😂.

Yer, that’s like baby, but he’s only 4 months. I think I hit a wall around 5, and sleep when I should be feeding him, but hope they go through
I think I have done the water thing, which doesn’t last long. Can they hold the bottles? Would it be easier to give them a bottle in their cot?

Yer, that’s like baby, but he’s only 4 months. I think I hit a wall around 5, and sleep when I should be feeding him, but hope they go through
I think I have done the water thing, which doesn’t last long. Can they hold the bottles? Would it be easier to give them a bottle in their cot?
No they're too bloody lazy to hold their bottles 😂😂

• Haha
Any one know what would be causing the teat to collapse when feeding?? I’ve noticed recently the teats are starting to fold in making the nightmare feeder even more of a nightmare!!!
I use dr browns bottles with the air vents. Are they worn out? She’s not taking her bottles well at all at the minute. She’s refusing this one after 4oz looks like she’s struggling to keep it in her mouth. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ve checked they’re not too tight or too loose. It’s only just started doing it. I don’t need any more drama when it comes to feeding 😂

Any one know what would be causing the teat to collapse when feeding?? I’ve noticed recently the teats are starting to fold in making the nightmare feeder even more of a nightmare!!!
I use dr browns bottles with the air vents. Are they worn out? She’s not taking her bottles well at all at the minute. She’s refusing this one after 4oz looks like she’s struggling to keep it in her mouth. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ve checked they’re not too tight or too loose. It’s only just started doing it. I don’t need any more drama when it comes to feeding 😂
Is the teat fully in the lid? I found sometimes the teat wasn't pulled all the way through and was causing it to collapse

Possibly it would be because she's sucking and there's a blockage in the teet.
We used to have it with the tommee tippee bottles and the special formula she was on.
It would get stuck for some reason and I'd have to suck it myself to clear it

• Heart
My god potty training the toddler with a 1 month old around is not the most fun I've ever had, going to need a very large glass of wine tonight! 😵💫
If she doesn't get it and we have to stop and try again I think I'll cry 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Is the teat fully in the lid? I found sometimes the teat wasn't pulled all the way through and was causing it to collapse
I think so but I’ll double check 😂😂

Possibly it would be because she's sucking and there's a blockage in the teet.
We used to have it with the tommee tippee bottles and the special formula she was on.
It would get stuck for some reason and I'd have to suck it myself to clear it
I stir the bottle for agessss but yeah might be blocking. I’ll check too. I was going to try the next size up 🤷🏼‍♀️

So the last 2 weeks hannahs sleep has gone to tit again, not sleeping through the night, needing me to be there constantly, naps have been no more than an hour....but I genuinely think she had covid or at the very least a very heavy virus or something. so for the last two weeks I've been dying for her to nap in her cot for longer than an hour ans today she's been napping for 2.5 hours and all I've sat and done is worry 😭 is she feeling better so her sleeping is getting back to normal...or is she feeling worse and wants to sleep longer?!
Her cough is much better and generally she's in a better mood so I'm probably worrying about nothing 🙄 why is being a mum so hard 🤣
Knobwaffle is screaming at the TV because rangers are playing celtic and this is obviously a huge occasion so he is not offering me and reassurance 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Mr Goss went to see one of our friends yesterday, where he lives about 2 hours away. He’d been planning to get up and come home early today but obviously was drinking all day yesterday and last night so is hungover today.

He messaged this morning to say they’re chilling out for a bit then going to go for a pub lunch before he comes home, so he’ll be home at 5. Felt like messaging back it’s alright for some! He’s been gone since 10am yesterday, luckily baby has been really good but I’m a bit jealous he’s had a weekend off. Plus I’m still feeling put out that he didn’t want to go for a meal just the two of us recently because “we could do with saving the money” - he’ll have spent a small fortune this weekend 🙄

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
I think so but I’ll double check 😂😂

I stir the bottle for agessss but yeah might be blocking. I’ll check too. I was going to try the next size up 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yeah we used to as well but for some reason they just kept blocking. Sometimes it would suck in like you're describing and other times she'd just be getting mad at the bottle and keep refusing to suck it. Every time it was stuck

• Heart
Yeah we used to as well but for some reason they just kept blocking. Sometimes it would suck in like you're describing and other times she'd just be getting mad at the bottle and keep refusing to suck it. Every time it was stuck
Yeah she’s just messing around with it 🙄 who’d have thought bottle feeding would be so hard

Yeah she’s just messing around with it 🙄 who’d have thought bottle feeding would be so hard
So sorry to hear feeding is still such a struggle :( don't have much advice unfortunately.

Little Kitten had sweet potato and avocado puree. She puked a few times in the hours after that, so don't think we'll be trying avocado again anytime soon. Poor thing, it even came out of her nose 😖
She also has a slight temp, so might also be a stomach bug? Or teeth?
Babies are complicated 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Mr Goss went to see one of our friends yesterday, where he lives about 2 hours away. He’d been planning to get up and come home early today but obviously was drinking all day yesterday and last night so is hungover today.

He messaged this morning to say they’re chilling out for a bit then going to go for a pub lunch before he comes home, so he’ll be home at 5. Felt like messaging back it’s alright for some! He’s been gone since 10am yesterday, luckily baby has been really good but I’m a bit jealous he’s had a weekend off. Plus I’m still feeling put out that he didn’t want to go for a meal just the two of us recently because “we could do with saving the money” - he’ll have spent a small fortune this weekend 🙄
God men are so selfish aren’t they. I have started doing similar to my partner …. “I’m off out I’ll be back in X amount of time” and I’ll leave him with the baby. He can do it, so can I! Sometimes he’s gone for 2hr at the gym and I feel guilty for being an hour doing the food shop so he can swivel and do his bit so I can get my exercise in too!

Reactions: 8
So sorry to hear feeding is still such a struggle :( don't have much advice unfortunately.

Little Kitten had sweet potato and avocado puree. She puked a few times in the hours after that, so don't think we'll be trying avocado again anytime soon. Poor thing, it even came out of her nose 😖
She also has a slight temp, so might also be a stomach bug? Or teeth?
Babies are complicated 😅
Haven’t tried avocado yet. I know she’ll gag before I even try it 😂😂 poor kitten ❤ Babies really are so complicated x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
God men are so selfish aren’t they. I have started doing similar to my partner …. “I’m off out I’ll be back in X amount of time” and I’ll leave him with the baby. He can do it, so can I! Sometimes he’s gone for 2hr at the gym and I feel guilty for being an hour doing the food shop so he can swivel and do his bit so I can get my exercise in too!
I done this a couple of weeks ago. Went to the gym with my friend, he was due to go football. Got back 5 mins before he had to leave as we were deep in convo 😂 felt guilty. Bet he doesn’t though 😂😂

Reactions: 3
Do babies have sensors that you’re about to eat so they’re suddenly starving as well. I don’t think I’ve ate a meal when it’s ready or before it’s cold in weeks 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.