MOD & FOD #16 Slymon is being penetrated in the ears, whilst Gimmie is hiding from her peers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

Can I just say that it IS possible to have your life sorted and to be financially well off? I am and so are the majority of our friends and familiy. We all have our own companies or good jobs, we own nice houses and cars, go on multiple vacations or breaks, we can provide our children with all the niceties and still be loving, supportive and well-providing parents. It is not all black and white
I feel a bit lost in the conversation but I think having "your life sorted" definitely isn't black or white. We're all facing issues of one sort or another.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
There are definitely drugs available in Dubai!!!!!
Off course. But I don’t see anything to indicate drug use! He’s not gurning, pupils look normal, he’s just his normal techno-Wednesday Simon Hooper. I do wonder if he has ADHD at times.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
He’s just high on [his gifted] life.
If I was there [not that I would have been] while he was performing his one-man whirling dervish show at the back of the crowd, I probably would have fought impulses to trip him up.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
He’s just high on [his gifted] life.
If I was there [not that I would have been] while he was performing his one-man whirling dervish show at the back of the crowd, I probably would have fought impulses to trip him up.
He’s so boastful. It’s repulsive.

Reactions: 9
I am a 23 year old girl and used to follow Clemmie before I realised I could never be her in my 30s and it's an realistic dream to achieve. As any young person I would like to figure my life out and be financially, emotionally and mentally mature and stable in your 30s or even older but this whole saga has made me realise that these people don't have their tit together as much as we think they do.

On another note I would be so so mortified if my parents had Instagram profiles so public. I would be extremely embarrassed to have Simon as my dad. He is not cool or funny. He is so silly, immature and dangerous.

I feel so scared for those poor girls because strangers like me who they have never ever even heard of or never will in future have seen every inch of their home. Anyone can search on internet everything about them. 1 million followers on Instagram means 1 million people who know everything about those poor little girls. I know exactly the kitchen that Anya walks in to get her cereal from etc and that's so scary. I really hope those girls stay safe.

Also I know so many young people and teenagers these days who have so many issues because social media shows unrealistic expectations and lifestyles etc that no one can ever accomplish. It makes you feel so inadequate in yourself. I'm not wishing ill but I would be very very surprised if these girls don't have any issues growing up. It's so hard to be a teenager in today's age and having parents like these two doesn't help.

I'm so surprised that they have both left their children and gone away again. There is nothing wrong in going away without kids but after everything that has happened recently, I am sure her kids are hurt and upset or would be at least shaken. In such a difficult and sensitive situation you want your mum. You don't want to wake up with your mum in Paris.

Also who goes on so many holidays a year? Another thing to make people so tit. It's not normal to have such a lavish and extravagant lifestyle. Well you could if you are a celebrity though
Maybe I’m just a worrier but I’ve never left my 3 Kids without at least Mama or Papa in the Country.
It’s fine to go individually but why both go separate Trips leaving your Kids (ok they’re probably left with Granny) with no Parent incase of any emergencies!!!
Totally irresponsible from Slymon & Gimmie 😡

Reactions: 7
A lot of his stories are gone. In one still there he told the airline that they 'nailed it' - nailed making him ecstatic? Bless. He so deserved it. What the hell are the airline getting out of this. Anyone thought of leaving comments on the insta account of the airline?

He did mention them. But it was in his stories.
He did - it’s was really embarrassing that he was filming whilst the killers were playing and he was surrounded by loads of other really uncool awkward 40/50 plus people who didn’t know how to mosh. They looked like the type who would be more comfortable with their hands in the air swaying along to cold play 😬🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I feel a bit lost in the conversation but I think having "your life sorted" definitely isn't black or white. We're all facing issues of one sort or another.
With regards to the Hoopers - they are very obviously both from wealthy families. So they were at an advantage from the get go. He’s in a highly paid day job and they earn a fortune from social media and they get god knows how much free stuff ontop. From a financial and materialistic point of view, yes, they are sorted.
But that’s only ever half the story. Look at what’s gone on. She’s obviously got issues, their marriage doesn’t seem particularly solid, they are both gagging for attention and adoration which is why they are obsessed with Instagram etc

Being in a well paid job or having vast amounts of disposable income is not an indicator of someone having “their tit together”

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It’s fine to go individually but why both go separate Trips leaving your Kids (ok they’re probably left with Granny) with no Parent incase of any emergencies!!!
I agree with you. Both parents going away together I would perhaps see as investment in the marriage (and therefore strengthening the family unit). But two parents away at the same time on separate holidays is just odd, to me anyway. Disclaimer: I’ve never been away without my children or felt the urge to.

Reactions: 7
it all came together after the age of 35, before that it was renting, a second hand car, Ikea flatpack furniture, H&M clothes and one 2-week vacation per year.
That’s still quite jammy to a vast number of people in this country and beyond 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 34
That’s still quite jammy to a vast number of people in this country and beyond 😂
Was reading this and it rang in my head: gosh, Ikea is still my happy place to go, I still take like only 2 weeks of summer vacation and dress H&M.
But if I look closer, it's not true, I take 2 weeks in summer but my brain skipped the 2 weeks at easter and all the week ends away. and H&M is a choice until I lose all the weight.

But yes, it takes a while to figure life out!

Reactions: 5
In terms of getting your life sorted. I think one of the reasons people find the Hoopers and other instamums so infuriating is that they are privileged, but they present their experience as in some way universal. I think it's a very middle-class thing to do (I'm totally middle class too) there's just this expectation that their way of doing thing and levels of expenditure etc. are the norm. I didn't find their original lifestyle that different from my own, but I do understand that it's just the norm, taste and budget of a small sub set of society. You don't have to have that life to be sorted and it obviously hasn't made them happy.

Reactions: 14
In terms of getting your life sorted. I think one of the reasons people find the Hoopers and other instamums so infuriating is that they are privileged, but they present their experience as in some way universal. I think it's a very middle-class thing to do (I'm totally middle class too) there's just this expectation that their way of doing thing and levels of expenditure etc. are the norm. I didn't find their original lifestyle that different from my own, but I do understand that it's just the norm, taste and budget of a small sub set of society. You don't have to have that life to be sorted and it obviously hasn't made them happy.
I wondered what they do with their surfeit/excess of clothes and shoes. Do they give them to charity shops? To people caring for refuges? Or do they sell them like RVKLoves does?

Reactions: 4
I think we can all agree that putting your family life on scoial media, and to that extent, is not the way to go. Nobody could pay me enough to even contemplate that.

I am 48 now and we only bought our house a mere 12 years ago. Yes we are well off now but it all came together after the age of 35, before that it was renting, a second hand car, Ikea flatpack furniture, H&M clothes and one 2-week vacation per year.
There is absolutely nothing “wrong” with renting, running a second hand car, ikea furniture, H&M clothes or “only” a 2 week holiday a year. What you’ve just described is actually a very normal life for a large proportion of people - irrespective of age. Getting a mortgage or buying a brand new car means nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
With regards to the Hoopers - they are very obviously both from wealthy families. So they were at an advantage from the get go. He’s in a highly paid day job and they earn a fortune from social media and they get god knows how much free stuff ontop. From a financial and materialistic point of view, yes, they are sorted.
But that’s only ever half the story. Look at what’s gone on. She’s obviously got issues, their marriage doesn’t seem particularly solid, they are both gagging for attention and adoration which is why they are obsessed with Instagram etc

Being in a well paid job or having vast amounts of disposable income is not an indicator of someone having “their tit together”
Totally agree, the financial side is only half of it, maybe even not that much of it.
I live in social housing, normal job, husbands a tradesman, holiday once a year in a caravan park, dress in clothes mostly from eBay. Yet I think my life is sorted. My kids are happy and healthy, they do well at school, we live in a lovely friendly village with a fantastic community, mostly of our friends and the girls friends live within walking distance. I love my job and my little two bed house And am in a happy loving marriage. I wouldn’t want it any other way. Incidentally, I do come from a middle class background, but we decided to make our own way in life rather than relying on the help our parents offered us. So I am in no way jealous of that instagram moneyed lifestyle.
Can’t stand the obsession with it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
It’s really something isn’t it? They are both as bad as each other and a very interesting example of what can happen to people who ‘seem’ to have it all. They got lots of followers based on their likeability and relatability. The normal juggle of life/work/kids. And they are so far removed from this and both such huge consumers. So materialistic and wasteful. The house ‘reno’ is really shocking in a way. I can understand the excitement of putting your stamp on your new home, but if it’s all gifted does it give the same joy and satisfaction as budgeting and working for it. Watching the unmumsy actually renovate a house and live in it compared to lining up the freebies and working out which room they’ll go in, free kitchens, bathrooms, beds. It doesn’t seem to produce the same happiness and joy. I feel this about Martha's house as well. Her old house was beautiful and you could tell she loved it. I really don’t get the same feeling about the new house.
The oDs have been consumed with stuff, their whole lives swallowed up and they are barely recognisable as the stunning couple they were.
He used to preach about getting back to basics. Touching base with his kids by going camping. Telling others how to parent. But now his me special time is being flown to Abu Dhabi for 3 days and running around F1. It’s not even a trip of a lifetime, it’s just an essential ‘me treat’. Who even are you Simon?
View attachment 61411View attachment 61412View attachment 61413View attachment 61414
The difference between then and now is amazing.
I understand and new phone better photo quality however the glossy magazine style photos he does now are unappealing to me. But maybe it’s be such a gradual change many people haven’t noticed it’s like they are watching a totally different person. Does that make any sense?

Reactions: 8
Can I just say that it IS possible to have your life sorted and to be financially well off? I am and so are the majority of our friends and familiy. We all have our own companies or good jobs, we own nice houses and cars, go on multiple vacations or breaks, we can provide our children with all the niceties and still be loving, supportive and well-providing parents. It is not all black and white, it is not 'them against us', there are many shades of grey and just because somone is beter off than others, through normal work, does not mean we are worse parents. The only major difference with the likes of MOD and FOD is that we are not on social media, at all. And our children are not on social media, not through us but also not on their own (mine are 17 and 14 and besides Snapchat they do nothing that lasts).

I find the whole 'nobody has lifes like that' to be unfounded.
I agree it's not black and white and very much agree that it should not be a 'them/us' situation in either direction.

The original point was made to a 23yr old girl who - like me when I was 23 - was under the impression there was a magical point in your life when it all settles into place. This might be true, but all is temporary. I find myself looking at the weeks leading up to xmas with 300 in my bank account and bills to pay, not to mention food and presents for xmas to still buy. I don't know how I'm going to manage this year. Last year however, I was flying high and spending with abandon. Next year will probably (hopefully) be a good year again. The point, I think, is: if I put my life on instagram as these influencers do, the world would see a big house, two cars, two healthy happy kids. I'd take pictures in the (few) tidy corners of my house and be wearing my grenson boots, not my h&m ones. You never know looking in from the outside what people's lives are really like, what hardships there are or what heartbreak. Hopefully we are moving away from this picture perfect presentation on instagram as we all start to see through it. I know I fell for it all when I was pregnant and did all my best shopping during the 3am feed 🙄🙈 now I see things more clearly.

There may be times in life we feel like things are sorted but we never know what's around the corner.

Sorry for the rambling post.

Reactions: 28
I agree it's not black and white and very much agree that it should not be a 'them/us' situation in either direction.

The original point was made to a 23yr old girl who - like me when I was 23 - was under the impression there was a magical point in your life when it all settles into place. This might be true, but all is temporary. I find myself looking at the weeks leading up to xmas with 300 in my bank account and bills to pay, not to mention food and presents for xmas to still buy. I don't know how I'm going to manage this year. Last year however, I was flying high and spending with abandon. Next year will probably (hopefully) be a good year again. The point, I think, is: if I put my life on instagram as these influencers do, the world would see a big house, two cars, two healthy happy kids. I'd take pictures in the (few) tidy corners of my house and be wearing my grenson boots, not my h&m ones. You never know looking in from the outside what people's lives are really like, what hardships there are or what heartbreak. Hopefully we are moving away from this picture perfect presentation on instagram as we all start to see through it. I know I fell for it all when I was pregnant and did all my best shopping during the 3am feed 🙄🙈 now I see things more clearly.

There may be times in life we feel like things are sorted but we never know what's around the corner.

Sorry for the rambling post.
💯

Reactions: 5
Maybe I’m just a worrier but I’ve never left my 3 Kids without at least Mama or Papa in the Country.
Totally irresponsible from Slymon & Gimmie 😡
It’s pretty common, I’ve done it and so have several couples I know. If the grandparents are competent and your kids love them then why not?

edit: just re-read that you mentioned separate trips at the same time, which is unusual. I was referring to parents going away together which still leaves kids with their grandparents

Reactions: 2

Agreed. We don't have a lot of money, still rent at the age of 36, have zero savings, second hand car and cheap clothes. We both work hard, my husband's self employed and works 60+ hours a week, I work part time so I can be around for school runs etc as I don't have family help. Any disposable income we have is spent on #makingmemories with the kids as I figure there will come a day when they won't want to be seen dead with us 😂 our marriage is rock solid, we bicker and get irritated sometimes but truly are best friends and we couldn't give a tit about house renos/5* holidays etc. We took the kids to Spain last year and stayed in an air bnb, loved every second. This year we did a week in a caravan in Devon and they declared it better than Spain 🤦‍♀️ my point is, I panic sometimes at the fact that we're approaching 40 and don't have a mortgage or savings and some of our friends are flying high with property and expensive holidays/stuff and sure, social media doesn't help but then I check myself and take a look at what we do have and what we have achieved as a family and I calm the f*** down. I sometimes think the more you 'do' and 'earn' the more you want and think you need which is where I reckon they've gone wrong. It becomes an obsession, an online 'keeping up with the Joneses' and they're obviously not the only ones as this forum has shown me 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 42
There is absolutely nothing “wrong” with renting, running a second hand car, ikea furniture, H&M clothes or “only” a 2 week holiday a year. What you’ve just described is actually a very normal life for a large proportion of people - irrespective of age. Getting a mortgage or buying a brand new car means nothing.
Well it means a lot to us. Of course there is nothing wrong with how we lived before, we did it for many years but I am not going to hide the fact I am pleased with all the things we have accomplished.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.