MOD & FOD #16 Slymon is being penetrated in the ears, whilst Gimmie is hiding from her peers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What he’s had free must cost an average person an obscene amount. I can’t believe his ad will get that much return? It would be interesting to know.
Regarding the trip and Clemmie’s to paris, if I take off my cynical sarcastic hat, which clearly upsets newbies, I’d say the trip was a planned ad for them as a couple and it’s his brother and dream trip. It became obvious the media storm was too crazy for Clemmie to risk the ad, and some local mums had a planned trip which they invited her on. She’s gone as she would’ve been going away anyway and childcare arranged. And I’d imagine their families encouraged them both to go. I’d also warrant watching FOD and new father of twins on their luxury trip is a bit unpleasant for Clemmie. But I do think she knew the photos of her would get out and she probably wants people to know that while Simon is away, so is she.
I have no issue with either of them being away or what they wear (although clearly FOD needs some clothes sent through fast and we all hope she has both boots on 😜) but I would question their relatability and whether they are in true need of a break!
I didn’t see it like that I thought their reference to golden hair or Whatever bollocks they said referred to the twins, let’s face it it wouldn’t have cost the airline or anyone else anything they give this free tit to certain people all the time, probably just bump up the fairs for plebs to cover it - on another note it does look like Modders has deleted her account 🙄

Reactions: 2
Well it means a lot to us. Of course there is nothing wrong with how we lived before, we did it for many years but I am not going to hide the fact I am pleased with all the things we have accomplished.
well done. That’s great.

Sadly life isn’t fair though. I know you didn’t suggest this but I’ve read it before where people think that they have more money than others because they “deserve” it because they worked hard. However life doesn’t follow those rules so to suggest it does is unfair and wrong.

Some of the people who deserve to be paid the most (teachers, nurses, midwives 😬etc etc) are paid relatively poorly.

To suggest that people like that can just “work hard” and then they too could “deserve” a well deserved break to Abu Dhabi first class is just insulting. You can be a nurse and work all the extra shifts under the sun, make a real difference to many people’s lives and get the best reviews from your boss, but you’ll never afford all that.

Countless studies have shown that its the people with wealthy parent families that ultimately get the best paid jobs in the media (tv, newspapers) and jobs that start off with a lot of financial uncertainty (eg entrepreneurs, barristers). To suggest that all these people with rich families just so happen to be more talented journalists than all the people from poorer backgrounds just isn’t true. They can afford to do unpaid work experience, take career risks etc etc.

The way I see it, the distribution of wealth is largely based on luck and extremely unfair on many. The idea that all rich people “deserve” it somehow suggests that poorer people also “deserve” to be poor somehow.

The people who have far more wealth than they need should ultimately feel a huge responsibility to help others. Because to acquire that much wealth, they’ve ultimately stolen from the hands of their sisters. There should be enough to go round.

I suppose capitalism teaches is that we should crave wealth and possessions above all else.

That young 25yo lad Jack who just got killed in the London Bridge attack tweeted something (much more eloquent) along these lines a couple of months ago, about how we are told to admire billionaires because capitalism tells us we should all be attempting to be them, when in reality anyone that rich should be ashamed of themselves. it’s really stuck with me today. What an amazing man. Oh dear I’m off topic now aren’t I!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 122
With regards to the Hoopers - they are very obviously both from wealthy families. So they were at an advantage from the get go. He’s in a highly paid day job and they earn a fortune from social media and they get god knows how much free stuff ontop. From a financial and materialistic point of view, yes, they are sorted.
But that’s only ever half the story. Look at what’s gone on. She’s obviously got issues, their marriage doesn’t seem particularly solid, they are both gagging for attention and adoration which is why they are obsessed with Instagram etc

Being in a well paid job or having vast amounts of disposable income is not an indicator of someone having “their tit together”
I saw it mentioned somewhere that the grandparents (paternal I think) are paying for the girls’ private schools. They are their first and only grandchildren.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I saw it mentioned somewhere that the grandparents (paternal I think) are paying for the girls’ private schools. They are their first and only grandchildren.
Aren’t Clemmie’s parents loaded too?

Reactions: 1
I feel a bit lost in the conversation but I think having "your life sorted" definitely isn't black or white. We're all facing issues of one sort or another.
That’s what I meant really , there is no magic age that you don’t have something to worry about and money certainly does not equal contentment or mental stability .
Via my job I see very wealthy people and very poor people .
Life can and will chuck tit at you no matter what.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think todays society is all about showing off how much of everything we have, whether we can afford it or not. My husband works but due to childcare issues. I do not work but am a stay at home mum. We live modestly and comfortable and with a bit of saving we can afford a few treats. My boys do not go without the things that they need and they are happy and healthy. I dislike all the hype around having the latest of everything or your'e a loser or too poor to have it. Due to location my youngest goes to a private nursery all be it on funded hours as i dont have friends with children and there are no children apart from my other son where we live. Everyday i see the 'richer mums boast about how they have this and that, yet none of them seen happy.

Reactions: 14
I don’t know. Her father is dead. Her mum has a house in Whitstable with a building in the garden used for Airbnb. Her mum appears comfortable.
I remember one of her posts from her mum’s garden and back of the house and decking. It looked absolutely lush.

Reactions: 5
I think the thing that grates me is his smugness about it all. Financially I am ok now (I am quite old!!) but I vividly remember being a single parent of 3 boys, living in a housing association property on benefits. I will never take currently being ok financially for granted and I will never be smug about it.

Reactions: 32
It’s really something isn’t it? They are both as bad as each other and a very interesting example of what can happen to people who ‘seem’ to have it all. They got lots of followers based on their likeability and relatability. The normal juggle of life/work/kids. And they are so far removed from this and both such huge consumers. So materialistic and wasteful. The house ‘reno’ is really shocking in a way. I can understand the excitement of putting your stamp on your new home, but if it’s all gifted does it give the same joy and satisfaction as budgeting and working for it. Watching the unmumsy actually renovate a house and live in it compared to lining up the freebies and working out which room they’ll go in, free kitchens, bathrooms, beds. It doesn’t seem to produce the same happiness and joy. I feel this about Martha's house as well. Her old house was beautiful and you could tell she loved it. I really don’t get the same feeling about the new house.
The oDs have been consumed with stuff, their whole lives swallowed up and they are barely recognisable as the stunning couple they were.
He used to preach about getting back to basics. Touching base with his kids by going camping. Telling others how to parent. But now his me special time is being flown to Abu Dhabi for 3 days and running around F1. It’s not even a trip of a lifetime, it’s just an essential ‘me treat’. Who even are you Simon?
View attachment 61411View attachment 61412View attachment 61413View attachment 61414
Those old Instagram pics, oh my, you can’t get a more appropriate hashtag Slymon - #dosomethingwithyourkids 😂 No tit. Start taking your own advice!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
This is reaching a bit. They were both these pictures before the whole saga. I don’t think it means anything. They will stay together 100%.
she’s changed her private profile to her maidenname. He’s pretending she doesn’t exist to protect his following. None of this spells happy marriage to me :(

well done. That’s great.

Sadly life isn’t fair though. I know you didn’t suggest this but I’ve read it before where people think that they have more money than others because they “deserve” it because they worked hard. However life doesn’t follow those rules so to suggest it does is unfair and wrong.

Some of the people who deserve to be paid the most (teachers, nurses, midwives 😬etc etc) are paid relatively poorly.

To suggest that people like that can just “work hard” and then they too could “deserve” a well deserved break to Abu Dhabi first class is just insulting. You can be a nurse and work all the extra shifts under the sun, make a real difference to many people’s lives and get the best reviews from your boss, but you’ll never afford all that.

Countless studies have shown that its the people with wealthy parent families that ultimately get the best paid jobs in the media (tv, newspapers) and jobs that start off with a lot of financial uncertainty (eg entrepreneurs, barristers). To suggest that all these people with rich families just so happen to be more talented journalists than all the people from poorer backgrounds just isn’t true. They can afford to do unpaid work experience, take career risks etc etc.

The way I see it, the distribution of wealth is largely based on luck and extremely unfair on many. The idea that all rich people “deserve” it somehow suggests that poorer people also “deserve” to be poor somehow.

The people who have far more wealth than they need should ultimately feel a huge responsibility to help others. Because to acquire that much wealth, they’ve ultimately stolen from the hands of their sisters. There should be enough to go round.

I suppose capitalism teaches is that we should crave wealth and possessions above all else.

That young 25yo lad Jack who just got killed in the London Bridge attack tweeted something (much more eloquent) along these lines a couple of months ago, about how we are told to admire billionaires because capitalism tells us we should all be attempting to be them, when in reality anyone that rich should be ashamed of themselves. it’s really stuck with me today. What an amazing man. Oh dear I’m off topic now aren’t I!
Beautifully put. 👏🏻

I expect she has changed the name to hide away from fan girls sending her supportive messages.... and those who want to let their opinion of her actions be know. That said, Gas and Air is still up... I think?

Reactions: 6
Simon really does lose all credibility (not that he really has any in the first place) by deleting the majority of his negative comments, even the ones expressing their views fairly and respectfully, or he turns them off all together.
For someone thats loving his best ‘gifted’ life off the back of all his 1M followers you’d think he’d have a little more respect for their opinions don’t you think?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
she’s changed her private profile to her maidenname. He’s pretending she doesn’t exist to protect his following. None of this spells happy marriage to me :(
I’m certain she’s changed the name to stop more people identifying it with her. And, while I do not have any likes for Simon, I imagine he is just protecting her privacy. All she would want is more scrutiny of her actions right now that would come via him featuring her in even the smallest ways. I don’t believe for one second that she’s not supportive of him carrying on as usual.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.