MOD & FOD #2 Non stop cringe, shady AF, daddy's unhinged

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know what you mean. I think if it wasn't for her tone I could really like her. But in trying to put the influence into influencer she just comes across as a bit patronising and self absorbed.
I know some people don’t like Mother Pukka and find her false but at least she takes criticism on board. I actually have no problem with IGers who advertise, so long as it’s fully signposted. If you can make a living from it, great. But if you’re running it as a business, you have to accept that not everyone is going to agree with how you do things. The line has become blurred because they’re using their families to sell stuff. So on the one hand, they use their kids to attract brands, but on the other, they don’t want criticism of it because it’s their family and as such, it’s up to them how they do things. Well, sorry but you can’t have it both ways.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I know some people don’t like Mother Pukka and find her false but at least she takes criticism on board. I actually have no problem with IGers who advertise, so long as it’s fully signposted. If you can make a living from it, great. But if you’re running it as a business, you have to accept that not everyone is going to agree with how you do things. The line has become blurred because they’re using their families to sell stuff. So on the one hand, they use their kids to attract brands, but on the other, they don’t want criticism of it because it’s their family and as such, it’s up to them how they do things. Well, sorry but you can’t have it both ways.
This exactly! In my real life I have disagreements with my friends (that's what I call them - they might describe themselves as my followers!!) and we talk about it, change our opinions or accept our differences and move on. I know Clemmie is not a friend but that's where she wants to blur the line. She wants to make us feel we are her friends, until and unless anyone dares to challenge her. Totally entitled, spoilt behaviour. I really don't value the moral spouting of anyone who has monteised her children in such a shameless way.

Reactions: 3
This is a tiny, tiny little niggle but it’s one of my bugbears.
MOD is ‘on’ route to the hotel. IT’S EN ROUTE!!!
Feel better that’s off my chest 🤪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Not just an author; a selfless midwife, a talented jewellery designer and a moral compass for our times! What a girl!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yep, exactly. And FOD’s posts are even worse. They’re both incredibly sloppy when it comes to proofreading. For a pair who spend so much time setting up ridiculous situations to photograph, they don’t apply the same standards to their captions.

P.S BUY FOD’S BOOK! It’s the funniest parebnting book ever! (Don’t these people have spellcheck on their phones?!)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Not just an author; a selfless midwife, a talented jewellery designer and a moral compass for our times! What a girl!
You forgot feminist, French fashion expert, fanny admin advisor and practically a single parent about 2 days a month!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yep, exactly. And FOD’s posts are even worse. They’re both incredibly sloppy when it comes to proofreading. For a pair who spend so much time setting up ridiculous situations to photograph, they don’t apply the same standards to their captions.

P.S BUY FOD’S BOOK! It’s the funniest parebnting book ever! (Don’t these people have spellcheck on their phones?!)
I'm surprised they've not been approach by Grammarly. I made up a new character for FOD .... To me he is 'Metaphor Man' :ROFLMAO:

I remember a year or so ago MOD and FOD being on a Mark Warner holiday by 'coincidence' (in their words!) Dress like a Mum was also there on holiday - neither declared this as an Ad which I strongly suspect it was - they were both so obviously on a paid holiday, neither disclosed as an Ad and made out to us all it was a bloody coincidence! Thank god this all now has to be disclosed - I fell for it and googled said holiday - didn't book it tho!! In fact I'll never book anywhere they 'Ad'!

Reactions: 8
Ah yes, I well remember the accidental holiday meet up with Dress Like A Mum. They posed holding hands because they're, like, rilly rilly close and such good friends. It was an absolutely, totally spontaneous moment of true friendship. And I'm absolutely sure it wasn't the result of a flurry of texts to and from their respective PR teams on how best to play it.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yeah I was sat their thinking 'what a coincidence'😂 more fool me! I do t follow DLAM anymore because her sense of fashion is just tit!

Reactions: 6
I remember a year or so ago MOD and FOD being on a Mark Warner holiday by 'coincidence' (in their words!) Dress like a Mum was also there on holiday - neither declared this as an Ad which I strongly suspect it was - they were both so obviously on a paid holiday, neither disclosed as an Ad and made out to us all it was a bloody coincidence! Thank god this all now has to be disclosed - I fell for it and googled said holiday - didn't book it tho!! In fact I'll never book anywhere they 'Ad'!
Iirc they were in Turkey and I found the “you’ll never believe who’s here too” a tiny but unbelievable.

Reactions: 2
It must be such a thorn in their sides that the disclosures are mandatory now, we should probably take a minute to appreciate the enormity of the angst that they are all going through for our sakes 😄

Reactions: 4
Surely MODS post is an ad. Or is she so entitled she’s above the rules.
Shame 3 yr old twins aren’t good enough for a family holiday.

Reactions: 1
She’s hiding the hashtag which is a bit weird as she doesn’t normally do that. I wouldn’t take toddler twins on a 24 hour flight either!

Reactions: 1
She’s hiding the hashtag which is a bit weird as she doesn’t normally do that. I wouldn’t take toddler twins on a 24 hour flight either!
It’s not ok to hide the hashtag. No I wouldn’t take twins On that flight, but I wouldn’t take only half my family on holiday either.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.