Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tothemoonandback

Well it means a lot to us. Of course there is nothing wrong with how we lived before, we did it for many years but I am not going to hide the fact I am pleased with all the things we have accomplished.
well done. That’s great.

Sadly life isn’t fair though. I know you didn’t suggest this but I’ve read it before where people think that they have more money than others because they “deserve” it because they worked hard. However life doesn’t follow those rules so to suggest it does is unfair and wrong.

Some of the people who deserve to be paid the most (teachers, nurses, midwives 😬etc etc) are paid relatively poorly.

To suggest that people like that can just “work hard” and then they too could “deserve” a well deserved break to Abu Dhabi first class is just insulting. You can be a nurse and work all the extra shifts under the sun, make a real difference to many people’s lives and get the best reviews from your boss, but you’ll never afford all that.

Countless studies have shown that its the people with wealthy parent families that ultimately get the best paid jobs in the media (tv, newspapers) and jobs that start off with a lot of financial uncertainty (eg entrepreneurs, barristers). To suggest that all these people with rich families just so happen to be more talented journalists than all the people from poorer backgrounds just isn’t true. They can afford to do unpaid work experience, take career risks etc etc.

The way I see it, the distribution of wealth is largely based on luck and extremely unfair on many. The idea that all rich people “deserve” it somehow suggests that poorer people also “deserve” to be poor somehow.

The people who have far more wealth than they need should ultimately feel a huge responsibility to help others. Because to acquire that much wealth, they’ve ultimately stolen from the hands of their sisters. There should be enough to go round.

I suppose capitalism teaches is that we should crave wealth and possessions above all else.

That young 25yo lad Jack who just got killed in the London Bridge attack tweeted something (much more eloquent) along these lines a couple of months ago, about how we are told to admire billionaires because capitalism tells us we should all be attempting to be them, when in reality anyone that rich should be ashamed of themselves. it’s really stuck with me today. What an amazing man. Oh dear I’m off topic now aren’t I!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 122

CyanideKiss

Chatty Member
I'd like to humbly take credit for naming them Gimmie & Slymon <sits back and awaits freebies and podcast invites>

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 109

Dogmuck

VIP Member
My husband is 46 and looks younger than him. But then again we don’t have the stresses of being one better than everybody else all the time.
My husband is 53 and looks like shit, but at least he’s not a twat like Slymon 😜

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Since properly actively joining because of the MoD saga I will defend this place to the hilt. I really do love it and I’ve had some very big belly laughs because of it over a shitty fortnight.

so here’s to Tattle x
Same! Came here for all the nasty trolling, found none. Instead discovered a whole bunch of witty, normal people who make me laugh and put words to what I've been feeling about instagram in general for a while now.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

JessicaFletcher

Chatty Member
Dont know if this been addressed before but says mod deleted her instagram but I just been on there and she is still on there
My goodness! Finally some fresh news! I really was getting bored of the 6 pages of people who couldn't be arsed to read the thread

• Haha
Reactions: 56

houseofhoop

VIP Member
Perhaps the next thread title could allude to her deleting and reactivating her account, just to keep us all in the loop 😂 I’m not clever enough to actually think of one mind....
In, out, in, out.... shake it all about, you do the insta cokey and you turn about

• Haha
Reactions: 53

GreyWolf

VIP Member
Firstly I don’t believe his crap for a minute. He’s a very people person and he thrived off working in an office. The whole posts stank of someone trying a bit too hard to not be bovvered. On the surface it’s just a ‘work’ do, but it’s significant in that he is no longer part of the office staff. He’s not a man in his 50s enjoying his home comforts, he’s a man in his mid 30s (if you can believe it) stuck in a cold old show home being constantly renovated, he’s the parcel collector, there for the workmen and the cleaners and collects and takes the kids. Clemmie has said on numerous occasions he’s there for any childcare as she is not. He’s traded a busy bussling city office life for a lonely office in a big old house, on his own. It’s clear he misses people and his descent into filming himself dressing up and extensive footage of his children show how lonely and sad his life is.

Secondly this whole toddler twin crap is wearing a little thin. They are not toddlers by any stretch of the imagination. In his warped portrayal of barely verbal infants that lack communication abilities and are feral he just about clings to the ‘toddler’ saleability. But they are 4 next month. They will be starting school in a few months and as they are at private nursery full time I’d imagine they write basics and are very competent. Making them out to be babies is so weird. I don’t believe for a minute they are constantly having 2 yr old tantrums. I don’t buy that they can’t be communicated with easily after an initial outburst. My child the same age can be noisy and unreasonable but there is always something that can be talked about. By advocating ignoring their distress and getting out biscuits and paw patrol for likes, he just seems pathetic.

What an annoying man.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
I think we can all agree that putting your family life on scoial media, and to that extent, is not the way to go. Nobody could pay me enough to even contemplate that.

I am 48 now and we only bought our house a mere 12 years ago. Yes we are well off now but it all came together after the age of 35, before that it was renting, a second hand car, Ikea flatpack furniture, H&M clothes and one 2-week vacation per year.
There is absolutely nothing “wrong” with renting, running a second hand car, ikea furniture, H&M clothes or “only” a 2 week holiday a year. What you’ve just described is actually a very normal life for a large proportion of people - irrespective of age. Getting a mortgage or buying a brand new car means nothing.

• Heart

houseofhoop

VIP Member
With regards to the Hoopers - they are very obviously both from wealthy families. So they were at an advantage from the get go. He’s in a highly paid day job and they earn a fortune from social media and they get god knows how much free stuff ontop. From a financial and materialistic point of view, yes, they are sorted.
But that’s only ever half the story. Look at what’s gone on. She’s obviously got issues, their marriage doesn’t seem particularly solid, they are both gagging for attention and adoration which is why they are obsessed with Instagram etc

Being in a well paid job or having vast amounts of disposable income is not an indicator of someone having “their shit together”
Totally agree, the financial side is only half of it, maybe even not that much of it.
I live in social housing, normal job, husbands a tradesman, holiday once a year in a caravan park, dress in clothes mostly from eBay. Yet I think my life is sorted. My kids are happy and healthy, they do well at school, we live in a lovely friendly village with a fantastic community, mostly of our friends and the girls friends live within walking distance. I love my job and my little two bed house And am in a happy loving marriage. I wouldn’t want it any other way. Incidentally, I do come from a middle class background, but we decided to make our own way in life rather than relying on the help our parents offered us. So I am in no way jealous of that instagram moneyed lifestyle.
Can’t stand the obsession with it all.

• Heart

GreyWolf

VIP Member
They have another large pantry which is where those pesky biscuits are normally kept!

View attachment 60215
Brilliant detective work! He’s such a poor content researcher.
My nearly 4 yr old just says ‘can I have a biscuit please?’ Because rather than me filming her and turning everything she does into cash and content, I taught her that she can ask me for things she’d like. This works quite well for us as I can say yes or no and then pass her the biscuit jar, that opened packets of biscuits go in so they don’t go stale. It’s a brilliant invention and I’m surprised FOD hasn’t been gifted one yet in his free kitchen.
I sincerely hope someone helps them out by sending a biscuit jar quick so that this level of twin risk taking can settle, and the children are encouraged to communicate through speech what they would like.

Utter wankpuffin.

• Haha
Reactions: 49

JessicaFletcher

Chatty Member
Perhaps the next thread title could allude to her deleting and reactivating her account, just to keep us all in the loop 😂 I’m not clever enough to actually think of one mind....
How about just 'clemmie deactivated then reactivated so don't bother telling us because there's a whole thread of people telling us'? Might be a bit long 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47

GreyWolf

VIP Member
Christ on a bike! Is Slymon seriously saying that his 'life doesn't get much better'??? Seriously???

His wife has been mauled and defamed all over the international media. Her reputation, both professionally and personally, has been torn to shreds. And, she is most likely being investigated by her governing body........and 'life doesn't get much better'???

Speechless.
And we should #sayyesmore
So I’m now kicking myself as I just last week turned down a gifted Disneyland trip, a 2k BBQ, 4K sink, 1k kitchen tap, 35k kitchen, flooring, paint, weekend break away, car, festival, free food for a year, shoes, Greece holiday, trip to Japan, F1 experience, snowboarding with my mates, free clothes AND a cute dog. I should’ve said yes more as clearly FOD does.
Say yes more? More? When the fuck does FOD say no?

• Haha
Reactions: 45

Missyboo25

Chatty Member
Jesus if she’s on holiday in Paris then she’s fine. If she feels ok enough to leave the country then honestly I think she knows it’ll All be ok. I know everyone’s different but why would you risk being seen when everything is so raw?
It's been a month. Is she supposed to become a recluse? Perhaps live in the attic? Only go out on days she has to catch babies? She didn't scream from the roof tops she was going. She didn't put it in Instagram. She's not rubbed it in anyone's face. Think people need to calm down a little.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 45