MOD & FOD #16 Slymon is being penetrated in the ears, whilst Gimmie is hiding from her peers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

To suggest that people like that can just “work hard” and then they too could “deserve” a well deserved break to Abu Dhabi first class is just insulting. You can be a nurse and work all the extra shifts under the sun, make a real difference to many people’s lives and get the best reviews from your boss, but you’ll never afford all that.
This exactly.

People like Alan Sugar and Tom Cruise will go on about if you just work hard enough you will make it. Lies.

They don't want to admit that their millions are mostly down to luck and right place right time, so are convinced it's all down to hard work and anyone can do the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Socialblade says he lost 700+ followers yesterday! Obviously the unbearable smarm isn’t going down so well (who’d have guessed!).

Praying to Father Christmas and Baby Jesus that he drops under 1m by Christmas Day...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
MoFod (aka Simon's mother ) doesn't follow Clemmies private account. She follows Clemmies sister and her mother though. Kind of strange.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I feel a bit lost in the conversation but I think having "your life sorted" definitely isn't black or white. We're all facing issues of one sort or another.
I agree, I think it’s short sighted to believe you have life sorted...what’s round the corner none of us know and having money, a nice house and car will make no difference to some situations. Also stay grounded and appreciate what you’ve got.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
well done. That’s great.

Sadly life isn’t fair though. I know you didn’t suggest this but I’ve read it before where people think that they have more money than others because they “deserve” it because they worked hard. However life doesn’t follow those rules so to suggest it does is unfair and wrong.

Some of the people who deserve to be paid the most (teachers, nurses, midwives 😬etc etc) are paid relatively poorly.

To suggest that people like that can just “work hard” and then they too could “deserve” a well deserved break to Abu Dhabi first class is just insulting. You can be a nurse and work all the extra shifts under the sun, make a real difference to many people’s lives and get the best reviews from your boss, but you’ll never afford all that.

Countless studies have shown that its the people with wealthy parent families that ultimately get the best paid jobs in the media (tv, newspapers) and jobs that start off with a lot of financial uncertainty (eg entrepreneurs, barristers). To suggest that all these people with rich families just so happen to be more talented journalists than all the people from poorer backgrounds just isn’t true. They can afford to do unpaid work experience, take career risks etc etc.

The way I see it, the distribution of wealth is largely based on luck and extremely unfair on many. The idea that all rich people “deserve” it somehow suggests that poorer people also “deserve” to be poor somehow.

The people who have far more wealth than they need should ultimately feel a huge responsibility to help others. Because to acquire that much wealth, they’ve ultimately stolen from the hands of their sisters. There should be enough to go round.

I suppose capitalism teaches is that we should crave wealth and possessions above all else.

That young 25yo lad Jack who just got killed in the London Bridge attack tweeted something (much more eloquent) along these lines a couple of months ago, about how we are told to admire billionaires because capitalism tells us we should all be attempting to be them, when in reality anyone that rich should be ashamed of themselves. it’s really stuck with me today. What an amazing man. Oh dear I’m off topic now aren’t I!
Yes! Absolutely all of this! 👏👏👏

Reactions: 11
Clemmie and Simon certainly don’t have their life sorted!

Moves out of London are rarely straightforward and blissful, not that they’d ever tell you that. Leaving behind familiar faces and streets, routines and friends. It’s hard on families and the eldest daughter probably found it particularly difficult.

For all the #gifted paint, sofas and kitchens they don’t seem settled in the house, either. They all seem to rattle around and you can see no one is taking care of the garden so that it is a nice place to spend time. It looks like the house is on the corner of two busy streets, where their previous home looked like it was on a leafy residential street.

Plus, a former doctor’s surgery - all the sickness and misery that house must have seen.

This move has been more stressful and less successful than they are letting on, I think.

Reactions: 23
Clemmie and Simon certainly don’t have their life sorted!

Moves out of London are rarely straightforward and blissful, not that they’d ever tell you that. Leaving behind familiar faces and streets, routines and friends. It’s hard on families and the eldest daughter probably found it particularly difficult.

For all the #gifted paint, sofas and kitchens they don’t seem settled in the house, either. They all seem to rattle around and you can see no one is taking care of the garden so that it is a nice place to spend time. It looks like the house is on the corner of two busy streets, where their previous home looked like it was on a leafy residential street.

Plus, a former doctor’s surgery - all the sickness and misery that house must have seen.

This move has been more stressful and less successful than they are letting on, I think.
That and ramsgate is an utter dump, no idea why anyone would pick thanet to move to when they're clearly fairly well off. Broadstairs i could understand, even the suburbs of ramsgate are downtrodden

Reactions: 15
Brexit heartland which doesn’t seem very Hooper.

They have picked a big, show off house in a less salubrious suburb as it makes a good Instagram backdrop and has provided lots of #reno content.

Don’t know about you, but Instagram doesn’t dictate my house purchases!!

Reactions: 9
Is thanet really bad still thesedays? I thought it was all gentrified n hipster?

Even though they were out in crystal palace (or was it actually penge?) the move and lifestyle must have been tough. From people I know they're rarely happy with leaving london, not that they admit it as it's too late.

Reactions: 8
Pockets of thanet are nice, broadstairs, viking bay sort of area. I suppose naive dfl might be lured with the cheaper house prices

Reactions: 2
Seeing the streetview of the house with no parking and that tiny garden, shatter any illusion of it being an aspirational house. I wouldn't even view it

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It was Crystal Palace, and it might have been a bit tight space wise, but they could ride to work and seemed engaged with their community.

I noticed in the new house they put shutters on the downstairs windows but later added frosting too so they mustn’t have much privacy. In some of Simon’s stories you can see busses and cars whizzing past behind him, so traffic noise, as well.

Reactions: 5
Even though they were out in crystal palace (or was it actually penge?) the move and lifestyle must have been tough. From people I know they're rarely happy with leaving london, not that they admit it as it's too late.
🙋‍♀️ Full admission, I was not happy to leave London. And I tell everyone that if a lottery win were to happen I would live straight back in. But twins happened and we could not afford to size up to something that would give them a good life. And yes, they did live in Crystal Palace, not Penge. I lived a couple of streets away from them.

Reactions: 8
I noticed in the new house they put shutters on the downstairs windows but later added frosting too so they mustn’t have much privacy. In some of Simon’s stories you can see busses and cars whizzing past behind him, so traffic noise, as well.
Must be busy on that corner with double yellow lines that surround the house

🙋‍♀️ Full admission, I was not happy to leave London. And I tell everyone that if a lottery win were to happen I would live straight back in. But twins happened and we could not afford to size up to something that would give them a good life.
I totally get that, it's really difficult. MoFoDs should have moved to bristol and they could have bought something just as good in a far better location

Reactions: 6
she’s changed her private profile to her maidenname. He’s pretending she doesn’t exist to protect his following. None of this spells happy marriage to me :(
I doubt their marriage is in trouble they are both as insufferable as each other - I reckon it’s all a ploy, don’t mention the wife, delete anyone who says anything but keep enough comments up to give the impression you are not deleting and then in time back she comes or same as I’ve said but she doesn’t come back and he just keeps flogging the kids and enjoying the AD life; either way I don’t see them splitting up over what’s gone on it’s not really affected him has it? whereas she’s been dropped by the jewellery brand and she won’t be getting any offers off M&S anytime soon

Reactions: 6
Seeing the streetview of the house with no parking and that tiny garden, shatter any illusion of it being an aspirational house. I wouldn't even view it
Not forgetting there’s a townhouse sitting on what once must have been a good sized garden.

Bristol certainly has a lot more food/culture/lifestyle happening than Thanet. The Hooper’s local beach, even in the middle of summer, looks faintly depressing.

I can see them somewhere like Frome, which isn’t midway between the grandparents, but would provide a properly posh, aspirational, relocated-from-London lifestyle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.