Michael & David Kay #8 Farewell to the Disney Dream

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Patiently waiting for the patreon update for May 1st. Tom Petty’s Free Falling comes to mind.
1651401810416.jpeg

It looks like 182 is the new number. I prefer to see it graphically.
1651402130020.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Patiently waiting for the patreon update for May 1st. Tom Petty’s Free Falling comes to mind.
View attachment 1234420

It looks like 182 is the new number. I prefer to see it graphically.
View attachment 1234428
Michael has a new programming gimmick: Will people tune in to see him try to reverse the enormous decline of his once marginally successful youtube channel which is rapidly losing the minor popularity it once had. It's what gets me to tune in. I have to say, however, at the end of each of his videos he thanks his patreons "for making it all possible," as if my rage watching did not mean anything to him. I don't feel appreciated.:mad:

• Haha
watching Dave's first Ireland travel video, trying to figure out how the hell he planned this, what exactly he is doing. Seems like chaos with him changing flights or whatnot and his luggage not making it. Everything he does is very weird, and since his way of presenting information is always convoluted I can't figure it out. All I can think is one of these things happened 1) he had booked 1 set of flights and then decided to go standby to get there earlier and it backfired causing the luggage to get separated 2) The flight was oversold and he got bumped or took the buyout $ and that screwed up the connections scheduling, or 3) he is traveling on some sort of buddy pass so it was standby all the way, and which is allowing him to afford to do this, and why he witches about the cost of everything else. (I mean he was whining about the free water from the drinking fountains in Dublin, and then while walking around complains how its hard to find (free) water. Just buy a fresh bottle!) more lowlights below
  • Failed to adequately make sure he had the correct phone or phone plan to be able to work overseas, therefore constantly is desperate to find free wifi everywhere.
  • He is amazed they have Lavazza in Ireland, the same brand they had in Vegas! Dave they are an Italian company! Then he waxes poetic about the 'European tea way' but then follows it up by showing his disappointment that it was 'ok' and 'pretty standard'. Tea is tea. The only difference Dave, that you're probably thinking about is in England, not necessarily Ireland, they load it up with cream & sugar.
  • While looking out the window of the bus he says he's 'noticed the European license plates on the cars is a difference to observe' and later says the landscape is getting nicer and he's starting to see those 'castle vibes' before cutting to a McDonalds.
  • Sees anything Irish, while in Ireland, is blown away: Flags, breakfasts, butter!
  • Has to take leftovers from his breakfast, of course. Probably to eat cold and off a towel the next day.
  • Obsessed with getting a replacement toothbrush, but not a replacement umbrella. Then is clearly disappointed when his luggage shows up that he spent money on a new toothbrush.
  • His first stops are inside tourist trap crappy t-shirt stores, of course
  • Talks about how saying 'hey' to get someone's attention isn't being received well, says he will try hello, or excuse me...but as soon as he's in the post office - "Hey!". Hey is only ever good when you know someone Dave.
  • Talks about 'beautiful...architecture buildings'
  • Goes to Book of Kells exhibit, makes me wonder if he knew what it was ahead of time or if he just stumbled onto it and needed something to fill his time, but since all he every says about anything is that it was 'cool to see', my guess is he had no idea.
  • Hangs out on a college campus again (trinity)...some habits never change
  • His nervous giggle slowly evolves more and more towards crying as his no good rotten cold rainy day with no wifi continues on. The 'happy' expressions on his face look more and more forced as we know he is screaming internally.

One more Sunday night question For Dave. duck you kelly.

xCpR_jNSv4sFx9SJ4Wc4M5I3=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Train Wreck

Two words come to mind to describe this international adventure. Can you guess them?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I wonder how Mikey feels seeing that another Disney vlogger, Kyle Pallo, flew to his home state & is showcasing all the very "patriotic" DC locations...and he never did while living there. Regret much?! Wouldn't that have been nice to vlog back when you lived there in-between Disney trips, instead of filler videos of you reacting to old vlogs? Oh well.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
On Michael's Patreon Facebook group

In effort to help our Patreon family even more I am adding #michaelsshoppinglist to our Tags.
If there is a specific item that you would like me to purchase for you in my travels around Walt Disney World please add this hashtag and a photo to the post.
I will keep a close eye on on the list so that I have an ongoing list.
Please only post items that you are 100% sure that you would like. If you no longer wish to have me look for the item please delete the post so that I don’t accidentally get it.

interesting as his patreon acct is still showing 202
View attachment 1235582
It sometimes take a day or two to update.

• Haha
YIKES! It's even worse than expected!!!! Poor Mikey won't be able to afford to keep cruising!
This might be the biggest percentage drop-off he's had in a while. He was all squee during the global pandemic when he could get into the parks all the time without waiting in queue. Let's see if he's the same during a recession when you can't be high-on-the-hog and have to cut back.

Reactions: 6
I dropped my account. As much as I enjoy a little bit of staying 'in the know' a little bit, I just can't justify spending even the $5/mos for it. He's just not making any effort and it shows. He only listens to positive praise and that has gotten him absolutely no where. I give praise when it is due and any suggestion I've ever made is because I have read what others posted and wanted to boost their concerns or suggestions. At this point, no negative comment ever gets through. I think they get deleted or banned instantly, before he even sees them. Constructive criticism is not a bad thing.

Reactions: 6
That is a huge drop for Patreons. I only am on every 6 months or so as the 5.00 doesn't giving anything. If he is doing what he says about getting stuff for his Patreons that is against Disney's polices and he may see himself banned as I see he using his discount and making a profit off his patreons.

That is a huge drop for Patreons. I only am on every 6 months or so as the 5.00 doesn't giving anything. If he is doing what he says about getting stuff for his Patreons that is against Disney's polices and he may see himself banned as I see he using his discount and making a profit off his patreons.
There are tons of personal shoppers out there but yes, if Mikey uses his AP discount to purchase the items for his patreons and then charges a “finder’s fee” he could lose his AP privileges. Not sure if he would be banned but I'd love to see the mental breakdown if he was.

Reactions: 7
As I mentioned, I like to see it graphically. Funny how it’s inversely proportional to Kelly’s dress size. Sorry Kelly, you know I love you 😘.
1651485339291.jpeg

Michael’s first line below—sorry it’s not possible. No international Mickey for Mikey.
1651485445027.jpeg

Dad—I’ll have to admit. It took me 3 years to see the light but you were right.
1651485576412.jpeg

• Haha
By wearing his stupid Guardian's jacket (man child) in the live stream and posting an old pic wearing it on IG, he must be hinting he's invited to the media preview of the new ride this week? :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1
Is anyone surprised Michael never mentioned this in his most recent “complete guide for 1st time cruisers” video?

M0bxzf2F6e6s11XktVJ1Wggf=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Sarah Rogers
19 hours ago
New cruisers need to be prepared for the tips at the end of the trip.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.